Dream car garage....

Newest dream car garage-

In this dream car garage, you are allowed 5 cars, the catch being-you have to give all five away to other posters here.

The other catch is that I want you to move as far away from "Traditional" choices as possible.  We would all like a Raptor, Miata, SS, C7 Corvette Z06, SRT Challenger and the like...your challenge is to find something "different" and give it to Another member here.

This is also a "Double Challenge" if you accept it, in that you can give a pair of cars to said individual...but if you give a "Pair" one has to be brand new 2017-2018 and one has to be at least ten years old or so...

Let's begin...

First Gift-Balthazar; 56 Ford Sunliner Convertible.

1donseversen2.jpg

New for Balthazar, Ford F350 for his company...

For Frisky Dingo, a GTI Farenhiet Used, pristine...

Edited by A Horse With No Name

VW GTI FAHRENHEIT 2

New is Jag F type....something that has been in dream car garage before but not often.

Image result for Jeg F type

Third, Olds Hurst....a Unimog for your Canadian winters.

1974 UNIMOG. Great for hauling groceries and killing zombies.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

That will take care of vintage for Olds,-HuImage result for 2017 focus Titaniumrst....new....

His daughter must be getting close to driving age, nice safe enjoyable first car, and I love the one CCAP41 just got....would be nice to have two in the C and G fleet...not sure how she will find a white car in a Canadian blizzard though...

For CCAP41, a Ford Falcon Sprint convertible to go with his Focus...

Image result for Ford falcon Sprint convertible

And for new, a Golf Wolfsburg manual to book end the Focus...would make a nice car for his fiancee to drive, and the back will swallow a car seat nicely if a little CCAP comes along...

5th...hmmm...so many members, so many cars, think hard...

DFelt...let's start new...I have always liked the Enclave and it hasn't come up much in the dream car garage...so one more SUV...they are like potato chips, you can always have one more.

Image result for Buick Enclave

Vintage...hmmm....

Image result for 47 Chrysler town and country convertible

47 Town and country convertible, He can't complain about head room with this one...

• Agree 1

@A Horse With No Name Thank you, I do like the new Enclave.

I found my two favorite colors for the exterior are 

Black Cherry

2018BlackCherryEnclave.jpg

Havanna Metallic

2018HavannaMetallicEnclave.jpg

Interior colors of the 4 they offer I pass on the all black and Cashmere and go for:

Brandy

2018BrandyInteriorEnclave.jpg

Or Chestnut

2018ChestnutInteriorEnclave.jpg

Gotta say I like what I am seeing for Buick.

Ohh absolutely on Buick...how they can get it so much more right than Acura is amazing.

Chestnut would be my preferred interior, but I more see you in the Brandy.

30 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ohh absolutely on Buick...how they can get it so much more right than Acura is amazing.

Chestnut would be my preferred interior, but I more see you in the Brandy.

Brandy does go well especially with the Dark Cherry. Very much a Wine Guy and these colors do line up with wine so well. :)

Ya know I also noticed that GM is standardizing on the shifter for both ICE and EV auto's, this will make it easy for people to move between the auto types. Smart.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Brandy does go well especially with the Dark Cherry. Very much a Wine Guy and these colors do line up with wine so well. :)

Ya know I also noticed that GM is standardizing on the shifter for both ICE and EV auto's, this will make it easy for people to move between the auto types. Smart.

I am very impressed with what GM is doing lately.  And yes, If and when I make it out to your side of the country, we will go out for some good wine....I still need to cop a ride in one of your SUV's....not sure which one I want to ride in the most....The Escalade, the SS, or the Suburban.  Actually thinking the Trailblazer might be my choice....

But we can go out and paint the town red...err....Dark Cherry....

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I am very impressed with what GM is doing lately.  And yes, If and when I make it out to your side of the country, we will go out for some good wine....I still need to cop a ride in one of your SUV's....not sure which one I want to ride in the most....The Escalade, the SS, or the Suburban.  Actually thinking the Trailblazer might be my choice....

But we can go out and paint the town red...err....Dark Cherry....

