§carlet §wordfish

New Car Decision

12 posts in this topic

Hi folks, long time.

I had a crash with my Sunfire a couple weeks ago. it still drives, but the passenger door and front fender got effed up. My dad has taken it back and I'm borrowing my sister's S-10 in the interim.

So I've been shopping for my first new car. I've narrowed it down to either a Sonic hatch or a Cruze. Probably a 2 year, 17k mi/yr lease. Hopefully I'll have an Elio by the end of that.

So what are your thoughts about the two choices? They both seem like good cars, and it's hard to say I have a preference between them. I'd like to keep overall cost to a minimum, including payments, gas, and insurance.

ccap41    1,161

Personally, I think the Cruze just looks better enough to want to buy that but if you're trying to keep overall costs down the Sonic would be the better bet in saving thousands up front. 

Are you looking at the brand new Cruzes? 

So I forgot I had made this thread. Didn't realize it had been over two months ago. But I ended up leasing a red Cruze LT Automatic. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I was very tempted by the Sonic 6-speed manual, but there were none readily available and I needed a car as quickly as possible. No regrets about my choice. It looks great, gets 40+ mpg, smooth ride, and I can play whatever music I want in it.

Thanks for y'alls advice!

• Upvote 1

ocnblu    733

Is it Scarlet Red?  Congratulations on your new vehicle!

Indeed, scarlet red, and new body style. Here it is:

cMSXlUk.jpg

I have to say, even though this is the first car I've payed for with my own money, the fact that I'm leasing it makes it feel like it's still not really "my car." It's still a great car and I am very happy to have it, but I don't feel the same affection for it that I did towards the Sunfire. Maybe it will come with time.

It may also be the fact that it was more something I *needed*, not just wanted. And it's something I needed because of my own carelessness. I was hoping to drive the Sunfire until it fell apart, and was hoping it would not do that until the Elio was produced (though it was already starting to.)

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.