Sign in to follow this  
Satty

Biggest U.S. oilfield shut

Linkypoo

New worry for drivers: BP shuts oilfield

Damaged pipeline in Alaska affects about 8% of U.S. oil production; record gas may be coming.

By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer

August 7 2006: 12:53 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- In a blow to drivers already struggling with high gasoline prices, BP was forced to shut about 8 percent of the nation's domestic oil production after discovering "unexpectedly severe corrosion" in its pipelines in Alaska.

BP announced early Monday that the pipeline problems had caused it to begin the first shutdown ever in the biggest oilfield in the United States, Alaska's Prudhoe Bay

More worthless crap to read at the link.

Gotta make sure they get a "spike" in before Labor Day weekend. And you guys keep drooling over V8 cars and trucks that don't regularly break 20 mpg? My palms sweat!

Hey, Satty, when's your kid due?

That's just awesome...

Oh well, good thing I'm on my last week of work before school so I won't be making 30 mile round trip commutes any more.

177030[/snapback]

A week from tomorrow.

A week from tomorrow.

177056[/snapback]

Wow, that would have been my Dad's birthday. Keep us posted.

He was supposed to come 8/19 (which happens to be thie birthday of a very good friend of mine) but the doctor only performs c-sections on Tuesdays, so it'll be the 15th, which is 19 days after my birthday and 19 days before my girlfriend's.

Ugh... in 2 weeks I start my 80 miles/day commute! Nooooooooo!

Hitchhike....just show a little leg, you'll get a ride.

Um, I'll plead ignorance, but why is British Petroleum controlling anything of our domestic oil production?

Ugh... in 2 weeks I start my 80 miles/day commute!  Nooooooooo!

177069[/snapback]

OMG! That would kill me. I can get to work in 7 minutes. I'm spoiled and I know it.

Um, I'll plead ignorance, but why is British Petroleum controlling anything of our domestic oil production?

OMG!  That would kill me.  I can get to work in 7 minutes.  I'm spoiled and I know it.

177087[/snapback]

not sure when but they changed it to beyond petroleum... but i know what mean 8)

saw this in our local paper.... dind't think much of it... hmmmmm

Guest YellowJacket894

Gotta find some way to cash in, don't you Exxon, you bunch of rag-tag, filthy assholes.

OMG!  That would kill me.  I can get to work in 7 minutes.  I'm spoiled and I know it.

177087[/snapback]

Don't remember exactly when, but British Petroleum "merged" with Amoco a few years back, kinda like TWA "merged" with AA. I believe these were Amoco lines way back when.

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Don't remember exactly when, but British Petroleum "merged" with Amoco a few years back, kinda like TWA "merged" with AA.  I believe these were Amoco lines way back when.

-RBB

177115[/snapback]

BP has been in the US for quite a while...they also bought Sohio (Standard Oil of Ohio) about 15 years ago, IIRC...I remember when they set up offices in Cleveland when I was living in the area..

Gotta make sure they get a "spike" in before Labor Day weekend.  And you guys keep drooling over V8 cars and trucks that don't regularly break 20 mpg?  My palms sweat!

177030[/snapback]

What's funny is my V8 Mustang gets better mileage (25 hwy) than my 6-cyl Jeep (18 hwy).

I just heard that at a BP Gas Station up the street....were planning to go to jellystone to see yugi and bobo so i dont think thats good news.

Hitchhike....just show a little leg, you'll get a ride.

177072[/snapback]

You're right. I have nice legs.

Might be hard to do that in a suit though. :rolleyes:

You're right.  I have nice legs.

Might be hard to do that in a suit though.  :rolleyes:

177131[/snapback]

Two words: Breakaway pants.

-RBB

They were talking at my station....they think it will be close to 4 bucks by the end of the month...

And Canada is looking at 7 bucks...if the Aveos weren't selling out now.....

wish i had my 58 mpg geo metro still.

You wouldn't want to be inside the Geo if an

Exploder ever hits you though... I'd rather

deal with high gas prices by driving my Q45

at 69mph rather than 83.

Some people were saying over at another board that it's oddly suspicious that BP is now in crisis mode over these pipes despite the billions in profits that should have been going toward preventative maintenance.

Personally, if the prices go up to $4/gallon, I don't think we'll ever see them below $3 again.

It's all about conditioning us to accept it now so we won't rattle the cage so much when they jack the prices up again.

Some people were saying over at another board that it's oddly suspicious that BP is now in crisis mode over these pipes despite the billions in profits that should have been going toward preventative maintenance.

Personally, if the prices go up to $4/gallon, I don't think we'll ever see them below $3 again.

It's all about conditioning us to accept it now so we won't rattle the cage so much when they jack the prices up again.

177430[/snapback]

Yep. :(

For some reason, I think a Metro would be more structurally sound than an Explorer...