Solstice the worst?

Todays paper lists the Consumer Reports most and least reliable cars. The Solstice is the worst in the Sports Car category......Bad for GM again

214115[/snapback]

What you really need is actual numbers and not just a "best" and "least". Let's say the best has 115 flaws per 100 cars while the worst has 116. It makes little sense. Now, if the best had 115 and the worst had 200 or more, then that's a disparity worth noting.

As always, I need to see real figures and not just a textual comparitive.

I saw one article and it sounded nitpicky...

Article

The magazine also criticized the Subaru B9 Tribeca, the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Pontiac Solstice.

Speaking of the Solstice, a two-seat roadster, Champion cited a lot of little flaws.

"There is no place to put your cell phone," he said. "The cup holders are behind you, so every time you try and take a drink, you spill your drink."

Speaking of the Solstice, a two-seat roadster, Champion cited a lot of little flaws.

"There is no place to put your cell phone," he said. "The cup holders are behind you, so every time you try and take a drink, you spill your drink."

OMG....Really????? You know what, this is the last straw. I can't be a fan of a company that allows problems like these in their cars. I'm selling my Cobalt and Corvette and buying a new Tundra. Good day, gents. *turns nose up*

OMG....Really????? You know what, this is the last straw. I can't be a fan of a company that allows problems like these in their cars. I'm selling my Cobalt and Corvette and buying a new Tundra. Good day, gents. *turns nose up*

214164[/snapback]

uh...

since you're leaving

can I have your admin account?

Relying on Consumer Reports for car recommendations is like relying on the town drunk to suggest a good wine to go with your dinner.

214424[/snapback]

yeah but the town drunk is more likely to tell you get the thunderbird wine. or cold duck. as far as credibility goes, yeah, sure then.

no cupholders. unbelievable. and my cell phone. (if i had one) jeez. lord o' mighty. what am i supposed to do? drive my car? forget about it.

arent they sold out anyway?

I only read your relpies guys, but like it or not, somewhere, someone or many people at GM are overlooking some very basic, taken for granted, design features. I honestly belief we have people there trying to "reinvent the wheel".

There are problem, there are no excuses for, like it or not. :(

I'll say no more.

arent they sold out anyway?

214488[/snapback]

I dont think so, two weeks ago I could of had my choice of 2 Solstice or two sky. Problem with the Solstice for me is they have the inventory artifically low and that "under $20,000 roadster" we were promised, is now "over twenty" for starters but is showing up well loaded and priced just under 27,000. That I find deceptive and a bit of a turn off.

Much of the story will be told by sales come, next summers end.

I'm not surprised by this, and I think Consumer Reports is right on this.

This car is full of compromises, and really, that's what it's supposed to be. The Solstice is meant as the second or third vehicle that you can pop the top down on a sunny summers' day and cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course it was the worst.... The Solstice is a hot and important car and it's a Pontiac so CR has to dump on it all they can.

It's leading the GM renaissance, saving Pontiac and appealing to everyone, you'd better believe CR will place it last.

Truthfully though, they probably didn't have any ballots turned in on it and put it last by default. Afterall, what LOGICAL car guy would read a crap-tastic rag like CR for confirmation of his purchase?!?!

The cell phone thing is silly. I probably only take mine out of my pocket half the time I'm driving, and the other half I forget to take it out. Plus, if you're driving you're not really supposed to need your cell phone to talk on, right? :P

The cupholder thing is slightly more of an issue, but the only times I ever drink in the car is if I just got done playing basketball and need a drink or one of the few occasions I've eaten in the car.