Preview: Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept

Preview: Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept

Posted Image

The Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' will make its debut at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the division announced today. The concept provides a glimpse at the next generation Acura exotic sports car.

As a part of the global commitment to the Acura brand, Honda Motor Co. Ltd.'s President and CEO Takeo Fukui will be delivering the keynote remarks at the Acura press conference.

Additional details on the Advanced Sports Car Concept will be announced on Sunday, Jan. 7th at 1:20 pm the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

[source: Honda Motor Company]

Looks like it was carved by an angry Russian butcher.

No that's not a complement. I think the same thing

about the new RDX. Speakin iof which...

Here's another funny Acura concept:

Tell me it does not look like a female cat in heat that

is croutching down in front but has its p***y in the air

so as to "PRESENT" itself to the male cat?

Posted Image

It's front engined, the MR NSX replacement was cancelled some time ago.

230621[/snapback]

The HSC was canceled. Whether or not the next NSX (if this vehicle is even going to be called an NSX) will be FR or MR hasn't been confirmed by anyone. Of course it would make sense to make it FR, that way it could share a platform with a sedan (RL) and maybe other cars in the lineup. That would be the most profitable (or Toyota) way to go, but that doesn't mean it's what Honda is going to do.

• 2 weeks later...

The words "Acura" and "exotic" should never be in the same paragraph, much less the same sentence.

I'm sure it'll be a loser, much like the last NSX.

More exotic than an every-neighbor-has-one Corvette.

The NSX wasn't a loser, what are you talking about?

siegen, don't you know, that's part of the beauty of Corvette. Technologically, it is an exotic car at a (nearly) everyman price. Brilliant.

However, I am interested in hearing why FOG thinks the NSX was a loser, first time I've heard that adjective attached to that car.

siegen, don't you know, that's part of the beauty of Corvette. Technologically, it is an exotic car at a (nearly) everyman price. Brilliant.

The Corvette isn't a bad car at all, but being so common, it does ruin any sort of excitement induced when seeing one. It is not really an exotic. Although if a Japanese guy bought one and imported it to Japan, he could call it an exotic over there. Consider what exotic means:

Exotic:

1. of foreign origin or character; not native;

2. strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic hairstyle.

3. of a uniquely new or experimental nature

The only real lousy aspect of the NSX are the recent models' exposed headlamps. Ruins the look of the car from the front. But...that's, like, it.

Yes, I've always prefered the look of the older ones with the pop-up headlights... I've long been a fan of the NSX..pretty unique car...great to drive (I love the feel of the manual steering), great handling...not a drag strip car, but for the winding roads.. '90s NSX is on my list of cars I want to own eventually.