Employee Discount

Guest buickman

ok jim, im gonna level with you. you are a salesman. you think you can sell whatever anything they give you and you think everyone should be able to do the same thing that you are. but its not that simple you have to address product.

which you have never once done.

3 points. better product, better reliability, better sales.

the first two are pretty much taking care of eachother and thusly the third should follow.

when you hae good cars you dont need schemes to sell them. especially when it only more than lets say 50ish.

even better product is on the way, and i think that should help you out considerably. as well as everyone else.

the general is marching on, you want to join in or or continue this here agenda?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buickman

ok jim, im gonna level with you.  you are a salesman.  you think you can sell whatever anything they give you and you think everyone should be able to do the same thing that you are.  but its not that simple you have to address product.

3 points.  better product, better reliability, better sales.

the first two are pretty much taking care of eachother and thusly the third should follow.

when you hae good cars you dont need schemes to sell them.  especially when it only more than lets say 50ish.

even better product is on the way, and i think that should help you out considerably.  as well as everyone else.

the general is marching on,  you want to join in or or continue this here agenda?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, but I do agree, product is key. Also, RTG is no scheme, it's a complete marketing package which will save untold millions in wasted, unecessary expenditures and reap billions of profits through effective merchandising, something GM has proven itself inacapable of.

Buickman

Oh, but I do agree, product is key. Also, RTG is no scheme, it's a complete marketing package which will save untold millions in wasted, unecessary expenditures and reap billions of profits through effective merchandising, something GM has proven itself inacapable of.

Buickman

As I stated above, the best way to silence your critics is to prove it. Deeds, not words.

Guest buickman

As I stated above, the best way to silence your critics is to prove it.  Deeds, not words.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I will take your suggestion and work to implement aspects of The Plan at various dealers across the US. This is no small endeavor, but your point is well taken. This evening the first twenty steps will be sent to roughly 3,000 franchised GM dealerships. We'll begin by receiving their responses and measuring the level of receptivity.

Buickman

I think I need to say something in this thread: You can't sell a product to someone if no one comes into the showroom to buy it.

Cars such as the Solstice, HHR, Sky, and Corvette draw people in to the showroom because they're great products that attract attention, and they're all knockout hits. Cars such as the LaCrosse, Malibu, and Cobalt are not all knockout hits because they aren't the greatest products, and don't attract people to the showroom.

The product should be so good that the cars sell themselves, which is the case with the Kappas, HHR, and Vette. GM and the dealers shouldn't have to make deals on cars to sell them as they do with most. If the products sell themselves, there's no reason to need "The Plan."

I've always said that GM will have turned the corner when they can execute a Cobalt or Malibu with the high level of success they have with the Corvette and GMT-900 SUVs.

If you make 10K a month in the auto industry why are you running out and getting a real estate license and selling cheap 100K houses?

Perhaps you are reality deprived!!

OK.....in Buickman's post that doesn't show up here, he claims to be making over 10K per week in the auto business.....

I haven't stooped this low yet, but I'm going to now.....

BM, you are full of &#036;h&#33;. (Sorry mods but I can't take this any more.)

I've worked for numerous dealerships before.....I have a best friend that OWNS a Mercedes-Benz new car store....and I have other friends that OWN high-end (Ferrari, Porsche, et al) stores....AND I've had 11 years experience dealing with General Motors dealerships and salespeople in Flint (yes), Detroit, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.

I've seen Finance Managers make $20K per month.....even $25K. Aaron (other half) has done it himself at Irvine BMW.

But $40K a month? For a Finance Manager? NO....for a Finance DIRECTOR? NO....for a sales person.....not on your life.

If you told me $10K a month, that's certainly believable. I MIGHT even believe you could pull in $15K a month (although on close to 100% GMS deals, I don't know how.)

There's no way you are pulling in $40K or more per month. Sorry bud....unless you are supplementing your income with something else other than selling cars. And whatever that other income is, it must be something out-of-this-world.

:alcoholic: < Buickman

ok jim, im gonna level with you.  you are a salesman.  you think you can sell whatever anything they give you and you think everyone should be able to do the same thing that you are.  but its not that simple you have to address product.

