Cadillac Says A Refreshed XTS Coming This Year, New Products Beginning In Second Half of 2018

Cadillac has crossovers coming! But they won't be here till the second-half of 2018

If there is one issue that is top of mind for various folks at Cadillac, it is the lack of crossovers. Their sedan-heavy lineup isn't doing them any favors in a marketplace crazy for crossovers and SUVs. The brand does have some breathing room thanks to increasing sales in China, but they know they need crossovers now.

“It’s left us with the obvious difficulty. The core part of our volume lineup is in the market that’s contracting while we are unable, as good as XT5 and Escalade are, we are unable to fully exploit the updraft that’s taking place in the other half of the market,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen to The Detroit News.

The bad news is the first of a handful will not arrive till the second half of 2018 according to de Nysschen. The first is a model that will be smaller than the XT5, what we believe will be called the XT3. Some analysts believe the XT3 will be built at Fairfax Assembly Plant in Kansas City, Kansas. Then a full-size crossover slotted between the XT5 and Escalade will come next. We think this could be the sister model to the Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave. Finally, de Nysschen hinted that an even smaller crossover could arrive after 2020.

That doesn't mean Cadillac isn't working on their sedan lineup either. The XTS is expected to get a refresh later this year. Cadillac will also be launching a sedan to compete with the likes of the Audi A3 and Mercedes-Benz CLA in 2019. A coupe and convertible will join the sedan around the same time. de Nysschen explained the entry-level luxury marketplace is growing and the company wants a piece of it.

Source: The Detroit News

I agree that they need a deeper CUV lineup, not sure about the car lineup. I honestly do not see a need for the convertible. Coupe yea, but convertible is such a small dying market that why waste the R&D dollars when there are far better areas to spend it in.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Coupe and Convertible are definitely necessary. Its part of what is holding Cadillac back in terms of prestige. In fact.. I believe Cadillac should have a convertible in CT3, CT5, and CT6 (or CT8) no different than Benz. Quite frankly Cadillac's line-up, BARRING the cheap compliance and mainstream cars from Benz, should be pretty much the SAME as Benzo's.

49 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Guess living in a rainy state with money, I rarely see a convertible, but plenty of coupes. I honestly cannot say when I last saw a convertible from Benz, BMW or really any other car brand except Mustang and Camaro.

I will say that Silver Escalade is sexy. Imagine if the C pillar was black rather than silver and you would have a long floating roof on it till you got to the sexy tail lights. :wub:

I see them all the time here in Maryland especially because of the fact that we really only have three seasons and we get pretty nice Sunshine days from March to October.  Regardless... a luxo brand should not be all about practicality to be frank.  Exuberance is a necessity. A convertible is more of an expression of opulence than even a sports car. Especially if your 4 seater is rolling down the freeway,  top down and just one occupant.  And mind U...  I'm not a convertible buyer,  but I have a crazy amount of friends who are.

Also the floating roof on the Escalade is an easy mod

tumblr_nde70uZA7a1s4977xo1_1280.jpg

The lack of a Coupe and Convertible is not holding Cadillac back. If anything it is helping them as coupes in general are languishing in sales in all classes right now.

They really need to get the details right on the CTS and ATS in the major make over. They then need to address the market with image and let it go till it grows to connect again with Cadillac. Even then the CUV and SUV models will dominate.

If they do a coupe it will need to be on the high end as they will sell in such low volumes the price will have to make up the profits. Lets face it the CTS and ATS coupe both really are rare sights as are most coupes outside the muscle coupes that are now on the decline in sales.

If you were to do a convertible I would love a proper Roadster with a good trunk to compete with the BMW roadster. Base it on the Alpha and price it to a place where people would be willing to give it a chance vs another $100K failure. This would also keep the Vette and it exclusive.

Cadillac does not have to compete with Benz and BMW on every level. They just need to build cars that work and build their image. They need to get products people will buy and not regret later.

