On Tour - 2019 Buick Regal TourX

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

There are a few, but they are make/model/year specific.  Like you can get an Apple Carplay capable unit.

This is a replacement head unit for a 2007 - 2021 Camry

Head_Unit_Camry_2007_2012__3_.jpg

This is a unit that I could put into my Avalanche.

6db78feb14c48b4241671d70f21146c5.jpg

The top one is great and fits in and looks OE. 

The second one, while it looks like a nice piece of hardware, does not look like it belongs there. That's what I don't like. 

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I like crutchfield, but honestly, they don't seem to carry a lot of these model specific units.  Unless you have something SUPER common like a Camry or Accord, they won't have it.

@surreal1272 Here on the west coast we have a chain called Car Toys. Car Audio & Video, GPS Navigation, Car Speakers/Amplifiers - Car Toys

They carry lots of these types of OEM compatible head units. They did my Trailblazer making it look great. Yes, mine was easier than those with big screens now, but still very good assortment of 3rd party audio systems.

@regfootball Here is what they carry for your auto as upgrades. 8 Head units, 2 with video and 26 types of speakers.

Fitguide - Vehicle Selector (cartoys.com)

image.png

@Drew Dowdell Here is what they had for your 2013 LTZ Avalanche.

image.png

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

The second one, while it looks like a nice piece of hardware, does not look like it belongs there. That's what I don't like. 

I would have to agree to disagree with you that the second one looks very modern 21st century and a nice upgrade over the OEM unit that was in that same space and looked dated.

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

Too bad really.  I could easily replace my stock GM radio in my Buick Lucerne.  Sometimes, I wonder if we are better off buying a base model which has far less stuff for the infotainment.  Or is that now too hard on newer cars?

Car Toys has lots of options for your Lucerne. Since I did not know the year, I just plugged in the last year it was made.

image.png

54 minutes ago, David said:

I would have to agree to disagree with you that the second one looks very modern 21st century and a nice upgrade over the OEM unit that was in that same space and looked dated.

Yeah, surrounded by crap plastic and fake wood, very 2003. 

the vehicle looks 15-20 years old while the screen looks like its from 2021. I do not like that mashup, personally. 

• Thanks 1

what I think still lacks in the screens on the cars yet, is a nice high resolution screen.  Our 21 Pacifica has the new higher res 10 inch screen and its one of the best but it still doesn't match the resolution of this Retina 27" iMac I am typing on right now.  The TourX has a shitty 8" screen that looked high res two years ago but now looks extremely grainy in comparison to the Pacifica.

Aftermarket sellers will have an opportunity in a few years to offer screen replacements at higher res so if you buy a 2018, 2019, 2016 hopefully if you are still driving it 10 years later you can swap out the screen and get a nice crisp screen to make it seem newer.

11 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I agree on the terms that it's just too big for the space. 1 inch shorter on the screen and it would be fine. That said, I've been interested in this unit for a while, but they still have a lot of software bugs and it takes over the hardware HVAC controls.  I wouldn't mind the HVAC takeover so much at long as the system isn't buggy.  But maybe they'll have some software upgrades for them eventually.  I *really* want a nicely integrated apple carplay unit.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, surrounded by crap plastic and fake wood, very 2003. 

the vehicle looks 15-20 years old while the screen looks like its from 2021. I do not like that mashup, personally. 

The unfortunate reality is that's what the plood in my Avalanche looks like... they matched the existing stuff pretty well.  So it's what I'm stuck with. 

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, regfootball said:

purchased.  very glad, dealers have very few vehicles to sell nowadays!

What they do have to sell are selling at MSRP or above it now and used it not far off from new prices. Crazy right now on auto's.

• 2 weeks later...

whats crazy.  spouse works in the building across the road in this picture (with the half round entry feature).  sort of crazy to be fortunate enough that we work less then a mile apart......except of course during this covid she is working from home fully.   how often does your S.O.'s work office end up less than a mile from yours.... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

^ Reminds me of when I lived in Denver in the 00s, I worked at a company that moved its office to a suburban office park, and I could see my condo building from my office.  Walked to/from work occasionally, but given that I had to cross a 6 lane street and walk on streets w/o sidewalks, it was more practical to drive the 1/2 mile...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, David said:

I love my commute, all 32 steps from the kitchen with breakfast to my office. :P 

Such a harsh commute now. ;) 

After 4+ years working from home full time, I don’t know if I could go back to a commute to an office.  I’ve only gone into the office at my current job twice.  The drive—about 35 miles each way—was tiring, though I took the scenic way home through the National park and enjoyed that.  

