1st Annual C&G Member's Rides Calendar

Posted Image

In commemoration of our fifth year online, we are proud to announce the beginning of a new tradition. Please join us in assembling our 1st Annual Member's Rides Calendar by submitting photos of your vehicle.

Twelve lucky C&G members will have their vehicles featured in a beautiful 8 1/2" x 14" wall calendar available directly from C&G, profits from which go to funding the site. Pricing has not yet been set, but expect it to be far under $20.

To Enter:

Please submit a high-resolution photo of your vehicle to [email protected]. Include the following information:

• Your name
  • Year/Make/Model/Trim (i.e. 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS, 2002 Chevy Camaro SS)
  • Your location (city & state/province/etc)
  • Your vehicle's nickname (if applicable)
  • A short description, comments, or interesting story regarding your vehicle if desired. Remember to keep it clean!
  • Please include in e-mail subject line "C&G PHOTO CONTEST"
You may post different photos in the Member's Rides Forum if you'd like opinions on which photo to submit, but final submissions must be e-mailed!

Rules:

• Photos must be 1600x1200 or greater
  • Entries must be submitted by 11:59PM on Thursday, November 30, 2006
  • Photos must be of a General Motors product or a product of a General Motors affiliate. See list below.
  • Allowed Vehicle Marques:

Geo, Saturn, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, SAAB, HUMMER, Opel, Vauxhall, Holden.

P.S. Oaklands, LaSalles, Vikings, and Marquettes are welcome, too, so all sixteen of you...

Any Photography Tips?

In general, whatever you feel makes you car look best. Keep in mind basic lighting rules and lens cap removal, but anything else is up to you. If you want a beautiful city skyline, a grand house, or just an open parking lot as a backdrop, its your choice. Experiment with the angles to make your car look the best and most of all, have fun! Remember, you're free to share as many photos as you'd like, but you may only submit one!

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

Brian,

Awesome idea. Don't mean to poop on the party, but just FYI - CafePress (and most other publishers) will not approve use of car images due to brand logos / badges trademark / copyright issues. That's why many products that have pictures of cars on automotive products have logos / names edited out. Correct me if I'm wrong :AH-HA_wink:

p.s. you may be able to create a calendar and get it published quickly before anyone notices, but if someone flags it before it gets printed, it would end up to be a lot of wasted effort.

Allen K

Posted Image

In commemoration of our fifth year online, we are proud to announce the beginning of a new tradition. Please join us in assembling our 1st Annual Member's Rides Calendar by submitting photos of your vehicle.

Twelve lucky C&G members will have their vehicles featured in a beautiful 11" x 8 1/2" wall calendar available from CafePress for $18.00, profits from which go to funding the site.

To Enter:

Please submit a high-resolution photo of your vehicle to [email protected]. Include the following information:

• Your name

• Year/Make/Model/Trim (i.e. 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS, 2002 Chevy Camaro SS)

• Your location (city & state/province/etc)

• Your vehicle's nickname (if applicable)

• A short description, comments, or interesting story regarding your vehicle if desired. Remember to keep it clean!

• Please include in e-mail subject line "C&G PHOTO CONTEST"
    You may post different photos in the Member's Rides Forum if you'd like opinions on which photo to submit, but final submissions must be e-mailed!

Rules:

• Photos must be 1600x1200 or greater

• Entries must be submitted by 11:59PM on Thursday, November 30, 2006

• Photos must be of a General Motors product or a product of a General Motors affiliate. See list below.
  • Allowed Vehicle Marques:

Geo, Saturn, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, SAAB, HUMMER, Opel, Vauxhall, Holden.

P.S. Oaklands, LaSalles, Vikings, and Marquettes are welcome, too, so all sixteen of you...

Any Photography Tips?

In general, whatever you feel makes you car look best. Keep in mind basic lighting rules and lens cap removal, but anything else is up to you. If you want a beautiful city skyline, a grand house, or just an open parking lot as a backdrop, its your choice. Experiment with the angles to make your car look the best and most of all, have fun! Remember, you're free to share as many photos as you'd like, but you may only submit one!

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

211046[/snapback]

No Mazda Millenia? I ought to slap you, Fly. Just because this is a GM enthusiast website doesn't mean its member's have to have GM vehicles in order to get on a Member's Rides calender. How discriminatory. Pfft...

Fine, I'll just enter anyways to fill up your email inbox. I'll enter my blown engine Grand Am, too. :P

Did it just get immature in here?