This class is very socially aware and people often feel they are defined by what they drive. Cadillac needs to continue to improve the product to a level of no compromise or excuse and let the product earns its place back over the coming years. ATP is way up as are sales in China so it is not a matter of survival it is a matter of time and product.

Lets face it people like to drop the name BMW or Benz at a party and if you drop Cadillac people think you just do not measure up yet. Compelling products will bring that back but it will take time to earn that image and trust back.

Cadillac did not piss the image away over one year and one model and they will not get it back with one model and one year.

To be honest if they get the CUV models right people will give them a shot and the image will be earned back for the name covering the cars too. GM can make the best CUV models and Cadillac can ride these back to respectability.

You earn their respect and trust on a CUV and next time they buy a car it may be a Cadillac.

5 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Also the floating roof on the Escalade is an easy mod

tumblr_nde70uZA7a1s4977xo1_1280.jpg

Sexy as HELL! :metal:

20 minutes ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Entry level luxury coupe/sedan to compete with Audi A3... why do I get the sinking feeling this is going to be FWD.

I really hope not, but I do wonder after seeing the terrible badge job on Holden.

12 hours ago, hyperv6 said:

I'm sorry. I do love Cadillac, but I'm also IN LOVE with Cadillac. Like I wish it could have my baby and we settle down and live happily ever after with me never ever looking at another woman again kinda love. :wub:

That being said.. Yes.. Caddy NEEDS a coupe and convertible. The lack of these extravagant actually is holding the brand back. I bet great money that just the addition of Lexus' LC500 will instantly catapult that tired brand into more legitimate comparisons to Benz and BMW. In fact.. and this bewilders the shit out of me.. the previous Gen CTS's Coupe was doing the exact same thing for Cadillac. The loss of that car actually stumped their ascension. It wasn't about practicality.. it was about the "WOW.. look at that... Hold Up.. is that a Cadillac?" factor. Believe me.. as an ex-CTS-V Coupe owner I watched slobber lines trail even the most staunch German luxo lover like a snail leaves a trail on the sidewalk in the Spring.

Yes the CUV segment needs to be addressed. Obviously. That's announced. I covered it before with the whole "Cadillac 2 versus Mercedes 7 CUVs" talk above. They need them for sales.. but sales don't equal prestige.. which I really don't agree with U completely in terms of "name dropping at parties." LOL.. a very tired statement that car forum people like to use.. Either way.. I've been to these parties after pulling up.. and I have never not once in the last 8 years .. been belittled for owning and promoting owning Cadillacs. Very often having comments of "must be nice being able to.. " lobbed at me. The only time I've been asked why Cadillac and not BMW or Benz was when it was someone who was still in the mindset of the old DEVILLE Cadillacs. My current Caddy stops people in their tracks. A Coupe would have given them a heart attack.. a Vert??? Instant DEATH.

Again. CUVs for sales. Great CUVs with luxury as a priority. Niche cars are still a very necessary component.

8 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Becuse it could be.. but I doubt it considering the need to continue utilizing the RWD Alpha Platform.

Sexy as HELL! :metal:

and pretty easy to do. I might try to see what it looks like on the Yukon this weekend with some plastidip.

Refreshed XTS predictions: mild update to front and rear fascias. Base powertrain matches the Buick Lacrosse.  . slight interior nip and tuck. V-Sport dropped. Possibly the 3.0TT as option engine upgrade. Introduction of Cadillac's SuperCruise is a possibility, I've seen test mule XTSes in Pittsburgh and there is a lot of self driving car research going on here.

2 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

That being said.. Yes.. Caddy NEEDS a coupe and convertible. The lack of these extravagant actually is holding the brand back. I bet great money that just the addition of Lexus' LC500 will instantly catapult that tired brand into more legitimate comparisons to Benz and BMW. In fact.. and this bewilders the $h! out of me.. the previous Gen CTS's Coupe was doing the exact same thing for Cadillac. The loss of that car actually stumped their ascension. It wasn't about practicality.. it was about the "WOW.. look at that... Hold Up.. is that a Cadillac?" factor. Believe me.. as an ex-CTS-V Coupe owner I watched slobber lines trail even the most staunch German luxo lover like a snail leaves a trail on the sidewalk in the Spring.

