Sign in to follow this  
deftonesfan867

Do you like where you live...

OK, so yeah i'm bored :P , but anyway do you like where you currently live? If not, where would you perfer to move too?

Me personally I love living in Fort Worth, however with the way its expanding rapidily I think a place out in the country, but close to the city would be nice for the future.

I like our little community (West Laurel), but once you go outside of it, the DC-Baltimore area gets unappealing really fast.

Charleston SC is my favorite city south of the Mason-Dixon line. Beautiful city, nice people, not a lot of traffic, lots of stuff to do and places to see. What more could you ask for? The Harrisburg PA area is nice too, so is MD's Eastern Shore.

I love where I live. It is nice and not to big even though it is expanding. We are about half an hour north of the GTA and we are about an hour south of most cottage country. Here is the website Orangeville, Ontario. We also have a lot of people moving here from New York, Michigan, and even some from Texas.

Like all places the Communist State of Taxachusetts

has it's pros and cons. I hate the red tape and

bureaucracy but I like the fall and history of many of

the towns, Salem with it's Witch Trials, Plymouth with

its Pilgrims and Boston with it's architecture & old

relics like the "H.M.S. Beaver". Then there's the roots

of our Counrty's existence like the Revolutionary War

battlefields in Lexington & 350+ year old cemeteries

in towns like Concord. There's a cemetery in that

town that reads like an index in a history textbook &

literary who's-who.

The weather here also SUX. 70% of the time we have

either rain, unbearable heat, snow, sleet or some

apocalyptic combo. of a few of those in one day.

Heh... I like Brookville, except for the fact that it is away from everything. There is nothing in town. You must travel to other towns for anything beyond basic groceries. Job and school opportunities are extremely limited in the general area as well. Also, the people who live here suck. Too conservative for me to enjoy anything. I hate the cold, too. So... I doubt I'll stay here. As ironic as this may seem, I'll probably end up in California. But I still love PA, so somewhere less rural here is a possibility.

Vancouver's awesome. It's the only place I know of that I can go skiing in Whistler or hit the beach on the same day.

Sad thing is, it's mighty expensive to live here. The average house can start at about $1 Million Canadian, and will often go higher.

That being said, I expect to stay here my whole life, just because it's such a great place.

The_Yellow_Dart, it is half an hour to Brampton which is in the GTA. Not too many people from Toronto even know where Orangeville is. Plus I dont drive. My dad takes about half an hour in his Expy and my mom takes about 20 minutes in her Tahoe, LOL.

Bellevue, WA... Yes, I like where I live.

I could see moving to Vancouver or Portland though.

Even though I love Dallas, I haven't convinced myself to consider moving back anytime soon. Visiting every year is sufficient.

I dread when I gotta go to Dallas. Not that it's really far, but the people there are usually very bad drivers and rude. Only time I go is when concerts don't come to Fort Worth as well or too see a game.

I'm not really a big fan of Long Island. I could see how it used to be one of the most desirable places to live, but it's not anymore. The main reason: they should have stopped people from moving there back in the 80s. Now, there's too much traffic and the land is too overdeveloped with no room for new roads or a better mass-transit infrastructure. Prices are ridiculously high for housing, and the cable and electric companies have every LIer by the balls and charge accordingly. To make a long story short, I'm 27 years old, make a pretty decent salary as a computer progrmmer, yet getting a house is still not doable financially. It's getting to the point where I need to leave here, even if I liked it, to be able to be self sufficient.

The Phoenix metro area is my first choice, since my parents have land in Gold Canyon and will go there when they retire. I know it's another real-estate hotbed, but I like the weather and the social climate. I really feel I'm a southwesterner at heart. San Diego is a very close second. I'll probably be checking out San Antonio this summer for my vacation. I've always been intrigued by Texas.

I don't like anything about Michigan's weather at all.. it rains, sleets, snows, or hails 10 months a year. The other two months there are random tornados (albeit not like Oklahoma or anything) and/or extreme heat/humidity. Michigan goes from one extreme to the other.

On the contrary, I'd love to move to NC or SC along the coast.

I like Boston, but the suburb I live in is a bit too overdeveloped for me. In a perfect world, I would move to a town like Weston or Wellesley.

The weather here also SUX. 70% of the time we have

either rain, unbearable heat, snow, sleet or some

apocalyptic combo. of a few of those in one day.

hahah i know how ya feel... northern NJ is just as bad

i like it here... i really do... i dunno why but i seem to be the kind of person who prefers a cold breezy day to a warm sunny one on the beach but the area wher ei live in bergen county is very congested and industrialized... i could see myself living here (altho itd take a while... houses are expensive as hell here) but even farther north than where i am... towns up there are much less congested... spread out and almost in the woods... i love that kind of thing...

if i cant afford anything here... i can see myself winding up in ohio or somewhere near it... since thats where im goin to college... but again in some kind of spread out community with alot of trees

I miss the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Easton is a small town, but still close to urban attractions and ocean beaches. A perfect compromise, imo. I moved back here (born here) to be closer to family. Funny thing is, I feel more distant from them now that we're in each other's grilles. It's gotta be the gay thing, and it's my problem, not theirs.

Lancaster County has some beautiful scenery. Lancaster's not a bad town, I guess, it's got its share of problems like any other town its size. If I stay here, I'd like to live a bit further out in the country (I am not in the city, but a development on the southern end of town) for privacy. For example, right now, my Latino neighbors are having a pool party, playing their Latin music and hollering. It's not like that every night, most nights it's quiet, but when they do party, it is a PITA. My neighbors in the other half of the duplex are like mice... I never hear them.

Edited by ocnblu

I love Pennsylvania. Harrisburg area, York, Camp Hill, anywhere in southern central PA along the I-83 corridor is nice. I went up to Lancaster in 6th grade to see the Amish. What I saw of it was nice, and it's a good thing that my mom and I knew our way around up there, (she was born up there, we go up there to see her brother & kin in Summerdale) because the bus driver was going right through Lancaster on US 30 towards Chambersburg and Gettysburg. I could see myself living there (cheaper than anywhere in MD east of Frederick). Just a nice place.

Eastern Shore's getting nicer everytime we go there. Delaware's great too-no sales tax, traffic is nowhere as bad as Balto-DC, and it's close to Ocean City, too.

Compared to.. LA?! lol

Compared to any other comparable city. Compared to any smaller city...hell compared to any massively larger cities. Indianapolis is the biggest city with nothing to do.

You've got to be imagining things.

Please, then, tell me what there is to do! Indianapolis is chock full of chain restaurants, chain stores, etc...it is just so generic.

I dread when I gotta go to Dallas. Not that it's really far, but the people there are usually very bad drivers and rude. Only time I go is when concerts don't come to Fort Worth as well or too see a game.

Dallas isn't bad... neither is Ft Worth. I've attended events at Will Rogers & Ft Worth Convention centers, Kimbell Art Museum, & Bass Hall. They're all very nice venues.

As for Dallas... American Airlines Center & Nasher Sculpture Center both opened since I've moved so I haven't checked them out yet. I'm looking forward to Dallas completing their Arts District renovations (Dallas Center) which will include a new Opera House and Theatre. The Meyerson will be incorporated into "Dallas Center."

I don't know how much has changed since this article... but there are a couple of artist drawings here in this article:

http://www.dallasperformingarts.org/images...CPA_DCPAF_1.jpg

http://www.dallasperformingarts.org/images...istrict_alt.jpg

My friends and family in Dallas try to keep me up to date as much as possible. Believe it or not, but I still take 'D Magazine' & 'Texas Monthly.' Home grown roots die hard. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook