Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Doane

Doogie Howser 'MO

73 posts in this topic

Yeah, Doogie's been doing the Doggie. Not a huge shock as the gay press has been hinting at this for years.

It's pretty hilarious to see the determined denial in the congregation members interviewed in the Evangelical leader's gay scandal... even after a partial admission right off the bat. Shades of "I did not inhale..."

For me (and please don't be too angry with what I'm about to say), between this, other isolated incidents and the whole Catholic abuse debacle, organized religion has become a joke. The faithful look like fools in the face of all this. Believe in God if it is right for you, read your texts, interpret them for yourselves, but don't depend on others to dictate what your faith should look like.

Which takes us back to this: real, secure straight guys are too busy chasing pu**y to even care what gay guys are doing. And that's just fine. It's all these overly-fascinated haters that you have to watch. They're like ticking time bombs, and it's sad.

I swear, I should keep track of how many times my gaydar is right. I pegged him YEARS ago. And TR Knight :AH-HA_wink:

so he's gay...big f@#king deal :rolleyes:

212035[/snapback]

Isn't it great how somebody got paid money to interview him and write a little blog about how he's openly gay? So very dumb.

Which takes us back to this:  real, secure straight guys are too busy chasing pu**y to even care what gay guys are doing.  And that's just fine.

212033[/snapback]

it all tastes good, some of us like Italian, and some like Mexican. Both are zesty though!

that's what makes America great. except toyota. toyota blows.

Edited by regfootball

I never thought twice about Doogie being gay. My gaydar never was well developed.

I hate to admit it, but I do get some amount of pleasure from this whole Haggart fiasco. I know I shouldn't benefit from the troubles of other people, but he's such a freakin' hypocrite, I can't help it. I do feel sorry for his wife and his family for what they are going through.

The softie in me even feels a small amount of sympathy for him. Even though his situation was of his own making, I can't imagine being in that position. I would have had a mental meltdown ages ago.

Which takes us back to this:  real, secure straight guys are too busy chasing pu**y to even care what gay guys are doing.  And that's just fine. 

212033[/snapback]

So that's what I've been doing the past many years? :D

You're next Anderson Cooper...

212005[/snapback]

Anderson Cooper doesn't actively hide it. Just because he hasn't been on the cover of Time with "Yep! I'm Gay!" doesn't mean he's not out.

It's really goofy that anyone would allow themselves to be on the cover of Time or People with that kind of headline. Can't he just bring a cute guy to an awards dinner or something? That Backstreet Boy looked like such a dweeb doing that. His bf is hot though.

Always late and clueless...just read it on the front page of msn.com last night. Did not read the article. Had neither the time nor desire.

The parade of who's into dudes (both voluntary and involuntary disclosure) has been rather boring lately. So what.

Gimme some of those LESBIANS in the entertainment world coming out. Not much of that lately. Sorry, but lesbians have that EDGE that gay guys don't. And it makes me very combative toward them...there's one at work who is a complete bitch that I got into some hefty trouble about 3 weeks ago...she is the aknowledged "resident troublemaker" in the firm and an executive in the firm "alluded" to the fact that she is on the brink of dismissal for work and conduct reasons, so I am not off-base here. All the lezzies that come out have that hardness about them (Rosie, Jodie, Melissa, Ellen and K.D. Lang)...all so brittle and calloused in their own way. The gay guys are nowhere near as provocative.

Edited by trinacriabob

It's really goofy that anyone would allow themselves to be on the cover of Time or People with that kind of headline.

Not goofy.....thats a gay attention whore "hey everybody look at me...hehehehehe"

The thing about gay guys poping up in religion.......is so obvious......my daughter and I just had a talk about this for her psychology class. I cant believe so many people dont get it. It will be great when the religious repression of same sex people ends and they stop running to God to try to be cured.

One of the men I rented this house from and then bought it from was a Catholic priest.......if he wasnt born gay Ill eat my old socks. He had the voice, the features, all the characteristics. He was also one great guy. When he first bought the house and came to see me, he lowered my rent. Then when he held the mortgage it had a "spring mud season" clause in it so I could fall behind during spring as long as I caught right back up over the summer. I sure hope he has not had any alterboy urges, I actually figure him to be above that.

My sisters first boyfriend..........if he was not gay.......Ill eat another sock. He had all the characteristics. He was ultra religious and so became my sister. Shortly after they went off to college, he broke their relationship off and went into what ever school its called for Methodist Ministers. My theory is that he had some experience occur and ran to hide behind God and be cured of his "sins".