• Agree 3

On 9/20/2021 at 8:03 PM, 2QuickZ's said:

You definitely should!  It looks lonely on your carversary in that otherwise empty lot.

Just as I was about to post how lonely the Buick looks, I scroll down just one post, and its already been noticed by you.

I guess you really are 2 quick.  

But...the REAL question is:  are you 2 legit...2 quit? 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

On 9/23/2021 at 9:13 PM, Robert Hall said:

After 4+ years working from home full time, I don’t know if I could go back to a commute to an office.  I’ve only gone into the office at my current job twice.  The drive—about 35 miles each way—was tiring, though I took the scenic way home through the National park and enjoyed that.  

I dont think I could EVER work from home.

Too many distractions that would keep me from doing my job.

1. TV

2. Internet

3. Refrigerator and stove and if Im lazy to cook, many many snacks.

4. My house is what I consider a place for me to relax and get away...from work.  I could NEVER bring myself to marry my house with my job.

Nope!  Couldnt do it! 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Yeah, it's not for everyone.  Since my work product is in the cloud, and I'm fairly misanthropic, it works well for me.   I'm able to focus albeit with taking periodic breaks. 

• Agree 2

LOL    Yeah, I get the misanthropic part.   Im a social butterfly, but sometimes I hate people too.  Im a conflicted person that way.  More often than not, I like to be around people and socialize.  Strangely enough, I get energized with stupid people. I want to get away from them as far as possible, but I use that interaction to fuel my conversations with people I like to be around with.    The restaurant business is perfect for my personality. 

Im always snacking at the restaurant. Food all around me all. the. time.  

Although when I do grab a french fry here and there, or a piece of bacon, or a slice of pepperoni or cheese or a hot dog, I do it discreetly, away from my staff and clients. (open kitchen)   I go in the back to stuff my face and wash my hands immediately after.     I noticed on my days off at home, I crave snacks.  I cant concentrate. Its like I have ADHD or something.  I need to put something in my mouth to taste it. Im addicted...       Though at home, I have started to snack on fruits this past year.  THAT has spilled over at work. Im snacking on less and less hotdogs and bacon and stuff.  I have my wife has forced me to bring fruits to work to snack on those. And so I do.  Grapes.  Cantaloupe. Oranges, tangerines, clementines.      Ive noticed that my belly has gotten less bloated by doing that  and it seems like I have lost at least 5-7 lbs in the process as well.  I no longer seem to have a gut.   I guess its healthier to snack on fruits.  Who knew?    

• Agree 2

On 9/24/2021 at 11:13 PM, oldshurst442 said:

1. TV

2. Internet

3. Refrigerator and stove and if Im lazy to cook, many many snacks.

4. My house is what I consider a place for me to relax and get away...from work.  I could NEVER bring myself to marry my house with my job.

Nope!  Couldnt do it! 

I love working at home, easy commute, have my office so when I go in, all business. Leave it and my time.

I do admit, the wife went crazy at first when my company in Feb 2020 went 100% work from home, but now that the whole company is 90% work from home, the other 10% are those that have to be on site and for the most part works best as it makes it much easier to get my work done, take time off when I need to for appointments, errands, etc.

I honestly could not ever see myself going back to an office. I do miss the social interaction, but I do get plenty of that online via Zoom meetings, Slack Huddles and rarely unless I am forced to use terrible Microsoft Teams.

I will say this, I have a coworker who always wanted a trailer to go camping who finally bought one, set it up to be his remote office away from the house, but uses the house WiFi in 256 bit encryption mode and loves it. No wife, kids, animals to distract and he says it truly feels like going to the office since he has to physically leave his house and walk the 15 steps to the side slab where his new trailer is parked.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Got the snow tires and wheel set (with the LaCrosse donor wheels) put back on for winter.  Oil change time, went to the Buick dealer.  And they washed it too!  So had to take pics while it was clean.  Great time of day with the phone camera as well.

