Cadillac Says A Refreshed XTS Coming This Year, New Products Beginning In Second Half of 2018

Cadillac has crossovers coming! But they won't be here till the second-half of 2018

If there is one issue that is top of mind for various folks at Cadillac, it is the lack of crossovers. Their sedan-heavy lineup isn't doing them any favors in a marketplace crazy for crossovers and SUVs. The brand does have some breathing room thanks to increasing sales in China, but they know they need crossovers now.

“It’s left us with the obvious difficulty. The core part of our volume lineup is in the market that’s contracting while we are unable, as good as XT5 and Escalade are, we are unable to fully exploit the updraft that’s taking place in the other half of the market,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen to The Detroit News.

The bad news is the first of a handful will not arrive till the second half of 2018 according to de Nysschen. The first is a model that will be smaller than the XT5, what we believe will be called the XT3. Some analysts believe the XT3 will be built at Fairfax Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Kansas. Then a full-size crossover slotted between the XT5 and Escalade will come next. We think this could be the sister model to the Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave. Finally, de Nysschen hinted that an even smaller crossover could arrive after 2020.

That doesn't mean Cadillac isn't working on their sedan lineup either. The XTS is expected to get a refresh later this year. Cadillac will also be launching a sedan to compete with the likes of the Audi A3 and Mercedes-Benz CLA in 2019. A coupe and convertible will join the sedan around the same time. de Nysschen explained the entry-level luxury marketplace is growing and the company wants a piece of it.

Source: The Detroit News

I agree that they need a deeper CUV lineup, not sure about the car lineup. I honestly do not see a need for the convertible. Coupe yea, but convertible is such a small dying market that why waste the R&D dollars when there are far better areas to spend it in.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Coupe and Convertible are definitely necessary. Its part of what is holding Cadillac back in terms of prestige. In fact.. I believe Cadillac should have a convertible in CT3, CT5, and CT6 (or CT8) no different than Benz. Quite frankly Cadillac's line-up, BARRING the cheap compliance and mainstream cars from Benz, should be pretty much the SAME as Benzo's.

49 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Guess living in a rainy state with money, I rarely see a convertible, but plenty of coupes. I honestly cannot say when I last saw a convertible from Benz, BMW or really any other car brand except Mustang and Camaro.

I will say that Silver Escalade is sexy. Imagine if the C pillar was black rather than silver and you would have a long floating roof on it till you got to the sexy tail lights. :wub:

I see them all the time here in Maryland especially because of the fact that we really only have three seasons and we get pretty nice Sunshine days from March to October.  Regardless... a luxo brand should not be all about practicality to be frank.  Exuberance is a necessity. A convertible is more of an expression of opulence than even a sports car. Especially if your 4 seater is rolling down the freeway,  top down and just one occupant.  And mind U...  I'm not a convertible buyer,  but I have a crazy amount of friends who are.

Also the floating roof on the Escalade is an easy mod

tumblr_nde70uZA7a1s4977xo1_1280.jpg

The lack of a Coupe and Convertible is not holding Cadillac back. If anything it is helping them as coupes in general are languishing in sales in all classes right now.

They really need to get the details right on the CTS and ATS in the major make over. They then need to address the market with image and let it go till it grows to connect again with Cadillac. Even then the CUV and SUV models will dominate.

If they do a coupe it will need to be on the high end as they will sell in such low volumes the price will have to make up the profits. Lets face it the CTS and ATS coupe both really are rare sights as are most coupes outside the muscle coupes that are now on the decline in sales.

If you were to do a convertible I would love a proper Roadster with a good trunk to compete with the BMW roadster. Base it on the Alpha and price it to a place where people would be willing to give it a chance vs another $100K failure. This would also keep the Vette and it exclusive.

Cadillac does not have to compete with Benz and BMW on every level. They just need to build cars that work and build their image. They need to get products people will buy and not regret later.

This class is very socially aware and people often feel they are defined by what they drive. Cadillac needs to continue to improve the product to a level of no compromise or excuse and let the product earns its place back over the coming years. ATP is way up as are sales in China so it is not a matter of survival it is a matter of time and product.

Lets face it people like to drop the name BMW or Benz at a party and if you drop Cadillac people think you just do not measure up yet. Compelling products will bring that back but it will take time to earn that image and trust back.

Cadillac did not piss the image away over one year and one model and they will not get it back with one model and one year.

To be honest if they get the CUV models right people will give them a shot and the image will be earned back for the name covering the cars too. GM can make the best CUV models and Cadillac can ride these back to respectability.

You earn their respect and trust on a CUV and next time they buy a car it may be a Cadillac.

5 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Also the floating roof on the Escalade is an easy mod

tumblr_nde70uZA7a1s4977xo1_1280.jpg

Sexy as HELL! :metal:

20 minutes ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Entry level luxury coupe/sedan to compete with Audi A3... why do I get the sinking feeling this is going to be FWD.

