2022 Rogue Sport on the roll!

ocnblu

12 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

??? NOWHERE did I say a CVT was better than a crappy one-speed current transfer unit in an EV.  But it is certainly NO WORSE.

“LOL what does an EV have for a "transmission"?  A single-speed load of BS.“

You implied it and saying it’s “no worse” is the same thing as saying it’s better and I’ll say it again, the CVT is MUCH worse than anything residing inside an EV. CVTs are gutless $h! and you are delusional to think otherwise. Example of this? 

2021 Nissan Rogue (and its “no worse” CVT) 0-60: 8.1 seconds

2020 Chevrolet Bolt (and its “single-speed load of BS”): 6.3 seconds

No worse huh? Yeah, again check your meds.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

2021 Nissan Rogue (and its “no worse” CVT) 0-60: 8.1 seconds

2020 Chevrolet Bolt (and its “single-speed load of BS”): 6.3 seconds

Silly comparison, nothing to do with transmission type and everything to do with horsepower, curb weight, aero, etc.  Way to "move the bar", smk, I mean surreal.

• Disagree 1

I think it looks much better than the previous generation.  Personally, CVT is the definite no for me. Probably, it will do good compared to the other crossovers in the segment though.

How the hell Bolt got dragged into the conversation.  It is not even in the same segment.

• Thanks 1

Plenty of Apple to Apple comparisons between the 2020 Nissan Rogue and 2020 Chevrolet Equinox.

2020 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2020 Nissan Rogue | Kelley Blue Book (kbb.com)

2020 Chevrolet Equinox vs. 2020 Nissan Rogue | Cars.com

2020 Chevrolet Equinox vs 2020 Nissan Rogue - The Car Connection

Pitting the 2020 Chevy Equinox vs 2020 Nissan Rogue | Car Life Nation

Compare Chevrolet Equinox vs Nissan Rogue | CarBuzz 2021 models

Chevrolet Equinox vs Nissan Rogue - CarGurus.com - 2021 models

2020 Chevrolet Equinox 0-60 and Quarter Mile Times | CarIndigo.com

• Chevy 1.5L DI versus Nissan 2.4L MPI both 170HP but Chevy has 203 lb-ft of torque versus Nissan 175 lb-ft of torque
  • Chevy has 6sp transmission, can be upgraded to 9sp with Turbo 2L motor versus Nissan CVT only.
  • Chevy is 3465 lbs versus Nissan 3590 lbs
  • 2020 Equinox base configuration is 6.8 seconds compared to 2021 Nissan Rogue of 8.1 seconds.

Due to the Pandemic, Chevrolet delayed the launch of their refresh so now the 2022 Equinox RS is released. One can only hope that Chevy will give some better tuning to make the RS perform better since according to the story below it will have the same two engines as is in the current selling CUV. No matter what, it looks like the Chevy will still beat in performance the Nissan.

Chevrolet Postpones The Launch Of Its Best-Selling Equinox SUV to 2021 Owing to COVID-19 Pandemic (carindigo.com)

image.png

image.png

2021 Nissan Rogue Gets Troubling NHTSA Crash Rating

While the Rogue ekes out a "Four Star" overall safety rating, the individual front crash scores are troubling. The front driver gets a Four Star rating, but the front passenger only earns a Two Star rating. The overall front rating is only a Three Star one, too. 

2021 Nissan Rogue Gets Troubling NHTSA Crash Rating (motortrend.com)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Silly comparison, nothing to do with transmission type and everything to do with horsepower, curb weight, aero, etc.  Way to "move the bar", smk, I mean surreal.

The Bolt is heavier (by 100 lbs over the FWD Rogue) while moving it substantially quicker than the CVT trash you are propping up (with only 19 more HP). It is a completely relevant comparison when you say that the CVT is "no worse" than a single speed EV. "No worse" is proven to be a patented lie. CVTs are absolute trash when compared to literally anything else. It's that simple. 

Rogue pros: Much better looking than the outgoing model, much better interior and feature set.