Here is the deal. I want Cadillac to be the best damn car company in the world. Or at least in the segment they are in. But here is the problem.

No matter the make Coupe and Convertible sales are tanking. It is a segment that is a hard sell even if you have the best car in the eyes of the public. Cadillac has offered two coupes and a wagon that all sold in numbers hard to make a business case over.

Add to that it is not going to return prestige anymore than getting the other higher volume products right, The key now it to take the core product and return it to what it should be and let the customers come back to it and regain trust. If you can get a Sedan or CUV right the Coupe is going to languish.

Now if you want to do a coupe it almost needs to be a flagship model It has to be high end price wise to justify the expense for the low volume it will sell in. You would have a better chance there but even then so few people will see one as it will be in such small numbers.

BMW was built on a 3 series coupe and they moved to the sedan as the market did.  Today the coupe is only a token and may not last all that long for them.

As for going to parties no one is going to get in your face about driving a Cadillac. This is a image and mind set. They will not dis you but you are seen as the guy who could not afford the more expensive car. While Cadillac is changing this the self image of the car is still in recovery. It is not that they hate the car they just do not see it on the same level as the other cars.

Same thing applied to other cars like the Boxster for years screamed to many as you were the guy who could not afford the 911.

The new cars have advanced the Cadillac image and it is still in rehab yet. As I have said one car and one year will not undo decades of mistakes. Right now they need to get their core product back to being the best in class with no exceptions. They need to get Cadillac's image as one that people feel reflect in a positive nature on them.

The long and short of it is the cars have been seen as damaged for many years. the CUV on the other hand is new and there is no preconceived notions there. Add to that the Escalade image and the path may be through the coming CUV models to the image they need and the trust they need to gain.

While a coupe and Convertible is cool and I personally would love to see it I just do not see how you could even justify the cost of putting them out there based on the present market reactions to a coupe.

If you want a convertible do a sedan convertible. Who else has one? What was Cadillac well known for when they really mattered? Open touring cars. Now that is a real flagship.

@hyperv6 I totally agree with  you on Cadillac and would rather see the R&D spent on the Escalade and CUV lineup being the best in segment / Luxury Industry.

If a convertible needs to be done, high end for sure and a 4 door sedan convertible would be the way to do it in honor of the cadillacs of past and what people really wanted. That might even make me buy a car again if they did it right with room for us big folks.

4 door convertible :metal:

20 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I'm just sayin'

IMG_4426.JPG

Sexy as Hell! :metal:

This is a true example of "If you build it they will cum!"

Sexy as Hell! :metal:

This is a true example of "If you build it they will cum!"

It should come standard with a bib and a drool bucket!

IMG_4426.JPG

12 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Entry level luxury coupe/sedan to compete with Audi A3...

A3 ~
    overall length : 176"
    width : 71"
    weight : 3200-3600
    HP : 185-220
    MSRP : $32K

ATS~
    overall length : 183"
    width : 71"
    weight : 3400-3700
    HP : 272-335
    MSRP : $34K

Cadillac ALREADY HAS a car in the same segment as the A3!!
    Otherwise Cadillac is playing a marketing shell game and wasting precious funds to build a car 3" shorter and $2000 less.
    NOW, if the idea is to make the NEXT GEN ATS a bit smaller & (MUCH) less powerful (and hopefully NOT FWD), that's another discussion (regardless of the fact it would be going backwards in perception).
    But it would cataclysmically stupid to bring out ANOTHER sedan alongside the ATS.

3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

It should come standard with a bib and a drool bucket!

IMG_4426.JPG

Yup this is enough to make any person drool! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

2014-Cadillac-Ciel-Convertible.jpg

Cadillac-Ciel-Cabrio-8.jpg

Cadillac Ciel Doors.jpg

I honestly will never understand why Cadillac did not bring  this concept as is to market! :nono:

Well JDN has said publicly that he would like to go back to Cadillac roots and to do a flagship that would represent a car that Cadillac did so well. He stated a 4 door touring car was what they were known for back in the golden era and that no one today even tries to do one. He felt it was a way to make them stand out and highlight their past when it really meant something.