3 points.  better product, better reliability, better sales.

when you hae good cars you dont need schemes to sell them.  especially when it only more than lets say 50ish.

even better product is on the way, and i think that should help you out considerably.  as well as everyone else.

the general is marching on,  you want to join in or or continue this here agenda?

people have their mind about 80% made up on a car before they even set foot into the showroom. the biggest influencers on shoppers today are internet research, word of mouth, buff books, ads, news stories....i.e. all influences outside of the salesmans' domain and all components of active marketing on a broad scale that does not involve one to one sales at a dealership level. To top it off, people hate car salesman and would love to eliminate them from the process entirely. People loathe dealers and salesman and sales managers and would love to skip the whole process.

the only area where a salesman can make a difference is when you are shopping more than one dealer of the same brand. but by then its over. The product and pre-dealer marketing that go with it make up most folks minds for them. The only reason people go to the dealer is because they have to and its close. So how well a model sells has really nothing to do with the salesman. The price and trade process becomes a much bigger factor after that.

The biggest piece of the puzzle (and all of us but one know this) is the product. Put awesome product out and it can sell itself. Add great pre-dealer marketing to the great product and we wouldn't have the issues we are having now.

I don't think Return To Greatness addresses the product aspect. If it doesn't, as a plan it is inherently flawed and simply does not provide the full end result that is needed. In other words, it would fail. Return To Greatness can't tell me why the Equinox has a 185hp chinese pushrod motor while the new RAV4 has about an 80hp advantage. for example. It can't correct why the LeSabre was sold unchanged for more than a decade. It can't make up for why the Colorado and H3 had no 6 cylinder engine. It can't explain why the CTS does not have AWD. It cannot explain why the Saab 9-7x is a Trailblazer. It cannot explain why the Solstice and G6 CVTBLE has no trunk. It doesn't explain why Buick has no convertible. It doesn't explain why the Aveo likely gets 10 mpg less than the yaris and Fit. It doesn't have an answer for why people think Hyundais are great cars. It doesn't explain why the LaCrosse is built on the draconian W body. It doesn't explain why the Kia Amanti which is a mediocre car does not damn Kia to hell but GM puts out better than mediocre cars of late and everyone wants to take them down.

why is the Terrazza a horsecrap alternative to the Odyssey and Sienna? Any salesman that sells a Terrazza, actually, ought to skinned at dusk for facilitating one of them going onto public roads instead of doing the customer a real favor and sending them away to get a Sienna.

Edited by regfootball

Guest buickman

OK.....in Buickman's post that doesn't show up here, he claims to be making over 10K per week in the auto business.....

I haven't stooped this low yet, but I'm going to now.....

BM, you are full of &#036;h&#33;.  (Sorry mods but I can't take this any more.)

I've worked for numerous dealerships before.....I have a best friend that OWNS a Mercedes-Benz new car store....and I have other friends that OWN high-end (Ferrari, Porsche, et al) stores....AND I've had 11 years experience dealing with General Motors dealerships and salespeople in Flint (yes), Detroit, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.

I've seen Finance Managers make $20K per month.....even $25K.  Aaron (other half) has done it himself at Irvine BMW.

But $40K a month?  For a Finance Manager?  NO....for a Finance DIRECTOR?  NO....for a sales person.....not on your life.

If you told me $10K a month, that's certainly believable.  I MIGHT even believe you could pull in $15K a month (although on close to 100% GMS deals, I don't know how.)

There's no way you are pulling in $40K or more per month.  Sorry bud....unless you are supplementing your income with something else other than selling cars.  And whatever that other income is, it must be something out-of-this-world.

:alcoholic:  < Buickman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You forget, I not only sell but also serve as general manager, and a consultant. Have some class for a change.

You forget, I not only sell but also serve as general manager, and a consultant. Have some class for a change.

:lol:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black......

LMAOROTFL

I STILL don't believe the $40K figure.....

BUT I'll be the FIRST to admit.....you want to email me a scanned photo of your paycheck stub(s), and I'll be the FIRST on here to admit I was wrong.....

:thumbsup:

LMAOROTFL

BUT I'll be the FIRST to admit.....you want to email me a scanned photo of your paycheck stub(s), and I'll be the FIRST on here to admit I was wrong.....

He could be working Dort Hwy in his spare time. I hear there is plenty of cash to be made there.

Flint does not have much but it does have the underground economy.

Edited by evok

Req, your wrong, DEAD WRONG. A good sales person can greatly influence the sale. Emphasis on GOOD SALESPERSON.