Car still hasn't cracked 20,000 miles yet.

Car's worth a crazy amount on the market right now!  Similar / same vehicle used is priced at what i paid new (or a bit higher).

But to replace it would cost so much more now...... Dealer had no new vehicles on the showroom.....I wanted to test drive a 22 Envision but none to be had right now.  And its built in China..... 😛 my rig I can tell people its a 'German car'..... and show them the proof on the sticker.....

I would love a new version of this vehicle with something like the CT6 platform (about an additional 6" of wheelbase) and similar interior room to the CT6  in the front and rear.. a RWD design chassis layout and the turbo six option and the v6 standard.  I'd like more comfy seats and the roof to be about 2-4 inches higher and about 6-10" additional overall length.  A good boost in cargo space would be great.  Ditch the wheel cladding and give it true wagon style but with similar sporty lines like this has now.  More of a 'full size' wagon but with the same driver oriented interior.  And keep the carlike ride and handling.  And not turn it into an SUV.

F2CE7491-374C-42AA-A2CE-264819C8138D.jpeg

3E326ECA-E5C5-4C19-86D3-735A748D578F.jpeg

D138E18E-E1ED-465C-9777-B9639C5951AC.jpeg

CE53641B-7019-4A04-AD44-23C7BB0BFAFF.jpeg

7935DD57-3AED-4B0D-8578-09EA6A8AE576.jpeg

93134ADA-0422-43F0-9B31-7C6F9E8B7063.jpeg

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 4

• 5 months later...

Finally swapped the winters back to the spring / summers today.  5 1/2 months on the winters.  2,763 miles put on in 5 1/2 months.  I'm driving more now again but also with my wife full time remote I trade off between the two vehicles.  Sort of makes me wonder if we need to have two vehicles anymore.  But when I am gone she would still need something to drive.  I'll probably put about 5,000 miles on in the next 6 months I estimate.

Sure beats driving 25,000 miles a year like I did 7-9 years ago.

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 1

And so...the wussification of our society continues...

(Just joking)

(Just let me be on my dumb ass rant for levity purposes) 

So...

You want to sit higher so you could  see better?

May I suggest this instead?

Leander High Chair | Baby Little Planet

Because you feel safer being in a taller vehicle?  Wah Wah Wah

Here, let me cuddle you...

30 Little Ways to Bond With Baby | Parents

We could play peek a boo if it wont be toooo scary for you...

Pin on Baby Fashion

Now, unless you are talking about a REAL man's SUV, then Im all for it.

Suv ay GIF - Find on GIFER

it's not supposed to do that, right? | MLTSHP

But if you are thinking about one of those soccer mom deals...

Mini Van Highway GIFs | Tenor

I gonna petition to revoke your man card...

Man Card Revoked GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Man Card GIFs | Tenor

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, ccap41 said:

My reason for wanting to sit higher has nothing to do with safety or visibility, it's the ingress and egress of getting in and out of something where the seat height is almost identical to "my seat height" (lol). 

In other words, let you slide your ass in and out of the auto without having to do a deep squat press every time you want to get out or in. :P 

I dunno why I wanna cling to sedans and lower to the ground vehicles that I do.  

The ease of getting in and out of in a taller vehicle is definitely not lost on me.  I get it. Fully comprehend and acknowledge. 

Lower to the ground vehicles do cling to the road better. Its a fact!!!  But its not as if I drive Michael Schumacher speeds on Montreal's curvy roads. Traffic, snow, pot holes, pedestrians, cops all prevent me from driving like Michael Schumacher...  

Roll overs are a thing to my psyche. Sure...  Its a fact, that many mundane accidents in SUVs do result in a roll over as compared to a sedan.  But that is not a reason why I am soooooo not into SUVs.  

I am liking fullsized pick-up trucks more and more.  And ironically, I prefer those as higher to the ground as possible...  

I guess Ill eventually get over it... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I dunno why I wanna cling to sedans and lower to the ground vehicles that I do.  

The ease of getting in and out of in a taller vehicle is definitely not lost on me.  I get it. Fully comprehend and acknowledge. 