Just so happens they were working on a show car like this before he got here too. Hmm?

It is said the flagship is not a 4 door sedan and the latest show car is not production. Hmmm?

Edited by hyperv6

We need to start calling some of these "crossovers" like the GLA, QX30, GLE, X1, etc, what they really are.... hatchbacks.

Tall hatchbacks and tall wagons sell in the USA, like hatchbacks and wagons have sold in Europe the past 20 years.  With the exception of the GLE which I assume you mean the coupe version, is still pretty large, the rest are basically hatchbacks on stilts.  Lexus is coming out with a product for that segment also to replace the CT200 or whatever that hatchback thing they had was called.

Cadillac definitely needs a convertible, every luxury car company needs one.  Buick and Chevy have convertibles, how does Cadillac not?  It won't cost that much to make a convertible ATS or CTS, they already make a convertible on that platform, it isn't that hard.

I think the ATS will grow in size, as every car grows in size, and they easily could make a smaller than ATS car, although people don't buy the ATS because they say it is too small, so I don't know how many sales they are going to get.

Not sure why even bother with an XTS refresh, unless it is really mild and costs very little.  They have an abundance of sedans and the XTS is probably only being kept around to sell to funeral homes.

They need crossovers and more crossovers.  Like Cmicasa said, Mercedes is up to 7, and yet they are all selling better than they did when they had 3.  Lexus, Audi and BMW have more crossovers coming, the market is crazy for them.

The XTS sticks around because they still sell 3,000 of them a month and a lot of the parts are shared with other vehicles like the Lacrosse, XT5, and Impala, so it's relatively inexpensive to manufacture.

I see an unusual number of V-Sports here in Pittsburgh.

I think the ATS will grow in size, as every car grows in size,

I have to totally disagree with you on this statement.

The mistake is of auto companies and marketing groups that say you always have to grow. BS, As long as the car is in the right size inside and out for the class of auto, then leave the size alone and just always make it better.

Enlarging an auto is what has always screwed up the heritage and history of that auto.

Mustang and Camaro owners do not want a car the same size as an Eldorado with 2 doors.

We need to stop this lie that auto's will and must grow in size from generation to generation.

I see an unusual number of V-Sports here in Pittsburgh.

Drew, same here in Washington. I believe it is the baby boomers as my dad loves the XTS but my mom refuses to give up her SRX and hates how low the car is so my dad traded in his truck for an SRX so they have two now.

The XTS at the dealership I go to are almost all sports. They usually only have one lower tier and one or two higher. Seems according to my salesman that the bulk of buying is the v-sport. Crazy but cool I think.

It is no secret that General Motors has big ambitions in the electric car space, we talked about back in March. But our chance to see to see the first fruits of this, the Cadillac Lyriq had been delayed due to COVID-19 pandemic. But tonight, Cadillac finally revealed the Lyriq in show car form.
      "Show Car" is important in this context as Cadillac is finalizing various parts of the Lyriq's design - various reports say the design is 80 to 85 percent production ready. This may explain why Cadillac isn't launching the model until late-2022. The design is quite out there with a large pattern grille, vertical LED headlamps, fastback roofline, and rear lights that wrap around the pillars. Moving inside, the center piece is a curved, 33-inch display that features driver information and infotainment. There is also a dual-pane head-up display that can display different information - the nearest one can show speed and direction, while the further one can issue alerts and navigation.
      Cadillac hasn't released any power figures on the Lyriq, only saying that it will offer two drivetrain versions; rear-wheel drive with a single electric motor and all-wheel drive with two electric motors. A new modular platform for electric vehicles promises a low-center of gravity and a near 50/50 weight distribution for the all-wheel drive version. Range is targeted at over 300 miles. Cadillac says the production model will offer DC fast charging.
      Source: Cadillac
      Press Release is on Page 2

