Jump to content
  • William Maley
    William Maley

    Spying: Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Shows Off A Little More

    Sign in to follow this  

      The plot thickens

    It is no secret that Chevrolet is working on a mid-engine Corvette, especially when a set of spy shots clearly showing the vehicle came out last fall. A new batch of spy shots have hit the web and we now have a better idea of what it could look like.

    The pictures reveal that the front end will look somewhat similar to the current Corvette with a pointed nose. There appears to be a curved windshield and a tapered roofline. Other pictures reveal the outline of the hood where the V8 engine resides.

    Speaking of the V8 engine, there are reports saying the mid-engine Corvette will have three engines on offer - codenamed LT2, LT6, and LT7. We know LT6 is possibly a naturally-aspirated V8 with 700 horsepower and LT7 is a twin-turbo V8. LT2 might be a hybrid of some sort.

    Everyone seems to think General Motors will unveil the mid-engine Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show next year. We'll be keeping a close eye to see if this happens.

    Source: Car and Driver, Motor1

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    Meh, I have mixed feeling about moving the Mid engine corvette from behind the front wheels but in front of the driver to behind the driver but still in front of the rear tires. Be interesting to see how this changes the 51% / 49% weight distribution.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I haven't seen anything definitive, but my understanding is this is going to be the top-of-the-line Corvette?  And that the current C7 Stingray will carry on as the 'volume model'.  

    Of course, if they were paying attention to the market, they really should be developing a Corvette CUV to compete w/ the Cayenne....and a Corvette 4dr to compete w/ the Panamera... ;)

    Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Cadillac should have done an SRX-V back in 2010 when the 556 up CTS-V came out.  With a front drive small crossover under that if they needed something where the XT5 sits now.  Then when the 640 hp CTS-V came out they could have had an XT6-V.

    Interesting that they will have 2 Corvettes, I don't like when you have multiple of the same car like all the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.  Why not just call it Land Rover Evoque?  Unless maybe the mid engine Corvette gets a new name.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

    Cadillac should have done an SRX-V back in 2010 when the 556 up CTS-V came out.  With a front drive small crossover under that if they needed something where the XT5 sits now.  Then when the 640 hp CTS-V came out they could have had an XT6-V.

    Interesting that they will have 2 Corvettes, I don't like when you have multiple of the same car like all the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.  Why not just call it Land Rover Evoque?  Unless maybe the mid engine Corvette gets a new name.

    No one calls a Range Rover a Land Rover Range Rover, though.  

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I take any engine speculation with a grain of salt at this point. The Corvette Z06 and ZR1 were both disappointing to me when the facts came out. Z06 because it was far more like the C6 ZR1 and it lost the unique charm and spirit of the C5/C6 Z06 models, and the upcoming ZR1 because it's just a C7 Z06 with a bigger blower and more aero.

    I hope the mid engine Corvette and the eventual Z/28 Camaro are more special.

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    ^^^Cool.. we can go back to disagreeing. The Z06 is a beast.. even more so over my Z51 or a Grand Sport. Its just better. An upgrade on the Z06 as the ZR1.. for around $100K+ will be the ultimate slap in the face of anyone owing a so called exotic. Most likely it will be in the 700HP range and fuck up anything moving. Z06 is already a car pulling in high 10s stock.. and ZR1 will be in the 9s. U can't more special than that without spending $1Mil. 

    I'll hold off and simply buy the Mid-Engine in its second year I think tho.. unless they say its on sale date isn't til 2020.. and then I might have to upgrade in 2018-2019 to a Z06 or ZR1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    My guess is that they will want over $100k for it.   Mid engine cars are expensive.  I am surprised to hear of 3 engine options.  Do they really need 3 on a low volume car?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    27 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    My guess is that they will want over $100k for it.   Mid engine cars are expensive.  I am surprised to hear of 3 engine options.  Do they really need 3 on a low volume car?

    Sure. The ZR1 C6 touched $100K when it came out. It was a slow seller...but the market got used to $100K Vettes. If this rear mounted mid-engined Vette is to be the best of the best of the Vettes, then it seems plausible to assume it will be north of $100K.

