SL2

CTS-V

Aura

Impala SS (Caprice body)

Grand National

Fiero

GTO

Thoughts?

Interesting list... not sure about the Fiero and SL2 (what is that--a 2dr Saturn?). I'd put the last of the 4th gen F-bodies on there--like the Camaro SS).

GN for sure

C6 7L Z06...but all of them count too

cyclone/typhon

...lol looked at the link, have to agree with the1st comment about the GN. ( i didn't write it)

not familar enough with any others to truely comment on them

Drop the SL2, Aura & Aurora. Those have no business on this list.

The SRX is a great vehicle but also does not belong here.

I'd replace those four with the following:

- 4th gen. F-body

- 1993-1997 Cadillac STS (the Aurora just plays second fiddle)

- Duramax Diesel powered Pickups

- Sky/Solstice

Last Gen Riviera...for the styling and interior...and the fact that they are rare cars now

First gen Aurora for the same reasons as the Riv

CTS

Impala SS...(the real one...RWD)

Last gen Trans AM WS6

C5 Corvette, was a bright spot on a darkening GM in the mid-late 90's

Grand National...I mean c'mon, its a classic

last gen Cutlass Supreme Convertible ( only W-body convertible and looked pretty sweet with the top down and roll bar)

Z06

last Gen Eldorado ETC

I just have no idea why the SL2 would make it onto that list. Even the J-bodies has more significance than it, being the GM's best selling car worldwide, despite its junk status.

Solstice/Sky should be on the list too, if the Fiero's there. It's one of a kind for GM.

1. 1984 Corvette-the start of Corvettes return from the boring late 70's models

2. Buick Regal Grand National- Great car with style, class, and amazing power.

3. 2000 Chevy Impala- The first decent mid size Chevy in years, which along with reliability brought many people to Chevy dealers.

4. 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora- One of the last bright spots for Olds, and a car that was far ahead of anything else Detroit had to offer.

5. A-body cars (Pontiac 6000, Chevy Celebrity, Buick Century, Olds Cutlass Ciera) these cars ranged from the sedate base Celebrity with its 92hp 4 cylinder which offered compact car fuel economy for a midsized sedan to the Pontiac 6000 STE. The Buick Century and Olds Cutlass Ciera together were among GM's best selling cars of the last 25 years, and through a mix of endless options and sturdy construction helped GM hang onto the mid size market for years.

6. 2006 Cadillac XLR- a car that bring the name Cadillac back to the forefront of luxury.

7. 1985-1990 Camaro IROC-Z A serious car with serious power at a time when serious competition was eating away at American market share.

8. 2007 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra- Americas greatest chance at pushing back the Japs in the full size truck segment.

9. 1989 W body cars (Chevy Lumina, Pontiac Grand Prix, Olds Cutlass Supreme, Buick Regal) Together these 4 cars introduced a whole new era of GM styling. The curves of the body and driver oriented dashboards were a big step from the boxy and boring GM cars of the early 80's.

10. 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue- GM's attempt to gain back market share may not have worked but people took notice at this car, and it was a stepping stone to GMs road back.

My List...

(in no order)

2007 GMT-900's

Prolly the best looking and driving trucks ever, and with first class interiors for both work trucks and the LTZ interior. The refinement all across the board has been seirously impressive and a full line of everything from 195hp Vortec V6 to a top of the line 403hp Vortec VVT V8. There is something for everyone and every budget, GM deserves a pat on the back, wait until the 6spd. autos come out in all products! *Then these things will be unstopable!*

2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala

The first midsize to large car Chevy actually showed they were serious about and the sold like nuts. After all I would think they were excellent cars, I own one.

1998-2004 Cadillac Seville

Can I say technology? This car created a clear and distinctive showcase where Cadillac was going into the future with, the Seville has such features as stabli-track, on-star, and even later a dvd based nav system was optional with strong Northstar V8's standard this was a car for the record books. Plus it had an EXCELLENT interior.