Rogue cons: Still porky and dorky, the 181 HP 4 pot can't move it worth a damn and especially with a trash CVT, and now we can add suspect crash test ratings to go along with it.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

Unless the Bolt/EUV can be had with AWD OR starts similarly priced, it's kind of a stupid comparison, IMO. 

I'm not sure what the size differences are but:

Rogue Sport: starting MSRP of $26,860

Bolt: starting MSRP of $31,995

Rogue: starting MSRP of $25,750

Bolt EUV: starting MSRP of $33,995

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ccap41 said:

Unless the Bolt/EUV can be had with AWD OR starts similarly priced, it's kind of a stupid comparison, IMO. 

Rogue Sport: starting MSRP of $26,860

Thats why I only compared the FWD Rogue specs to it. I have also pointed out the price difference to David. Blu made the comment of the CVT being "no worse" than the single speed EV types which is why I brought up the Bolt since it is relatively close in size and power (19 more HP). Pay attention next time 😁.

"The Bolt is heavier (by 100 lbs over the FWD Rogue)"

End result is the CVT SUCKS next to the Equinox 6SP which is faster than the Rogue Sport. Faster yet if you upgrade to the more powerful motor.

Bolt beats the Rogue Sport in 0 to 60 while being heavier and an EV taking away the Excuses of @ocnblu has put forth and as I posted above, plenty of far better options than Nissan product!

As @surreal1272 has stated, better update on interior over outgoing model, nice tweak on outside over outgoing model and yet still far better options than this product.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Thats why I only compared the FWD Rogue specs to it. I have also pointed out the price difference to David. Blu made the comment of the CVT being "no worse" than the single speed EV types which is why I brought up the Bolt since it is relatively close in size and power (19 more HP). Pay attention next time 😁.

"The Bolt is heavier (by 100 lbs over the FWD Rogue)"

Yeah, personally, if everything else were equal, I'd take a single drive transmission than a Nissan CVT. 

I also realize you weren't the one to bring up the Bolt as an alternative nor was my comment directed at anybody specifically, just the the comparison was being made and , personally, I don't think it's much of a comparison when the price spread is so large and one doesn't offer AWD, which is a very popular option.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Bolt beats the Rogue Sport in 0 to 60 while being heavier and an EV taking away the Excuses of @ocnblu has put forth and as I posted above, plenty of far better options than Nissan product!

What about that price spread and lack of AWD? 

Equinox/RAV4/Escape/CR-V are all more realistic options. 

17 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Rogue Sport: starting MSRP of $23,860

Sorry, typo. $23,860, not $26,860.

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Simple, no comparison when you go AWD between the two, but the point was the 0 to 60 in FWD and the comments of CVT versus single speed EV and I believe the point was that a heavier bolt was faster and still responded better than the CVT. If they added AWD to the Bolt, then you could go there in comparison even with the price spread.

Personal preference will always trump price for people. Some people very well could like the Bolt at the higher price over the FWD Rogue Sport. Their choice.

Agree with you that the Equinox, RAV4, Escape and CR-V are all better comparisons and options to this auto from Nissan.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Price is price.  

When the price is right...

Image result for price is right gif

The Price is right!

Image result for Carey Price making a save gif

Image result for Carey Price making a save gif

But...

When the price is wrong...

Image result for price is right bob barker running away gif

The price is wrong!

Image result for bob barker running away gif

My post is really about AWD.  When you got FWD and winter tires...there is no need for AWD. Some even say RWD with winters is good enough...  The lack of AWD for the Bolt is really not a hinderance.  Actually, on an econobox type vehicle like the Bolt and Rogue, I much prefer if it WERE NOT AWD.  On a mega torqued car, AWD is appreciated. But THAT too, not really wanted depending on the car.  On a Tesla EV. Yup...Ill take AWD. On a Porsche 911 Turbo, yup, Ill take AWD. On a Challenger Hellcat, nope, Ill stick to RWD.  On a restomodded clone Olds 442 EV (HUMMER EV or Tesla powertrain Frankenstein)  Ill take AWD!

FWD fights back for the lack of respect! 

Image result for bob barker running away gif

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 754 total NA sales

4025 sales in Canada

3 020 in Quebec

Sucks that some of you dont speak French.  Although Im under the impression that some of you learned French in school.  Its time to use that knowledge. Or not.  