    Please dont tell me that Vettes are affordable...Best of the best Vettes were NEVER affordable. Not the 1965 396 Vette, not the 427 1966-1969....certainly not the 1969 ZL1 nor the 1990-1995 ZR1s. Not the 1996 Grand Sport nor the C5 Z06s...Not the C6 ZR1 nor the C7 Z06 and the upcoming ZR1...

    Ive covered 52 years of best of the best Vettes that were not affordable by the average joes...so spare me that argument please.

    Vettes always had a plethora of engine choices in its history. I wont delve into the rockin' 50s and crazy '60s where the engine choices were mind exploding overwhelming...but dont tell me that in your era that is not the case as from 1990 forward...there was always at least 2 engine choices. It even grew to three as of late. The C6 had 3 engine choices. The C7 will soon have 3 options....

    Plus...the good thing about that is that Chevy gets to use these in their Camaros and watered down versions in iron form in their million a year sales pick-up trucks....so...

    Edited by oldshurst442

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

    ^^^Cool.. we can go back to disagreeing. The Z06 is a beast.. even more so over my Z51 or a Grand Sport. Its just better. An upgrade on the Z06 as the ZR1.. for around $100K+ will be the ultimate slap in the face of anyone owing a so called exotic. Most likely it will be in the 700HP range and f@#k up anything moving. Z06 is already a car pulling in high 10s stock.. and ZR1 will be in the 9s. U can't more special than that without spending $1Mil. 

    I'll hold off and simply buy the Mid-Engine in its second year I think tho.. unless they say its on sale date isn't til 2020.. and then I might have to upgrade in 2018-2019 to a Z06 or ZR1

    No disrespect to the Corvette's outright performance, it's just that in the past Z06 was always meant weight-conscious and naturally aspirated. The C5 and C6 Z06 were both under 3200 lbs, the C7 Z06 is over 3500 lbs. That's a clear change in approach that defies the name's heritage. It's an incredible supercar nonetheless, even if overheating issues put a damper on the release.

    Hearing the ZR1 is slated to be another supercharged 6.2L just seems mundane after rumors of DOHC and turbochargers (and knowing such an engine is well into development for Cadillac).

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

    My guess is that they will want over $100k for it.   Mid engine cars are expensive.  I am surprised to hear of 3 engine options.  Do they really need 3 on a low volume car?

    Porsche has offered multiple engines on the 911 for years and is also low volume. Options are a good thing too, last time I checked. 

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    50 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    Porsche has offered multiple engines on the 911 for years and is also low volume. Options are a good thing too, last time I checked. 

    Yes but the 911 has one flat six engine in a lot of different tunes and with and without turbo or maybe they are all turbo now they are headed there.  

    Since they already have a Corvette with 2 engine options, and this mid engine Corvette is a specialty car which I assume would be $100k and up, then 2 engines (like NA and Supercharged) would be enough.

    If however they kill the front engine Corvette then I can see 3 engine choices in the mid engine car.  I agree that choices are good, but there is a development cost and certification cost to that also.

    Last month 80% of GM's sales were trucks and crossovers.  That trend probably isn't getting reversed so you got to figure GM will put 80% of their R&D into more trucks and crossovers.

    • Downvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Yes but the 911 has one flat six engine in a lot of different tunes and with and without turbo or maybe they are all turbo now they are headed there.  

    Since they already have a Corvette with 2 engine options, and this mid engine Corvette is a specialty car which I assume would be $100k and up, then 2 engines (like NA and Supercharged) would be enough.

    If however they kill the front engine Corvette then I can see 3 engine choices in the mid engine car.  I agree that choices are good, but there is a development cost and certification cost to that also.

    Last month 80% of GM's sales were trucks and crossovers.  That trend probably isn't getting reversed so you got to figure GM will put 80% of their R&D into more trucks and crossovers.

    And? The Vette using two engines is not a big deal at all so adding one more is perfectly fine in this realm. Again, it's called choice which is ALWAYS a good thing. You are also assuming that this will be in addition to a regular Vette, which no one knows for sure at this point. If it replaces the current model entirely, then that makes this an even smarter move by GM to offer more choice in the engine department. However, even if they do keep the current Vette (front engine), then it still isn't a big deal to have three engine choice for the more expensive mid-engine model. BTW, you made my point about this by illustrating the 911 engine uses here. The Vette uses a similar formula so again, this is not a big deal except for those just looking to, yet again, nitpick GM.

