Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Saturn Announces New Outlook for Future Portfolio

Saturn Announces New "Outlook" for Future Portfolio

Brand also confirms "Aura" name for production midsize sedan

Posted Image

TRAVERSE CITY , Mich. – Saturn announced today that the all-new midsize crossover utility slated to debut in late 2006 will be named “Outlook.” It will be the third of three new vehicles to join the Saturn lineup for the 2007 model year, doubling the brand’s portfolio from three offerings to six.

“The Outlook will be a key vehicle in our strategy to grow the Saturn brand,” said Jill Lajdziak, Saturn general manager. “It will get us into the expanding midsize crossover segment with a vehicle that features dynamic design and a refined, sophisticated interior.”

With the announcement, Lajdziak also confirmed that Saturn’s 2007 midsize sedan, scheduled to enter production during summer 2006, will carry the name “Aura.” The new sedan takes its name from the acclaimed concept car that also heavily influenced its interior and exterior design.

Lajdziak confirmed that the Aura sedan will be powered by a standard 3.5L V6 engine with variable valve timing, with an optional, sophisticated DOHC 3.6L V6 VVT that produces an estimated 250 horsepower. The 3.6L will be mated to GM’s new, advanced 6-speed FWD automatic transmission.

“Reaction to the Aura name was very positive on the concept car, so we decided to keep it for production,” Lajdziak said. “It will be a very important vehicle to Saturn as we re-enter the competitive midsize car category.”

The 2007 Saturn Aura and Outlook will showcase the new design direction of the brand, first exhibited on the 2007 Sky roadster and Aura concept at the 2005 North American International Auto Show. In coming years, new Saturns will all feature dynamic, European-influenced exterior styling and warm interiors that utilize premium materials for a sophisticated look and feel.

The 2007 Sky roadster will be available in early 2006. These three new vehicles join the Ion small car, Vue compact SUV and Relay crossover sport van.

Yup, I was only 4, and my favorite toy was a rubber 1953 Plymouth Belvedere station wagon.

[post="147"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

awww so cute ;)
I had a little matchbox car and camper trailer that I just was crazy about. But my dream toy was......hey let's start a thread concerning this lol.

What a friggin tease! I have hope seeing that this one picture of barely 1/8 of the exterior shows something that comes off as a departure from conventional GM style. I hope the other lambda's (this is a lambda right?) aren't this with a different grill and certain trims.

The ION is still a ways off, so don't expect to see it soon.  Also, it is not an Astra clone, but if you like the Aura and Opel Insignia concept, you'll like the ION. ;)

[post="1249"][/post]

Insignia?
Posted Image

Now that would be a real sweet Design Style for ION

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that, but with the talk of the quad coupe doors on the GTO, or a version of it, they probably will continue (of course I'm just guessing, I don't know any inside info). AH-HA would know better than me if quad doors will continue. What I was saying about the Inisignia's design is simply the hatchback, I remember hearing that Saturn had "a hot 5-door hatch" to replace the ION, and the Insignia is a hatch.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...