FORD U.S. SALES UP ON STRONG CUSTOMER DEMAND FOR NEWEST PRODUCTS – F-SERIES, MUSTANG, EDGE, EXPLORER, TRANSIT VANS

• Ford brand SUVs sales up 10 percent, delivering best June sales performance since 2002; sales of all-new Ford Edge up 30 percent, new Explorer up 30 percent versus last year
  • Ford F-Series achieves record average transaction pricing, while all-new F-150 turns twice as fast on dealer lots than industry’s half-ton pickup segment; Ford Transit commercial vans post best June sales since 1999
  • Ford Mustang has best June performance since 2007
  • Lincoln delivers best June retail sales results in eight years
  • Ford Motor Company total U.S. sales increase 2 percent last month

DEARBORN, Mich., July 1, 2015 – Strong consumer demand for its newest products pushed Ford Motor Company total U.S. June sales 2 percent higher, to 225,647 vehicles sold.

“Strong retail momentum continues building for our newest vehicles – including F-150, Mustang, Edge, and now Explorer,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “The Ford brand’s average transaction prices have increased $2,700 versus a year ago – more than triple the industry average – while our incentives are down, showing how much customers value our investment in new vehicles with the latest technologies.”

F-Series average transaction prices reached an all-time record in June, with average transaction prices moving above $44,000 per truck – $3,600 higher than last year. The all-new F-150 is turning twice as fast on dealer lots than the industry average for half-ton pickups, as Ford continues building dealer stocks.

Ford brand SUV sales were up 10 percent year over year, producing the best June sales results since 2002 – with 64,885 vehicles sold. Sales of the new Explorer are off to a fast start, with a total of 20,377 sold, an increase of 30 percent versus a year ago. Sales of the all-new Edge increased 30 percent in June versus last year, with 12,587 vehicles sold. Edge continues to turn quickly on dealer lots – at just 15 days – while the new Explorer is turning in just seven days. 

Ford van sales totaling 21,419 vehicles represent a 31 percent increase relative to last year, for the best June results since 1999. During the first half of the year, van sales totaled 109,783 vehicles – a 26 percent increase and our best first half van sales performance since 1988. The all-new Transit, with sales of 12,134 vans last month, is driving Ford’s segment growth, with its strongest-ever sales month.

Mustang sales were up 54 percent, with 11,719 cars sold. This represents Mustang’s best June performance since 2007. Mustang sales are particularly strong in America’s largest sports car region, Southern California, where retail sales are up 157 percent in June. 

Lincoln retail sales increased 20 percent versus a year ago, providing the premium brand with its best June results since 2007. Lincoln MKC continues to build momentum, along with Navigator, which posted a 39 percent sales increase for June. All-new Lincoln MKX sales started late last month.

2103 salesmen should be fired(assuming only one vehicle per salesman). Top 5 ugliest vehicles on the road.

^ I noticed the "E Series" sales as well.. must be fleet style..left overs or something..

The F-Series is in freefall. That alone takes the zing out of any Ford sales numbers. They need that thing to make money for them, and quickly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I hope for Ford's sake the F150 sales drop IS due to frame shortages.  Anybody know what the turn rate is for the new F150?  How many days are they spending on the lots?  It says it is turning twice as fast as competitors but what is the actual number?

Great to see Lincoln continue it's double digit increases. 

I think that by summers end we will see it continue that with new MKX selling briskly.  I bet sales of 10K by years end with clearance sales.  Next year should be a big one for Lincoln.  Finally.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope for Ford's sake the F150 sales drop IS due to frame shortages.  Anybody know what the turn rate is for the new F150?  How many days are they spending on the lots?  It says it is turning twice as fast as competitors but what is the actual number?

I do wonder if the tepid styling changes w/ this new generation has hurt sales..it looks virtually the same as it's predecessor, different light clusters and grille shape, but still the same bland, boring blocky styling themes of the last 2 generations..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

They spent too much on the body material changes and too little on the rest of the vehicle. Who cares about an aluminum body if it's still the same weight as a Silverado and has two fewer gears in the tranny? And people have caught on to the EcoBoost's inability to generate FE numbers any better than a Hemi or Smallblock.

Some folks are blaming the frame vendor issues. Maybe. But I also know it's easy to throw a vendor under the bus when a product is underachieving. And I'm leaning towards the second theory.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Find it hilarious that Wings is not bringing up the fact that Ford was 35% Fleet sales last month. 