LYRIQ Show Car Leads Cadillac Into Electric Future
      The brand’s first all-electric vehicle introduces a new era in luxury, technology and zero-tailpipe-emissions performance Cadillac’s introduction of its electric portfolio begins today with the debut of the LYRIQ show car — a dynamic, modern and fully electric luxury crossover.
      The propulsion system and supporting technologies position Cadillac to be a leader in electrification, connectivity and automated driving, all delivered with thrilling performance and a new threshold in technology integration.
      “Led by LYRIQ, Cadillac will redefine American luxury over the next decade with a new portfolio of transformative EVs,” said Steve Carlisle, executive vice president and president, GM North America. “We will deliver experiences that engage the senses, anticipate desires and enable our customers to go on extraordinary journeys.”
      The LYRIQ is based on GM’s next-generation, modular electric vehicle platform and driven by the Ultium propulsion system, allowing Cadillac to deliver customers a variety of range and performance options. With range being one of the biggest factors when it comes to selecting an EV, we’re designing LYRIQ to offer beyond 300 miles of range on a full charge, based on internal testing1. Performance and technology highlights include:
      Charging options that fit a variety of preferences for home, the workplace and on the road — including DC fast charging rates over 150 kilowatts and Level 2 charging rates up to 19 kW2. Rear-wheel drive and performance all-wheel drive configurations. The latest version of Super Cruise3, the industry’s first truly hands-free driver assistance feature, available on more than 200,000 miles of compatible highways and recently enhanced to include automated lane change. New technologies such as dual-plane augmented reality-enhanced head-up display and remote self-parking. The brand’s most seamless and adaptive technology interaction with the driver and passengers, including the latest Cadillac user experience, which is showcased in a 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED screen the spans the entire viewing area of the driver. “LYRIQ was conceived to make every journey exhilarating and leverages more than a century of innovation to drive the brand into a new era, while rewarding passengers with a more personal, connected and immersive experience,” said Jamie Brewer, Cadillac LYRIQ chief engineer. “To do this we developed an architecture specifically for EVs.  It is not only an exceptional EV, but first and foremost a Cadillac.”
      LIBERATING PERFORMANCE
      Some luxury EVs today feature adapted traditional internal combustion engine architecture, that is not the case with LYRIQ. Cadillac’s all-new, modular EV platform on which the LYRIQ is based is the foundation for its liberating performance. With a dedicated EV architecture, its design eliminates significant physical constraints associated with adapting electric propulsion within a conventional vehicle architecture, for an optimized design that supports greater driving range, an engaging driving experience and a new interpretation of passenger space.
      Within the LYRIQ, the Ultium battery system is a structural element of the architecture, integrated in ways that contribute to ride and handling, as well as safety. In fact, the lower center of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution enabled by the placement of the battery pack results in a vehicle that’s sporty, responsive and allows for spirited driving.
      Additionally, the LYRIQ is driven primarily by the rear wheels, with a performance all-wheel drive option available. The placement of the drive motor at the rear of the vehicle contributes an even greater feeling of balance and agility — attributes that affirm Cadillac’s longstanding commitment to satisfying performance. It also enables the system to channel more torque to the pavement without wheelspin for exhilarating acceleration and greater cornering capability. Vehicles equipped with performance all-wheel drive go a step further, with a second drive unit placed at the front of the vehicle, which allows for a significant amount of tuning flexibility, enhancing vehicle dynamics and performance for drivers.
      ALL-NEW ULTIUM BATTERY SYSTEM
      The Cadillac LYRIQ is powered by GM’s new Ultium battery system, which offers approximately 100 kilowatt-hours of energy to deliver stirring performance.
      Ultium’s state-of-the-art NCMA (nickel-cobalt-manganese-aluminum) chemistry uses aluminum in the cathode to help reduce the need for rare-earth materials such as cobalt. In fact, GM engineers reduced the cobalt content by more than 70 percent, compared to current GM batteries.
      The advanced battery chemistry is packed in large, flat pouch cells that enable smart module construction to reduce complexity and simplify cooling needs. Additionally, the battery electronics are incorporated directly into the modules, eliminating nearly 90 percent of the battery pack wiring, compared to GM’s current electric vehicles.
      When it comes to charging, LYRIQ offers quick and convenient charging options whether at home or on the go. With DC fast charging, the LYRIQ can charge at rates over 150 kW.
