Chevrolet Prepared to Unveil Three Minicar Concepts Next Week in New York

The Suzuki Cara and Daihatsu Copen look pretty cool. The Suzuki has a little flair to it, except for the headlights.

Are the new Chinese owned MGs supposed to be in this size group as well or will they be larger?

Larger

NICE!!!!

Between this and the Volt, GM seems very prepared to take on the greenies... Lets get it on the road!

I guess this means the H4 concept will not be shown? Maybe?

Anyway, the name and both the color remind me of the Chevrolet Triax from a few years back.

Posted Image

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Ditch the Korean designers, they did horrible with the Aveo, while this is buttloads better, the front needs work (mostly the headlights). There is NO REASON that a sub compact car has to look like a cartoon charactor!!!!! Why do they make these to only appeal to women??? If GM would just make a cutting edge designed subcompact they would sell a ton of em. They'll loose most male buyers with this design as well (just like Aveo).

I loved that 1999 Chevy Triax concept car! Because it was at like the Tokyo Motor Show that year there was like no buzz on it-I would still love to see the name and car come to production on a sub-Equinox compact crossover SUV. The Trax looks interesting as well, and I can't wait to hear of more of these subcompacts.

Ditch the Korean designers, they did horrible with the Aveo, while this is buttloads better, the front needs work (mostly the headlights). There is NO REASON that a sub compact car has to look like a cartoon charactor!!!!! Why do they make these to only appeal to women??? If GM would just make a cutting edge designed subcompact they would sell a ton of em. They'll loose most male buyers with this design as well (just like Aveo).

I totally disagree with you. This auto is just what Chevy needs and the public will love it. The healights are great and give it the right personality.

With America taking more and more Japan animation on TV. This auto will be eatin up by the youth. So much better than the crap from Scion.

I really like it.

I might have a hard time if it was my only car....but for a second car...I could not think of a car I'd like more.

It would be the perfect type of car to drive...when I want a break from my typical domestic SUV or Sedan.

As I said, for a second car for the family, I couldn't be happier with anything else GM would produce.

1.0 engine? yes... Hello Old metro days, give me a 5 speed and a turbo option and hell yeah mother F****r!!! price it under 10k.

Is this an A-segment Car, Or B-segment? It looks good, and to be about the size of the Chevy/Daewoo Matiz. (Maybe a little bigger....)

Neither. It is about Matiz-sized, which is at the bottom of the A-segment, often called A0-segment to distinguish them from larger vehicles such as the Mini, Ka, C2, Swift and Sirion.

Nice looking little car,kinda cool. Youger kids will eat it up. I would like it in a more evenly devided two tone or solis color myself but I think it would do well.

The Aveo's design was penned by Giorgetto Giugiaro of Italdesign. It was a world-market design to offer appeal to a broad group of mixed nations, not just Americans.

The French don't do cheap car design anymore, not this cheap anyway. The new Twingo is bigger—right on the boundary of the A/B-segment, and the Peugeot Citroen entries based on the Toyota Aygo. In this segment the leader is probably Fiat at present, although Suzuki and Daihatsu with their far broader ranges have some good models. My picks for the best in the segment—Subaru R2, Fiat Panda, M200 Chevy Matiz, Daihatsu Mira and Suzuki MR Wagon.

Ford offered a 2.2L flathead V-8 (136 CI) in the late '30s- I've seen one on a stand- it looked more like a model than a 'real' motor.

There was a Suzuki concept back in the 90's called the C2, it had a 1.6L turbocharged V8:

Posted Image

no joke, thats how big the engine is

The car itself was pretty stupid looking too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There was a Suzuki concept back in the 90's called the C2, it had a 1.6L turbocharged V8:

Posted Image

it's tiny, but here says it put out 250HP and 209lbft.

looks kinda s2000 ish.... just move the mirrors and do something with those fender flares, I could see something like this being popular.

H s2000s do look nice IMHO, it's just what's under the hood that would keep me from owning one

it's tiny, but here says it put out 250HP and 209lbft.

looks kinda s2000 ish.... just move the mirrors and do something with those fender flares, I could see something like this being popular.

H s2000s do look nice IMHO, it's just what's under the hood that would keep me from owning one

I get more of a current MX5 vibe from that car. Fix the lights and mirrors and it could have been a fun little car.

This thread got interesting real quick.

I'd love to see a modern Pushrod V8 of like 1.4 Liters.

How about a 2.4 liter V8 in the Solstice/Sky...

Or maybe a 4.0 liter V16 in a Zeta SIXTEEN?

This thread got interesting real quick.

I'd love to see a modern Pushrod V8 of like 1.4 Liters.

How about a 2.4 liter V8 in the Solstice/Sky...

Or maybe a 4.0 liter V16 in a Zeta SIXTEEN?

fyi i was talking about the other two minicar concepts; is the other minicar concept is going to be a 2 door...........

Small displacement doesn't exactly mean small in physical size, a 2.4 liter V8 will still be larger than than an I4 (especially in the girth category) and wont do anything for the hp/torque numbers that a supercharger wouldn't do.

Well now, an I4 can be large or small. GM has four families of 4-cylinder gasoline engines, Family 0 (1.2 and 1.4 L 4-cyl) Family 1 (1.0, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 L) Family II (1.8-2.4 L) and Daewoo S-tec (1.0 and 1.2 L). the two smaller families would produce avery compact V8 of of just 2.4 or 2.8 L. Of course it would have nearly twice as many parts as a 2.4 L I4, and thus be much more expensive to produce.

Well now, an I4 can be large or small. GM has four families of 4-cylinder gasoline engines, Family 0 (1.2 and 1.4 L 4-cyl) Family 1 (1.0, 1.4, 1.6 and 1.8 L) Family II (1.8-2.4 L) and Daewoo S-tec (1.0 and 1.2 L). the two smaller families would produce avery compact V8 of of just 2.4 or 2.8 L. Of course it would have nearly twice as many parts as a 2.4 L I4, and thus be much more expensive to produce.

Don't forget the 2.9 L Atlas I4 in the Colorado/Canyon.

I think a small displacement V8 could be cool but only in a boutique brand in small quanitities. It just wouldn't be as economical to produce as say a large displacement I4.