Enjoy nonetheless. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Why does unwanted, unrelated content keep getting posted in this thread?  The 2022 Rogue Sport absolutely effing BLOWS AWAY (excuse my French) the 2022 Chevy Bolt in every category that counts.

Looks

Value

Anxiety-free fueling

AWD

Driving range

Price

Cargo capacity

Coolness factor

Comfort (ZERO GRAVITY SEATS, baybee!)

2022-nissan-qashqai-rear-three-quarters-1613658274.jpg

2022-nissan-qashqai-profile-1613658262.jpg

2022-nissan-qashqai-front-seats-1613658209.jpg

2022-nissan-qashqai-cargo-area-1613658232.jpg

2022-nissan-qashqai-front-interior-1613658239.jpg

2022-nissan-qashqai-dashboard-1613658247.jpg

2022-nissan-qashqai-front-three-quarters-1613658275.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Why does unwanted, unrelated content keep getting posted in this thread?

Given that you have a similar habit on any thread related to EVs, I’m going to go out on a limb and say “Karma”.

Oh and having a great skin (The rogues overall look) mean s*** if the bones (CVT and engine) are garbage (and don’t forget that two star passenger crash rating).

https://www.motor1.com/news/489441/2021-nissan-rogue-crash-test-poor/

Oh and there is no “coolness factor” whenever a CVT is involved but you keep on touting those non-American products.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Given that you have a similar habit on any thread related to EVs, I’m going to go out on a limb and say “Karma”.

He complained?

LOL

Its not really karma...its having a discussion.

Price was brought up, but we all know that EVs as of now are higher than their ICE counterparts. DUH!  

But...aside from price, whether EV or ICE, the Bolt, Rogue, Trax, KONA ICE or EV...all stack up nicely to each other to be compared.  They are NATURAL competitors.  

The issue of price AND AWD was brought up.  And the lack there of on the Bolt. I posted a REAL WORLD video of the FWD Bolt to show that FWD is NOT a hinderance.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

And the Rogue is a “great value” so long as you don’t add any real options to it. Below is for a FWD Rogue and you have to be swilling bong water to pay $36K for a FWD four pot with a CVT.

5B2F01D9-FCCC-42ED-8A0C-ED2417ACDC27.png

2 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

He complained?

LOL

Its not really karma...its having a discussion.

Price was brought up, but we all know that EVs as of now are higher than their ICE counterparts. DUH!  

But...aside from price, whether EV or ICE, the Bolt, Rogue, Trax, KONA ICE or EV...all stack up nicely to each other to be compared.  They are NATURAL competitors.  

The issue of price AND AWD was brought up.  And the lack there of on the Bolt. I posted a REAL WORLD video of the FWD Bolt to show that FWD is NOT a hinderance.

Oh, I’m not disagreeing with your assessment but a dose of his own medicine was clearly in order here. If he wants to back a half baked foreign made product, thats on him. That doesn’t mean that everyone has to fall in lock step over it and support his gushing behavior. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

The French vid is a Quebecois dude talking about the Bolt's success in Quebec and how good of a car it is. He says its a fantastic EV for Quebec and while there is cold battery drainage, not really a huge problem.  

Breath of fresh air when all we hear about EVs is TESLA TESLA TESLA.

The Bolt does NOT get a fair share in the spot light. 

And I posted this video in here because the Bolt handles the job as well, if not better than the Rogue. As a counterpoint to the Rogue. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Oh and there is no “coolness factor” whenever a CVT is involved but you keep on touting those non-American products.

LOL Chevy Bolt is NUMBER 83 on a list of cars with a percentage of US parts.

Nissan Rogue is number 89.  And there are other foreign-branded vehicles, including Nissans, WAY higher on that list than the Bolt.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

27 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

LOL Chevy Bolt is NUMBER 83 on a list of cars with a percentage of US parts.

Nissan Rogue is number 89.  And there are other foreign-branded vehicles, including Nissans, WAY higher on that list than the Bolt.