Example, last week a man in the show room declares that his wife is looking for a new car, probably an SUV and she is looking at the imports because they are better. Naturally, I took exception to that and after going through my thick file of recalls for Toyota, problems over at Nissan with the Sentra Altima, etc. he was clearly puzzled.

The next day he came back and bought an Equinox and said that other sales people he had talked to at Mazda and Hyundai were arrogant and didn't even know their own product, let alone the competitor's.

True, there are certain customers or personality types that will walk into the show room with a chip on their shoulders. I've seen those, but an experienced salesperson can usually find some common ground or a way to disarm that person's hostility.

To use your example, although I can't speak for the Terraza (don't sell them), I can say that the Uplander is $12,000 less than a Sienna and even if you go to a nicely loaded Uplander extended, it still is about $5k less than a Sienna. Is the Sienna better? Yes. Can everyone afford one? No.

Is a Cartier watch better than a Timex? Of course. But can the price be justified?

The trouble is that most of the items you have listed are things that are important to YOU. As I have tirelessly pointed out, horsepower is BS if not taken with a test drive. YOU may not like the Equinox's power train, but it works fine and is both reliable and fuel efficient. You've given a great list as to why YOU wouldn't buy a GM product, and that is valid, but the average consumer doesn't know, doesn't care.

Salespeople make all the difference. A Canon digital camera may not be better than an Olympus, but it may have features that you need and could use that the Olympus doesn't. A knowledgeable salesperson is very important to point out how the product melds into your life. Not everybody needs or wants a 8 megapixel, $1,800 camera.

He could be working Dort Hwy in his spare time.  I hear there is plenty of be cash to be made there.

Flint does not have much but it does have the underground economy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh, good ol' Dort...

That jusy maybe where his supplemental income comes from.

Edited by Spike

Guest buickman

LMAOROTFL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

21K commissions, 9K General Manager, 13K consulting, Zero talking to you. Believe it or not, makes no difference to me.

Edited by buickman

The next day he came back and bought an Equinox and said that other sales people he had talked to at Mazda and Hyundai were arrogant and didn't even know their own product, let alone the competitor's.

And the ones that went back from you to Mazda, Hyundai, etc. are calling you a liar.

Perhaps those salespeople just didn't have your impressive skills to mislead the customer? Instead of them saying "I don't know" in response to a question about a competitor, perhaps they should have you used one of your tricks (as you have so aptly demonstrated in this thread) and answered in a negative manner regardless of reality or whether they knew the right answer?

Heh. Hyundai and arrogant.... can't say I've ever heard those two words together.

Edited by LTB51

You, sir, are an a-hole. How dare you get off saying that I "mislead" my customers. You oughta spend 1 day on the sales floor and see what it is really like, instead of shooting your mouth off about stuff you clearly know nothing about.

Req, your wrong, DEAD WRONG.  A good sales person can greatly influence the sale.  Emphasis on GOOD SALESPERSON.

Example, last week a man in the show room declares that his wife is looking for a new car, probably an SUV and she is looking at the imports because they are better.  Naturally, I took exception to that and after going through my thick file of recalls for Toyota, problems over at Nissan with the Sentra Altima, etc. he was clearly puzzled.

True, there are certain customers or personality types that will walk into the show room with a chip on their shoulders.  I've seen those, but an experienced salesperson can usually find some common ground or a way to disarm that person's hostility.

To use your example, although I can't speak for the Terraza (don't sell them), I can say that the Uplander is $12,000 less than a Sienna and even if you go to a nicely loaded Uplander extended, it still is about $5k less than a Sienna.  Is the Sienna better? Yes.  Can everyone afford one?  No. 

Is a Cartier watch better than a Timex?  Of course.  But can the price be justified?

The trouble is that most of the items you have listed are things that are important to YOU.  As I have tirelessly pointed out, horsepower is BS if not taken with a test drive.  YOU may not like the Equinox's power train, but it works fine and is both reliable and fuel efficient.  You've given a great list as to why YOU wouldn't buy a GM product, and that is valid, but the average consumer doesn't know, doesn't care.

