Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Tesla 'Cybertruck'

balthazar

oh. my. God. Shades of the 1958 Aurora, it's even in the same color scheme:
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 12.17.46 AM.png

This has to be a joke, someone please tell me this is a joke.
It looks like it was built with cardboard and a few cans of spray paint.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 12.11.26 AM.png

Not to mention; Rivian must be feeling par-TIC-ularly pleased with their work after viewing this.

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

The only word I can muster is HA, repeated ad nauseam.  Biggest JOKE yet on poor misguided EV fans.  You are being punked in the grandest way by this guy.  SO AMUSING.  Cannot wait to see the struggle and twist to try to justify this amateur P.O.S.

Oh, the JOY!  :roflmao:

28 minutes ago, ykX said:

It is not pretty by any means. Probably even ugly.

But I love how different it is.  I am a sci-fi fan so I kind of dig it.  Will see if it actually gets to a production and when.

It looks like it could have been in an '80s sci-fi film...or Knight Rider. 

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I see we crossed paths in the FB coachbuilding thread, Robert. 👋

I’m going to be 100% serious here; I give Tesla 0% chance that this will go into production looking largely like this. It’s the worst design of the last 50 years at least.

Ah, hah..I thought that was you..;)    I can't imagine the production version will look like this...this is very much a concept car look..

It is funny it reminds me of stuff I drew as a kid, Musk and I have the same birthday (1 year apart)...probably saw the same sci fi movies and car concepts as kids. 

I wasnt interested watching the reveal.

I wasnt interested in clicking on this thread, but curiosity took the better of me.

Seeing Balthy's first post and second pic I thought it was a joke.

I googled and now I see the joke is on me.

I am more sorry than ever in clicking on this thread. 

But now, I am interested to learn why in the hell did Tesla designers decide to draw a car on Minecraft and 3D print it.

I am interested to know the theory behind this design.  

But boy, this will not sell in the market place looking like that...

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Somewhere, the Aztek and the VW Thing are doing shots together, clapping each other on the back and yelling “FINALLY!”

In defense of the VW Thing...

Its a VW bug underneath and its the German WW2 "Jeep" equivalent. 

Image result for V kubelwagen"

Maybe Elon is preparing to go to war? 

It looks like a Tiger I  in that the angles on it are sloped to deflect artillery shells.

Edited by oldshurst442

24 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I think EVERY serious rendered guess at what a tesla truck would look like looks better/more marketable than this.

The Workhorse truck is suddenly the Pretty Girl at the prom.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.38.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.41.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.41.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.41.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.42.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.43.26 AM.png

Exactly. The current one looks like an April Fools Joke release. It is an affront to the eyes. Like I said in the Random Thoughts thread (before I saw this thread even existed apparently lol), Elon needs to seriously back off the devils lettuce. He somehow managed to make the Aztek seem like the hot girl in the room.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Exactly. The current one looks like an April Fools Joke release. It is an affront to the eyes. Like I said in the Random Thoughts thread (before I saw this thread even existed apparently lol), Elon needs to seriously back off the devils lettuce. He somehow managed to make the Aztek seem like the hot girl in the room.

Haha I think I pinpointed when he had his eureka moment for the design of this

nY1SVr7.gif

Edited by frogger
  • Haha 3

Zero to 60 mph as low as 2.9 seconds,  up to14,000-pound towing, a stainless steel body, and a base price of $40,000.   We will see if they can deliver on these claims.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

I see we crossed paths in the FB coachbuilding thread, Robert. 👋

I’m going to be 100% serious here; I give Tesla 0% chance that this will go into production looking largely like this. It’s the worst design of the last 50 years at least.

This shows you how much Musk fears RIvian Truck and SUV. Only a die hard Tesla blowing Musk fan would buy this POS.

If anyone is interested in watching, I wish I could get my time back from IDIOT Musk.

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I wasnt interested watching the reveal.

I wasnt interested in clicking on this thread, but curiosity took the better of me.

Seeing Balthy's first post and second pic I thought it was a joke.

I googled and now I see the joke is on me.

I am more sorry than ever in clicking on this thread. 

But now, I am interested to learn why in the hell did Tesla designers decide to draw a car on Minecraft and 3D print it.

I am interested to know the theory behind this design.  

But boy, this will not sell in the market place looking like that...