Yet the Profits for you Rogue go to Japan compared to the profits from the Bolt stay in the US!

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

And the Rogue is a “great value” so long as you don’t add any real options to it. Below is for a FWD Rogue and you have to be swilling bong water to pay $36K for a FWD four pot with a CVT.

5B2F01D9-FCCC-42ED-8A0C-ED2417ACDC27.png

Oh, I’m not disagreeing with your assessment but a dose of his own medicine was clearly in order here. If he wants to back a half baked foreign made product, thats on him. That doesn’t mean that everyone has to fall in lock step over it and support his gushing behavior. 

This WAS a thread about the 2022 Rogue Sport, which is an entirely different vehicle than the Rogue.  The fact that some of you are blurring the lines between the two shines a light on ignorance.

Also, while the new Qashqai is a mild hybrid in other markets, Nissan has NOT SAID what type of powertrain it will offer in the USA, so to ASSUME it will continue with the 2.0... when we don't know, well, that is faulty thinking.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

This WAS a thread about the 2022 Rogue Sport, which is an entirely different vehicle than the Rogue.  The fact that some of you are blurring the lines between the two shines a light on ignorance.

Meh, the difference is insignificant...two FWD/transverse 4cyl CVT mediocre appliances...same shit ingredients, different size.  Nothing of significance...  

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, David said:

Yet the Profits for you Rogue go to Japan compared to the profits from the Bolt stay in the US!

I just love the ridiculous excuses he gives. Nothing even worth the rebuttal because the hypocrisy and bed wetting attitude is obvious.

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Meh, the difference is insignificant...two FWD/transverse 4cyl CVT mediocre appliances...same $h! ingredients, different size.  Nothing of significance...  

Exactly. Same family of CUVs. Same issues. It changes nothing. He certainly had no problem debating it up unto the point where no longer had a reasonable counter argument. Now we are all just “ignorant”. The fact that he now trying to tout its potential as a *gasp* hybrid is even more laughable. LMAO!

Edited by surreal1272
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Meh, the difference is insignificant...two FWD/transverse 4cyl CVT mediocre appliances...same $h! ingredients, different size.  Nothing of significance...

The world (except for Bronco) is running out of RWD/4WD BOF authenticity.  Everything's going to crap if you haven't noticed, and it is going to get worse.  The original intent of the thread was to post some new product news.  Look where it is now.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

The world (except for Bronco) is running out of RWD/4WD BOF authenticity.  Everything's going to crap if you haven't noticed, and it is going to get worse.  The original intent of the thread was to post some new product news.  Look where it is now.

Again, karma but not really. It’s a discussion where you think the car is great while no one else does. It happens and you’ll get over it.

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

No one cares...the transverse 4cyl shit dominates the mass market, we all know that.  GM builds loads of them (even as Cadillacs), Ford builds loads of them, Jeep sells loads of them at the low end.   Hyundai/Kia sells loads of them, etc.   Just a bunch of forgettable appliances...no real distinction between brands, no point in talking about them, as they are about as exciting as moldy white bread and spoiled milk.   

I couldn't care less as long as Jeep still builds proper SUVs, and the Bronco looks like it will be a proper SUV. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Again, karma but not really. It’s a discussion where you think the car is great while no one else does. It happens and you’ll get over it.

2022 Rogue Sport is a good looking vehicle.  I am currently afraid of Jeep because of deep-seated parts availability problems (we've had a Renegade in the shop for 6 months waiting on a wire harness that got destroyed, that is unacceptable).

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

So what I am gathering form the OP is either we get:

Another carryover CVT and 4 pot, like its larger sibling which has already been widely decided as being complete s***.

or

A hybrid, which certainly can be “no worse” than a CVT operated ICE that it will replace, but which the OP will no longer want.

And he wonders why some folks would never take car buying advice from him. Thanks for the pure comedy gold, is all I have to say!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I am not asking you to buy another Nissan, surreal.  I do know the Nissan Rogue has sold better than a certain transverse-engine, FWD/AWD Ford station wagon (which I like, btw) every model year it was sold.