I really hope not, but I do wonder after seeing the terrible badge job on Holden.

12 hours ago, hyperv6 said:

I'm sorry. I do love Cadillac, but I'm also IN LOVE with Cadillac. Like I wish it could have my baby and we settle down and live happily ever after with me never ever looking at another woman again kinda love. :wub:

That being said.. Yes.. Caddy NEEDS a coupe and convertible. The lack of these extravagant actually is holding the brand back. I bet great money that just the addition of Lexus' LC500 will instantly catapult that tired brand into more legitimate comparisons to Benz and BMW. In fact.. and this bewilders the shit out of me.. the previous Gen CTS's Coupe was doing the exact same thing for Cadillac. The loss of that car actually stumped their ascension. It wasn't about practicality.. it was about the "WOW.. look at that... Hold Up.. is that a Cadillac?" factor. Believe me.. as an ex-CTS-V Coupe owner I watched slobber lines trail even the most staunch German luxo lover like a snail leaves a trail on the sidewalk in the Spring.

Yes the CUV segment needs to be addressed. Obviously. That's announced. I covered it before with the whole "Cadillac 2 versus Mercedes 7 CUVs" talk above. They need them for sales.. but sales don't equal prestige.. which I really don't agree with U completely in terms of "name dropping at parties." LOL.. a very tired statement that car forum people like to use.. Either way.. I've been to these parties after pulling up.. and I have never not once in the last 8 years .. been belittled for owning and promoting owning Cadillacs. Very often having comments of "must be nice being able to.. " lobbed at me. The only time I've been asked why Cadillac and not BMW or Benz was when it was someone who was still in the mindset of the old DEVILLE Cadillacs. My current Caddy stops people in their tracks. A Coupe would have given them a heart attack.. a Vert??? Instant DEATH.

Again. CUVs for sales. Great CUVs with luxury as a priority. Niche cars are still a very necessary component.

8 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Becuse it could be.. but I doubt it considering the need to continue utilizing the RWD Alpha Platform.

Sexy as HELL! :metal:

and pretty easy to do. I might try to see what it looks like on the Yukon this weekend with some plastidip.

Refreshed XTS predictions: mild update to front and rear fascias. Base powertrain matches the Buick Lacrosse.  . slight interior nip and tuck. V-Sport dropped. Possibly the 3.0TT as option engine upgrade. Introduction of Cadillac's SuperCruise is a possibility, I've seen test mule XTSes in Pittsburgh and there is a lot of self driving car research going on here.

2 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

That being said.. Yes.. Caddy NEEDS a coupe and convertible. The lack of these extravagant actually is holding the brand back. I bet great money that just the addition of Lexus' LC500 will instantly catapult that tired brand into more legitimate comparisons to Benz and BMW. In fact.. and this bewilders the $h! out of me.. the previous Gen CTS's Coupe was doing the exact same thing for Cadillac. The loss of that car actually stumped their ascension. It wasn't about practicality.. it was about the "WOW.. look at that... Hold Up.. is that a Cadillac?" factor. Believe me.. as an ex-CTS-V Coupe owner I watched slobber lines trail even the most staunch German luxo lover like a snail leaves a trail on the sidewalk in the Spring.

Here is the deal. I want Cadillac to be the best damn car company in the world. Or at least in the segment they are in. But here is the problem.

No matter the make Coupe and Convertible sales are tanking. It is a segment that is a hard sell even if you have the best car in the eyes of the public. Cadillac has offered two coupes and a wagon that all sold in numbers hard to make a business case over.

Add to that it is not going to return prestige anymore than getting the other higher volume products right, The key now it to take the core product and return it to what it should be and let the customers come back to it and regain trust. If you can get a Sedan or CUV right the Coupe is going to languish.

Now if you want to do a coupe it almost needs to be a flagship model It has to be high end price wise to justify the expense for the low volume it will sell in. You would have a better chance there but even then so few people will see one as it will be in such small numbers.

BMW was built on a 3 series coupe and they moved to the sedan as the market did.  Today the coupe is only a token and may not last all that long for them.

As for going to parties no one is going to get in your face about driving a Cadillac. This is a image and mind set. They will not dis you but you are seen as the guy who could not afford the more expensive car. While Cadillac is changing this the self image of the car is still in recovery. It is not that they hate the car they just do not see it on the same level as the other cars.

Same thing applied to other cars like the Boxster for years screamed to many as you were the guy who could not afford the 911.

The new cars have advanced the Cadillac image and it is still in rehab yet. As I have said one car and one year will not undo decades of mistakes. Right now they need to get their core product back to being the best in class with no exceptions. They need to get Cadillac's image as one that people feel reflect in a positive nature on them.

The long and short of it is the cars have been seen as damaged for many years. the CUV on the other hand is new and there is no preconceived notions there. Add to that the Escalade image and the path may be through the coming CUV models to the image they need and the trust they need to gain.