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR of Rivian, Ford and GM. Their ability to actually deliver rather than a blow up concept with vaporware specifications compared to the Proof proven Ford F150 EV or Rivians truck shows they are trying to keep their customers from leaving them as this will not go to production nor will it be available for sale in 1 to 2 years. They might have a truck in 2.5 to 3 years time.

This is an UGLY Puke inducing insult.

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Elon Musk coming up with the idea for a pick up.

UpInSmoke_103.jpeg

Cheech and Chong Movies Rocked! :P 

• Agree 1

• I don’t see SS remotely being a draw.

• 14K towing is in the same ballpark, but serious tow folk have 2 & 3 tier heavier trucks from the big 4; Ram 3500 can tow 35,000K.

• 14K lb towing will be $70K, not $40K.

• 0-60 is irrelevant in F/S trucks.

Meanwhile: the bed is horribly inaccessible - the sides are unprecedentedly high.

• Agree 1

Gotta laugh watching the testing here and realize that someone put the wrong glass in after they released video of the testing in the lab.

Was supposed to do this.

Tesla fails 1, Rivian wins 1. LOL

16 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

So much better ways to spend time than that. LOL :P 

Hilarious piece bowing down at the Tesla altar:
https://www.businessinsider.com/cybertruck-is-a-breakthrough-for-tesla-designer-franz-von-holzhausen-2019-11

• Buyers, even Tesla buyers, don't give a crap about Franz's 'artistic growth'. A functional vehicle has to be functional, and buyers want features and amenities, not a barren, cold, industrial object.

• Holding up the Mini and the DB9 as examples of 'captivating design' is a stretch. E-Type is good everywhere above the wheel hubs, which is most of the car, but they never adequately finished it off below that. There are a hundred other more captivating designs from which to have chosen, which brings the writer's design sensibilities into question. As if praising the Tesla truck wasn't enough evidence of that.

• If the Company is in a 'design rut', why not a 2nd generation of the 9-year old Model S? What stopped them from doing anything different in all the years of unveiling 4 different models? Why is the 3 nearly a carbon copy of the S, years later? What Tesla Roadster?

In fact, is the truck merely hard evidence that Franz is a one-trick pony incapable of better, fresh and/or truly futuristic design?

• Where did the Ridgeline remotely approach 'reinventing' the pick-up? It flopped because it was a substandard pickup, not because consumers didn't think it's designer hadn't grown enough as an artist.

- - - - -
Tesla truck best approximates a garbage truck; slab-sided, crude and seemingly without any artistic input.

But at least a garbage truck has demonstrated functionality; you can put things in & get things out of it's cargo area.

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Seems Musk must be padding the pre-orders for the Cyber Truck as he is now saying that if it is a flop he will build a normal type EV Truck. Musk also implies that a smaller mid or small size EV Truck would be built also at the Texas plant.

Musk also states that the Cyber Truck was built with NO INPUT from actual Truck buyers. He states they simply set out to build a futuristic looking truck that was different. He still states that the Cybertruck will outperform any traditional pickup.

In the Interview, Musk says they still have over 200,000 reservations for the Cybertruck. There is an implied understanding that some have asked for their $100 deposit back, but Musk says having over 200,000 reservations is still significant for a niche vehicle that will outperform anything else built by anyone else.

Musk does say that having spent time driving the Cyber truck around California, he is mulling over a complete redesign of the cybertruck while considering how a smaller sized truck would also need to look.

This tells me the truck hit a initial homerun with the Hardcore Tesla faithful that believe he can do no wrong. Yet with the bigger population, the truck is a failure. This is becoming especially clear as you see what Rivian is building in the R1T and what GM has shown so far in the Hummer by GMC. Both have traits that Tesla has not even thought of. Interesting is that Musk said that there could also be an initial run of the Cybertruck Concept for North America only before releasing a Global Tesla Truck.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1128270_musk-tesla-cybertruck-won-t-be-downsized-but-smaller-follow-up-truck-a-possibility

https://www.autonews.com/executives/musk-suggests-tesla-would-build-normal-truck-if-cybertruck-flops

Since this is a subscription required, you can get a take on this, here: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1129124_musk-larger-cybertruck-will-be-north-american-ass-kicker-smaller-cybertruck-highly-likely