2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8, R/T Image Gallery

Sourced from leftlanenews

DaimlerChrysler today revealed the 2008 Dodge Magnum, including both R/T and SRT8 versions. The new wagon has a revised front fascia, new headlamps, some chrome highlights, and a new hood scoop on the SRT model.

The R/T model has the sane 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 engine as its predecessor, with 340 horsepower. Under the new SRT8 is the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8, delivering 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque, contributing to a 0–60 mph time of less than five seconds, and 0–100–0 mph in under 17 seconds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the hood contours that bring to mind the '68-'69 Charger (?) Are they on the current model? Overall, an improvement. I think if the interior were in a different color, say, all black or dark/light tan it would look better than Rubbermaid Gray.

Hmmm. I happened to like the front end before this refresh, but that's just me talking. I always thought the Magnum was the best looking LX, with the Charger coming in a close second.

The interior looks better, but I gave the Magnum a pass on interior quality and design because you got quite a bit of car for the money, and in a way, the blocky interior matched the vehicle.

I wouldn't mind picking up a used one in a couple years, but then again, a Camaro or possible Volt seem kinda tempting.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Guest YellowJacket894

It's not winning much praise from me. It was much better before this refresh. I do like it, but it seems to lack presence and isn't as in-your-face exterior-wise as the pre-MCE model. It's -- dare I say? -- pretty god-darned K-Car.

Also, I'm sick of and disgusted by Dodge's recent interior theme -- blocks and blocks and blocks . . . think they hired the same guys who designed Legoland to design their interiors? Really pathetic. It's getting to the point where you don't know if you're setting in a $15,000 Caliber or a $39,000 Magnum SRT-8 anymore.

Edited by YellowJacket894

They actually changed alot more then I initially noticed:

Old

Posted Image

New

Posted Image

Stuff I noticed that is different: Center stack, top of dash design/shape, more contrast on door pieces, vent shapes, cruise control stalk, gauges, shifter area redesign, different HVAC controls, padded leather center armrest.....

Wow the materials on the upper dash look a lot softer and less cheap (and lower gloss). The changes to the center stack help a lot too, and the vents...it really brings up the quality and appearance of the interior. My favorite thing however is how the gauge shield no longer goes 2/3rds of the way across the dash, and just covers the gauges. I have always hated that design element..and of course Dodge spammed it for a while. At least the Intrepid's flowed gracefully, the old Magnum/Charger looked like it was just tacked on. Now that this is fixed, I have no complaints about the Magnum! ^_^

I wonder if the Charger gets the same interior upgrades?

Oh and here's the old top-of-the-line interior for a more direct comparison:

Posted Image

My only wonder/complaint is why the steering wheel cvontrols are no longer silver (matching) and are now black.

Edited by Dodgefan

Are those Charger headlights, or Charger-inspired designed headlights? At least that's the vibe I'm getting from them.

Chargerish, but different...actually, the car the new SRT front reminds me of the most is the Avenger.

I love the Magnum but I am not loving this MCE. The interior looks better but I thought the interior on the rental Magnum my family had over the summer was fine. You do get a lot of car for the money and it still attracts looks, probably because it's not a big seller.

In a sense yes, which is what I first thought, but the shade of the shield is different (more squared off and less rounded). There are a lot of subtle differences. I wonder how different the 300's interior will look.

I didn't say they were identical. The overall styling is similar though. Then again, which DCX interiors aren't? :P

Maybe the Magnum gets a more "300" looking interior, while the 300 get an even more updated interior? :scratchchin:

One would hope. Other than that clock and the bits of wood, it doesn't look any better than the Magnum's interior.