     

    One last thing. How many engine choices are there for the low volume S Class? I bring it up because they sell fewer models of it than Chevy does for the Vette so I'm curious how you address that

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Yes but the 911 has one flat six engine in a lot of different tunes and with and without turbo or maybe they are all turbo now they are headed there.  

    Since they already have a Corvette with 2 engine options, and this mid engine Corvette is a specialty car which I assume would be $100k and up, then 2 engines (like NA and Supercharged) would be enough.

    If however they kill the front engine Corvette then I can see 3 engine choices in the mid engine car.  I agree that choices are good, but there is a development cost and certification cost to that also.

    Last month 80% of GM's sales were trucks and crossovers.  That trend probably isn't getting reversed so you got to figure GM will put 80% of their R&D into more trucks and crossovers.

    This is just pure, unadulterated trolling.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

    And? The Vette using two engines is not a big deal at all so adding one more is perfectly fine in this realm. Again, it's called choice which is ALWAYS a good thing. You are also assuming that this will be in addition to a regular Vette, which no one knows for sure at this point. If it replaces the current model entirely, then that makes this an even smarter move by GM to offer more choice in the engine department. However, even if they do keep the current Vette (front engine), then it still isn't a big deal to have three engine choice for the more expensive mid-engine model. BTW, you made my point about this by illustrating the 911 engine uses here. The Vette uses a similar formula so again, this is not a big deal except for those just looking to, yet again, nitpick GM.

     

    One last thing. How many engine choices are there for the low volume S Class? I bring it up because they sell fewer models of it than Chevy does for the Vette so I'm curious how you address that

    S-class sells near 100,000 units per year world wide, I believe they have 2 diesels, which are probably going to be gone soon, a V6, a hybrid, 2 V8s and 2 V12s.  But the 4.7 liter and 5.5 liter V8s are getting dumped this year for the 4.0 liter.

    There is a front engine ZR1 coming, so they will have 3 engine options in the front engine Corvette.  If the mid-engine car has the same 3 then that makes sense.  My original point was that I don't see GM making 3 new engines for a low volume car.  But if they use the same 3 in the front engine model  then the engineering is already paid for.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    51 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    S-class sells near 100,000 units per year world wide, I believe they have 2 diesels, which are probably going to be gone soon, a V6, a hybrid, 2 V8s and 2 V12s.  But the 4.7 liter and 5.5 liter V8s are getting dumped this year for the 4.0 liter.

    My original point was that I don't see GM making 3 new engines for a low volume car.  But if they use the same 3 in the front engine model  then the engineering is already paid for.

    Yes and if it was not for them using those engines in other products, all those engine options would not survive for a single auto that only sells 100K a year globally. GM like MB uses the engines in various tunes on various products throughout their portfolio. Thus spreading the cost of R&D around to allow them to have options.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    S-class sells near 100,000 units per year world wide, I believe they have 2 diesels, which are probably going to be gone soon, a V6, a hybrid, 2 V8s and 2 V12s.  But the 4.7 liter and 5.5 liter V8s are getting dumped this year for the 4.0 liter.

    There is a front engine ZR1 coming, so they will have 3 engine options in the front engine Corvette.  If the mid-engine car has the same 3 then that makes sense.  My original point was that I don't see GM making 3 new engines for a low volume car.  But if they use the same 3 in the front engine model  then the engineering is already paid for.

    Thanks for proving my point because S Class worldwide sales are still low volume (and I should clarify that I was referring to US sales) by definition and offering multiple engine packages has clearly never been an issue for them. What's funny here is that despite having as large an R&D budget as Benz, you don't think GM has the resources or the need to spread that out on a world beating car. 

    • Like 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'd imagine the volume on a mid-engine Corvette would be small, like 20% of front engine Corvette sales, maybe even 10%.  So we are talking low volume.  If they share the new engines with Cadillac they can spread cost.   This rumor of LT2, LT6, etc looks like they are making something new, and not using the current Z06 engine.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    This rumor of LT2, LT6, etc looks like they are making something new, and not using the current Z06 engine

    Yeah....