Any time, Just had my Trailblazer SS touched up after some jerk keyed the drivers door. Lucky for me the guy I use is also the guy that touches up all used auto's at the cadillac dealership. They do awesome work and the door is flawless again. He also touched up a few chips on the front so for a 2008 SS with 113K miles, it looks like new. Still love how fast it moves for a Corvette based SUV.

• Agree 1

Just now, dfelt said:

Any time, Just had my Trailblazer SS touched up after some jerk keyed the drivers door. Lucky for me the guy I use is also the guy that touches up all used auto's at the cadillac dealership. They do awesome work and the door is flawless again. He also touched up a few chips on the front so for a 2008 SS with 113K miles, it looks like new. Still love how fast it moves for a Corvette based SUV.

It also just has that "look",,,,I think I like the way it looks even more than the Escalade.  Heresy I know...

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

It also just has that "look",,,,I think I like the way it looks even more than the Escalade.  Heresy I know...

LOL, Both are lovely SUVs, different uses, but the TB SS has the rear just a few inches higher, big meaty tires and the borla exhuast that just rumbles. The whole thing has that right balance of performance with I dare ya look.

38 minutes ago, dfelt said:

LOL, Both are lovely SUVs, different uses, but the TB SS has the rear just a few inches higher, big meaty tires and the borla exhuast that just rumbles. The whole thing has that right balance of performance with I dare ya look.

Yeah, I love that unashamed bad boy aspect of it...kind of like walking into a bar, finding a guy playing good blue grass fiddle...but you knwo if you swing a punch you will wind up on the floor...that talk softly and carry a big stick vibe goes well with that vehicle.

11 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Well, I would certainly love a Mk5 and Jag F Type duo, but I have to say, I AM pretty jealous of Olds' Unimog!!

True....interesting to see what else other people come up with here....

2 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Well, I would certainly love a Mk5 and Jag F Type duo, but I have to say, I AM pretty jealous of Olds' Unimog!!

That is mine! You aint touching it!  Id show it off to my Greek friends who all think they are high and mighty with their C Class M-Bs and dime a dozen BMW 3 Series....

They piss me off and I run them over with MY MERCEDES!  More satisfying than doing it in a Ford  as its a Teutonic Big Foot!

Like this:

PS: Ill do this tomorrow as I have a day off and I will be putzin' around the house doing nothing! More time to think!

The next pair is for @ccap41-

The Terminator is no stranger around here, but the car that arguably prompted it came from Steve Saleen-

New Edge S281 (in Comp Orange, of course)

18550d1200499202-4f1878371sm2yx.jpg

For the new car, something that I haven't see picked because it just came out, and I think would be right down his alley-

Audi RS3 Hatch

audi-rs3-sportback-front-quarter.jpg?ito

• Agree 1

@Stew is next up, and for him I have-

This totally nuts monster, and 1 of only 250 made-

Beetle RSI

Volkswagen-Beetle-RSI.jpg

I would have liked to given him a Wrangler for off-roading, but seeing as in how it is one of the popular 'DG' picks, I settled on something still nice with decent capability-

V6 Cherokee Trailhawk

01-2015-jeep-cherokee-trailhawk.jpg

Just now, Frisky Dingo said:

For @A Horse With No Name, I shall give him this pair-

Since he seems to have such an affinity for this era of Ferrari styling-

Ferrari 328 GTB

3.jpg

And for the new car, something nice and posh-

Lincoln Continental, perhaps in this stunning green

587a98aaeaae0ac9b4962ad205d64cf9x.jpg

Actually the Lincoln would make a darned nice Family cruiser, would gladly accept that with Pride!

Although there is a bit of jealousy in regards to that Era Ferrari...I started dating my wife back in the 80's she was 18 I was 19, it it was 1985...she used to watch Tom Selleck drive that thing because she had a minor crush on him...so....that car might bring back some memories for her!