Lower to the ground vehicles do cling to the road better. Its a fact!!!  But its not as if I drive Michael Schumacher speeds on Montreal's curvy roads. Traffic, snow, pot holes, pedestrians, cops all prevent me from driving like Michael Schumacher...  

Roll overs are a thing to my psyche. Sure...  Its a fact, that many mundane accidents in SUVs do result in a roll over as compared to a sedan.  But that is not a reason why I am soooooo not into SUVs.  

I am liking fullsized pick-up trucks more and more.  And ironically, I prefer those as higher to the ground as possible...  

I guess Ill eventually get over it... 

If you ever get a chance to drive a Trailblazer SS, you will totally be sold, that hug the ground and go fast. Love it, course my Suburban has a custom suspension and hugs the road and goes fast too. :P 

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:01 PM, ccap41 said:

My reason for wanting to sit higher has nothing to do with safety or visibility, it's the ingress and egress of getting in and out of something where the seat height is almost identical to "my seat height" (lol). 

i kind of get the best of both worlds now.  I can drive my TourX and sit Low.  And then I can also drive the Pacfica and its so easy to slide in and out and the seat is wayyyyyyy more comfy.  Ingress and Egress is perfect height.

Actually, with the 20's on the Pacifica, it has pretty good steering feel for a utility type vehicle.  

Actually I've been so detached from the real market and so many offerings are blending together.....what actually are the decent CUV's that drive well, have power, (and aren't lux category pricing).  I mean, the list is gotta be pretty small.

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 1

@oldshurst442 Bring up an interesting point, ground clearance which is the whole point of center of gravity.

image.png

🤔

image.png

Guess center of Gravity does not make a difference here.

image.png

At this point, I would say that both auto's are darn near impossible for most drivers to tell the difference in regards to center of gravity. 

Experience of the driver and how they respond to motion, pitch, yaw, etc. would make the difference in how they respond.

Before you say the Trailblazer SS is taller so it would not do as well as the SS Sedan, the specifications are as follows:

image.png

Full list in case you doubt me.

image.png

2008 Trailblazer SS

image.png

Full list in case you doubt me.

image.png

Trailblazer SS is 14.6 inches taller than the SS Sedan. For most driving that people do, that difference will not be noticeable in daily driving or spirited driving of the average person. 

Yes it would be noticeable in a serious race.

Overall, I would take the ease of getting in and out along with the interior room space of the SUV over the Car. But I respect that we each have our own preferences. Market is saying they prefer the room of SUV/CUVs over cars as we both know.

14 inches makes a world of a difference whether you want to admit it or not. LOL.  Actually, .6 inches makes a huge difference let alone 14, so Ill have to say 14.6 inches...

And so even on the ground clearance, the Trailblazer SS is at a huuuuge disadvantage at being 7.8 inches off the ground being .6 inches farther away from the ground that the sedan SS.

That is why the Zeta Camaro is lower to the ground and slightly lower over all than the original. 

Evolution of the Chevrolet Camaro | Fun Stuff | AutoTrader.ca

and the Alpha Camaro is lower still in both ground clearance and in profile than the Zeta Camaro. 

HD wallpaper: Chevrolet, Camaro, georgia, old, new, Orang, Silver, tbilisi  | Wallpaper Flare

And yeah, even in day to day daily driving... 

• Haha 1

@oldshurst442 I get the point your making, but I still also think that for most drivers, they will not see the difference between those two SS in daily driving. 

The video is right on, the higher the center of gravity, the more likely you will roll over when you make emergency hard turns. Really comes down to the suspension design of the auto and GM nailed it for the Trailblazer SS. I think they also nailed it for the SS sedan and you are right in performance handling, the SS Sedan would beat the SS Trailblazer.  Yet, most people will never drive it like a race car and the way the SS Trailblazer handles, I see no reason to doing deep squats to get into and out of a car compared to the SUV. 

I wish you all the enjoyment of driving the last of the cars out there as they die off and I will enjoy my suv my friend.

Dont laugh...

