2008 Malibu spied!

GMan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a way for us <the enthusiasts> to interact <not just drop suggestions in the box> with the marketing department of GM.

Place ads on a secure website with a limited member base <the membership of C&G> and have us review the ads.

Heck, we'd all do it for free. They won't have to pay for focus groups anymore AND the GM enthusiasts would get a measure of mental "ownership" in an ad campaign.

I'm a cost saver.  :AH-HA_wink:

175466[/snapback]

That'd be horrible. GM will end up with BOF BOF BOF RWD RWD MANUAL POWERRRROXOXRS!~~~~~ ads.

I got bored again:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=10806

Tried ripping through the camo.

175561[/snapback]

If it looks like that, I'll be very happy. That is LIGHTYEARS better than the current Malibu.

A few things-what's an OEM?

Original Equipment Manufacturer, basically GM or Ford or Toyota...

Oh I assure you my pessimism for an OEM is elsewhere.

I am right there with you. If they would just figure out that really attractive stand out product with top in class quality is the key.

Oh I assure you my pessimism for an OEM is elsewhere.

I am right there with you. If they would just figure out that really attractive stand out product with top in class quality is the key.

175830[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with figuring out how to deliever world class product, it has everything to do with delivering the product in the variety that will grow volume in an ever more fragmented market.

Was at the RenCen yesterday, they have the Concept SS on display if anyone in the Detroit area is interested.

This thing is beautiful, the nicest looking sedan I have ever seen. Even better looking that the Maserati or Aston Martin Raptide.

BTW, this current Malibu looks nothing like the SS, except maybe for the Audi-like grill.

If the new Impala looks like this, WOW.

I came across these thoughts posted on camaroz28 about 386 Malibu spy photos. I had to LOL when I read this. This was about the funniest auto related thing I read in a long time. Seems like something Stephan Cobert would write for Comedy Central if he were covering automotive. I do not know how people can be so creative to make this stuff up. I love comedy.

Did I ever tell you about the story about the Hybrid, mid engine C7 Corvette? If not sit back you are going to love this story...

"Really intresting.

The car seems like it's based on the Lucerne, which would make sense because there was alot of money invested in the Lucerne to make it just a single model. Also, the Malibu is supposed to grow to about the size of the current Impala for 2008, and Chevy needs a true full size car yesterday.

IF this really is the next Impala, this means a few astounding things.

First, Chevy is going to have TWO all new high volume cars for 2008. Malibu & Impala.

Second, the Impala, at least, is going to have a rapid fire design cycle. 2006/2007 for the current one, 2008/2009 for this one, and the RWD version for 2010.

And finally, that GM actually spent money on interium cars (Lucerne & this Impala) instead of running out the old designs till then. This would show that GM is turning into a hella aggresive competitor in the market.

But then again... it could also be a foreign-market Chevrolet. Afterall, it does have fender marker lights (taped over in the pics) and Korean-made Hankook Optima tires. "

Edited by evok

I came across these thoughts posted on camaroz28 about 386 Malibu spy photos.  I had to LOL when I read this.  This was about the funniest auto related thing I read in a long time.  Seems like something Stephan Cobert would write for Comedy Central if he were covering automotive.  I do not know how people can be so creative to make this stuff up.  I love comedy.

Did I ever tell you about the story about the Hybrid, mid engine C7 Corvette?  If not sit back you are going to love this story...

"Really intresting.

The car seems like it's based on the Lucerne, which would make sense because there was alot of money invested in the Lucerne to make it just a single model. Also, the Malibu is supposed to grow to about the size of the current Impala for 2008, and Chevy needs a true full size car yesterday.

IF this really is the next Impala, this means a few astounding things.

First, Chevy is going to have TWO all new high volume cars for 2008. Malibu & Impala.

Second, the Impala, at least, is going to have a rapid fire design cycle. 2006/2007 for the current one, 2008/2009 for this one, and the RWD version for 2010.

And finally, that GM actually spent money on interium cars (Lucerne & this Impala) instead of running out the old designs till then. This would show that GM is turning into a hella aggresive competitor in the market.

