2022 Rogue Sport on the roll!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And the Rogue is a “great value” so long as you don’t add any real options to it. Below is for a FWD Rogue and you have to be swilling bong water to pay $36K for a FWD four pot with a CVT.  

The French vid is a Quebecois dude talking about the Bolt's success in Quebec and how good of a car it is. He says its a fantastic EV for Quebec and while there is cold battery drainage, not really a

I'm pretty powertrain agnostic, but the Nissan 4-cylinder is pretty far down on the heap of 4-cylinders in terms of being a good engine.  There are plenty of powertrains, gas, hybrid, diesel, EV, that

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

It looks great and it is much improved over the current version.  Same could be said of the regular Rogue.  If they send it here without the complicated hybrid system, I will look much more closely at it when it arrives.

Reactions are hilarious considering they come from a crew of ppl who find EV redeemable in any way, shape or form.

I'm pretty powertrain agnostic, but the Nissan 4-cylinder is pretty far down on the heap of 4-cylinders in terms of being a good engine.  There are plenty of powertrains, gas, hybrid, diesel, EV, that will be superior to it in every way.

But being powertrain agnostic, I can still comment on its appearance.... which is bleh. Just like I think Teslas look bleh.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What makes "the Nissan 4 cylinder" (as if there is only one) a bad engine?  Anything can be made to appear "superior" if the criteria are narrow.

Looks are subjective.  This is not as "bleh" as any number of other CUV out there.  Have you seen the new HR-V, for example?

2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

What makes "the Nissan 4 cylinder" (as if there is only one) a bad engine?  Anything can be made to appear "superior" if the criteria are narrow.

Looks are subjective.  This is not as "bleh" as any number of other CUV out there.  Have you seen the new HR-V, for example?

Their 2.0 and 2.4 just aren't great on NVH.  Right there with the KIA/Hyundai/Chrysler 2.4. The 1.6T in the previous generation Sentra wasn't too bad, but not anything special.

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion... I don't find most small CUVs attractive these days.

My mother's '21 Soul with 2.0 seems fine for NVH.  And it is a quiet cruiser, but I might be saying that because the Goodyears on my truck, at 30k miles, seem to be getting louder.

15 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

it's a got a transverse 4 cyl w/ CVT...about as fecal and mediocre as imaginable..it's just another generic appliance, nothing of significance...and in the US, Nissan has fallen down to the bottom of the market, along w/ Mitsubishi...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

My mother's '21 Soul with 2.0 seems fine for NVH.  And it is a quiet cruiser, but I might be saying that because the Goodyears on my truck, at 30k miles, seem to be getting louder.

Nissan makes the Soul?  I specifically said the 2.4 when I mentioned Kia/Hyundai because that is the Global Engine Alliance engine that Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi/Chrysler all share the same engine architecture for. The 2.0 in your mother's Soul is a completely different engine family, thus not at all what I was talking about. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it's the Rogue Sport or the Rogue, but isn't the new Outlander sharing the platform and engine w/ one of Nissans CUVs?   The 

6 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Oh.  Well you're still crazy for not liking the Rogue Sport's new style.

I'll give it credit.... now that they'll be selling in these handy 8-packs, it will probably do pretty well.

90624414294384p.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Not sure if it's the Rogue Sport or the Rogue, but isn't the new Outlander sharing the platform and engine w/ one of Nissans CUVs?   The 

Rogue

• Haha 2

Well what's in the wrapper looks more like this: 

13129853-1981-oldsmobile-toronado-thumb_f.jpg

...at least until it's been in the tub a few days.

:rolleyes:

as if there’s any comparison by the rogue sport to the road presence of any full size Oldsmobile. Hell, even the soap bar shaped 91 Custom Cruiser in white would command more respect on the road.

but have fun with your Sentra hatchback 4WD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks dearheart.  But I am not sure I really want one until I see it in the metal.  When I read that a 2.0t Escape got 32 MPG on MT's fuel economy run it intrigued me.

Also I was trying to flesh out the forum, in an appropriate section, with some new product news.  So you're saying that is verboten?  What if a newbie Nissan fan comes in and sees this thread now?  What would their opinion be?

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Thanks dearheart.  But I am not sure I really want one until I see it in the metal.  When I read that a 2.0t Escape got 32 MPG on MT's fuel economy run it intrigued me.

Also I was trying to flesh out the forum, in an appropriate section, with some new product news.  So you're saying that is verboten?  What if a newbie Nissan fan comes in and sees this thread now?  What would their opinion be?

Rethink to something better based on all the input here. :P 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, David said:

Rethink to something better based on all the input here. :P 

And what, pray tell, would you suggest?

10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

And what, pray tell, would you suggest?

Bolt, Bolt EUV, and so many other better EV CUVs. :D 

But then you already knew that answer and were being rhetorical! :P

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

While it looks better than the outgoing model, it still has that dog engine and CVT, just a “no” followed by a bigger “HELL NO” from me. Better choices can be had without the CVT, thats for sure. Start with the 2022 Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage (just for having an actual 8 speed auto as opposed to a junk CVT) and work your way down from there. At least Nissan had the good sense to remove the CVT from the upcoming Pathfinder.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

If you’re a Nissan fan, get the new Mitsubishi Outlander.

aside from Z car drivers, are there still any fans of modern Nissans?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, David said:

Bolt, Bolt EUV, and so many other better EV CUVs. :D 

But then you already knew that answer and were being rhetorical! :P

Going to have to disagree on the simple fact that the Bolt has no AWD option. A missed opportunity by GM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1