Fleet

June Mo. '15 / '14

Commercial 11 % / 12 %

Government 6 % / 6 %

Rental 18 % / 16 %

Total 35 % / 34 %
Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Find it hilarious that Wings is not bringing up the fact that Ford was 35% Fleet sales last month. 

Fleet

June Mo. '15 / '14

Commercial 11 % / 12 %

Government 6 % / 6 %

Rental 18 % / 16 %

Total 35 % / 34 %

That is because when Ford does that...its good business....but if GM does that...its bad, its bad!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They spent too much on the body material changes and too little on the rest of the vehicle. Who cares about an aluminum body if it's still the same weight as a Silverado and has two fewer gears in the tranny? And people have caught on to the EcoBoost's inability to generate FE numbers any better than a Hemi or Smallblock.

Some folks are blaming the frame vendor issues. Maybe. But I also know it's easy to throw a vendor under the bus when a product is underachieving. And I'm leaning towards the second theory.

Na, inventory is low.  Friends of mine just bought an F-150.  They wanted a very specific configuration.  They couldn't get it... and the one they settled for still had to be shipped 150miles.

I'm not casting doubt on your story by any means... but that's also what happened with my Ram. I specified my engine, bed length, and air suspension. It took a few days to get to South E-town, and when I asked where it came from I got a look like "man, you don't wanna know."

Edmonton, man.

Edmon-frickin-ton. The Texas of the North. And no, that's not just patriotic boasting. Alberta is nearly as crazy for trucks as the Lone Star crew.

Fleet

June Mo. '15 / '14

Commercial 11 % / 12 %

Government 6 % / 6 %

Rental 18 % / 16 %

Total 35 % / 34 %

Yeah, rental fleet needle moved a bit last month, but that is on the heels of months of scaling back on Edge, Focus, F150 and Explorer as they launched new products.  But still, 18% of 35% (or 6.3% of total sales) is still lower than GM.

Btw, care to put up GM's numbers casa for reference.

• Downvote 1

I'm reasonably sure that the current retail sales standings for the Detroit Gang are:

1) GM

2) Mopar

3) Ford

...which is kinda astonishing, really.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Edmonton, man.

Edmon-frickin-ton. The Texas of the North. And no, that's not just patriotic boasting. Alberta is nearly as crazy for trucks as the Lone Star crew.

I know, but I'm talking overall regional population. 

I'm reasonably sure that the current retail sales standings for the Detroit Gang are:

1) GM

2) Mopar

3) Ford

I dunno why I indulge that simple mutha***ker, but when I get to have my cake.. and eat it too.. its worth they typing:

GM's fleet sales made up 20 percent of its volume in June, down from 28 percent a year ago

Ford's fleet sales made up 35 percent of its volume in June, UP from 34%  percent a year ago

What that means to Wings is that of:

GM's 259,353, only 51,870 were fleet, leaving 207,483 retail.

Ford sold a total of 225,647, and 78,976 were fleet with retail being  146,671.

Wait WHAT!!! GM sold almost as many Retail alone as Ford sold TOTAL????!!!! LMFAO :bowl: 

Edmonton, man.

I know, but I'm talking overall regional population.

The Edmonton/Calgary corridor has a population of 2.5 or 3 million. Not quite as big as Pittsburgh I suppose, but still pretty darn big.

1) GM

2) Mopar

3) Ford

I dunno why I indulge that simple mutha***ker, but when I get to have my cake.. and eat it too.. its worth they typing:

GM's fleet sales made up 20 percent of its volume in June, down from 28 percent a year ago

Ford's fleet sales made up 35 percent of its volume in June, UP from 34%  percent a year ago

Wait WHAT!!! GM sold almost as many Retail alone as Ford sold TOTAL????!!!! LMFAO :bowl: 

For years now casa, I have been repeating the same fact, and for years now, you have been ignoring it, in that rental fleet is the worst fleet and commercial, government, etc......is the good fleet.

Transit sales ALONE have spiked the commercial percentage, by design. You keep pretending that it is a mistake on their part to design and build and grow commercial fleet, and I keep spiking that ball in your face.  Will you ever learn?

So go ahead and show the rental percent for GM, which is only 6.3% for Ford. You know, for reference. :thumbsup:

Edited by Wings4Life

All I know is that Ford put fewer vehicles in garages than Mopar last month. And considering that as recently as 2008 Mopar was in danger of ceasing to exist, that is an amazing victory for Sergio.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1) GM

2) Mopar

3) Ford

For years now casa, I have been repeating the same fact, and for years now, you have been ignoring it, in that rental fleet is the worst fleet and commercial, government, etc......is the good fleet.

