Production Enclave shots!

avant1963

Wish they'd show the LaCrosse Super already--it's not like it's going to be groundbreaking, nor be around long--I mean, one year of production before the new model comes out.

From what I can tell...other than smaller wheels.. I can't see ANY difference from the concept. :thumbsup: Lacrosse Super looks good too though, all I see is vent ports (similar to the Enclave's) and some sweet (9 spoke?) rims.

Somehow I feel like it's trying to pretend that it's taken from a camera phone, but it's not.

The way the guy turns back to cover the camera looks very fake.

213911[/snapback]

agreed since it looked like he planed to turn around I Never turned around like just to scan the crowd. plus if it was a camera phone 1) its to clear 2) the guys hand didn't cover the lense.

Definately a fake. That guy at the end ruined it with his bad acting. The Enclave looks great. No surprise there. Lacrosse Super looks the same. Makes sense though. It's being replaced in a couple years. Why the hell would they spend money on extensive cosmetic changes? Portholes and new rims are enough. Can't wait for the Epsilon II Lacrosse.

Edited by Cadillacfan

if you shink the pics/video the resolution is much clearer.

the ventports are different, sleeker, more streamlined.

if you compare these pics to concept. the grille, headlights(minus the concept features), bumper, hood, etc are identical otherwise!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

post-341-1163130596_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbartley

The car in the background is definitely a LaCrosse with Portholes and new rims, and it looks really good. Why is it on site if this is a viral and they're not going to produce it? Or why is it on site if this is a real video? Why would they need a LaCrosse Super with a production Enclave, and based on the tires and portholes this is the production Enclave, if everybody is on the basic consensus that there isn't enough time for a LaCrosse Super to be produced?

Answers please. This should definitely be an issue of conversation. Either way they purposely went out of the way to make sure the LaCrosse Super was seen- and for viral marketing purposes or not- it shouldn't be there if it's not slated to come out still and everyone here who is knowledgeable on the topic do not see enough time for a LaCrosse Super to be in production.

Posted Image

its very much a well made and well placed advertisement. its a welcome way to advertise.

and if anyone cares those doctors you see on the weight loss commercials arent real doctors. most lawyers are paid actors...and the people with the ripped abs

had them before they started the ablounge.

i say nicely done, gm.

Frankly, I think the Lacrosse super is a waste of money and other resources (including time). It will only be in production for a year and a half and there still isn't much of a reason to get one over its more competent and modern rivals.

Frankly, I think the Lacrosse super is a waste of money and other resources (including time). It will only be in production for a year and a half and there still isn't much of a reason to get one over its more competent and modern rivals.

214138[/snapback]

and the like thinking...

i think if it boosts sales... say...50% for the ~1-2years it's out.... then it can be worth it. the engine, ports, and possible front (from what we know) is probably some of the cheapest things to change through the "preproduction line", unless it's more than that and upgrading the frame to the new impy revised specs,

it is a wait and see idea, but from here it seems pretty minimal in cost untill they have EPII platform for it ready, just to not let them "rot on lots" or discontinue them.

Buick opts for viral marketing

DETROIT, Nov. 13 (UPI) -- A division of General Motors Corp. admits to posting on YouTube a faux-bootleg ad featuring a 2008 model that has yet to be revealed.

The episode posted by Buick apparently marks the carmaker's first venture into what is known as viral marketing, the Detroit News said Monday.

The 60-second clip had all the marks of a classic bootleg video, wobbly camera shots, grainy images and poor quality sound. But it also offered a view of the never-before-seen 2008 Buick Enclave crossover utility vehicle.

It was an instant hit, showing up on popular automotive sites such as Jalopnik and Autoblog that posted links to the video, with readers posting comments.

A Buick spokesman said Sunday evening that the video was shot two weeks ago in Los Angeles to build excitement for the Enclave's world introduction at the Los Angeles Auto Show later this month.

"We wanted to do something different," Darovitz said. "The idea was to make it look like a video stolen from an advertising shoot. We knew we weren't going to fool anybody. We just wanted to do something different that would create buzz."