      ARTFULLY INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY
      Envisioned to make interaction with its technologies more intuitive and rewarding, the LYRIQ’s partnership with the driver and passengers is simultaneously energizing and artful.
      Upon approach, the LYRIQ recognizes the driver and initiates a “greeting” with a choreographed lighting sequence, while also preparing the cabin for the journey, including seat, mirror and climate system adjustments. Once inside, the LYRIQ offers Cadillac’s highest level of driver information, infotainment and connectivity integration, for a more seamless and rewarding experience.
      A 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display artfully integrates a single, large screen that spans the viewing area for the driver and incorporates driver information details, infotainment controls and camera views. This new display has the highest pixel density available in the automotive industry today and can display over one billion colors, 64 times more than any other vehicle in the automotive industry, providing a stunning in-vehicle experience unlike anything seen before from Cadillac.
      Additional technology and interactive highlights include:
      Battery and charging monitoring conveyed by easy, at-a-glance graphics. The system identifies the vehicle’s energy needs at home and on the go, according to owner preferences, while also monitoring and forecasting energy consumption and providing charging suggestions. New dual-plane augmented reality-enhanced head-up display employs two planes: a near plane indicating speed, direction and more, and a far plane displaying transparent navigation signals and other important alerts. The latest version of Super Cruise, the hands-free driver assistance feature, including automated lane change.3 Supervised remote parking that uses ultrasonic sensors to help the LYRIQ park itself in parallel or perpendicular parking spaces — whether the driver is inside or outside of the vehicle.4 SENSE OF SOUND
      LYRIQ’s technology also addresses sound in two important ways: Blocking unwanted sounds and making the most of the sounds passengers want to hear.
      For the first time, Cadillac will introduce a new road noise cancellation technology, which takes active noise cancellation to the next level by introducing more microphones and accelerometers, which improve noise cancellation abilities. With this new system, Cadillac’s performance and audio engineers can target the frequency range of tire cavity noise, reducing the noise level in the vehicle and allowing for a quieter in-cabin experience.
      The Cadillac LYRIQ builds on the brand’s exclusive partnership with AKG. “With LYRIQ we wanted to deliver a sound experience that would transport the driver from a vehicle into a recording studio,” said Hussein Khalil, Cadillac lead audio design release engineer. “With the AKG sound system, we are able to deliver this experience along with the quality and reliability luxury customers expect.”
      At launch, LYRIQ will offer a 19-speaker AKG Studio audio system that delivers exceptionally crisp and precise sound reproduction, enabling drivers and passengers to enjoy their favorite music.
      NEW FACE OF CADILLAC
      Cadillac’s first electric SUV makes a bold design statement that introduces a new face, proportion and presence for the brand’s new generation of EVs. It’s a forward-looking vision unconstrained by the needs of a traditional internal combustion engine and driveline.
      “The LYRIQ represents the next iteration of the iconic brand’s styling, enabled by electrification, as only Cadillac can express,” said Andrew Smith, executive director, Global Cadillac Design. “Inside and out, LYRIQ is a thoughtful integration of design and technology and is intended to make every drive an occasion.”
      Defined by taut lines and clean surfaces, LYRIQ is assertive and modern, characterized with a low, fast roofline and wide stance that emphasize agility and convey confidence. Additional details such as a flow-through roof spoiler express the careful attention paid to aerodynamics to optimize efficiency on the highway.
      A distinctive “black crystal” grille in the front is one of the LYRIQ’s most unique and expressive design elements. It is also a dynamic feature, as it is part of a dramatic lighting choreography that — along with bold vertical, slim LED signature lighting — greets the owner upon approach. At the rear, a split taillamp design incorporates slim LEDs that are also integrated into the lighting choreography.
      Inside, the LYRIQ’s new electric vehicle architecture opens up possibilities in vehicle spaciousness and design; and Cadillac designers used this as an opportunity to rethink how to use the space and where to locate various interior elements.
      The result is a more airy, minimalistic design that does more to involve the driver and passengers in the driving experience while offering exceptional functionality when it comes to storage solutions. It is also brimming with subtle yet obsessive details such as backlit speaker grilles, curved screens with hidden storage and, like the exterior, orchestrated lighting features.