Transit sales ALONE have spiked the commercial percentage, by design. You keep pretending that it is a mistake on their part to design and build and grow commercial fleet, and I keep spiking that ball in your face.  Will you ever learn?

So go ahead and show the rental percent for GM, which is only 6.3% for Ford. You know, for reference. :thumbsup:

1)  RETAIL > Fleet. Any Fleet. GM beat the $h! outta Ford on Retail.. by about 60,000 retail vehicles. Are U implying that Ford's Fleet vehicles.. rental, gov't. or commercial.. is better than GM having more Retail??? If so.. U are a drunk on Field's juices  :thumbsup:

2) Look at the numbers Dimwit.  Hell even without the actual GM breakdown of  numbers:

Ford sold 18% of it's 35% Fleet.. to Rental.

GM only sold 20% Fleet overall.  I'm pretty sure that GM sold more than 2% of that 20% to places other than Rental.

3) your foolishness has always supposed that GM send all of its fleet cars to Rental for some odd reason. Despite all of knowing that the Tahoe, Yukon, Impala, Caprice, Malibu, Express Van are all known quantities in Gov't fleet

What I do know is that GM favored Retail and commercial fleet sales over Rental last month. 

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Ford brand outsold every other brand in NA.

No debate there.

Now, casa, kindly show the GM rental fleet, preferably with a link.

The problem with that argument, of course, is that Ford the BRAND is basically Ford the COMPANY. The other companies on my list do not face these limitations.

Like I said... Mopar beating Ford in retail sales is nothing less than a disaster for Dearborn.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Today's Birthdays

1. K.C.
      K.C.
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Tesla's production hell seems to be only getting worse than better. Various issues at their Freemont plant has caused the automaker to push back their goal of producing 5,000 Model 3s from late last year to June of this year. This, in turn, has caused some holders of Model 3 reservations to have their order pushed back to 2019.
      “As we work hard to meet demand, we wanted to let you know that your estimated delivery timing has been adjusted to a slightly later window,” Tesla said in an email to customers.
      According to Bloomberg, the new date depends on when the reservation was placed and what model was chosen. Tesla is trying to get the more expensive long-range battery model out first before starting production of the cheaper standard battery model. This has buyers of the latter model worried as they might not get the full $7,500 tax credit. The credit begins to phase out once an automaker has built 200,000, something Tesla expects to hit sometime this year.
      The move has caused some reservation holders to take to various forums and Twitter to complain. Others are deciding to jump ship and buy a Chevrolet Bolt. Reuters reports that Chevrolet dealers in California are seeing a noticeable increase of Tesla shoppers interested in the Bolt.
      “We’re getting the Tesla people who wanted their Model 3. We ask them, ‘What other cars are you interested in?’ They’re mostly Tesla. But they want the car now. They don’t want to wait,” said Yev Kaplinskiy of Stewart Chevrolet.
      Kaplinskiy said they sold 15 Bolts last weekend.
      Chevrolet is taking advantage of the delay by emailing some prospective buyers this week with the message of, “Bolt EV: Now available.”
      Source: Bloomberg, Reuters

