Sign in to follow this  
buickguy

'08 LaCrosse Super Revealed to Dealers

45 posts in this topic

buickguy    0

I got this from another website: Can any dealers please confirm?

LaCrosse Super WAS at the dealer meeting in Vegas last weekend.

It DID look like the China version (similar, imagine with oval grill like lucerne).

It IS due out next summer, only in the CXS version which will come with the same V8 as the Impala SS.

The 2008 CXL and CX *should* have the new front end as well, making the LaCrosse look more like the Lucerne.

Paolino    99

It'd really be stupid if they went out of their way to make such a dramatic change to the car if it's only going to be produced one more year, since it's taking a vacation for 2009.

I can understand maybe a new grille/headlights for 2008, but to introduce such a dramatic change for 1 year? Seems like a waste.

Paolino    99

It IS due out next summer, only in the CXS version which will come with the same V8 as the Impala SS.

The 2008 CXL and CX *should* have the new front end as well, making the LaCrosse look more like the Lucerne.

199863[/snapback]

Okay, I take that back.. what would make sense is throwing the 5.3L under the hood for the CXS and making the 3.6L standard for the CX and CXL. Fat chance though.

loki    287

Okay, I take that back.. what would make sense is throwing the 5.3L under the hood for the CXS and making the 3.6L standard for the CX and CXL.  Fat chance though.

199993[/snapback]

talking to yourself again :lol:

I thought in a nother thread it was kinda decided that the '09s would be produced, but only for a few months... then it'd move to the ep2 ...obviously in time for the '10 MY.

????

Croc    268

Ummm...it was revealed to dealers a YEAR AGO in Vegas...but honestly I highly doubt it's coming at this point.

As far as "looking like the Chinese version" well duh they're both W-bodies. BUT...it won't be just like the Chinese version.

Paolino    99

talking to yourself again  :lol:

I thought in a nother thread it was kinda decided that the '09s would be produced, but only for a few months... then it'd move to the ep2 ...obviously in time for the '10 MY.

????

199999[/snapback]

I have great conversations with myself :AH-HA_wink:

I thought it was discussed recently that in 2008 (not the model year, but the actual year), the plant was being shut down to be retooled and updated to build the ep2, and then the NG LaCrosse would debut in winter 2009.

thedriver    39

At least it wouldn't really cost GM too much money because all the tooling and design has already been done if they use the Chinese parts. They can import the parts on the same ships that carry the Equinox engines. . .

If anything, LaCrosse needs to dump anything below the CXS trim-as I've said in other threads, the time when Buicks are equipped like Chevrolet's need to end once and for all.

Flybrian    0

If anything, LaCrosse needs to dump anything below the CXS trim-as I've said in other threads, the time when Buicks are equipped like Chevrolet's need to end once and for all.

200070[/snapback]

Amen to that.

Guest Josh   
Guest Josh

LaCrosse Super WAS at the dealer meeting in Vegas last weekend.

199863[/snapback]

Now I'm not quoting this or saying this to be rude or crass, but Croc, is this not what I said not even a week ago on this web-site?

Look for a globalized Buick styling theme with the Chinese LaCrosse coming out on top.

Paolino    99

Now I'm not quoting this or saying this to be rude or crass, but Croc, is this not what I said not even a week ago on this web-site?

Look for a globalized Buick styling theme with the Chinese LaCrosse coming out on top.

200074[/snapback]

Well, I'm hoping the next gen lacrosse is much nicer than the chinese lacrosse. Not a big fan. I'd like to see something more sports/luxury.

Croc    268

200074[/snapback]

See my post above.

Northstar    11

I don't think the new front end looks very similar to the Chinese LaCrosse, it's really more in line with the Lucerne.

Of course the NG LaCrosse is going to look like the NG Chinese LaCrosse... they're the same car.

Guest Josh   
Guest Josh

Also, the next gen LaCrosse is not going to simply be a "Chinese LaCrosse".....different crash test standards in China than here in the U.S. So, it's going to have obvious differences but, styling themes will be similar.

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

There are ways to make a car acheive crash tests for two different markets while keeping the same basic design. An example that comes to mind first would be the Commodore and GTO. :wink:

I just wanted to point that out. :)

Edited by YellowJacket894

Regalguy01    0

200070[/snapback]

AGREED!!!!!

Intrepidation    848

Oh joy...another lame attempt at being a performance car by throwing a V8 into an old FWD platform...Funny how only GM could think this idea up (and thank god).

F this thing and put the saved money towards a full redesign on a platform from this Millenium...and make it RWD...then stuff a V8 under the hood.

Flybrian    0

F this thing and put the saved money towards a full redesign on a platform from this Millenium...and make it RWD...then stuff a V8 under the hood.

200313[/snapback]

Or a 2.7. Those are f@#king hot.

Intrepidation    848

Or a 2.7. Those are f@#king hot.

200317[/snapback]

Referring to a base Magnum and comparing it with atop of the Buick? mmk. That was well thought out comeback.

Edited by Dodgefan

Flybrian    0

Referring to a base Magnum and comparing it with atop of the Buick? mmk. That was well thought out comeback.

200318[/snapback]

More well-thought out than the 2.7 as an engine choice!

:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime::ohyeah::ohyeah::ohyeah:

Intrepidation    848

More well-thought out than the 2.7 as an engine choice!

:pbjtime:  :pbjtime:  :pbjtime:  :ohyeah:  :ohyeah:  :ohyeah:

200322[/snapback]

Been saving that haven't you? :P

Still...I think they should just sae this "super" and the V8 for a redesign on a better platform. FWD V8 with probably a 4-speed = not good.

Paolino    99

Been saving that haven't you? :P

Still...I think they should just sae this "super" and the V8 for a redesign on a better platform. FWD V8 with probably a 4-speed = not good.

200324[/snapback]

It's already done on 2 cars. It's just a small attempt at getting any extra sales they can for the thing.

Flybrian    0

And how's it working out on those other cars?  TORQUE STEER!

200350[/snapback]

Um, actually, not quite. I test drove a GXP around the time they came out and its surprisingly docile even at full throttle, especially considering 323lb-ft of torque coming in low in a medium-weight car.

Drew Dowdell    5,159

Um, actually, not quite. I test drove a GXP around the time they came out and its surprisingly docile even at full throttle.

200351[/snapback]

Apparently the GXP handles the torque better than the SS. Not sure why.... maybe it's the odd tires.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this