Source: Cadillac
      Press Release is on Page 2

LYRIQ Show Car Leads Cadillac Into Electric Future
      LIBERATING PERFORMANCE
      ALL-NEW ULTIUM BATTERY SYSTEM
      ARTFULLY INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY
      Additional technology and interactive highlights include:
      NEW FACE OF CADILLAC
    • By David
      Cadillac division sent out this email saying that the Cadillac Lyriq reveal will be August 6th 2020 @ 7PM.
      Now the interesting part is what time zone? EST, MST, PST,.......... 🤔

Cadillac's Super Cruise system is getting a major upgrade just in time for the 2021 CT4 and CT5. The system will now be able to automatically change lanes whenever the driver taps or fully engages the turn signal stalk. The vehicle will signal and look for a safe gap before making the maneuver. Information as to which step the system is on is shown to driver in the instrument cluster.
      “This is our most extensive update we’ve made to Super Cruise since its debut. We have made a number of improvements to make Super Cruise more intuitive, better performing and more accessible for our customers. In addition to the automated lane change functionality, we’ve made improvements to the user interface and hands-free driving dynamics,”  said Mario Maiorana, Super Cruise chief engineer in a statement.
      This upgrade is due in part to GM's new digital vehicle platform that allows for more "electrical bandwidth and data processing power." Other improvements include better rear-facing sensors and updated software.
      Following the CT4 and CT5, the updated Super Cruise system will appear on the upcoming 2021 Escalade. That brings us to an interesting item caught by the folks at Roadshow. The picture Cadillac used in the press release has the rear end of the next-generation model expected to debut next month.

Source: Cadillac, Roadshow
      Press Release is on Page 2

Source: Cadillac, Roadshow
      Press Release is on Page 2

• Wasn't Jim Farley already CEO at FMC at one point? Maybe interim CEO after William Clay Ford Jr. stepped down after he replaced Jacques Nasser when he was ousted?
    • Nice write-up as usual @William Maley, found some great pics with good detail as well. This Lyriq looks pretty sleek. I like how it's keeping the Cadillac family design cues but stretching it some. The iconic long vertical LED light piping in front that will now function as headlamps are still slick, but also very evident so you know it's a Caddy coming at you or going down the road. I'm not crazy about the greenhouse of this pre production model with the sloped back-end, definitely needs a more upright look to it and the actual production model will most likely have more of it for interior headroom and general space.    It's comical to me how an uninformed individual on here gets into bringing up the POS FWD based Merc CLA trying to compare it to a CTS-V (hilarious I won't even go there) or a CT5, the CLA is a garbage economy car, ask anyone who's owned one. CLA is nowhere close to what a CT5 is as a RWD based sedan with a much better built chassis. I drove a white 2020 CT5 with the Premium Luxury trim for the day a couple of weeks ago. The CT5 with the 3.0TT is very quick with a very quiet interior and refined ride that was firm in Sport mode, but not harsh and smooth in Tour mode. The 10 spd is butter smooth with crisp shifts as well (love the GM 10 spd in every vehicle I've driven with it, they nailed it), the 3.0TT V6 with the PL trim or V-Series is where it's at. Blackwing CT4 and 5 are going to be mean machines! Can't wait.

1. BIGPhil
      BIGPhil
    2. jhavird454
      jhavird454

There are no registered users currently online