5 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Lastly, for @ykX

Something kinda old-school, but kinda modern, and all badass-

Porsche 993 RS

60ebbc547d2c173e0f29c18acc382818.jpg

And for something new and totally amazing, combining insane attention to detail with obscene engineering and speed-

Pagani Huayra Roadster

03-pagani-huayra-roadster-geneva-1.jpg

Okay, your list totally trumped mine...and I love the Ferrari in blue....you won't get that away from me any quicker than you will get the Unimog from Olds-Hurst

You know I am not one for exotics, but I really have a soft spot for the Pagani...993 is an insanely good choice as well!

@Frisky Dingo

I LOVE the choices! You know me quite well. And yes, a BMW M6 convert is something I lust over. In the dream car garages, I choose LS 4rth gen Firebirds mostly but that Firehawk is sweeeeeeeet!

So, in its your turn!

Id be giving you a BMW M3 in return.  I could be giving you an air cooled 911 of some sort, but the rules do say to do something different. You always choose a 911 in dream car garages.

A 1995 mainland Europe only E36 M3 GT.  I think an owner of this model separates the connaisseur and poseur and you, Frisky, are definitely the real deal.

BMW-E36-M3-GT-1-750x499.jpg

And for your new car:

I know you loved your 4 Runner. Im giving you one back! You cant have my Unimog, but you'll have a TRD Pro at your disposal.

TRD-pro-tacoma-and-4runner-GIFheader-gap

Edited by oldshurst442

@A Horse With No Name

Its tough to beat Frisky's lists...they are just, incredibly awesome choices and spot on 100% representative of the posters he chose. I dont thing Ill be able to match that...

But...Ill try. This is how I view you.

Incredibly calm, cool and collected. A smooth, class act gentleman.

Jaaaaaaag XJ12 series III

Its under rated as a status car, but If I restomod it for you to bring it into the 21st century,  I think it be very represented of you and quite unique in this world.

Jaguar%20XJ12%20Series%203%20(1).jpg

And something modern to continue that theme but a tad more sportier. Not exactly a Ferrari 308/328 of Magnum PI or Beverly Hills Cop magnitude. But hot and sexy and red and Italian just the same. Abarth 124 by Fiat via Mazda.

124-abarth-front.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442

@balthazar

I know he is a Poncho guy.

Im Canadian.

I give him exclusive Canadian Pontiac. (OK, they really are Chevys underneath with non Pontiac engines but Chevy engines and he is less of a Chevy guy than he is a Pontiac guy, but these Pontiacs are special in the Pontiac world non the less.)

1967 Pontiac Parisienne 2+2 Coupe

14627633927_738af6211f_b.jpg

14833985533_2140f217d7.jpg

The second car is tougher to do.

He is a classic car guy so Ill just continue that way.

Something about him and his posting style makes me believe he would enjoy this 1949 Buick Roadmaster convertible in that very same colour oomplete with the white walls!

1949-roadmaster.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

@Frisky Dingo

I LOVE the choices! You know me quite well. And yes, a BMW M6 convert is something I lust over. In the dream car garages, I choose LS 4rth gen Firebirds mostly but that Firehawk is sweeeeeeeet!

So, in its your turn!

Id be giving you a BMW M3 in return.  I could be giving you an air cooled 911 of some sort, but the rules do say to do something different. You always choose a 911 in dream car garages.

A 1995 mainland Europe only E36 M3 GT.  I think an owner of this model separates the connaisseur and poseur and you, Frisky, are definitely the real deal.

BMW-E36-M3-GT-1-750x499.jpg

And for your new car:

I know you loved your 4 Runner. Im giving you one back! You cant have my Unimog, but you'll have a TRD Pro at your disposal.

TRD-pro-tacoma-and-4runner-GIFheader-gap

Wow, man. That's a great combo!!

I love that you actually picked M3 GT, rather than our watered down US market car. The E36 M3 is timeless, and in full-strength rest-of-the-world form, was a high-water mark for the brand. 

And of course, I do miss my old Trail Edition 4Runner. A TRD would replace it nicely. I wouldn't even do anything to it!

• Agree 1

And now...back to my unfinished business. 