    Just like every new generation Vette that comes out...there is almost always a new engine that goes along with it...

    There are exceptions of course when a new engine goes in the last of the old generation...but in general...a new gen Vette appears, so does a new engine...

    And in between, HP bumps and tweaks are offered and sometimes new engines are introduced mid-cycle...but usually...a decade goes by with the same generation platform so sometimes new engines are introduced to compliment the base engines along the way...

    Standard industry wide practice I would assume...and GM with the Corvette is no different...

    Why is this perplexing you?

     

    Edited by oldshurst442
    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    it's hard to believe that after 50 years of mid-engined Corvette prototypes and speculation, it may actually happen.   Though I figure odds are good it will get cancelled before production begins...

    • Haha 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    I'd imagine the volume on a mid-engine Corvette would be small, like 20% of front engine Corvette sales, maybe even 10%.  So we are talking low volume.  If they share the new engines with Cadillac they can spread cost.   This rumor of LT2, LT6, etc looks like they are making something new, and not using the current Z06 engine.

    I do not care about volume. I only highlighted it to show you that low volume clearly doesn't matter when it comes to offering options. Surely if Benz, Porsche, and a host of other makes can get away with it, then so can GM. It's that simple, regardless of the obvious trolling attempt going on here.

    8 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

    Yeah....

    Just like every new generation Vette that comes out...there is almost always a new engine that goes along with it...

    There are exceptions of course when a new engine goes in the last of the old generation...but in general...a new gen Vette appears, so does a new engine...

    And in between, HP bumps and tweaks are offered and sometimes new engines are introduced mid-cycle...but usually...a decade goes by with the same generation platform so sometimes new engines are introduced to compliment the base engines along the way...

    Standard industry wide practice I would assume...and GM with the Corvette is no different...

    Why is this perplexing you?

     

    Because this is about GM. That's why it's perplexing him. If this were about Benz, the narrative would be completely different.  

    • Upvote 2

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    54 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

    I do not care about volume. I only highlighted it to show you that low volume clearly doesn't matter when it comes to offering options. Surely if Benz, Porsche, and a host of other makes can get away with it, then so can GM. It's that simple, regardless of the obvious trolling attempt going on here.

    Because this is about GM. That's why it's perplexing him. If this were about Benz, the narrative would be completely different.  

    Yeah, his single-focus M-B fanboy bias really comes through clearly...

    • Upvote 1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I am not against options, for the past couple years I have said there should be a V6 Corvette that undercuts the current V8 pricing to widen the appeal of the car.   My surprise was that the Corvette has 2 engine choices now and they were going to do an exclusive mid engine version then give it 3 engine choices?   I like the idea of a hybrid Corvette though.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

    No disrespect to the Corvette's outright performance, it's just that in the past Z06 was always meant weight-conscious and naturally aspirated. The C5 and C6 Z06 were both under 3200 lbs, the C7 Z06 is over 3500 lbs. That's a clear change in approach that defies the name's heritage. It's an incredible supercar nonetheless, even if overheating issues put a damper on the release.

    Hearing the ZR1 is slated to be another supercharged 6.2L just seems mundane after rumors of DOHC and turbochargers (and knowing such an engine is well into development for Cadillac).

    Lotta extra hardware in going S/C, plus DOD and Direct Injection.. not to mention a certain level of luxury appointments in the C7 that are absolutely absent from the C5 and C6. Sorry.. the Corvette guys made the C7 a better car than either.. Z06 or otherwise. As an ex owner of both.. and 2 gens before.. I can attest that they made right decisions with exception to the small inter-cooler this time around and not giving the car a more up to the task cooling system considering the additional heat. Either way.. those negatives are fixed as far as I kno.. and again.. a better car. To me.. in a world of EVs getting press by not gear heads for simply being able to have instant torque and this faster 0-60 times.. I say a Z06, Z51, GS are absolute genius car making in the flesh. Perhaps the C8, utilizing some of the CT6's Omega engineering may be lighter.. but I still miss the issue of its additional 250lbs actually hindering any of the model's performance. A C7 will beat a C6 in any form, including the ZR1 C6. 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Similar Content

