Yay

Posted Image

One more reason to head North!

Francis dropped an 80 year old Oak on my house & I live just outside of Atlanta!

Scary thing is, if global warming keeps going, it could.

Even if a Hurricane did hit it, it wouldn't be very powerful since the state is land locked almost entirely from water except for a small stretch on Lake Erie. Last time I checked, Lake Erie hasn't produced any Hurricanes.

The Atlantic waters are significantly warmer than normal for this time of the year. A Cat-3 hurricane could very well make it up here. Due to the population density in the Northeast, we only need a Cat-3 to cause Cat-5 levels of damage.

SoCal doesn't get that $h!...

Uh, no, your ground just trembles under your feet with little or no warning. Edited by Paolino

The Atlantic waters are significantly warmer than normal for this time of the year. A Cat-3 hurricane could very well make it up here. Due to the population density in the Northeast, we only need a Cat-3 to cause Cat-5 levels of damage.

True, not to mention we're not as "hurricane prepared" as Florida.

The last Hurricane I remember is Gloria, from 1985. I know we had another one, but it was weak. And Gloria was too--I believe top winds were 85-90mph! Took up a bunch of trees in the neighborhood and a stop sign or two--that's all I remember. My lego house survived! :)

We were also narrowly missed by Bob in '91. The eye passed just east of Montauk. It was a Cat-3 when it hit us, but since the wind direction was opposite the direction of the hurricane itself), we 'only' got winds around 70mph.

Scary thing is, if global warming keeps going, it could.

Its not global warming , yes were it normally is cool it is getting warmer but the tropics (around the equator) are cooling, global warming is such bull$h! especially considering weve been coming out of an ice age...

oh man floyd absolutely ruined North Jersey... thank god i live on top of a hill... people that lived down any sort of hill or whatever got flooded sooooo bad it was crazy... i remember it taking us 45 minutes to get to school... the school we were goin to at the time was about 2 miles away...

Oh yes we do, BV.

For instance, in 1972 Hurricane Agnes flooded the governor's mansion to the 2nd floor.

Didn't Agnes also close the Walnut Street Bridge to car traffic in and out of Harrisburg?

Didn't Agnes also close the Walnut Street Bridge to car traffic in and out of Harrisburg?

I'm not local to H-burg, so I don't know. But there was a ton of damage there as well as here in the Philadelphia area.

I think I remember hearing that Hazel killed a bunch of folks in the Poconos. I think it was the storm that sent a passenger train down a mountainside and into a river. Before my time but I remember hearing the story - pretty gruesome.