We know Cadillac is planning a major product offensive beginning with the XT3 crossover next year, along with a few other products such as a seven-seat crossover and a competitor to the Audi A3 and Mercedes CLA. Automobile Magazine reports that Cadillac is planning eight all-new or redesigned models by 2022. They include,
- XT3: (Compact crossover) in 2018
- CT3: (ATS Replacement) in 2018
- XT7: (Seven-seat crossover that is reported to be on Omega. Other reports put say it will use the platform underpinning the redesign Buick Enclave/Chevrolet Traverse) in 2019
- CT5: (Replacement for the CTS) in 2019
- XT1 or XT2 (Subcompact crossover) in 2020
- XT5 Redesign (Possibly going on Omega) in 2021
- CT1 or CT2 (A3 and CLA fighter) in 2021
- CT8: (Flagship using Omega) in 2021
All of these models are expected to use an evolutionary design theme from the Escala concept. It is still unknown whether or not the CT1/CT2 will use the Delta front-wheel drive platform or use Alpha.
The brand is also planning investments totaling $800 million into their retail operations in the U.S.
Pic Credit: William Maley for Cheers and Gears