Weight is also an issue. A Trailblazer SS weighs 4500 lbs without any modern stability controls to prevent understeer and oversteer cycles and ultimately a roll over as opposed to the Chevy SS and its magnetic shocks and stability control software that only weighs 4000 lbs.  500 lbs is massive. Couple that with height and higher ground clearance.  The pendulum effect on your Trailblazer SS should be incredible.  Its a good thing that it IS an SS and not the ordinary Trailblazer. At least the SS is hunkered down with stiffer roll bars up front and possibly in the back too benefiting it for evasive maneuvers.     

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, David said:

@oldshurst442 I get the point your making, but I still also think that for most drivers, they will not see the difference between those two SS in daily driving. 

The video is right on, the higher the center of gravity, the more likely you will roll over when you make emergency hard turns. Really comes down to the suspension design of the auto and GM nailed it for the Trailblazer SS. I think they also nailed it for the SS sedan and you are right in performance handling, the SS Sedan would beat the SS Trailblazer.  Yet, most people will never drive it like a race car and the way the SS Trailblazer handles, I see no reason to doing deep squats to get into and out of a car compared to the SUV. 

I wish you all the enjoyment of driving the last of the cars out there as they die off and I will enjoy my suv my friend.

you didnt see the video, didnt you.  These are speeds that some cars orr SUVs  fail at 40 MPH.  

enjoy your SUV, that is fine, just dont try to sell me the idea that a heavier, taller, higher center of gravity vehicle, especially one that does NOT benefit from ANY stability control devices such as your now ancient Trailblazer, is somehow not a roll over candidate. Especially compared to a vehicle that is a sports sedan WITH modern stability control wizardry...  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

And so even on the ground clearance, the Trailblazer SS is at a huuuuge disadvantage at being 7.8 inches off the ground being .6 inches farther away from the ground that the sedan SS.

Exactly, 14+ inches taller and a half inch higher off the ground, that's A LOT higher center of gravity than a Chevy SS sedan. 

There's a zero percent chance that if these are driven back to back there will be no noticeable difference. 

• Agree 1

"Around the C/D handling loop, the SS proved flat, stable, able. All the stock TrailBlazer's squirming body motions have been erased, ditto the squirmy steering. And when we asked for straight ahead-another talent the standard TrailBlazer lacks-we got it. The downside is just what you'd expect. A very firm ride. The suspension doesn't transmit small displacement jitters, but if the front wheels catch a frost heave at the same moment, prepare to be snapped to attention. The condition of your local roads may well determine whether you can live with an SS."

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a18202350/chevrolet-trailblazer-ss-mini-test-road-test/

• Agree 1

Seems like the Traiblazer SS could handle evasive maneuvers just fine.

But the (tried and true, simple) tech involved:

There are stiffer springs, shocks, and bars, not to mention firmer bushings all around and a 9.5-inch rear axle with limited slip, plus thicker front rotors and Corvette pads. Around the C/D handling loop, the SS proved flat, stable, able. All the stock TrailBlazer's squirming body motions have been erased, ditto the squirmy steering.

makes the Trailblazer SS for a very rough ride as a daily driver:

The suspension doesn't transmit small displacement jitters, but if the front wheels catch a frost heave at the same moment, prepare to be snapped to attention. The condition of your local roads may well determine whether you can live with an SS.

Im sure @David will tell us that he has no problems with his Trailblazer SS.  And I will believe him.  The thing is, I wouldnt be able to live with the Trailblazer SS as a daily...

Why?

Well, I doubt Seattle, where David lives, has the pothole, crappy street problem that Montreal has...

Its OK if he thinks in his own mind, that I would enjoy such a stiff suspension ride, he dont live in Montreal.  I do though...

As far as the Chevrolet SS goes vis-a-vis the Trailblazer SS.  David prefers his Trailblazer SS over the 4 door sedan equivalent.  And for me its vice versa. 

Still though, a ride height higher, ground clearance that is higher and weighs 500 pounds more...the sportier ride GOES to the Chevy SS.   To boot, the Chevy SS has magnetic shocks that could make the sedan drive like its on air as compared to the jolting ride the Trailblazer SS ONLY offers... 

If I lived in an area with much much less snow, and I wouldnt have to sell a lung each time I had to  fill up the big  V8  up front, the Chevy SS would get my money EACH and EVERY

18 hours ago, David said:

I will enjoy my suv my friend.

