Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Spied: Japan-Spec Refreshed Subaru Legacy

40 posts in this topic

Spied: Japan-Spec Refreshed Subaru Legacy

Posted Image

The 2007 Legacy for Japan is the 2008 Legacy for us. The Legacy has still been spared from the horror that is the Alfaesque grille that adorns the Tribeca and Impreza (which, if you're using the Tribeca as a comparison point, is a good thing). It's only a front end shot but that's enough to let us know they won't ugly up the Legacy for at least another 2 years.

Read "2007 Japanese-spec Subaru Legacy spotted" @ Edmunds Straightline

Honestly, it pisses me off that the Legacy falls into the midsize family sedan shadows. I would buy one hands down over any other midsize car. It's priced right, looks right and performs right. Plus, it looks so sexy in black.

Does it look as sexy in the service department of the subaru dealer? ;)

Never mind "ugly up"; are we ever going to see some 'beautying up'??

Honestly, it pisses me off that the Legacy falls into the midsize family sedan shadows.  I would buy one hands down over any other midsize car.  It's priced right, looks right and performs right.  Plus, it looks so sexy in black.

:withstupid:

Does it look as sexy in the service department of the subaru dealer? ;)

Never mind "ugly up"; are we ever going to see some 'beautying up'??

Are you always so negative?

Wait, I forgot. Subaru is Japanese. :rolleyes:

I think the Legacy would sell better if it didn't have those little circles sticking out of the headlights and if the non-sport models didn't look so jacked up. I guess the normal ones might be okay, but the Outbacks or whatever the "off-road" sedan is called looks dumb.

Eh... neither better or worse.

Kind of surprising to see no Edsel grill though.

No; it's unattractive and of legendary substandard quality. Or didn't you hear?

Get some glasses... It's the best looking upmarket midsize sedan you can buy.

20/15 vision says otherwise. Must be all that ribbed cladding that does it for you; you like(d) Pontiacs in the past. And since when is subaru "upscale"??? :lol:

:withstupid:

Get some glasses... It's the best looking upmarket midsize sedan you can buy.

Uh BV...how come in one post you're "I'm with stupid sign is directed at the guy who likes the Subaru, while the next seems to be defending it?

Anyway, I like the Legacy sedan and the Outback wagon alot...very handsome cars. The refresh doesn't look much different...thankfully it seems to have evaded the corporate smiley.

As for your post balthazar...isn't that substandard quality one of GM's trademarks? :P Only messing (even if there is truth to that) :P . Anyway, I know people who have owned Subarus...they don't have these horrible quality problems you keep talking about.

20/15 vision says otherwise. Must be all that ribbed cladding that does it for you; you like(d) Pontiacs in the past. And since when is subaru "upscale"??? :lol:

Hey.. I still love Pontiacs... but not the cladding that was attached to them. :P

As for upscale... compared to Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Ford... Subaru is certainly "upscale is some ways. Standard all wheel drive and a high quality interior and all the other perks of it...

Uh BV...how come in one post you're "I'm with stupid sign is directed at the guy who likes the Subaru, while the next seems to be defending it?

What? Are you high, again? The "I'm with stupid" sign means "I agree". Forget? :blink::D

BV loves the Legacy. It's hot for a sedan.

Hey.. I still love Pontiacs... but not the cladding that was attached to them. :P

As for upscale... compared to Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Ford... Subaru is certainly "upscale is some ways. Standard all wheel drive and a high quality interior and all the other perks of it... 

What? Are you high, again? The "I'm with stupid" sign means "I agree". Forget? :blink::D

BV loves the Legacy. It's hot for a sedan.

That's a new one. I've always known it to mean what it implies...being with the stupid guy. It doesn't make sense for an agreement, but oh well.

I've explained that to you before, you know.... Anyways, yeah... it's a sarcasticly stupid agreement, for the most part. Does that help any? If it doesn't... um... poke yourself in the stomach. Adios. :P

the legacy was aiming for bmw if im not mistaken. i kindve laughed at that not because theyrre terrible it just seemed unreasonable at the time. subaru always had a set though from the best i could tell. but to say that theyrre upscale i think is a little misleading.

Subies are reliable...have been at the top of the list for years...

As for their upscale aspirations, they've been slowly heading upmarket for years and, to my eyes, are the least 'Japanese' looking of all the Asian makes (which is a good thing).

I'd put them on equal footing with Honda or Toyota, with a dash of style and uniqueness, since they sell about 10-15% of what those two makes peddle.

Japan has won! People think Subaru is reliable just because they are Japanese. JD Power, however, does not agree:

The least reliable brands of 2005:

Suzuki (151)

Mazda (149)

Land Rover (149)

Volkswagon (147)

Porsche (147)

Volvo (140)

Kia (140)

Subaru (138)

Saturn (136)

Saab (136)

Japan has won!  People think Subaru is reliable just because they are Japanese.  JD Power, however, does not agree:

CR Good Bets

The best of both worlds

These are models that have performed well in Consumer Reports road tests over the years and have proved to have several or more years of better-than-average Used Car Verdict. They are listed alphabetically.

Subaru Forester

Subaru Impreza

Subaru Impreza

WRX, STi

Subaru Legacy

Subaru Outback

Additionally, other than JD Power, these cars are all 'best bets' and highly regarded...

...no matter....I'd still put them up against any competitor, as they are what Saab should be and isn't.

But Enzl, you're quoting Consumer Reports! Along with other members, I have heard nothing but good things about Subaru, except the Lesbian lover Forrester. J/K. The B9's snout is fairly nasty and that wannabe truck isn't the best use of money.

But Enzl, you're quoting Consumer Reports!  Along with other members, I have heard nothing but good things about Subaru, except the Lesbian lover Forrester.  J/K.  The B9's snout is fairly nasty and that wannabe truck isn't the best use of money.

Sorry...I haven't had a chance to really research this, I just flipped to a bookmarked site...it happened to be CR (which I personally don't like), but if you look at almost any media source, you'll find almost unanimously positive ratings....

20/15 vision says otherwise. Must be all that ribbed cladding that does it for you; you like(d) Pontiacs in the past.

When was the last time your vision was checked? The Legacy is without a strip of cladding.

And since when is subaru "upscale"??? :lol:

Go sit in a G6 and then a Legacy. That should clear things up.