Item: 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Duramax

How far is Rhode Island from you?

Because from me, Im only 600 KM away. About a 6 hour drive.  (I googled) 

Could I be not that much further from your truck at this point in time than you are?    :) 

Edited by oldshurst442

33 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Dealer called; truck is in Rhode Island. Next update Thursday.

So about 260 miles away. very cool that you will have your truck soon.

Lil' bit less- googlemaps from the port to my town is like 215 miles.
Now just have to see how soon they load it and how direct their route is.

We have a camping tent; with how empty the dealer lot is, I don't see why I couldn't camp out there for a few days and watch for the truck.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Lil' bit less- googlemaps from the port to my town is like 215 miles.
Now just have to see how soon they load it and how direct their route is.

Interesting..as in arriving in the US on a container ship? 

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Went by ship to RI. Going to come to NJ by 'carrier', but dealer didn't clarify if that meant only a truck, or rail then a truck.

Interesting.... by ship.  Coming from Mexico, then?  Wouldn't need a ship from Fort Wayne or Flint. 

• Sad 1

Hmmmm what to play today 👌🤔👌🤔 | Call of Duty

215 miles versus 375. 4 hour drive versus 6...

Yeah...Rhode Island is not quite at both of our mid-point.  I falsely thought that Montreal might have been closer to Rhode Island than that...(or NJ being farther from Rhode Island than what it really is...) 

Edited by oldshurst442

On 4/26/2021 at 6:59 PM, balthazar said:

Went by ship to RI. Going to come to NJ by 'carrier', but dealer didn't clarify if that meant only a truck, or rail then a truck.

The “hurry up and wait” part of this is the hardest part, I’m sure. Can’t wait to see some good pics of your new ride.

3 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

The “hurry up and wait” part of this is the hardest part, I’m sure. Can’t wait to see some good pics of your new ride.

Ya; I’m patient by nature, and frankly; it doesn’t seem real anyway, so it’s fine. Reminder; I signed a blank contract 12/24.

But... am starting to feel a tingle... 😉

• Upvote 2

@balthazar So on your hot looking bad boy, what Packages did you get?

Like the look of the black package, but wow $1,100 bucks. 😐 

X31 Off-road and protection package along with Max Trailering package look good IMHO.

image.png

🤔 Interesting that they have a Dynamic Fuel Management removal option.

image.png

• Like 1

No X-31; didn’t want the rougher ride/ not going offroad ever.
No max trailering- it tows 8800lbs as configured; that’s plenty. Plus, the Duramax kicks out the Max Trailering Pkg.

• DuraMax 3.0TD ($2390)
• Preferred package ($1320)
• spray-in bedliner ($545)
• floor liners ($210)
• integrated trailer brake ($275)
• bucket seats ($545)
• Multi-Pro tailgate (this switched to standard equip during the long process. It was $445, but in going standard the base price rose $200)
• Pacific Blue ($495)
destination is $1695.

MSRP : $56775

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

No X-31; didn’t want the rougher ride/ not going offroad ever.
No max trailering- it tows 8800lbs as configured; that’s plenty. Plus, the Duramax kicks out the Max Trailering Pkg.

• DuraMax 3.0TD ($2390)
• Preferred package ($1320)
• spray-in bedliner ($545)
• floor liners ($210)
• integrated trailer brake ($275)
• bucket seats ($545)
• Multi-Pro tailgate (this switched to standard equip during the long process. It was $445, but in going standard the base price rose $200)
• Pacific Blue ($495)
destination is $1695.

MSRP : $56775

Awesome, thank you for the details, very excited to see pictures of your new ride. 

I do find it interesting that with the Duramax that the Max Trailering package would not be standard with this truck.

Hope it gets here sooner rather than later.

8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

$750/month for 84 months

I'm going to be putting 'some cash' down, brings the calculated 72-mnth payment to around $540. I'm not nuts about that because we've never had a car payment over $250 here. 
When I sell the '04, going to put that money toward the principal on the '21 - don't know if the monthly gets recalculated or the loan just ends sooner. 

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

I'm going to be putting 'some cash' down, brings the calculated 72-mnth payment to around $540. I'm not nuts about that because we've never had a car payment over $250 here. 
When I sell the '04, going to put that money toward the principal on the '21 - don't know if the monthly gets recalculated or the loan just ends sooner. 

I believe loan ends sooner.  That what happened in my case.  To recalculate payment you need to refinance, but then your rate probably will go up because you already refinancing a used vehicle.

Edited by ykX
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Unless you refinance, the loan will just end sooner. Smart move, imo. I'm never a fan of financing an entire depreciating asset like that where you have negative equity immediately and likely for the first 4-5 years(assuming one is paying minimum payments).