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Tesla's production hell seems to be only getting worse than better. Various issues at their Freemont plant has caused the automaker to push back their goal of producing 5,000 Model 3s from late last year to June of this year. This, in turn, has caused some holders of Model 3 reservations to have their order pushed back to 2019.
      “As we work hard to meet demand, we wanted to let you know that your estimated delivery timing has been adjusted to a slightly later window,” Tesla said in an email to customers.
      According to Bloomberg, the new date depends on when the reservation was placed and what model was chosen. Tesla is trying to get the more expensive long-range battery model out first before starting production of the cheaper standard battery model. This has buyers of the latter model worried as they might not get the full $7,500 tax credit. The credit begins to phase out once an automaker has built 200,000, something Tesla expects to hit sometime this year.
      The move has caused some reservation holders to take to various forums and Twitter to complain. Others are deciding to jump ship and buy a Chevrolet Bolt. Reuters reports that Chevrolet dealers in California are seeing a noticeable increase of Tesla shoppers interested in the Bolt.
      “We’re getting the Tesla people who wanted their Model 3. We ask them, ‘What other cars are you interested in?’ They’re mostly Tesla. But they want the car now. They don’t want to wait,” said Yev Kaplinskiy of Stewart Chevrolet.
      Kaplinskiy said they sold 15 Bolts last weekend.
      Chevrolet is taking advantage of the delay by emailing some prospective buyers this week with the message of, “Bolt EV: Now available.”
      Source: Bloomberg, Reuters
    • By William Maley
      If you have been following auto sales for the past few years, then you know that SUVs and trucks currently dominate the sales charts partly due to the low gas prices. This is especially true when it comes to the luxury segment, where utility models are eating sedans. But a new report from The New York Times reveals that American automakers are eating the lunches of luxury car manufacturers. 
      According to data from Edmunds, the likes of Ford, Chevrolet, and GMC have seen their share of domestic sales of models with an average price of $60,000 steadily climbing, while luxury brands like Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Lexus have been declining. GMC, in particular, has shown the largest growth, accounting 11.3 percent of domestic sales of $60,000-plus models in 2017. Five years ago, the brand only made up 0.1 percent of those sales. A lot of this credit can be laid at the feet of GMC's Denali brands. At a recent investor conference, GM showed data that the Denali line had an average sale price of $56,000 - more than the average price of an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz.
      “This thing is a money machine,” said GM's president Dan Ammann about Denali.
      Over at Ford, more than half of F-150 sales are made up by the Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor models. Only a few years ago, those models made up a third.
      Why are American automakers seeing a massive increase in expensive SUVs and trucks? Part of it comes down to price, but there is also the image.
      “We’ve been taking in Lexuses on trade-ins, BMWs," said Gary Gilchrist, owner of a GMC dealer in Tacoma, Washington.
      “People used to want German cars for the image factor. Now, if you have a Denali, you get that. People turn their heads to look.”
      Source: New York Times

View full article
    • By William Maley
      If you have been following auto sales for the past few years, then you know that SUVs and trucks currently dominate the sales charts partly due to the low gas prices. This is especially true when it comes to the luxury segment, where utility models are eating sedans. But a new report from The New York Times reveals that American automakers are eating the lunches of luxury car manufacturers. 
      According to data from Edmunds, the likes of Ford, Chevrolet, and GMC have seen their share of domestic sales of models with an average price of $60,000 steadily climbing, while luxury brands like Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, and Lexus have been declining. GMC, in particular, has shown the largest growth, accounting 11.3 percent of domestic sales of $60,000-plus models in 2017. Five years ago, the brand only made up 0.1 percent of those sales. A lot of this credit can be laid at the feet of GMC's Denali brands. At a recent investor conference, GM showed data that the Denali line had an average sale price of $56,000 - more than the average price of an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz.
      “This thing is a money machine,” said GM's president Dan Ammann about Denali.
      Over at Ford, more than half of F-150 sales are made up by the Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor models. Only a few years ago, those models made up a third.
      Why are American automakers seeing a massive increase in expensive SUVs and trucks? Part of it comes down to price, but there is also the image.
      “We’ve been taking in Lexuses on trade-ins, BMWs," said Gary Gilchrist, owner of a GMC dealer in Tacoma, Washington.
      “People used to want German cars for the image factor. Now, if you have a Denali, you get that. People turn their heads to look.”
      Source: New York Times
    • By William Maley
      Last week, Ford unveiled the Raptor Ranger. The bad news as we reported was the model wasn't going to come here, but a tweet from Ford's North America Product Communications manager gave some hope that possibly, a smaller Raptor could come.
      More fuel has been added to this fire via some comments made by the chief engineer for Ford Performance, Jamal Hameedi. Speaking with Australian outlet Drive, Hameedi said the truck "would do really well in the states."
      “I think it’s certainly like it’s a baby Raptor, it depends what you’re looking for. There are a lot of people that just want that size in a pickup truck and they don’t want anything larger,” said Hameedi. 
      Hameedi went on to say that the diesel engine found in the Ranger Raptor would likely be swapped for a gas engine.
      “I think most American off-roaders would actually prefer a petrol gas engine, but a diesel is the absolute way to go for the rest of the world.”
      We think a version of Ford's 2.3 EcoBoost could be the engine of choice for a U.S. variant. 
      But it will likely be a while before a final decision is made on the Ranger Raptor coming to the U.S.
      “We haven’t said anything about availability in the US, our first priority is to get a Raptor available to everyone on the planet earth. So Americans already have an F-150 Raptor, we’ve got to spread Raptors to the rest of the planet,” said Hameedi.
      Source: Drive

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook