Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Leaked: Alfa Romeo Giulia :Comments

Tomorrow, Alfa Romeo will be showing the long awaited Giulia sedan. But the folks at CarScoops got their hands on two pictures before the debut.

The pictures show the model using a number of cues from other Alfa models such as the trunk lid and taillights. Judging from the pictures, it appears this particular Giulia is a performance model with blacked-out wheels and twin-tailpipes.

We'll have more on the Giulia when Alfa Romeo reveals it tomorrow.

Source: CarScoops

View full article

Looks to be too small to be off the Maserati platform, too. I WOULD say it's also too low a price point, but if they're talking "Ferrari-sourced V6" (ciao, Dino!) then maybe Sergio's talk about chasing Bimmer has merit.

Edited by El Kabong

Looks to be too small to be off the Maserati platform, too. I WOULD say it's also too low a price point, but if they're talking "Ferrari-sourced V6" (ciao, Dino!) then maybe Sergio's talk about chasing Bimmer has merit.

The Maserati platform, if you're referring to the Ghibli, is a chopped up Chrysler LX platform.  There's no stinking way they are cutting the LX down to a 3-series sized vehicle.  So this might be something new.

Ya, I meant to refer to the Ghibli.

I suppose it could be a 200 with a heavily-modded front end. I'd be pretty surprised if it was all-new in any event.

Well the 200 platform could theoretically be RWD because of the way they set up the AWD on that car... but everything ahead of the firewall would need to be new. 

What platform is that on I wonder.  At first, I thought it was a 200 based car, but not with the front wheels that far forward it isnt

I was trying to find that out from the previous stories we have done. I want to say its rear-drive, but with the number of stories that say Alfa's doing this and then that, I'm really not sure.

I can't be the only one who thought it was a BMW 3 or 5 series as soon as I saw it, can I?

Maybe it's just the angle, but the lines look like a carbon copy. Is it a brand new model or are they re-using a chasis from someone?

Sad that they spent all this money on new auto's to try and restart Alfa Romeo when they should have put the money into fixing the issues with their existing brands.

Glass half-full counterpoint: if this chassis does turn out to be RWD-based then we're probably looking at the next Challenger or Cuda, and possibly a stretched version for the 300/Charger. On the high end it may become an entry-level Maserati coupe. Mopar needs such a platform to happen.

Edited by El Kabong