SS/SC: Mods, Wash, Wax

Well, Tuesday and Wednesday I worked on my car from the time I woke up and took a shower until I went to bed both days, easily putting in over 25 hours of work on the Cobalt between the two days. Tuesday I cleaned and painted the calipers, and put a "Cobalt" vinyl on the front calipers. Wednesday I finished all of my brakes, adding GM Performance drilled and slotted rotors on all four corners along with a set of "new" rims (18" ALT Sonix - black with polished inside lip) and tires (G-Force KDWs - 235/40ZR18). I proceded by removing the GM badges next to the front wheels, along with the Cobalt SS and Supercharged badges on the rear. Then I took the rest of my night (uhh, until 3 AM) to wash, clay, polish, wax, and buff her until she was absolutely completely spotless. Here is the outcome:

Front Caliper/Rotor:

Posted Image

Rear Caliper/Rotor:

Posted Image

Rims:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Random Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Proof that Rally Yellow can shine really effin' good:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by NOS2006

I keep forgetting how awesome looking the SS/SC is.

Have you thought about the lip spoiler from RK Sport? I've seen it on a few user's cars at CobaltSS.Net and it looks really nice.

If I got a SS/SC, even if I didn't get the lip spoiler, I'd yank that wing off there and see if I could find someone that would swap it for a regular one. Though a few guys over at CobaltSS.net have no spoiler at all and it doesn't look half bad.

I see ghosts.

That's just NOS posing for us :P

She looks great. The calipers/rotors look especially awesome. I'll probably leave mine alone till next year when the warranty expires, then powder-coat them and throw on a set of GM drilled rotors if they make them for 4-lug Cobalts.

I keep forgetting how awesome looking the SS/SC is.

Have you thought about the lip spoiler from RK Sport? I've seen it on a few user's cars at CobaltSS.Net and it looks really nice.

If I got a SS/SC, even if I didn't get the lip spoiler, I'd yank that wing off there and see if I could find someone that would swap it for a regular one. Though a few guys over at CobaltSS.net have no spoiler at all and it doesn't look half bad.

I may get flamed for this haha but I'm planning on getting a carbon hood and carbon center-piece for the wing. I may be able to get them both in the summer, we'll see where my head is at the time. I'm an instinct buyer, so if I really feel like getting them on some random day, I'll buy them both. I also plan on painting the gold part of the Chevy bowties gloss black sometime this summer too...

I may get flamed for this haha but I'm planning on getting a carbon hood and carbon center-piece for the wing. I may be able to get them both in the summer, we'll see where my head is at the time. I'm an instinct buyer, so if I really feel like getting them on some random day, I'll buy them both. I also plan on painting the gold part of the Chevy bowties gloss black sometime this summer too...

Nothing wrong with that. Shoot, probably save you 50-75 lbs (don't know how much the hood weighs) and a few tenths off your speed trap times.

I just don't like the giant wing. Too much.

I like the stock wheels, as well as these. We once leased a '98 Z28, black-on-black, and all It was my dream to put matte black wheels on it and a matte grey body kit (like the RS used to have but with a NASCAR type lip on the wing).

How big of an improvement do the brakes make?

Well, I've literally only driven around the neighborhood for maybe two minutes tops, so I can't really say. They're brand new and obviously need a little wear and tear for me to feel them to their fullest. The tires on the other hand grip a billion times better than the Pirelli P Zero Rossos that were on there stock. Also, I've cut over four pounds out of each corner with this new setup.

Your car is looking very good, Nos, so clean. It would look even better with no wing atall... very low and ground-hugging, what a performance car should look like, imo.

I've also been wanting to see an SS/SC with the rear end "cove" painted black. Use the bumper cover seam above the taillights as the top border, extending across the decklid at that level, then the bodylines outboard of the taillights for the outer border... finally the lower crease on the decklid for the lower border... that area painted gloss black might look cool. I'd like to see someone photoshop that.

A painted rear end cove has been used before on Chevys for dramatic effect... the Corvair Corsa and the SS Concept sedan spring to mind immediately, with their silver coves.

Edited by ocnblu

Very cool, while I'm not always a fan of black rims, they do look good on your Cobalt, especially with the windows tinted up. I especially like the polished ring, very nice choice. Are these going to just be summer rims or are you going to run them year round? The brake are very cool as well. I'm sure they will be fun once they get some wear on them.

Looking good there , NOS

NOS, I'm digging your yellow and black theme. I'm a big fan of the colors Yellow, Purple, and Blue. Not together but seperately of course. :smilewide:

Wow, that creates an image you don't want while drinking.