Repairable?

Cory Wolfe

Posted Image

That is a CD of mine. I'm not sure how it got like that. I hope it's repairable. It plays... sort of. The first half of the CD endlessly skips, jumps, etc. Only my computer actually plays it. The second half sounds unscathed for the most part. I'd like to atleast rip this CD onto my pc so I could make a new copy of it. I just wonder if I can repair it enough to be able to do that, atleast. Any suggestions?

Hmmmm.....that looks like it got ran over by a car. I suppose you could try one of those cd repair kits, it fixed one of my cd's a while back, but it was not that bad. The kit probably cost more than a new cd so it is probably not worth it though.

Edited by REDO1GPGT

I know how to rip it, I just haven't tried yet. Half of the songs are salvageable, but I don't know about the others. Was hoping I'd be able to salvage the CD itself... but as it's been noticed, it's pretty bad.

Fly, it's a Papa Roach CD. I may be ghey, but I'm not that ghey. Hanson... *shudders* :P

Furniture polish? Hmmm, I've heard someone using car polish, but I dunno, I'd say either flushing the toilet with one in it (I've heard that from TONS of people saying to works) to using the CD cleaner/repair thing. It might not get all the scratches out, but it might allow to to salvage the songs you like on the first half of the cd.

Microwave shiny side up always does the trick. after 10 seconds in the wave take out and smooth plastic with finger.

Edited by capriceman

Not only should you burn another CD, but you should put more stuff on there, too. Look at all that wasted space!

A lot of popular musicians record 10-12 2-4-minute songs and call it an album. I bought the first Linkin Park CD. The thing didn't even last the duration of my 45-minute commute. That's not an album... That's a demo tape.

Not only should you burn another CD, but you should put more stuff on there, too. Look at all that wasted space!

A lot of popular musicians record 10-12 2-4-minute songs and call it an album. I bought the first Linkin Park CD. The thing didn't even last the duration of my 45-minute commute. That's not an album... That's a demo tape.

It's still a damn good "demo tape!"

Microwave shiny side up always does the trick. after 10 seconds in the wave take out and smooth plastic with finger.

I've done that to Limp Bizkit CD's... but for the reason opposite of 'repairing them'.

Didn't hurt me much. They weren't mine, and the guy that owned them was drunk at the time, so it worked out.

Guest YellowJacket894

Sounds like you need to start using better Tools. (Available in manual or power.)

Edited by YellowJacket894

I've used car wax to buff out scratches like that before. Saved some DVDs that my kids attempted to destroy. Depending on how deep the scratches are, you may have to use something more abrasive than wax, like mild polish. As long as it's just scratches, you can fix it....