While a coupe and Convertible is cool and I personally would love to see it I just do not see how you could even justify the cost of putting them out there based on the present market reactions to a coupe.

If you want a convertible do a sedan convertible. Who else has one? What was Cadillac well known for when they really mattered? Open touring cars. Now that is a real flagship.

@hyperv6 I totally agree with  you on Cadillac and would rather see the R&D spent on the Escalade and CUV lineup being the best in segment / Luxury Industry.

If a convertible needs to be done, high end for sure and a 4 door sedan convertible would be the way to do it in honor of the cadillacs of past and what people really wanted. That might even make me buy a car again if they did it right with room for us big folks.

4 door convertible :metal:

12 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Entry level luxury coupe/sedan to compete with Audi A3...

A3 ~
    overall length : 176"
    width : 71"
    weight : 3200-3600
    HP : 185-220
    MSRP : $32K

ATS~
    overall length : 183"
    width : 71"
    weight : 3400-3700
    HP : 272-335
    MSRP : $34K

Cadillac ALREADY HAS a car in the same segment as the A3!!
    Otherwise Cadillac is playing a marketing shell game and wasting precious funds to build a car 3" shorter and $2000 less.
    NOW, if the idea is to make the NEXT GEN ATS a bit smaller & (MUCH) less powerful (and hopefully NOT FWD), that's another discussion (regardless of the fact it would be going backwards in perception).
    But it would cataclysmically stupid to bring out ANOTHER sedan alongside the ATS.

3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

It should come standard with a bib and a drool bucket!

IMG_4426.JPG

Yup this is enough to make any person drool! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

2014-Cadillac-Ciel-Convertible.jpg

Cadillac-Ciel-Cabrio-8.jpg

Cadillac Ciel Doors.jpg

I honestly will never understand why Cadillac did not bring  this concept as is to market! :nono:

Well JDN has said publicly that he would like to go back to Cadillac roots and to do a flagship that would represent a car that Cadillac did so well. He stated a 4 door touring car was what they were known for back in the golden era and that no one today even tries to do one. He felt it was a way to make them stand out and highlight their past when it really meant something.

Just so happens they were working on a show car like this before he got here too. Hmm?

It is said the flagship is not a 4 door sedan and the latest show car is not production. Hmmm?

Edited by hyperv6

We need to start calling some of these "crossovers" like the GLA, QX30, GLE, X1, etc, what they really are.... hatchbacks.

Tall hatchbacks and tall wagons sell in the USA, like hatchbacks and wagons have sold in Europe the past 20 years.  With the exception of the GLE which I assume you mean the coupe version, is still pretty large, the rest are basically hatchbacks on stilts.  Lexus is coming out with a product for that segment also to replace the CT200 or whatever that hatchback thing they had was called.

Cadillac definitely needs a convertible, every luxury car company needs one.  Buick and Chevy have convertibles, how does Cadillac not?  It won't cost that much to make a convertible ATS or CTS, they already make a convertible on that platform, it isn't that hard.

I think the ATS will grow in size, as every car grows in size, and they easily could make a smaller than ATS car, although people don't buy the ATS because they say it is too small, so I don't know how many sales they are going to get.

Not sure why even bother with an XTS refresh, unless it is really mild and costs very little.  They have an abundance of sedans and the XTS is probably only being kept around to sell to funeral homes.

They need crossovers and more crossovers.  Like Cmicasa said, Mercedes is up to 7, and yet they are all selling better than they did when they had 3.  Lexus, Audi and BMW have more crossovers coming, the market is crazy for them.

The XTS sticks around because they still sell 3,000 of them a month and a lot of the parts are shared with other vehicles like the Lacrosse, XT5, and Impala, so it's relatively inexpensive to manufacture.

I see an unusual number of V-Sports here in Pittsburgh.

I think the ATS will grow in size, as every car grows in size,

I have to totally disagree with you on this statement.

The mistake is of auto companies and marketing groups that say you always have to grow. BS, As long as the car is in the right size inside and out for the class of auto, then leave the size alone and just always make it better.

Enlarging an auto is what has always screwed up the heritage and history of that auto.

Mustang and Camaro owners do not want a car the same size as an Eldorado with 2 doors.

We need to stop this lie that auto's will and must grow in size from generation to generation.

I see an unusual number of V-Sports here in Pittsburgh.

Drew, same here in Washington. I believe it is the baby boomers as my dad loves the XTS but my mom refuses to give up her SRX and hates how low the car is so my dad traded in his truck for an SRX so they have two now.

The XTS at the dealership I go to are almost all sports. They usually only have one lower tier and one or two higher. Seems according to my salesman that the bulk of buying is the v-sport. Crazy but cool I think.