Yes, David.   Enjoy your SUV.  

18 hours ago, David said:

driving the last of the cars out

But that statement is sooooo phoquing wrong...

Model S Plaid Faces Taycan Turbo S, Lucid Air In 3,000-HP Drag Race

First drive review: 2022 Audi E-Tron GT and RS E-Tron GT opt for touring  comfort over Taycan sharpness

Now...in the North American market,  pure sedans like these are gonna be expensive, but CUVs are slowly going in the reverse direction, in that EV CUVs are slowly becoming more sedan like again in the EV world...

Preview: 2022 Kia EV6 is Korean brand's first dedicated EV for $42,115, up  to 310 miles of range

And Im sure Acura, or another auto enthusiast maker will introduce pure sedans and coupes for the sane people out there that dont wah wah wah about getting in and out of cars.  

(sorry @ccap41,  I need to needle him somehow...) 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

It is interesting how the C&D does not talk about the electronically adjusted suspension that the 2006 to 2009 SS Trailblazer has. I do not nor does my wife who drives it far more than I do feel a harsh ride. With the growth of the Seattle area, pot holes are becoming more common, but for most parts, unlike Detroit and Montreal I agree, our roads are far better and we have no problem living with the comfort of our SS as a daily driver. 

🤔 Wonder if it could be cause we have more muscle mass. ;) 

@oldshurst442 Needle all you want, does not hurt me. :P 

I agree that the sub-compact and compact EV CUVs seem to be more of a sedan style now.

Will be interesting to see what and if Acura builds sedans in the future as their first EV is an SUV and the local Acura dealer has no sedans on the lots, just RDX/MDX and a ton of used Jeeps, Ram and Ford Pickups.

Will also be interesting to see what Honda does as their first EV will also be a SUV.

@ccap41 Thanks for the link to the story, interesting to read, but sad that they did not really cover the suspension better.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, David said:

Acura dealer has no sedans on the lots, just RDX/MDX

Yet Acura still produces this sedan without slowing down.

And Acura continues to fine tune it for enthusiasts.

2022 Acura TLX: Choosing the Right Trim - Autotrader

And funny enough, Acura re-introduced a fan favorite.  I am not saying if it is any good or a worthy successor to its legendary ancestor. Just that Acura is more in tune to give an enthusiast a car an enthusiast craves as compared to Chevrolet.  Chevrolet is more in tune to produce what the general market is leaning towards. Acura is (and even Honda) is geared more to the enthusiast regardless what you WANT to see at a Honda/Acura dealership...

Thee ILX is just replaced by the Integra. 

And let us not forget that Acura also sells this:

2022 Acura NSX Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds

And Honda has concepted  these 2 little EV guys 2 years ago.  Both NOT CUVs but actual cars. Coupes even... 

GM to produce Honda and Acura electric vehicles in Mexico and Tennessee in  2023-24 - Electrek

Yet Chevrolet is STRONGLY hinting that the Camaro will BECOME an EV CUV.

I woudnt have the idea that Acura builds mundane pods if I were you...  They maybe ugly, but they ARE geared for the enthusiast.  To boot, they produce enthusiast vehicles that some of us actually could call them cars and NOT utility vehicles...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, David said:

Isnt that the Avista of half a decade ago?

Yeah, sure. I LOVE it even.  But it was just a styling exercise.  On CUVs.  The sedan that had that Avista face was bought out by a French conglomerate when GM got rid of Buick's German mother, Opel. 

Buick Avenir Concept Won't be Built, Avista Has Slim Chance to See  Production

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ccap41 said:

What else was there to cover? It drove extremely stiff and harsh. 

Which I would disagree with, the auto leveling system of airbags does an outstanding job as it is the same system used on the Escalade and I totally disagree with the stiff and harsh. I would have to make the assumption that the writer is a pills berry dough boy that cannot handle anything that is not a lazy boy recliner.

Want stiff and Harsh, drive the Camaro or Corvette, many others that are stiff and harsh even Chevrolets full size trucks one could say are stiff and harsh, but the Trailblazer SS is far better dialed in for spirited driving while still giving a comfortable ride IMHO.