-

GM1

I say they should drop the V6 STS altogether. It's no longer needed. Bring over the stretched SLS with some updated exterior styling. Offer the V series engine in the stretched body, but merely as the engine for the STS, giving a two-tier lineup like the previous FWD models. This could become a real S-class competitor for (not too much) cheaper, the same way Lexus did with the original LS400.

If they really must do a V series, They could use the Blue Devil engine... :scratchchin:8)

I say they should drop the V6 STS altogether. It's no longer needed. Bring over the stretched SLS with some updated exterior styling. Offer the V series engine in the stretched body, but merely as the engine for the STS, giving a two-tier lineup like the previous FWD models. This could become a real S-class competitor for (not too much) cheaper, the same way Lexus did with the original LS400.

If they really must do a V series, They could use the Blue Devil engine... :scratchchin:8)

It does really raise the question of the future of the STS. I heard there was talk about the future of STS and DTS being mutually exclusive here on C&G but I haven't found it. I really hate the thought of abandoning the STS model as it is "younger crowd" market recognition developed over a long period of time whereas the DTS is meaningless even to those who actually buy them (who know they're buying a DeVille.)

Isn't the BLS FWD? I have no interest in adding a FWD product in the US Cadillac lineup. Those days are over.

I am transfixed. I just watched the video "In Action", and after seeing it in motion... the hot photos we've seen from the show stand do nothing to convey the authority, the athleticism, the alacrity this car exudes. I am very happy and proud right now.

I am transfixed. I just watched the video "In Action", and after seeing it in motion... the hot photos we've seen from the show stand do nothing to convey the authority, the athleticism, the alacrity this car exudes. I am very happy and proud right now.

Is this on cadillac.com?

You guys must dont know that the STS will be upgraded for 2008.

So both the CTS '08 and the upgraded STS '08 will go on sale at the same time this fall.

I assume the STS V8 will have more power, it has the 6speed now, and a slightly revised interior.

And the STS V6 should get the larger V6 used in the 08 CTS.

My only problem with the new CTS is that it does not have a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel neither does the Escalade models or the SRX.

Someone on these forums saw a clay model of a heavily revised STS. Such an update would make more sense for the 2009/2010 model year, and I'd dare to suggest that it is done in long wheelbase form only (EDIT: unless the US plant can't accomodate producing the LWB). Edited by ZL-1

So both the CTS '08 and the upgraded STS '08 will go on sale at the same time this fall.

I assume the STS V8 will have more power, it has the 6speed now, and a slightly revised interior.

And the STS V6 should get the larger V6 used in the 08 CTS.

My only problem with the new CTS is that it does not have a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel neither does the Escalade models or the SRX.

I believe the SRX has the power tilt/scoping wheel.

I was blown away when I saw the pics last week, and then blown away again when I saw it in person at NAIAS. Some of the sheetmetal complexities don't come across well in the photos, expecially the muscular flares on the rear quarters. This car is beautiful, and every line just looks right.

AM6, would you agree that the CTS had one of the largest crowds (other than the line of exotics -- Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc)?

The CTS definately had a pretty big crowd, perhaps the biggest of the production vehicles... and dispursed between the silver one and the red one. I think the Camaro had the biggest crowd overall at the show.

I was blown away when I saw the pics last week, and then blown away again when I saw it in person at NAIAS. Some of the sheetmetal complexities don't come across well in the photos, expecially the muscular flares on the rear quarters. This car is beautiful, and every line just looks right.

Agreed. It looks so much better in person. Pictures do not convey what it looks like in person. I sent pictures to some friends and they said it looked completely disproportioned. But once we all saw it in person we all agreed it looked simply amazing. I'll take an STS for cheap or even a CTS but GM went and raised all their lease rates after Jan. 2 putting them out of reach for me even in a PEP. I don't know what the craze was about in the BMW display(mostly white cars :puke:) by the way. I went opening day on Saturday and there a ton of people in that display but Cadillac was a little thin. That I guess changed from what AM6 Cutlass said ^ above.

Edited by RJB

SEX on wheels !!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just read in MT that the 08 had a 40 gig hard drive. I ma guessing if GM put this into the CTS, that all the other complaints like bluetooth, power tele tilt wheel and express windows should all be standard finally. I just hope this spreads to the rest of the caddy line up or gm line up for that matter. Motor trend I think did a very good job on the 2008 CTS!!!

Ugh. GM needs to stop designing all these cars with so much damn wheel gap. It's hideous, and makes it look anything but sporty. The rest of the car looks so good, if it was just an inch lower it would be perfect. Maybe it's not necessarily ride height, but BMW, MB, Lexus and Infiniti all have proportions when it comes to wheels/wheel wells.

I've read that GM intentionally leaves the wheel well to tire gaps big so that it's easy to put tire chains on...I don't know if that's an urban legend or not. I know if the weather is bad enough to need chains, I'm not leaving the house...

Edited by moltar

There will without a doubt be aftermarket for the CTS. Non-stock suspension parts may or may not take away from the ride quality.

Regardless, plenty of luxury brands have pulled off the right look while still maintaining great ride quality.

Edited by bcs296

Looks much better (not that I didn't like it before) i'm sure after market parts producers will be all over the new CTS.

I on the other hand would keep it stock, no use droping it if it's going to ruin the ride quality.

Yeah... and when it sits lower, it would be easier to curb, scrape on driveways, bottom out on speed bumps...etc.

I've afraid I've gotten so used to having 8-9 inches of ground clearance it would be really hard for me to get used to a car's lowness in a daily driver..

I agree... STS should not offer a V6 anymore.

Perhaps they should offer a choice of a Northstar or an LS motor...

the old school crowd can go with the pushrod but at a savings.

i see where a V6 STS seems redundant. but some people just don't want the V8. the STS's problem it's too small, and looks cheap next to the new CTS. the chinese version would fix this. (the STS platinum is a joke, i don't even know why they wasted the $$ on it, blah)

the new CTS is awesome. just hope they offer a better blue this time around. Sunset blue was awesome, but i want something bright, like the RSX or G6 blue. mmmm so pretty, I'd trade my grey one in in 2 seconds for it.