Salespeople make all the difference.  A Canon digital camera may not be better than an Olympus, but it may have features that you need and could use that the Olympus doesn't.  A knowledgeable salesperson is very important to point out how the product melds into your life.  Not everybody needs or wants a 8 megapixel, $1,800 camera.

in theory you are right but why is GM and Ford down so much and Toyo and the other up way high, double digit gains?

I stick by it, 80% of shoppers know what car they want and stick by it. they are predisposed before they even talk to the salesdude.

Guest buickman

New programs are out. More bonus cash on certain models, good leases continued. Zero for 72 is over but deals are still available depending on the desired model. Rumor has it more is coming on or about the 18th, not confirmed. Inventories have been significantly reduced. Dealers are happy that they were able to earn profit as opposed to the GMS to everyone whereby set pricing predetermined limited income and prevented hard working salespeople from supporting their families and kept dealers from covering overhead.

Buickman

New programs are out. More bonus cash on certain models, good leases continued. Zero for 72 is over but deals are still available depending on the desired model. Rumor has it more is coming on or about the 18th, not confirmed. Inventories have been significantly reduced. Dealers are happy that they were able to earn profit as opposed to the GMS to everyone whereby set pricing predetermined limited income and prevented hard working salespeople from supporting their families and kept dealers from covering overhead.

Buickman

163496[/snapback]

i bet the 0-72 will come back at the end of the month.

by the end of august, you'll see 0/72 AND big rebates

21K commissions, 9K General Manager, 13K consulting, Zero talking to you. Believe it or not, makes no difference to me.

163374[/snapback]

There's your fallacy right there.

Why would ANYONE take a GM position for only $9K per month?

I don't believe the $21K in commissions.

$13K in consulting? Well.....I don't know who you are consulting or what you are consulting them ON....maybe you can enlighten me.

In any event.....how do you have TIME to earn $13K in consulting fees......IF you are an active General Manager.....AND you STILL have time to earn your supposed $21K in sales commissions?

Somethin' here smells kinda funny.......

Once again.....I claim......Buickman > :alcoholic:

Buickman

163496[/snapback]

Buickman....I've been tied up this week with meetings and haven't paid attention to the market....

Can you enlighten me as to what's happening in the California market with GM?

:confused0071:

Guest buickman

Haven't seen figures for GM but Ford did well even against GM's subsidized gas pricing incentive.

Ford gallops into summer with double-digit sales increase in California

Anaheim, CA, June 4, 1999 – Surpassing year-ago sales by 29 percent, California Ford dealers delivered 28,045 new cars and trucks in May, furthering Ford Division’s lead as the state’s best-selling automotive brand for the 17th consecutive year. Leading the sales increase were Mustang, up 67 percent, and F-Series trucks, up 49 percent, both outpacing their already-impressive performance of recent months.

Additionally, F-Series has become California’s most popular vehicle, car or truck. "The number one spot narrowly alluded F-Series in 1998, and we are pleased to be moving solidly into leadership this year," stated Drew Atkinson, Ford Division California regional manager. "F-Series’ popularity in California mirrors the national trend of growing truck popularity, with Ford’s F-Series, Explorer, Ranger, and Expedition trucks all among California’s top ten selling vehicles." May sales of Explorer increased five percent, Ranger increased 33 percent, and Expedition increased 42 percent.

Ford car sales for May increased 33 percent, with Escort (up 30 percent), and Taurus (up 8 percent) contributing to gains led by Mustang. All three are among California’s top ten selling cars. "We are excited with the growing popularity of our cars, and this will only continue with the all-new Taurus and Focus coming in the fall," stated Atkinson.

Guest buickman

In any event.....how do you have TIME to earn $13K in consulting fees......IF you are an active General Manager.....AND you STILL have time to earn your supposed $21K in sales commissions?

Because I am very good at what I do, and at the risk of repetition, I really don't care if you believe me.

Edited by buickman

Haven't seen figures for GM but Ford did well even against GM's subsidized gas pricing incentive.

Ford gallops into summer with double-digit sales increase in California

Anaheim, CA, June 4, 1999 – Surpassing year-ago sales by 29 percent, California Ford dealers delivered 28,045 new cars and trucks in May, furthering Ford Division’s lead as the state’s best-selling automotive brand for the 17th consecutive year. Leading the sales increase were Mustang, up 67 percent, and F-Series trucks, up 49 percent, both outpacing their already-impressive performance of recent months.