After months of rumors and spy photos, Cadillac finally spilled the beans on their new high-performance CT4 and CT5 Blackwing. These new models are planned to give German rivals a bruising when they start arriving at dealers later this summer. Here is what we know.
      CT4 Blackwing
      The smaller of the two Blackwing models starts with a twin-turbo 3.6L V6 engine with 472 horsepower and 445 pound-feet of torque. To achieve this power, Cadillac upgraded the various internals with titanium connecting rods and a revised crankshaft. Power is routed to the rear-wheels by either a six-speed manual or ten-speed automatic. Performance figures are impressive with a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds (automatic transmission) and a top speed of 189 mph.
      In terms of handling, the CT4 Blackwing features an electronic limited-slip rear differential and latest version of Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 - Cadillac claims the latter is the quickest-reacting suspension in the world. A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires keep the vehicle glued to the road, while optional optional carbon ceramic brakes bring it to a quick stop.
      Visually, the CT4 Blackwing uses a new grille with larger openings to gobble up more air; functional fender vents, front splitter, and a rear spoiler. A carbon fiber package that claims to reduce aerodynamic lift by 214 percent is an option.
      CT5 Blackwing
      For those who want something a bit more mad can direct their attention to the CT5 Blackwing. Under its hood lies a massaged 6.2L supercharged V8 engine with 668 horsepower and 659 pound-feet of torque. Again, power is routed to the rear-wheels via a six-speed manual or ten-speed automatic. 0-60 mph takes 3.7 seconds (automatic transmission) and can cruise towards 200-plus mph.
      What does this massaged V8 engine have? For starters. there's a larger supercharger (1.7-liters), aluminum cylinder heads, titanium intake valves, and improved airflow.
      Like the CT4, the CT5 Blackwing gets Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and electronic limited-slip rear differential. A set of forged 19-inch wheels exclusive to the Blackwing come wrapped in a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.
      Outside, a new grille with larger openings to allow for more air, front splitter, and rear spoiler are the key changes to note. A carbon fiber package is optional.
      How Much?
      The CT4 Blackwing will set you back $59,990, and the larger CT5 Blackwing will cost $84,990. Both prices include a $995 destination charge. You can head down to your nearest Cadillac dealer to place a pre-order for either model right now.
      Source: Cadillac
      V-Series Blackwing: Ultimate Track Capability, Zero Compromise
      The 2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing, two of the most powerful Cadillacs ever, raise the bar on performance The 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing represent the pinnacle of Cadillac performance and craftsmanship, leveraging championship-winning racing heritage to create the most track-capable Cadillacs ever, while continuing to set new standards for luxury and comfort.
      Leveraging a Cadillac racing history that began in 1949 and has seen sustained success over the last two decades, the V-Series Blackwing models were developed with driver engagement and performance at the top of mind.
      “V-Series Blackwing stands for the very highest level of execution from Cadillac and offers a distinctly American vision of performance: incredible power and luxurious craftsmanship, with absolutely zero compromise,” said Brandon Vivian, executive chief engineer, Cadillac. “We looked to our championship-winning racing heritage and brought an uncompromising eye for detail to create two cars that elevate the V-Series experience.”
      V-Series Blackwing vehicles build on the already excellent performance dynamics of the CT5-V and CT4-V to create the top tier of the Cadillac sedan lineup.
      Highlights include:
      Evolutions of the track-ready Cadillac 6.2L Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing and 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 in the CT4-V Blackwing Upgraded TREMEC six-speed manual transmission standard Available 10-speed automatic transmission Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential enhanced to reduce mass and improve on-track reliability Advanced suspension refinements providing greater body control and a more agile feel Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, the world’s fastest reacting suspension technology, sharpening the balance between daily-driving comfort and high-performance track capability Unique structural enhancements improving steering response and handling on the track Cadillac’s largest ever factory-installed brakes, available on the CT5-V Blackwing Extensive validation including 12-hour and 24-hour track testing Customizable integrated digital gauge cluster with Custom Launch Control and Performance Traction Management settings Liberating performance
      The CT5-V Blackwing uses an upgraded 6.2L supercharged V8 that, thanks to a higher flow air-intake and revised exhaust system, is rated at 668 horsepower (498 kW) and 659 lb-ft of torque (893 Nm), making it the most powerful production Cadillac ever. Each engine is hand-built at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly facility in Kentucky and features a signed engine builder’s plate.
      The CT4-V Blackwing sports an evolution of the Cadillac 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 that features revised control system software and an improved air intake system to create 472 horsepower (352 kW) and 445 lb-ft of torque (603 Nm). The turbos’ low-inertia (titanium-aluminide) turbine wheels enable more precise and responsive application of torque throughout the rev range.