    • By Drew Dowdell
      Los Angeles - Chevrolet thinks that you don't want a Cruze anymore and instead you'll buy an SUV.  Enter Chevy's answer for that, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer starts under $20,000 and for those taking notes, that's less than the current Chevrolet Trax even though the Trailblazer is the larger vehicle, fitting between the Trax and Equinox in size.
      Themed after the larger Blazer, the Trailblazer looks wider in person than its specs suggest.  Powertrains match the Buick Encore GX on which this shares a platform.  Powered by either a 1.2L turbo or 1.3L turbo 3-cylinder engine, the Trailblazer will deliver up to 155 horsepower. Both engines are mated with a standard Continuously Variable Transmission with selectable stop/start capability. A nine-speed automatic transmission is also available on Trailblazers equipped with the 1.3L engine and all-wheel drive. The AWD is selectable so that drivers can choose between traction or fuel economy as conditions dictate. 
      The Trailblazer features 40/60 split folding second row seats, which enables the vehicle to accommodate objects up to 8.5 feet long. Overall storage capacity is rated up to 54.4cubic feet10 with the second row folded.
      Trailblazer is equipped with a comprehensive list of safety technology:
      Forward Collision Alert Automatic Emergency Braking Front Pedestrian Braking IntelliBeam Headlamps (Auto High Beam Assist) Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning Rear Vision Camera Teen Driver Rear Seat Reminder3 OnStar4 Additional optional active safety and driver assistance features include:
      Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera Rear Park Assist Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert Rear Cross Traffic Alert HD Rear Vision Camera Trailblazer ACTIV is equipped with unique tires and shock tuning. The ACTIV dampers are tuned to enhance vehicle performance and ride comfort when traveling on gravel roads.  The Hankook Sport Terrain 17-inch tires feature an aggressive shoulder design and an all-season tread pattern.
      The front fascia on Trailblazer ACTIV has been revised with the lower section designed for improved ground clearance. Additional exterior differentiation includes two-tone roof, standard roof rails and trapezoid-shaped exhaust tips.
      Trailblazer joins the Trax and Equinox in showrooms in Spring of 2020.
       

      View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Los Angeles - Chevrolet thinks that you don't want a Cruze anymore and instead you'll buy an SUV.  Enter Chevy's answer for that, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer starts under $20,000 and for those taking notes, that's less than the current Chevrolet Trax even though the Trailblazer is the larger vehicle, fitting between the Trax and Equinox in size.
      Themed after the larger Blazer, the Trailblazer looks wider in person than its specs suggest.  Powertrains match the Buick Encore GX on which this shares a platform.  Powered by either a 1.2L turbo or 1.3L turbo 3-cylinder engine, the Trailblazer will deliver up to 155 horsepower. Both engines are mated with a standard Continuously Variable Transmission with selectable stop/start capability. A nine-speed automatic transmission is also available on Trailblazers equipped with the 1.3L engine and all-wheel drive. The AWD is selectable so that drivers can choose between traction or fuel economy as conditions dictate. 
      The Trailblazer features 40/60 split folding second row seats, which enables the vehicle to accommodate objects up to 8.5 feet long. Overall storage capacity is rated up to 54.4cubic feet10 with the second row folded.
      Trailblazer is equipped with a comprehensive list of safety technology:
      Forward Collision Alert Automatic Emergency Braking Front Pedestrian Braking IntelliBeam Headlamps (Auto High Beam Assist) Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning Rear Vision Camera Teen Driver Rear Seat Reminder3 OnStar4 Additional optional active safety and driver assistance features include:
      Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera Rear Park Assist Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert Rear Cross Traffic Alert HD Rear Vision Camera Trailblazer ACTIV is equipped with unique tires and shock tuning. The ACTIV dampers are tuned to enhance vehicle performance and ride comfort when traveling on gravel roads.  The Hankook Sport Terrain 17-inch tires feature an aggressive shoulder design and an all-season tread pattern.
      The front fascia on Trailblazer ACTIV has been revised with the lower section designed for improved ground clearance. Additional exterior differentiation includes two-tone roof, standard roof rails and trapezoid-shaped exhaust tips.
      Trailblazer joins the Trax and Equinox in showrooms in Spring of 2020.
       