Additionally, F-Series has become California’s most popular vehicle, car or truck. "The number one spot narrowly alluded F-Series in 1998, and we are pleased to be moving solidly into leadership this year," stated Drew Atkinson, Ford Division California regional manager. "F-Series’ popularity in California mirrors the national trend of growing truck popularity, with Ford’s F-Series, Explorer, Ranger, and Expedition trucks all among California’s top ten selling vehicles." May sales of Explorer increased five percent, Ranger increased 33 percent, and Expedition increased 42 percent.

Ford car sales for May increased 33 percent, with Escort (up 30 percent), and Taurus (up 8 percent) contributing to gains led by Mustang. All three are among California’s top ten selling cars. "We are excited with the growing popularity of our cars, and this will only continue with the all-new Taurus and Focus coming in the fall," stated Atkinson.

163576[/snapback]

1999?

1999?

163598[/snapback]

LOL - And he is very good at what he does! He is full of $hit.

I guess that is why he is called the BM.

Either way good catch.

You caught the BM in a blatant lie.

Edited by evok

I really don't care if you believe me.

163578[/snapback]

and thats why you say whatever the hell you feel like saying.

very reputable.

isnt that the hallmark of a good salesman anyway? not selling you what you want but rather what you dont really need.

in theory you are right but why is GM and Ford down so much and Toyo and the other up way high, double digit gains?

I stick by it, 80% of shoppers know what car they want and stick by it.  they are predisposed before they even talk to the salesdude.

163485[/snapback]

I agree. I don't know if I am the average customer, but I usually know what I need to know before I get to the dealership. In most cases the salesman just wastes my time. I just want him/her to pull the cars around, hand me the keys, and the point me to the finance people when I have decided what I want to buy.

The pitch, the games, the misinformation, the confusion, etc. is hopefully going the way of the dodo.

I do get a kick out of how BM started all of this. He posted that Chrysler was having a promotion and then dropped the panic flag.

"Chrysler is having a promotion = GM will lose market share unless the do something fast."

Oooooh, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

I think GM had plans for a promotion already in place. They've pretty much had one about this time every year as far as I can remember (correct me if I am wrong). Even if it wasn't as drastic as last year's 'employee pricing,' something was bound to be in motion.

Just another chance to promote his "plan", bash GM's current management, and stir the pot.

Guest buickman

ZERO FOR 72 CONTINUES...zero sales for 72 days as we have robbed the future on top of ruining many vacations and holiday plans.

Buickman

ZERO FOR 72 CONTINUES...zero sales for 72 days as we have robbed the future on top of ruining many vacations and holiday plans.

Buickman

163728[/snapback]

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Look at me, look at me.

You know, my 7 year old daughter is more mature than this.

Guest buickman

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Look at me, look at me.

You know, my 7 year old daughter is more mature than this.

163731[/snapback]

It's "Rickin Little" as the Blue Sky is falling!

Edited by buickman

Personal attacks aside, there are good salespeople out there and then there are bad salespeople - just like in all walks of life.

As long as there are products to sell, there will be sales people to sell them. About 7 years ago, we were given a big presentation about the internet and how a big chunk of sales were going to be done that way and how sales people wouldn't be needed. The senior sales guys laughed. I was nervous.

Well, I've seen a lot of those upstart internet companies go away. We embraced one of the early ones, AutoByTel. What a collosal waste of time. I remember I set up a template on my computer and in December 99 sent out 90 responses. Didn't sell a single car. When I followed up on one of them, I spoke to the mother of a highschool girl who wanted a price on a Vette. Nice.

General Motors had nowhere else to go but down 25 years ago. No company has ever had the kind of near monopoly that GM enjoyed in North America. It isn't so much that GM is not building what people want today, it is that the competition has finally got with it.

Look at the late '70s BMW products - a joke. Look at the Datsun 210 of its day and compare that to a mid-70s Malibu. Which better captured the market of the day? Even the revered Mercedes were oddities in the 70s. Sure, they may have been pretty bullet proof, but they were boring, unattractive cars bought by wierd people.

Today, NIssan, Honda and others put out decent, even great products. The consumer has a dizzying array of vehicles (not just cars and pick ups, like 25 years ago, either!) to choose from. The consumer is confused. They have surveys and reader polls and the internet, all yanking them in different directions. There are more than 300 models to choose from today. It is no wonder GM is settling on 20% market share. I don't believe that is something to be ashamed of. I believe it is and was inevitable.