1991-1993 Cadillac Deville/Fleetwood/Touring-Sedan/Sixty-Special

These cars are often over-looked, but think about it these cars ran like tops with the 4.9L OHV V8 and got resepctable fuel economy and limo like back seats. There was alot to like about these cars, including such features as ABS, Traction Control, Bose CD players, fully power leather seats and HUGE astro-roofs. These cars deserve more credit and even today still many remain on the road and most of which look very good considering there age. I loved mine too. One is not to forget the Sixty Speical with 16 way power seats (maybe 18) designed by Guigurio.

1987 Buick GNX

A turbo Buick? Yes. Faster than an '87 Corvette? Yes. Then what is not to love, but the price? This car proved once and for all Buick COULD build another performance car aside of the Skylark GSX. Also 275hp out of a Turbo 3.8L V6 was very impressed and so were the number. The modifications made by ASC have given the GNX instant classic status before the first one hit a Buick dealers lot.

1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo

The fastest Trans Am up until the last years? Yes, some even argue it was the fastest factory T/A ever! This car was pure fun and the charm of the tarted up Turbo 3.8L V6 is enough to make it one the list. Wasn't it like 250hp? That is excellent for a V6 in the late 80's.

1994-1996 Chevrolet Impala SS (RWD)

The last real Impala SS that proved once and for all a Corvette engine in a sedan can prove to be pure magic. This car is still lusted after today and turned a dull looking Caprice into an amazing good looking large performance sedan, worthy of the Impala SS badge indeed.

2003-2007 Cadillac CTS

The car that spear-headed the art and science theme, and gave Cadillac the chance to finally compete with the likes of the BMW and Audi. Also with a fully list of powertrain options from a 2.8L DOHC V6 to a CTS-V with a 400hp LS2 V8. The CTS was a car that never will be forgotten.

2004-2006 Pontiac GTO

The car that proved Pontiac could beat a Benz CLK-500 for half the price and have the same performance. Also the GTO had an excellent interior and good pricing. So what it was bland but very sexy at the same time, a car that gave Motor Trend and Car and Driver something to talk about at least.

2004-2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP

Someone will disagree with me, but let me say this, the first Pontiac V8 powered sedan since 1986 and plus it beat the 300C to the V8 powered sports sedan power with a world re-nowned Northstar V8. Also the GXP saw lots of other updates underneath too. The Bonneville GXP had respectable handling and a zero-60 time in mid 6's Pontiac was once again serious about building a ture performance sedan. The GXP also was a showcase of technology like HUD, Onstar, Stabli-Track and even monsoon audio system. The exterior of the Bonneville with out the cladding gave a good looking car even smoother and more sporty looks. Wonder why I own a 2005 SLE that looked just like a GXP?

1988-1991 Pontiac Bonneville SSE (only)

A car that featured everything from 12 way power seats to automatic climate control the SSE is a Bonneville that will never be forgotten, shame it didn't come optional with a Turbo or supercharger.

Soon to be added:

Buick Enclave

Pontiac G8

Chevrolet Camaro

Chevrolet Malibu

EDIT (ADD):

2008 Buick Park Avenue

That is my list tell me what you think agree or disagree...

Edited by gm4life

• 4 weeks later...

THe Fiero was an awsome concept but it did not light the world on fire.

Personaly I prefer Corvairs. I'd LOVE a two-door hardtop '69 Corsa. :wub:

Top 10 GM's of the past 25 years would read:

1987-1988- Any V8 powered G-body such as the Monte SS or Olds Cutlass 442

1986-1987 Grand National/GNX, fast and stylish and an instant collectors item

1990 -Corvette ZR1, A factory made race car in it's day with an exotic take on the Chevy V8

1994-1996- Impala SS, attractive, quick and instantly collectable

1995-1999- Olds Aurora, a new bold direction for Olds

1993-2002 F-body LT1 or LS1 V8 equipped Z-28's, SS or Trans AMs with ram air

1991-1992 GMC Syclone/ Typhoon Can you say drag racer pick'em up truck

2007 Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky- 2 very stylish drop tops that brought fun and affordabilty for 2 failing divisions

2005-2007 CTS-V, can you say Corvette motor with 6 speed stick in a fun to drive Art and Science Caddy

2007- Saturn Aura, a great new product from the General with 3.6/6 speed, crisp style and very fun to drive for less than 25K

Edited by ponchoman49

• 1 month later...

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings