Two new Cadillac spots by Modernista!

Flybrian

I uploaded them to YouTube, so enjoy!

-----------------------

New Cadillac TV ads hit the air

Jamie LaReau | | Automotive News / August 15, 2006 - 6:00 am

DETROIT -- General Motors has launched two new 30-second TV commercials for Cadillac. For the first time in four years, Cadillac commercials will not feature Led Zeppelin's music or the voice-over work of actor Gary Sinise.

The two commercials are "Crest" and "Heart." Both use different music, and "Crest" has no voice-overs.

"Heart" is about the supercharged Northstar engine that GM uses only in the Cadillac STS-V and XLR-V. The engines are built by hand in GM's Wixom, Mich., plant.

"People don't expect Cadillac in 2006 to be an automotive brand that has hand-built engines that are crafted from the start to finish by one craftsperson," says Kevin Smith, a Cadillac spokesman.

"Heart" uses New Age music, and the voice-over says, "The engine is connected to the tool, the tool is connected to the hand, the hand is connected to the body, the body is connected to the mind, the mind is connected to the heart."

The commercial "Crest" is specifically about Cadillac and craftsmanship, quality and precision. It opens with acoustic guitar music. The viewer sees a jeweler intently working, pouring metal and selecting jewels.

It's not until the end, when the jewel is done and raised on a pedestal, that the viewer sees it is a Cadillac wreath and crest.

"The idea is to reignite the love affair with Cadillac and to put the wreath and crest on a pedestal," Smith says.

The print ads began appearing in national publications in late July and early August.

The campaign is the first for Cadillac's new ad agency, Modernista. Cadillac ended its 71-year relationship with Leo Burnett in June.

Well they convey more class and luxury than the 'breakthrough' ads so I welcome that. I liked both, specifically the very end of 'Crest' with the emblem rising up and the cursive Cadillac appearing. I guess it's been awhlie since I've seen a Cadillac ad being associated with luxury like that.

I think both ads are great. It's a natrual progression from

the LedZep stuff and these ads both have a subtle way of

communicating what a Cadillac was, should be and will

become again soon with the final brick in the new

foundation. ONce the Zeta Caddy Arrives and the old DTS

is purged from the lineup thje transformation will be

complete & Caddy will be the standars of the world again.

I think both ads are great. It's a natrual progression from

the LedZep stuff and these ads both have a subtle way of

communicating what a Cadillac was, should be and will

become again soon with the final brick in the new

foundation.

183345[/snapback]

i tend to agree with much of this.

the ads are give an aura or sense of luxury.

"Crest" is my favourite as jewlery fabrication is a great symbol for both luxury and precision.

183320[/snapback]

I agree... I liked Crest.

Heart just made me think of recent Camry commercials... "When does a car become more than a..."

Heart is alright, I mean it does a good job but seems like it doesn't say anything about Cadillac...the fleeting glimpse of the XLR isn't enough. C+

Crest is excellent and conveys the luxury theme perfectly. A++\

My only concern is that the quality of the Cadillacs currently offered are not up to the par the commercial implies they are. :/

Strangely I didn't think much of "Crest" because it didn't even show a car. Interestingly somebody over the weekend mentioned to me they had seen a "new" Cadillac on TV and it "looked a lot like a Mustang." I'm quite sure they were talking about the "Heart" ad. I couldn't stop laughing. To me this is the eternal challenge for Cadillac, i.e. getting the masses out of still thinking of them as the "De Ville" company. Having said this however, the person I was talking to is not a luxury car buyer so one might say "who cares" but the problem is a reputation becomes a reputation when EVERYONE knows the reputation.

Hopefully these ads help convey what Cadillac is all about.

We can safely say they are getting mixed reviews. I thought Heart was pretty good. Although I hope they don't have to turn the rachet that slowly when building an engine. It could be better if it showed more power, speed and style in the proression from wrench to XLR, but overall not bad.

I like Crest less. It showed me how to make a bejeweled wreath and crest emblem and showed no product that is worthy or wearing such a bauble.

I think these will appeal less to a younger buying set than Breakthrough did. If they want to appeal to younger buyers they should show smooth leather seats, a well negotiated corner, a Roadside Assistance or Onstar operator and similar things with the Gorillaz Feels Good Inc in the background.

I like the 'Heart' one....I saw it earlier today. I just saw the 'Trickle Down Performance' ad with the CTS-v that has the quick intercuts with racing footage...the 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' theme is as old as the hills, but makes for an affective ad, IMHO..

We can safely say they are getting mixed reviews.  I thought Heart was pretty good.  Although I hope they don't have to turn the rachet that slowly when building an engine.  It could be better if it showed more power, speed and style in the proression from wrench to XLR, but overall not bad.

I like Crest less.  It showed me how to make a bejeweled wreath and crest emblem and showed no product that is worthy or wearing such a bauble.

I think these will appeal less to a younger buying set than Breakthrough did.  If they want to appeal to younger buyers they should show smooth leather seats, a well negotiated corner, a Roadside Assistance or Onstar operator and similar things with the Gorillaz Feels Good Inc in the background.

184140[/snapback]

Im 24 and I thought they were both light years from Breakthrough! Crest def made an impresssion on me, I was rather taken back by it like "wow, that just raised my luxury mindedness of Cadillac when comparing it to a fine jewel" so I think that Crest did well in establishing the Cadillac product as a whole where Heart did some of the same, but showcased the XLR so people's immediate association is with that particular car and not just the World of Cadillac.