Because I give two s***s about sales and whether you like my car or not (again, refer to my buying advice statement). Don’t be a salty Sally over it just because no one else wants to go down the tepid rabbit hole with you.

Edited by surreal1272

And gee. It’s such a huge shock that a compact CUV sold more than a much larger, and much more expensive, mid-size CUV that spent most of its life sold along side a similar size (Explorer) CUV that got more attention from its parent company.

Seriously Blu. If you’re going to try and insult me, then you are going to have to do better than that. I have never bought a car or truck based off of how many of them sold. If you want to go that route, go by yourself a Corolla or a RAV-4. They both come with your favorite transmission, after all.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 2

On 2/20/2021 at 9:42 AM, oldshurst442 said:

What's hilarious to me is this:  it was not too many munts ago, I was pointing out that gm considers the Bolt a crossover.  I was heckled up one side and down the other over it.  I even provided screen shots of gm's online order guide, showing it grouped with Chevy trucks on that gm site.  "IT'S A TALL HATCHBACK!!!" I heard it over and over again.

NOW, what do you know... when the agenda calls for it, somehow the Bolt is a NATURAL COMPETITOR to the Rogue, Trax, and Kona.  Something stinks in Norway.  And Quebec.

• Disagree 2

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

What's hilarious to me is this:  it was not too many munts ago, I was pointing out that gm considers the Bolt a crossover.  I was heckled up one side and down the other over it.  I even provided screen shots of gm's online order guide, showing it grouped with Chevy trucks on that gm site.  "IT'S A TALL HATCHBACK!!!" I heard it over and over again.

NOW, what do you know... when the agenda calls for it, somehow the Bolt is a NATURAL COMPETITOR to the Rogue, Trax, and Kona.  Something stinks in Norway.  And Quebec.

Well, for 2022 they are splitting the Bolt into 2 models--the EUV that is the CUV and the regular EV that is the tall hatchback.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, ocnblu said:

What’s hilarious is you ignoring the “EUV” and “FWD” part of most of those comparisons (on this thread) but by all means, keep crying about it. Also ignored is YOUR INITIAL comment about EV transmissions that started this in the first place. Furthermore, only Olds is making this claim here so now you are attempting to conflate that with what happened months ago. I, personally, do not agree with Olds assessment that the standard Bolt can be compared to CUVs and my initial comparison here was about the transmission and transmission alone so stop conflating the two. The EUV Bolt is another matter entirely though, for obvious reasons. Again, just more crying on your part because no one agreed with your Nissan humping act here.

You also ignored empirical evidence to the contrary back then (like how not ONE sales sticker called it a CUV but in fact, a “wagon” and was never not once marketed to customers as a “CUV”) but hey, your “agenda” is the only one that matters here right?

Edited by surreal1272

On 2/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, ocnblu said:

Agree with you here. 

On 2/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Ocnblu said: Reactions are hilarious considering they come from a crew of ppl who find EV redeemable in any way, shape or form.

While you downvoted my post above about this being of your own making, you obviously ignored the facts. Your first response to everyone on this thread (which must have been deleted because I had to pull this from a reply to you) you tried to immediately make it personal by attacking the responses of others who did not care for the Rogue Sport and you even brought EVs into the discussion. Those pesky facts though.

Edited by surreal1272

If Nissan wanted to actually take a step forward with the Rogue (or Rogue Sport) they would find a way to put the 9-speed, from the upcoming Pathfinder (which finally ditches the CVT), in it. Oh and about 19 more horses on the larger Rogue. 200HP plus a nicely tuned 9-speed would do wonders for it.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 6:23 PM, David said:

Bolt, Bolt EUV, and so many other better EV CUVs. :D 

But then you already knew that answer and were being rhetorical! :P

Surreal:  It was David, as ever, who dragged EV into this thread.

• Disagree 2

27 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Surreal:  It was David, as ever, who dragged EV into this thread.

Cry me a river. You still contributed to it and made the above remark about EV fans before David said his piece. You really need to pay better attention instead of trying to backpedal your way out of it and ignore your part in this. And you conveniently left out the question you asked, that led to his response. 

And what, pray tell, would you suggest

Edited by surreal1272
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1