@Cubical-aka-Moltar

You do own or owned a Mustang, a fox body Mustang. Cool car...I guess...its just that particular Mustang is not my cup of tea, but this is about you and NOT about me....

I see you as a cool cat...a cool cat that deserves a cool cat...just not a Jaguar as that belongs to @A Horse With No Name, but a Cougar.

A 1969 Cougar Eliminator 428 CJ...a car classy car with style, muscle and pizzazz.

72cad73d12f2dbebece66281c66b87de.jpg

162861-500-0.jpg?rev=3

And your second car...

I think that you would enjoy a 2018 Lincoln Navigator...so...its yours.

lincoln-navigator_sv2_0021.jpg?itok=6C8B

• Agree 1

@dfelt

For you, always complainin' how tall you are and how cars dont fit you too good....and you lovin' your Trailblazer SS and you lovin' big American Iron...

A 1940s redux and restomodded Dodge Carryall Power Wagon...it may not have the speed of the Trailblazer SS, but it hauls ass in ways the Trailblazer can only dream of....

For me...the ultimate freedom fightin' Hell Yeah American icon is NOT a Hummer...its either the one and only Jeep or Dodge's WW2 Power Wagon! And this soooooo fits you like a glove!

1807a15576a2fe9cd34f2d78d3660e4b.jpg

But you need your new American car that is big to fit you and is fast and is....American...

A Cadillac XT6 is heading your way. The DOHC V8 one...you just have to wait another year for it...hence no pic....or a tiny wee one of the mundane TTV6 variety.

c-1_6.jpg?itok=_IVA2JYV

• Agree 1

This is fun....so Ill continue...

@FordCosworth

See he doesnt appreciate the boyracer look....and I dont know how he feels about Ford's new GT...and he doesnt like a Vette for the 'fake' vents it has because boyracer for 1 brand has a different definition for Ford for him and the Ford GT seems to employ the same type of 'fake' air regulators and go fast stuff, I will NOT take a chance by granting him a new Ford GT...so...Ill be giving him a 4 door Corvette in the form of a VLF Destino. No need to worry Mr. FordCosworth, this car does not have the burnt valved LS7 under the hood...this one has the very reliable LS9 under the hood. Very sleek and sexy car.

Destino-for-Website-5.jpg

vl-automotive-destino-naias-2014-2.jpg

And...for his second car...a military surplus pick-up truck. Built like tanks these Toyotas are!!! He will appreciate the ruggedness...I hope!

Post-16-ISIS-fighters-in-Black-riding-tr

@oldshurst442  way cool w/ the '69 Cougar...I've always liked those, grew up w/ the '67-68 Cougars, which my folks had 2 of and my older brother has one ('68 XR-7 390).     (My older brother got my Dad's '67 289 (been in the barn 30+ years, lots of bondo) and our Mom's '68 302 Cougar in our recent probate adventure, I got my Dad's '69 Mustang that I'm sharing w/ my sister).   I've had my '87 Mustang GT since new.  I'm sure I'd love the Navigator...big comfy cruiser. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

On 4/28/2017 at 11:00 AM, Frisky Dingo said:

@Stew is next up, and for him I have-

This totally nuts monster, and 1 of only 250 made-

Beetle RSI

Volkswagen-Beetle-RSI.jpg

I would have liked to given him a Wrangler for off-roading, but seeing as in how it is one of the popular 'DG' picks, I settled on something still nice with decent capability-

V6 Cherokee Trailhawk

01-2015-jeep-cherokee-trailhawk.jpg

Excellent choices for me! 

• Agree 1

Interesting pics for me:
• Was just looking at a '55 T-bird, black, mint, hiding away in a garage for at least 15 years, I could roll a 1st gen T-bird... but the Sunliner is a 'meh'.
• I DO need a new truck- and I've had good luck with Ford trucks. I'd probably be happy in an F-350.
• The Canadian Pontiac is a no-go for me, a bastardization in my book. I'd happily take a '67 2+2 428 car tho.
• The '49 is nice, tho graft a roof onto it and nix the yellow.