2022 Rogue Sport on the roll!

ocnblu

47 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

It looks great and it is much improved over the current version.  Same could be said of the regular Rogue.  If they send it here without the complicated hybrid system, I will look much more closely at it when it arrives.

Reactions are hilarious considering they come from a crew of ppl who find EV redeemable in any way, shape or form.

I'm pretty powertrain agnostic, but the Nissan 4-cylinder is pretty far down on the heap of 4-cylinders in terms of being a good engine.  There are plenty of powertrains, gas, hybrid, diesel, EV, that will be superior to it in every way.

But being powertrain agnostic, I can still comment on its appearance.... which is bleh. Just like I think Teslas look bleh.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

What makes "the Nissan 4 cylinder" (as if there is only one) a bad engine?  Anything can be made to appear "superior" if the criteria are narrow.

Looks are subjective.  This is not as "bleh" as any number of other CUV out there.  Have you seen the new HR-V, for example?

2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

What makes "the Nissan 4 cylinder" (as if there is only one) a bad engine?  Anything can be made to appear "superior" if the criteria are narrow.

Looks are subjective.  This is not as "bleh" as any number of other CUV out there.  Have you seen the new HR-V, for example?

Their 2.0 and 2.4 just aren't great on NVH.  Right there with the KIA/Hyundai/Chrysler 2.4. The 1.6T in the previous generation Sentra wasn't too bad, but not anything special.

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion... I don't find most small CUVs attractive these days.

15 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

it's a got a transverse 4 cyl w/ CVT...about as fecal and mediocre as imaginable..it's just another generic appliance, nothing of significance...and in the US, Nissan has fallen down to the bottom of the market, along w/ Mitsubishi...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

My mother's '21 Soul with 2.0 seems fine for NVH.  And it is a quiet cruiser, but I might be saying that because the Goodyears on my truck, at 30k miles, seem to be getting louder.

Nissan makes the Soul?  I specifically said the 2.4 when I mentioned Kia/Hyundai because that is the Global Engine Alliance engine that Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi/Chrysler all share the same engine architecture for. The 2.0 in your mother's Soul is a completely different engine family, thus not at all what I was talking about. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Oh.  Well you're still crazy for not liking the Rogue Sport's new style.

I'll give it credit.... now that they'll be selling in these handy 8-packs, it will probably do pretty well.

90624414294384p.jpg

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Not sure if it's the Rogue Sport or the Rogue, but isn't the new Outlander sharing the platform and engine w/ one of Nissans CUVs?   The 

Rogue

• Haha 2

:rolleyes:

as if there’s any comparison by the rogue sport to the road presence of any full size Oldsmobile. Hell, even the soap bar shaped 91 Custom Cruiser in white would command more respect on the road.

but have fun with your Sentra hatchback 4WD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks dearheart.  But I am not sure I really want one until I see it in the metal.  When I read that a 2.0t Escape got 32 MPG on MT's fuel economy run it intrigued me.

Also I was trying to flesh out the forum, in an appropriate section, with some new product news.  So you're saying that is verboten?  What if a newbie Nissan fan comes in and sees this thread now?  What would their opinion be?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Thanks dearheart.  But I am not sure I really want one until I see it in the metal.  When I read that a 2.0t Escape got 32 MPG on MT's fuel economy run it intrigued me.

Also I was trying to flesh out the forum, in an appropriate section, with some new product news.  So you're saying that is verboten?  What if a newbie Nissan fan comes in and sees this thread now?  What would their opinion be?

Rethink to something better based on all the input here. :P 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

And what, pray tell, would you suggest?

Bolt, Bolt EUV, and so many other better EV CUVs. :D 

But then you already knew that answer and were being rhetorical! :P

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

While it looks better than the outgoing model, it still has that dog engine and CVT, just a “no” followed by a bigger “HELL NO” from me. Better choices can be had without the CVT, thats for sure. Start with the 2022 Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage (just for having an actual 8 speed auto as opposed to a junk CVT) and work your way down from there. At least Nissan had the good sense to remove the CVT from the upcoming Pathfinder.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

If you’re a Nissan fan, get the new Mitsubishi Outlander.

aside from Z car drivers, are there still any fans of modern Nissans?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Going to have to disagree on the simple fact that the Bolt has no AWD option. A missed opportunity by GM.

Totally agree with you that they missed the boat on this big time in not using the space you find in the rear for a motor back there so it would have AWD option.

But then most CUVs this size are not really driven off road and the amount of the compact and sub compact selling as FWD appliances makes this a valid alternative.

Nissan default is FWD for all 3 trims with the craptastic CVT. 🙄

image.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Oh.  Well you're still crazy for not liking the Rogue Sport's new style.

Style only goes so far when the power train is $h!. Lipstick on a CVT controlled pig.