The salesperson's job is to cut through the clutter and zero in on what is important to the client that is in front of them. Whether the client is weighing the Corolla versus the Cobalt, or the Cobalt versus the Aveo, what is important is what is important to the CLIENT.

It is great if YOU are informed (or think you are anyway) enough to make your own decision and don't need the pesky salesman around, but most people aren't.

I walked into a jewellry store to buy a diamond ring years ago, and I was both intimidated and dazed. I was terrified of being sold glass. How would I know the difference? I always remember that feeling when I approach a customer in the show room.

I would have to agree that there are good people working sales as well as the shady characters.

Tammy and I went looking at HHRs and Cobalts the other day. One of the salesmen at a dealership close to our home did some checking around for us and found a couple we might be interested. He was very helpful and great to work with. Even though we didn't find something this time, that experience made me decide that when I do buy a new Chevy, he is the guy I will be going to. He is very knowledgeable and seems to be a great guy. He wasn't just out to sell us a car, he wanted us to be happy with our decision.

Of course, it might help that Tammy and I have run a Camaro Show at this place for a few years now and are known at least by sight by most everyone there.

Guest buickman

I would have to agree that there are good people working sales as well as the shady characters.

Tammy and I went looking at HHRs and Cobalts the other day. One of the salesmen at a dealership close to our home did some checking around for us and found a couple we might be interested. He was very helpful and great to work with. Even though we didn't find something this time, that experience made me decide that when I do buy a new Chevy, he is the guy I will be going to. He is very knowledgeable and seems to be a great guy. He wasn't just out to sell us a car, he wanted us to be happy with our decision.

Of course, it might help that Tammy and I have run a Camaro Show at this place for a few years now and are known at least by sight by most everyone there.

163805[/snapback]

Personal relationships are inordinately influencial.

Personal relationships are inordinately influencial.

163841[/snapback]

of course they are, how else could you bilk the owner of a dealership a whack of cash to run the dealership AND act as a consultant at the same time. sounds like double billing somewhere in there to me.

of course they are, how else could you bilk the owner of a dealership a whack of cash to run the dealership AND act as a consultant at the same time.  sounds like double billing somewhere in there to me.

163853[/snapback]

lol, I was going to tell him that I couldn't see myself buying a car from him. He reminds me too much of a carpetbagger or snake oil salesman.

I stopped in the dealership today to check on a part and the saleman I talked about came over and chatted with me about my car (the one I drove in). He knows there is no sale there and doesn't expect one. He is just one cool car guy.

Guest buickman

of course they are, how else could you bilk the owner of a dealership a whack of cash to run the dealership AND act as a consultant at the same time.  sounds like double billing somewhere in there to me.

163853[/snapback]

It's assurdedly a win/win situation.

It's assurdedly a win/win situation.

163860[/snapback]

sure. you make oodles of cash getting paid twice for doing one job and the dealership gets some goofy tax right off for hiring a 'consultant'.

sounds slimey to me. prob something a good forensic audit could fix.

Guest buickman

sure. you make oodles of cash getting paid twice for doing one job and the dealership gets some goofy tax right off for hiring a 'consultant'.

sounds slimey to me.  prob something a good forensic audit could fix.

163863[/snapback]

Bring it.

Guest buickman

The issue at hand is what will GM do for their next marketing move? The Zero for 72 has been continued through 7-18 for 06 Tahoes and Suburbans. There is additional bonus cash on some models and good leases remain in place. Those of us in retail also know about the hairbrained plethora of side programs which are beyond confusing, actually bordering on insanity.

The question is "What will GM do after the 18th?"

Buickman

Edited by buickman

Guest buickman

I pay St. Ides several hundres of dollars a  month to "consult" me.

[/Joshiepoo mode]

164231[/snapback]

look at it this way, if they do it month after month, there must be a reason.

The issue at hand is what will GM do for their next marketing move? The Zero for 72 has been continued through 7-18 for 06 Tahoes and Suburbans.

Buickman

164185[/snapback]

If it was up to me, I'd offer incentives on the '06 GMT800s until they are all gone. I mean, there really is no reason to take an '06 800 over the '07 900s unless there is some kind of incentive on it, imo.