      Highlighted features and output:
      CT5-V Blackwing: 6.2L Supercharged V8 - 668 hp, 659 lb-ft of torque GM-estimated top track speed: over 200 mph GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.7 seconds (automatic transmission) Most powerful Cadillac ever Air intake airflow is improved by 46 percent vs. the CTS-V Compact, high-output 1.7L four-lobe Eaton supercharger with small-diameter rotors that enable boost to be generated earlier in the rpm band for instantaneous response Rotocast A356T6 aluminum cylinder heads are stronger and handle heat better than conventional aluminum-alloy heads Lightweight titanium intake valves Track-capable wet-sump oiling and vent system with external oil separator and drainback CT4-V Blackwing: 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 - 472 hp, 445 lb-ft of torque GM-estimated top speed: 189 mph GM-estimated 0-60 mph: 3.8 seconds (automatic transmission) Most powerful and fastest Cadillac in the subcompact class Air intake restriction is improved by 39 percent vs. the ATS-V Turbocharger compressors matched for peak efficiency at peak power for optimal track performance Titanium connecting rods (manual transmission only) and revised crankshaft counterweights reduce main/rod bearing reciprocating loads Re-targeted piston oil squirters, which direct engine oil at the bottoms of the pistons, for improved temperature control The manifold-integrated water-to-air charge cooling system contributes to more immediate torque response Airflow routing volume is reduced by 60 percent when compared to a conventional design that features a remotely mounted heat exchanger Track-capable braking systems
      Both V-Series Blackwing models feature advanced high-performance braking systems that have been extensively track and road-tested. The exclusive V-Series Blackwing wheel designs enable an even larger rotor over the previous CTS-V, making the CT5-V Blackwing braking system the largest factory-installed brakes in Cadillac history. Additionally, an available carbon-ceramic brake package for the CT5-V Blackwing, featuring cross-drilled rotors, deliver several benefits including weight savings, durability and heat management.
      Highlighted features:
      CT4-V Blackwing: 14.96 x 1.34-inch (380 X 34 mm) front rotors and 13.4 x 1.1-inch (340.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors CT5-V Blackwing: 15.67 x 1.42-inch (398 X 36 mm) front rotors and 14.7 x 1.1-inch (373.5 x 28 mm) rear rotors Staggered Brembo® six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers Available on the CT5-V Blackwing, the lightweight carbon-ceramic brake package significantly improves heat management, as well as greater resistance to wear under extreme conditions on the racetrack, while also reducing unsprung mass and rotating mass: 53-pound (24 kg) reduction in unsprung weight 62-pound (28 kg) reduction in rotating mass High-performance copper-free brake linings comply with California law and deliver superior fade resistance with an excellent pedal feel on and off the track Brake systems are integrated to each vehicles’ selectable drive modes, including brake pedal feel. Brake pedal feel can also be assigned within My-Mode and V-Mode Manual transmission is standard
      Rare for sport sedans today, a six-speed TREMEC manual transmission is standard on both vehicles. It has been optimized for each V-Series Blackwing vehicle to provide an engaging experience on the track or on the road. Details include:
      LuK twin-disc clutch for high torque capacity and great pedal feel Active Rev Matching accessible via a console mounted toggle switch to automatically adjust engine speed to match anticipated downshifts No-Lift Shift allowing the driver to shift gears without letting off the gas pedal. In the case of the CT4-V Blackwing, it allows the turbos to remain spooled, resulting in faster lap times Transmission and rear differential cooling – the manual and automatic transmissions use the same track-performance cooling system for greater track performance Clutch and brake pedals positioned for optimal driver ergonomics A physical barrier stop for the clutch pedal rather than a hydraulic master cylinder stop provides greater driver feedback during clutch operation A shorter shifter ratio than previous generations for more precise shifts Ten-speed automatic transmission
      The CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing are available with a 10-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. It is tuned to complement the dual-personality experience of each respective model.
      Highlighted features:
      Tap Shift/Manual Mode allowing the driver to use integrated magnesium paddle shifters to select a gear and hold it until selecting the next gear, up or down Sport Mode providing real-time interpretation of driving conditions, adjusting the transmission to reduce shift busyness and improve performance, while retaining aggressive driving dynamics Twenty-four-hour track testing resulted in several improvements in response to the demands of a high-g track environment, including a unique oil pan design and priority valve changes Unique control systems with performance calibrations tailored for each model Ten forward gears offer the most available transmission speeds in each sedans’ respective segments, helping keep the engines within their optimal rpm bands, while also anticipating the next shifts Dynamic Performance Mode is calibrated specifically for V-Series Blackwing to deliver track focused shift patterns and automatically activates when high-g forces are experienced in Sport or Track mode An auxiliary pump primes the automatic transmission system from the time the vehicle door is opened for improved cold-shift performance. Both V-Series Blackwing models also feature an enhanced Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential. It weighs less and has been optimized for each driving mode and each Performance Traction Management setting.