But then again... it could also be a foreign-market Chevrolet. Afterall, it does have fender marker lights (taped over in the pics) and Korean-made Hankook Optima tires. "

175955[/snapback]

Well.... lets see:

1. I said the car Looks like it was based on the Lucerne, which judging by the roofline, it did.

2. I said IF this was the new Impala, which indicated my doubts.

3. I speculated on what it meant IF it was the new Impala.

4. I addressed another item brought up that speculated that it was a Chevy for a foreign market.

I know that we're at loggerheads since I stated (pretty forcefully) that Pontiac would be getting a RWD sedan before your stated 2011 date (which I believe you set because you were unaware of what was going on outside Detroit).

Now it surfaced that this exact thing is in the cards & that Pontiac will be displaying a Zeta based model at the next Detroit show, that the next GTO is a go for 2008 (which you stated wasn't going to happen multiple times) and suddenly here you are ripping apart a speculative post of mine (because you suddenly can't tell the difference between it and my informative posts?).

I freely admit I get it wrong sometimes. Plans change, every automaker's future car plans are in flux until the final approval where the money is comitted. Things also are sped up. But most importantly, there are frequently counter plans, and small groups who are working on alternatives apart from the main body.

I have a little bit of a handle on what's passing through Holden, which often isn't on the radar screen of alot of people who aren't directly involved in a project. You have your strong points as well. I think the big difference between us is I don't feign infallibility.

I have no intentions in getting into a flame war with you because I still have respect for you as an industry insider (and time will tell who's right or wrong...and I have a long memory :AH-HA_wink: ). If you want to wear that respect down over something trivial, that's up to you.

If you want to respond to this you you can do it publically on this thread or privately by e-mail.

Your choice.

It will say alot about you.

.....NOW..... about that Buick convertible......

Yes, Buick will have a convertible.

No it won't be a Statesman, nor will it be imported from Australia.

Edited by guionM

Well.... lets see:

1. I said the car Looks like it was based on the Lucerne, which judging by the roofline, it did.

2. I said IF this was the new Impala, which indicated my doubts.

3. I speculated on what it meant IF it was the new Impala.

4. I addressed another item brought up that speculated that it was a Chevy for a foreign market.

I'm sorry if you still believe Pontiac isn't getting a RWD sedan before 2011, 2015, 3008, or whenever it is you believe (which I think was the original issue which brought us to loggerheads, since we previously shared info and from what I could tell got on pretty well), or that your expertiese in the auto field made you believe Camaro wouldn't be here till 2011 at the earliest and a RWD Impala a decade from now (because as you say : "that's not the way things happen"), or that you and those involved have different views on how quickly it took to get the Cobalt from approval to the showrooms.

However, if ripping apart a speculative post because you can't tell the difference between it and my informative posts is a way to console yourself, then so be it.

I have no intentions in getting into a flame war with you because as stupid as it sounds, I still have a bit of respect for you as an industry insider. If you want to wear that down, that's up to you.

If you want to respond to this you can either do it on this thread or by my email.

Choose carefully. Your choice will tell alot about you.

.....NOW..... about that Buick convertible......

Yes, Buick will have a convertible.

No it won't be a Statesman, nor will it be imported from Australia.

177921[/snapback]

Maybe you do not know this, maybe you do. People regard you, guionM as an insider. I have been elluding to as much for many months now. As a result, you need to be careful how you post and what you post. Why? many people hang their hats on the very words you write as fact.

When if fact you might be speculating or you might not understand the subject matter fully and reporting the facts as you see it, those facts as you may see them have many time been taken out of context and mis reported.

So I will be a forth right and blunt as I can be. Be careful what you write. If you want to be labeled as an insider you have to take the responsibility that goes along with that.

In your own reply back to me about Buick and Pontiac you obviously have already taken information that you have learned out of context. As I said, you have been labeled an insider. It is time that you start reporting information in an accurate manner.

Speaking of Pontiac - program codes with timing are all I need to believe. And I chose to post responsibly on such subjects. As far as Camaro is concerned, I also posted responsibly, and nowhere did I make such claims as you attribute. And I have not spoken on the subject in real long time. In that regard I have tried to be a moderating voice in the rumours and pie in the sky timing you have posted. I have been around this business a real long time to know the way it works.

In conclusion, being a so called insider comes with a little responsibility.

Edited by evok