Just now, David said:

Totally agree with you that they missed the boat on this big time in not using the space you find in the rear for a motor back there so it would have AWD option.

But then most CUVs this size are not really driven off road and the amount of the compact and sub compact selling as FWD appliances makes this a valid alternative.

Nissan default is FWD for all 3 trims with the craptastic CVT. 🙄

image.png

True but AWD is still a nice and almost necessary function for most folks up north.

• Agree 1

I love those "diagonal test" vids over onto the YouTube, where they test 4WD/AWD effectiveness on a severe diagonal ramp test (on dry asphalt).  The Nissan Rogue was among the better systems, as illustrated.  A CUV with a "4WD/AWD Lock" button seems like they're trying harder.  GM, Hyundai/Kia, Jeep and any other OEM gets a thumbs up from me on that.

The new Tucson is a good looking CUV.

SavageGeese really likes the new Rogue.  I would get the base S in AWD, or, for the price, I could get the sportier, smaller Rogue Sport for the same money but in a higher trim level.  I would want heated seats/wheel like I have now, but I'd also like to have nav.  When nav systems first appeared widespread, I was anti, but now I think it would come in handy.

26 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

If you’re a Nissan fan, get the new Mitsubishi Outlander.

aside from Z car drivers, are there still any fans of modern Nissans?

In my line of work, I get to speak to a lot of ppl in light conversation about their cars.  There are a good number of all-Nissan families.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, David said:

In comparison to the FWD Rogue options, this is a better alternative IMHO.

EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD.

Surreal, c'mon man, you know it's true.  If there were a thread about wanking in here, Statue would be whacking off on a tangent about battery powered personal appliances.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I love those "diagonal test" vids over onto the YouTube, where they test 4WD/AWD effectiveness on a severe diagonal ramp test (on dry asphalt).  The Nissan Rogue was among the better systems, as illustrated.  A CUV with a "4WD/AWD Lock" button seems like they're trying harder.  GM, Hyundai/Kia, Jeep and any other OEM gets a thumbs up from me on that.

The new Tucson is a good looking CUV.

SavageGeese really likes the new Rogue.  I would get the base S in AWD, or, for the price, I could get the sportier, smaller Rogue Sport for the same money but in a higher trim level.  I would want heated seats/wheel like I have now, but I'd also like to have nav.  When nav systems first appeared widespread, I was anti, but now I think it would come in handy.

In my line of work, I get to speak to a lot of ppl in light conversation about their cars.  There are a good number of all-Nissan families.

So then you truly have stopped supporting America. Might as well move to Japan then! So much for America, America Jobs, America, America, America. Seems you have gone Asian Fever. 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

EVERY.SINGLE.THREAD

Oh you are just dripping with irony and hypocrisy here. 

And why are you trying to drag me into your personal beef with David? My downvote was 100% legit for the reason mentioned above. Get over yourself. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Surreal, stop with the jealousy.  Just because I shot Statue with a zinger this time, doesn't mean I don't have more for you.  Stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And why are you trying to drag me into your personal beef with David?

Well I would drag you by the hair, but

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Surreal, stop with the jealousy.  Just because I shot Statue with a zinger this time, doesn't mean I don't have more for you.  Stay tuned!

Well I would drag you by the hair, but

You couldn’t drag me by the hair on your best day anyway. 

And that’s not a zinger. That’s just passive aggressive bull$h! on your account because someone called you out on the truth of the matter. Big difference so maybe you should just zing yourself next time. 

56 minutes ago, David said:

2022 Bolt trims

image.png

2022 Bolt EUV Trims

image.png

In comparison to the FWD Rogue options, this is a better alternative IMHO.

Not really comparable IMO since the EUV starts at a much higher price and again, lacking AWD. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Surreal:  "Deflector shields... UP!"

How? You are claiming that a CVT is somehow superior to the single speed one (because electric motors don’t need multiple pseudo gears unlike an ICE) in your average EV and I gave my response. I’m thinking it may be past med check for you if you don’t understand that simple concept. 

• Agree 1

Who in their right mind buys these shytty things anyway? 

I dont care actually.  Not my cup of tea.  I feel bad for those peeps that have no other choice in life but to buy this thing...

Maybe we should start a GOFUNDME page for these people in need of better life options. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, surreal1272 said:

somehow superior

??? NOWHERE did I say a CVT was better than a crappy one-speed current transfer unit in an EV.  But it is certainly NO WORSE.

1 minute ago, oldshurst442 said:

Who in their right mind buys these shytty things anyway? 

Pretty sure the current Qashqai is one of, if not the best selling CUV in its class in Europe, where it is designed.  It is night and day better than the current model sold here, and even that sells pretty well.  This is a daily driver, and when put into proper perspective, this new one is a pretty nice one.