The HHR should be sold internationally

LosAngeles

Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, the UK, et al, could use the infusion of style in their respective Chevy lineups.

GM shouldn't rest on the laurels of crusty Daewoos, bland late-model Opels/Holdens, and 90s Chevys. Go look at the respective sites for each country and tell me I'm lyin'.

The HHR obviously won't interupt or infringe on the turf of any of the bread and butter Chevys in those markets. Besides, I can't see where it's THAT expensive, plus the car is still small enough and fuel efficient enough, with the Delta/Ecotec mechanicals common enough in the worldwide parts bin. Hell, it would even make a great taxi or cute delivery van in those markets.

I think the HHR could really make a name for itself and Chevy outside the US. How do you guys see it?

Would work but not until GM comes out with the next Gen Delta platform. It has a lot to do with incompatability with other GM's global factories. Remember, this vehicle was produced on the Delta platform which is for North America only for the moment. Exporting it could prove to be costly.

I think every vehicle GM builds they should think about sharing around the world.

As far as brake pads go; I had no problems until I went on a road trip to Nevada where they use salt on the roads. Now there is a slight vibration (warped) to the front.

I think every vehicle GM builds they should think about sharing around the world.

As far as brake pads go; I had no problems until I went on a road trip to Nevada where they use salt on the roads. Now there is a slight vibration (warped) to the front.

Where still on the stock brake pads, are problem is the the disks. We know a set of drilled and slotted rotors will fix the problem but it will void the warenty.

We tryed getting the dealer to go halfs on a set of rotors but they won't we told them they can just put new rotors on it every 7,000 miles :AH-HA_wink:

We do live in Michigan so our roads are salted and he does drive it 80 miles to and from works every day.

So what kind of gas mileage are you getting from your HHR? We are getting 25 mpg on an automatic.

How would they possibly sell them there? I thought it was nearly impossible to sell American vehicles in Japan.

Well, right now they don't have the dealer network.... but if Toyota can sell the xB over there, I'm sure Chevy could sell the HHR there. There once was a time when American cars were highly desirable to the ultra rich in Japan. Apparently, there were many B-body wagons and sedans imported by wealthy customers.

How would they possibly sell them there? I thought it was nearly impossible to sell American vehicles in Japan.

Saturn had a dealer network in Japan for several years. Many here claim all sorts of trade shenanigans that aren't necessarily so. Most American model Honda and Toyota vehicles wouldn't have a great market in their home country due to their size.