It ain't so bad

well boys and girls. i'm sitting here and typing one handed because the other one is holding my little bundle of joy. I've come to a realization, it isn't bad at all to be a dad. we've only been home for a few hours and already I know this is what I've wanted to be. Holding my little one in my arms for a little while, even if she's screaming her lungs out and crying like the devil is a great feeling, I know that one day it'll all end, but right now, I really really love being a dad, seeing those big blue-gray eyes look up at me, I know that this is the right thing and it can't get any more right. Hopefully I'll have a picture or two up of her soon. So, how's about the rest of you dads, whaddaya think?

I'm glad you're cut out for it, because I'm not. When I'm on a plane or wherever and I hear the shrill scream of infants crying, I don't want to be around. Others who have the same feelings say that this changes when it's your own flesh and blood. If you're happy, I'm happy.

Thanks all. Tonight is the first night at home and I think the little one is still getting adjusted to home. She's cried more than ever since she's been here, but its still a good feeling to watch her look up at me and smile, then burrow her little head back into my shoulder and go back to sleep (she's not diggin' the bed right now, however she's diggin' dad's shoulder). Too bad all my nights are going to be like this for the next two-ish years till she can do the sleep thing on her own.

Thanks all. Right now I'm having to deal with her back at the hospital. She's got Jaundice, so they're going to cook her under the lights for the rest of the night and with all hopes, her and mommy will be coming home tomorrow. And I do plan on taking as many videos and pictures as possible so I can embarass the hell out of her when the time comes (just as my mom and dad did to me).

well boys and girls. i'm sitting here and typing one handed because the other one is holding my little bundle of joy. I've come to a realization, it isn't bad at all to be a dad. we've only been home for a few hours and already I know this is what I've wanted to be. Holding my little one in my arms for a little while, even if she's screaming her lungs out and crying like the devil is a great feeling, I know that one day it'll all end, but right now, I really really love being a dad, seeing those big blue-gray eyes look up at me, I know that this is the right thing and it can't get any more right. Hopefully I'll have a picture or two up of her soon. So, how's about the rest of you dads, whaddaya think?

many congrats your way. Its amazing the new life it brings to you as a parent.

Its like in the course of a few hours, your whole outlook changes. Everything becomes clear. Things that used to matter, now don't. Things that didn't, now do.

Enjoy the ride buddy. Nothing better in the world than the feel of your newborn in your arms. Nothing. and baby smell is the best too.

Time to minivan shop.

Edited by regfootball

I'd rather buy a Magnum (actually the wife would too) than one of those......

Just watch out... if you happen to get one and it's got a HEMI... and your daughter gets it when she's sixteen... you'll have a hard time keeping dudes away from her...

Congratulations, 76!

Don't say the dreaded m-van word! No, mine poor virgin ears won't stand to hear it, I'd rather buy a Magnum (actually the wife would too) than one of those...... *runs off holding his ears and screaming*

she hasn't played with a caravan keyfob yet, opening those power doors and power rear hatch.

the magnum is a great idea though!

is the kid eating well?

Eating, pooping, squirming, and crying just like a normal baby. I don't PLAN on giving her the Caravan key fob. And she's not going to get the Hemi powered Magnum (that is if we get one at all), she's going to get the truck, that way IF she hits something, she's going to damn well tear IT up.