      Highlighted features:
      More control of the rear differential compared to traditional open and mechanical limited-slip differentials Enhances road grip by automatically allocating torque to the rear wheel with the most traction during hard cornering — with the capability of sending up to 1,475 lb-ft (2,000 Nm) of locking torque across the axle High-performance differential cooler An aluminum housing replacing the previous generation cast iron housing, reducing mass by more than 22 pounds (10 kg) Exclusive integrated heat exchanger for enhanced cooling Advanced suspension systems and strengthened chassis
      V-Series Blackwing combines the fourth generation of Magnetic Ride Control (MR 4.0), with improvements to the front and rear suspension systems. Stiffer spring rates, unique hollow stabilizer bars, higher-rate bushings and more enable a driving experience that isolates the driver from road imperfections, while also providing a precise, engaging connection with the road.
      MR 4.0 highlights:
      Immense performance envelope that gave Cadillac engineers the freedom to optimize everyday driving and aggressive track performance New accelerometers and an inertial measurement unit that transmit and process changes in road conditions four times faster than the previous generation system Secondary temperature maps that enable engineers to compensate for changes in damper fluid temperature for more consistent performance, even during performance driving Inertial measurement unit that provides more precise measurements of body motion relative to the wheel for more accurate readings under heavy braking, hard cornering and other driving conditions Improved magnetic flux control that creates a more consistent and accurate transition between rebound and compression Improvements to transient body control that allow the vehicle to remain more level while transitioning between corners MacPherson strut front suspension:
      Ride link includes an all-new 100-percent elastomer bushing on the CT4-V Blackwing and a retuned hydro bushing on the CT5-V Blackwing, for improved ride response Handling link has cross-axis ball joints for improved lateral control and quicker steering response Five-link independent rear suspension:
      Lateral link features stiffer bushings for faster response and increased cornering agility Toe link has cross-axis ball joints for increased stability and driver confidence Rear knuckles have increased stiffness for improved braking and better control during cornering Rear cradle mounts have been stiffened for optimum balance between road comfort and track performance V-Series Blackwing models are built on Cadillac’s award-winning rear-wheel drive architecture and feature unique structural enhancements including shock tower braces, an underside shear plate and thicker rear cross members to improve chassis rigidity. Along with the unique suspension elements, the stiffer structure enhances steering response, handling and the everyday driving experience.
      All-day performance, on and off the track
      The CT5-V Blackwing and CT4-V Blackwing build on Cadillac’s racing heritage and were developed to be track-capable straight from the factory. That includes an intensive validation program to ensure consistent performance during the most challenging track conditions.
      Validation for both models included:
      Twenty-four-hour continuous track testing with the available automatic transmission, available carbon fiber aero package, aluminum wheels and available carbon ceramic brake package Twelve-hour continuous track testing with the standard manual transmission, available carbon fiber aero package, aluminum wheels and available carbon ceramic brake package Functional aerodynamics, including an available carbon fiber aero package, contribute to the V-Series Blackwing models’ track prowess to support a variety of cooling needs for the cars’ respective engines, transmissions, axles and other supporting systems.
      Additionally, MICHELIN® Pilot Sport 4S tires developed exclusively for the V-Series Blackwing models contribute to their balance of track capability and road comfort. Highlights include:
      Unique, multiple-compound tread composition: Contact patch composed of three unique tread rubber compounds Racing “R compound” used for the majority of the tread Compounds optimized for wet traction, enhanced street and track durability, as well as rolling resistance The mold shape of the tire has been specifically engineered for Blackwing models to optimize contact with the road Tire sizes: CT5-V Blackwing tire size: 275/35ZR19 (front) and 305/30ZR19 (rear) CT4-V Blackwing tire size: 255/35ZR18 (front) and 275/35ZR18 (rear) Both V-Series Blackwing vehicles feature standard forged aluminum alloy wheels with staggered widths, front to rear. These forged wheels are stronger and lighter than conventional cast aluminum.
      Wheel sizes:
      CT5-V Blackwing: Front – 19 x 10 inches / Rear – 19 x 11 inches CT4-V Blackwing: Front – 18 x 9 inches / Rear – 18 x 9.5 inches Coming this summer
      Reservations for both vehicles open on Feb. 1, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. ET on Cadillac.com, with deliveries later this summer. Pricing begins at $59,9901 for the CT4-V Blackwing and $84,9901 for the CT5-V Blackwing.
      CT4 Blackwing
      Highlighted features:
      MR 4.0 highlights:
      All-day performance, on and off the track
      Validation for both models included:
      Wheel sizes:

• By David
      Here you will find the latest teaser videos from Cadillac.
      Cadillac CELESTIQ
      Cadillac-CELESTIQ-Teaser.mp4
      Cadillac BLACKWING teaser
      BLACKWING-teaser.mp4
      Will add more teasers as Cadillac releases them.

Here is the link for the Cadillac BLACKWING Reveal on February 1st 2021 @ 7pm EST.
      Cadillac Pressroom - United States - V-Series Blackwing
      It is no secret that General Motors has big ambitions in the electric car space, we talked about back in March. But our chance to see to see the first fruits of this, the Cadillac Lyriq had been delayed due to COVID-19 pandemic. But tonight, Cadillac finally revealed the Lyriq in show car form.
      "Show Car" is important in this context as Cadillac is finalizing various parts of the Lyriq's design - various reports say the design is 80 to 85 percent production ready. This may explain why Cadillac isn't launching the model until late-2022. The design is quite out there with a large pattern grille, vertical LED headlamps, fastback roofline, and rear lights that wrap around the pillars. Moving inside, the center piece is a curved, 33-inch display that features driver information and infotainment. There is also a dual-pane head-up display that can display different information - the nearest one can show speed and direction, while the further one can issue alerts and navigation.
      Cadillac hasn't released any power figures on the Lyriq, only saying that it will offer two drivetrain versions; rear-wheel drive with a single electric motor and all-wheel drive with two electric motors. A new modular platform for electric vehicles promises a low-center of gravity and a near 50/50 weight distribution for the all-wheel drive version. Range is targeted at over 300 miles. Cadillac says the production model will offer DC fast charging.
      Source: Cadillac
      Press Release is on Page 2