This is my 100% belief, these guys are scared by their tendencies and scared by a lifetime of religious badgering that makes them feel sinful. So they run to God in hopes of being cured and loosing all sexual tendencies. Well....ya know what.....we're all human and sex is a very powerful part of our makeup. Some just cant hold up and .........ew!........look to young boys.....ew!........for relief? Thats kinda freeky........the young boy thing........I dont think I should have gone there. But anyhow I dont believe they all started out as pedofiles, just scared gay men going to the wrong place in search of santuary.

Perhaps this is another form of "timebomb"

However as has been proven "comming out of the closet" is not all its cracked up to be.

Razor, for all your sharp edges, that was actually a pretty insightful post, imo. I believe pretty much the same thing about a lot of clergy. Opression and repression are very harmful phenomena, and it makes sense that some people would immerse themselves in religion to take their mind off their worldly needs, if they themselves deem those needs sinful. But God himself (if you believe in him, if not, biology) made us sexual beings. We cannot run from that forever. So many pathologies root in sexual repression.

Razor, for all your sharp edges, that was actually a pretty insightful post, imo 

212317[/snapback]

Damn you, PB, does that mean razor makes insightful posts and I don't??? :angry: :AH-HA_wink:

Bobby, your edges aren't sharp. They're soft and feminine, like a Summer's Eve. :smilewide::pbjtime:

Bobby, your edges aren't sharp.  They're soft and feminine, like a Summer's Eve. :smilewide:  :pbjtime:

212328[/snapback]

Typical a-hole always on the lookout for "clues"...just as I pointed out in a previous post.

Will you quit? Nothing in my post suggests anything about your sex thing. You put it there, I didn't.

Razor, for all your sharp edges, that was actually a pretty insightful post, imo.  I believe pretty much the same thing about a lot of clergy.  Opression and repression are very harmful phenomena, and it makes sense that some people would immerse themselves in religion to take their mind off their worldly needs, if they themselves deem those needs sinful.  But God himself (if you believe in him, if not, biology) made us sexual beings.  We cannot run from that forever.  So many pathologies root in sexual repression.

212317[/snapback]

Yup. Unfortunately, I doubt an organization like the Catholic Church would be very cooperative in a psychological study to get some concrete evidence about this sort of stuff.

I saw a program concerning sexuality and repression of it and the current one we are comming out of dated to, I believe the "Victorian" period. I didnt strike it all to memory and it was a few years ago. Prior to that everyone was nothin but a bunch of perverts.........too......... :lol: We all know the Romans were'nt shy........they even had giant open........public restrooms............now that was sick.

Typical a-hole always on the lookout for "clues"...just as I pointed out in a previous post.

212331[/snapback]

Sorry but if anyone is an a-hole lately, its you.

Maybe you should try this:

Posted Image

Razor, you just went dull on me. Peeing and pooping aren't "sick"... lack of them are, however. I guess for the Romans it was no big deal because everybody did it. Just look to little kids for guidance... when they have to go, they just speak up and tell their mommy or daddy.

Having said that... I am the most poopshy person I know when in a public restroom. The room has to be empty before I do what I need to do. And public restrooms without piped-in music, don't get me started... :AH-HA_wink:

Yup.  Unfortunately, I doubt an organization like the Catholic Church would be very cooperative in a psychological study to get some concrete evidence about this sort of stuff.

212333[/snapback]

OK, this has turned the tide toward religion. I'm a loosely practicing Catholic (it suits me better than do the other religions). I've always thought that the clergy should be allowed to marry. It would increase the number called to that vocation who may have avoided it because of the celibacy requirement, would proportionately decrease the number of those who are in it for the "wrong" reason and would equalize the Catholic church with the other Christian denominations where this is allowed -- even the closest kin, which is the Greek Orthodox church, where their clergy can marry.

Still, through 16 years of Catholic school, I've never encountered any "problems," as most of the religious people (and most of the teachers/profs were actually lay people) were there to help me and educate me. I'd like to think they did a good job. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. However, I will add that some of the religious people were slightly "odd," for whatever that's worth.

Razor, you just went dull on me.  Peeing and pooping aren't "sick"... lack of them are, however.  I guess for the Romans it was no big deal because everybody did it. 

212338[/snapback]

And when your sewage system doubles as your streets, you probably get less fussy about such things.

Sorry but if anyone is an a-hole lately, its you.

Maybe you should try this:

Posted Image

212336[/snapback]

Thanks, Chris.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this