You should just photoshop a C&G logo on top of every vehicle logo, then technically you aren't breaking their rules. Or it just looks stupid.

If it were a 2004 calendar then NOS' Camaro would totally have to be on the front, since 2004 was declared the International Year of Rice by the UN.

Did it just get immature in here?

211197[/snapback]

You have no sense of sarcasm.

Anywho, I will enter my Grand Am. It may have a blown engine, among many other problems, but it still looks good on the outside. I could enter the Sunfire, too. Either way, both are GM vehicles and I'm pretty much the only one on C&G with either (that have been posted about or shown in signatures), so I might have somewhat of a chance. :D

Anyone know how I can retrieve a picture that I am currently using as a desktop? I can't find the file on the PC or on imageshack!

Z28_luvr: I think it's one of the pics you edited for me... do you still have those by any chance?

Anyone know how I can retrieve a picture that I am currently using as a desktop?  I can't find the file on the PC or on imageshack! 

Z28_luvr: I think it's one of the pics you edited for me... do you still have those by any chance?

211260[/snapback]

I sure do. I think they're on the PC at work. I'll forward it to you tomorrow.

I already have my pic picked out. I'll be sending it shortly, Fly.

I guess I could enter a pic of my dad's 48 chevy pickup which is sitting in the garage...granted, the only part sitting in the garage is the rolling chassis...all the body panels and everything else is in storage at the moment.

Anyone know how I can retrieve a picture that I am currently using as a desktop?  I can't find the file on the PC or on imageshack! 

211260[/snapback]

I sure do. I think they're on the PC at work. I'll forward it to you tomorrow.

I already have my pic picked out. I'll be sending it shortly, Fly.

211432[/snapback]

Thank you very much! Who know's if it will make it into the calendar, but I still want it for myself.

hmm...im going home for thanksgiving... so ill get my car all nice and clean and find a nice spot to take some pictures of it...

This is an excellent idea.  I'd like to enter a pic of my truck, but I don't know how to edit out the date stamp if I use my work camera to take the pictures.

211922[/snapback]

There should be an option to turn off the date stamp before you take the pics.

So far, I have the following entires...

• Chevyguy2001's Cobalt
    • Northstar's GTO
    • TamaZ71's Canyon
    • Wildmanjoe's Eighty-Eight
    • Robert Thuerck's Regal LSE
    If your name is not above and you've entered, plese resend your entry.

If you haven't entered, please enter now. There are currently 17 days left until the deadline to get YOUR photo considered for the C&G Member's Rides calendar.

As a reminder, if you have more than one vehicle, feel free to submit one great photo of each vehicle. Enter now! :)

Awesome idea :).

Hmmm...tho, depending on who all submits, I doubt my MCs would make the cut....

Ah, well ....

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

215558[/snapback]

I fall into that category....you've got mail. 8)

You have to at least include the 1972. The 1972 is sweet. If not for the MC mudflaps, then for the fuzzy dice. ^_^

*chuckles*

Well, that's a convincing argument ;).

And, thanks for the compliment :).

HRm...OK...which one ya'll think I should submit:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/1106/DSC07636r8_jpg.html

(or)

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/1106/DSC07676r8_jpg.html

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I'm going to make it to heaven" ... Irene Cara ... 'Fame'

Edited by knightfan26917

One per car, or one period?

In other words can I submit one photo of the Super 88

and also one of my old '68 Camaro?

Depending on the number and variety of entires. The original concept called for voting from Dec 1-15 as to select one Chevy, one Chevy truck, one Pontiac etc, but depending on the number of entries, we may just have a 'Top 12' or we way do it by Mod committee.

Nautrally, if we have 12 or less entries, everyone is in.

In any case, every submission that meets criteria will be somehow feautured in the calendar. Guaranteed. ;)

So far, I have the following entires...

• Flybrian's Aurora
    • Chevyguy2001's Cobalt
    • Northstar's GTO
    • TamaZ71's Canyon
    • Wildmanjoe's Eighty-Eight
    • Robert Thuerck's Regal LSE
    • AAS' Camaro SS
    • Schuby87 & NOS' GTP/Camaro entry
    • Z28luvr's Cobalt
    • !!!TED!!!'s Lumina
    • ZHawk's Skylark and Camaro

If you haven't entered, please enter now. There are currently 8 days left until the deadline to get YOUR photo considered for the C&G Member's Rides calendar.

As a reminder, if you have more than one vehicle, feel free to submit one great photo of each vehicle. Enter now! :)

215558[/snapback]