LYRIQ Show Car Leads Cadillac Into Electric Future
      The brand’s first all-electric vehicle introduces a new era in luxury, technology and zero-tailpipe-emissions performance Cadillac’s introduction of its electric portfolio begins today with the debut of the LYRIQ show car — a dynamic, modern and fully electric luxury crossover.
      The propulsion system and supporting technologies position Cadillac to be a leader in electrification, connectivity and automated driving, all delivered with thrilling performance and a new threshold in technology integration.
      “Led by LYRIQ, Cadillac will redefine American luxury over the next decade with a new portfolio of transformative EVs,” said Steve Carlisle, executive vice president and president, GM North America. “We will deliver experiences that engage the senses, anticipate desires and enable our customers to go on extraordinary journeys.”
      The LYRIQ is based on GM’s next-generation, modular electric vehicle platform and driven by the Ultium propulsion system, allowing Cadillac to deliver customers a variety of range and performance options. With range being one of the biggest factors when it comes to selecting an EV, we’re designing LYRIQ to offer beyond 300 miles of range on a full charge, based on internal testing1. Performance and technology highlights include:
      Charging options that fit a variety of preferences for home, the workplace and on the road — including DC fast charging rates over 150 kilowatts and Level 2 charging rates up to 19 kW2. Rear-wheel drive and performance all-wheel drive configurations. The latest version of Super Cruise3, the industry’s first truly hands-free driver assistance feature, available on more than 200,000 miles of compatible highways and recently enhanced to include automated lane change. New technologies such as dual-plane augmented reality-enhanced head-up display and remote self-parking. The brand’s most seamless and adaptive technology interaction with the driver and passengers, including the latest Cadillac user experience, which is showcased in a 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED screen the spans the entire viewing area of the driver. “LYRIQ was conceived to make every journey exhilarating and leverages more than a century of innovation to drive the brand into a new era, while rewarding passengers with a more personal, connected and immersive experience,” said Jamie Brewer, Cadillac LYRIQ chief engineer. “To do this we developed an architecture specifically for EVs.  It is not only an exceptional EV, but first and foremost a Cadillac.”
      LIBERATING PERFORMANCE
      Some luxury EVs today feature adapted traditional internal combustion engine architecture, that is not the case with LYRIQ. Cadillac’s all-new, modular EV platform on which the LYRIQ is based is the foundation for its liberating performance. With a dedicated EV architecture, its design eliminates significant physical constraints associated with adapting electric propulsion within a conventional vehicle architecture, for an optimized design that supports greater driving range, an engaging driving experience and a new interpretation of passenger space.
      Within the LYRIQ, the Ultium battery system is a structural element of the architecture, integrated in ways that contribute to ride and handling, as well as safety. In fact, the lower center of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution enabled by the placement of the battery pack results in a vehicle that’s sporty, responsive and allows for spirited driving.
      Additionally, the LYRIQ is driven primarily by the rear wheels, with a performance all-wheel drive option available. The placement of the drive motor at the rear of the vehicle contributes an even greater feeling of balance and agility — attributes that affirm Cadillac’s longstanding commitment to satisfying performance. It also enables the system to channel more torque to the pavement without wheelspin for exhilarating acceleration and greater cornering capability. Vehicles equipped with performance all-wheel drive go a step further, with a second drive unit placed at the front of the vehicle, which allows for a significant amount of tuning flexibility, enhancing vehicle dynamics and performance for drivers.
      ALL-NEW ULTIUM BATTERY SYSTEM
      The Cadillac LYRIQ is powered by GM’s new Ultium battery system, which offers approximately 100 kilowatt-hours of energy to deliver stirring performance.
      Ultium’s state-of-the-art NCMA (nickel-cobalt-manganese-aluminum) chemistry uses aluminum in the cathode to help reduce the need for rare-earth materials such as cobalt. In fact, GM engineers reduced the cobalt content by more than 70 percent, compared to current GM batteries.
      The advanced battery chemistry is packed in large, flat pouch cells that enable smart module construction to reduce complexity and simplify cooling needs. Additionally, the battery electronics are incorporated directly into the modules, eliminating nearly 90 percent of the battery pack wiring, compared to GM’s current electric vehicles.
      When it comes to charging, LYRIQ offers quick and convenient charging options whether at home or on the go. With DC fast charging, the LYRIQ can charge at rates over 150 kW.
      ARTFULLY INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY
      Envisioned to make interaction with its technologies more intuitive and rewarding, the LYRIQ’s partnership with the driver and passengers is simultaneously energizing and artful.
      Upon approach, the LYRIQ recognizes the driver and initiates a “greeting” with a choreographed lighting sequence, while also preparing the cabin for the journey, including seat, mirror and climate system adjustments. Once inside, the LYRIQ offers Cadillac’s highest level of driver information, infotainment and connectivity integration, for a more seamless and rewarding experience.
      A 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display artfully integrates a single, large screen that spans the viewing area for the driver and incorporates driver information details, infotainment controls and camera views. This new display has the highest pixel density available in the automotive industry today and can display over one billion colors, 64 times more than any other vehicle in the automotive industry, providing a stunning in-vehicle experience unlike anything seen before from Cadillac.
      Additional technology and interactive highlights include:
      Battery and charging monitoring conveyed by easy, at-a-glance graphics. The system identifies the vehicle’s energy needs at home and on the go, according to owner preferences, while also monitoring and forecasting energy consumption and providing charging suggestions. New dual-plane augmented reality-enhanced head-up display employs two planes: a near plane indicating speed, direction and more, and a far plane displaying transparent navigation signals and other important alerts. The latest version of Super Cruise, the hands-free driver assistance feature, including automated lane change.3 Supervised remote parking that uses ultrasonic sensors to help the LYRIQ park itself in parallel or perpendicular parking spaces — whether the driver is inside or outside of the vehicle.4 SENSE OF SOUND
      LYRIQ’s technology also addresses sound in two important ways: Blocking unwanted sounds and making the most of the sounds passengers want to hear.
      For the first time, Cadillac will introduce a new road noise cancellation technology, which takes active noise cancellation to the next level by introducing more microphones and accelerometers, which improve noise cancellation abilities. With this new system, Cadillac’s performance and audio engineers can target the frequency range of tire cavity noise, reducing the noise level in the vehicle and allowing for a quieter in-cabin experience.
      The Cadillac LYRIQ builds on the brand’s exclusive partnership with AKG. “With LYRIQ we wanted to deliver a sound experience that would transport the driver from a vehicle into a recording studio,” said Hussein Khalil, Cadillac lead audio design release engineer. “With the AKG sound system, we are able to deliver this experience along with the quality and reliability luxury customers expect.”
      At launch, LYRIQ will offer a 19-speaker AKG Studio audio system that delivers exceptionally crisp and precise sound reproduction, enabling drivers and passengers to enjoy their favorite music.
      NEW FACE OF CADILLAC
      Cadillac’s first electric SUV makes a bold design statement that introduces a new face, proportion and presence for the brand’s new generation of EVs. It’s a forward-looking vision unconstrained by the needs of a traditional internal combustion engine and driveline.
      “The LYRIQ represents the next iteration of the iconic brand’s styling, enabled by electrification, as only Cadillac can express,” said Andrew Smith, executive director, Global Cadillac Design. “Inside and out, LYRIQ is a thoughtful integration of design and technology and is intended to make every drive an occasion.”
      Defined by taut lines and clean surfaces, LYRIQ is assertive and modern, characterized with a low, fast roofline and wide stance that emphasize agility and convey confidence. Additional details such as a flow-through roof spoiler express the careful attention paid to aerodynamics to optimize efficiency on the highway.
      A distinctive “black crystal” grille in the front is one of the LYRIQ’s most unique and expressive design elements. It is also a dynamic feature, as it is part of a dramatic lighting choreography that — along with bold vertical, slim LED signature lighting — greets the owner upon approach. At the rear, a split taillamp design incorporates slim LEDs that are also integrated into the lighting choreography.
      Inside, the LYRIQ’s new electric vehicle architecture opens up possibilities in vehicle spaciousness and design; and Cadillac designers used this as an opportunity to rethink how to use the space and where to locate various interior elements.
      The result is a more airy, minimalistic design that does more to involve the driver and passengers in the driving experience while offering exceptional functionality when it comes to storage solutions. It is also brimming with subtle yet obsessive details such as backlit speaker grilles, curved screens with hidden storage and, like the exterior, orchestrated lighting features.

Source: Cadillac
      Press Release is on Page 2

LYRIQ Show Car Leads Cadillac Into Electric Future
      LIBERATING PERFORMANCE
      ALL-NEW ULTIUM BATTERY SYSTEM
      ARTFULLY INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY
      Additional technology and interactive highlights include:
      NEW FACE OF CADILLAC

1. marthawilliam
      marthawilliam
    2. seomelbourne
      seomelbourne

There are no registered users currently online