    • By Drew Dowdell
      People have been waiting decades for a mid-engine Corvette, now the wait just got a little longer; the C8 Corvette has been officially delayed.  You can blame the 40 day UAW strike and the fact that Chevrolet still has C7 Corvette orders to fulfill before Bowling Green can be switched over to build the new car. 
      Once the C7 orders have been filled, the plant will be shut down for an undetermined amount of time in order for new tooling to be brought in and training on the new car is completed.  As of now, the scheduled start of production is February 2020. 
       

      View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      People have been waiting decades for a mid-engine Corvette, now the wait just got a little longer; the C8 Corvette has been officially delayed.  You can blame the 40 day UAW strike and the fact that Chevrolet still has C7 Corvette orders to fulfill before Bowling Green can be switched over to build the new car. 
      Once the C7 orders have been filled, the plant will be shut down for an undetermined amount of time in order for new tooling to be brought in and training on the new car is completed.  As of now, the scheduled start of production is February 2020. 
       
    • By Drew Dowdell
      If you're currently a Ford Mustang owner or lessee, until the end of October there is $3,000 waiting for you on the hood of any 2019 Chevrolet Camaro.  Chevy's Camaro has consistently ranked third in sales behind the Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang ever since the 6th generation model debuted for 2016. Sales fell further in 2019 after a disastrous redesign of the front fascia on SS trim models, down 7.6% year to date.  This despite the greater availability of 4-cylinder models and packages that put the V8 in easier reach. 
      While the Camaro is down 7.6 percent, the Mustang has also fallen 10.1 percent and Challenger is down 11 percent year to date.  The Ford and the Dodge however sold 20,000 units and 10,000 units more respectively. 
      Camaro sales were just 50,963 in 2018, down from a 2011 high of 88,249, and are on pace to be much lower this year.

      View full article
  • Posts

    • All cars are as posted. 1. 1970 Olds 442 W-30 with those rocket wheels instead of the Magnum wheels and preferably no wing...and no vinyl top either...   2.  1969 Plymouth Road Runner  or GTX...preferably a Road Runner so I could honk the horn to hear it go...meep meep.    3. Dodge Challenger Hellcat.  Redeye is optional. I dont care as long as its a Hellcat...   4. 1973 Pontiac Trans Am SD455 with white vinyl interior. 5. 1933 Ford Roadster Hot Rod  with Ford's latest 5.2 liter V8. Not the Voodoo, but the new GT500 V8.   An Ancient Greek mythological themed motif  to compliment the Hot Rod look to it instead of the stereotypical flames and/or skulls...    These would be numbers matching garage queens. Not babied by all means, they'd be driven, but not hard miles.  I wouldnt pamper them too much, but Id be careful as well.    If I was to replace those with clones and restomodded/pro-toured with modern set-ups, then Id daily drive all of them. One week one car, the following car next week and so forth.     
    • Its gots to be all those residual checks that GM cashes in from movie royalties... The Chevy Suburban just got its Hollywood Walk of Fame Star a couple of days ago.... It is said that the Suburban has had a 60 year career and been in over 1750 movies...so...11 billion dollars/per year profit    The year GM went bankrupt, there was a conspiracy against GM and Hollywood stopped re-running  Smokey and the Bandit, The A-Team, Knight Rider...  
    • I have 2 of my muscle cars already. I would certainly entertain a '50s Eldorado Seville and one of the late '50s MoPar supercars, preferably an Adventurer but a 300 Letter Series would be just peachy too.
    • [Wanders off over the moonscape...]
    • Dozens of unique vehicles sell less than 30K per year. Volume is immaterial, profit is the prime consideration. But even then: Luckily, Cadillac, and in turn; General Motors, produces dozen & dozens & dozens of other models. Tesla only builds like 11K Model S per year. Course; they don't make a profit... but they're still building the thing. We've read some wags claim that 'Chevy doesn't make any money; too many low margin models' and 'Buick sales are slowing every year; it can't be making a profit' and 'Cadillac doesn't sell 2 million units/year; therefore they can't be making a profit'. Solid, disconnected thinking there, that. Gee, I don't think GMC is making $11 billion in profit all by itself.
  • Social Stream

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. gmcbob
      gmcbob
      (45 years old)
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • My Clubs

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...