american_revolution_2005

My 89 T-Type

22 posts in this topic

Here is my baby. Finally semi-clean. I washed it and shampooed the engine. It cleaned it a bit but you can't clean it all. The car is running better. Everybody who sees my car love it but many think it is a Grand National. Here are the pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like the one pic with our Expedition. Beauty and the Beast lol.

Me likely. That engine bay is screaming for something a little larger in there. I say a turbo PFI Caddy swap. Or maybe throw a modified turbo setup onto the stock V6.

Looks good. I'm surprised.

Me too...I was expecting a rust bucket with a mismatched wheel :P

Looks good..now get it fixed! :thumbsup:

Holy Schnike!!! I thought you purchased something totally different, and crappy, but this car actually looks pretty bad-ass. It needs a meaner engine to back it up, though. :D

Edited by Captainbooyah

Good for you, Mr. AmRev. Take good care of it. I always thought these were goodlooking H-bodies.

Wow... I was expecting something totally different! I don't think I've ever seen one of these. Cool...

I saw one of these today and I thought of you, my friend. Congrats!

It actually looks really good. Get it running right and its a damn nice first car. Congrats.

Well, it's in better shape than I thought it was, for starters.

Take good care of it and good luck fixing it. 8)

I have decided to keep this car fully stock. It looks and runs better than the guy made it to be. It needs some work but that is an MAF, and it needs the power steering to be checked out. All of my neighbours love it and I get complements as people walk by. One guy was an older guy in my neighbourhood and he has driven Buicks for years. He himself worked for GM many years back at the Oshawa plant until he retired. Many people stop because they think it is a Grand National. Underneath, the car is almost spotless. It appears to have just rust on the rockers and some suspension parts. I believe this car may have never been driven in winter and that may be true referring to the overall condition. The lady who owned it before the guy I bought it from was a little bit older and she drove it for 16 years. Then the guy bought it to drive in the winter. This is the only one in town and it definitely turns heads. There was an 80s Porsche driving by and the guy just stopped to look at it and he liked it.

Wow, much better in reality than the earlier description made it sound.

Congrats.

neat cars for sure. Neeeds some nice 16" rims.

I sure wold love to talk to the guy who designed the car---he must have been at a meeting and said, " Hey, this car needs a cam-shell hood"!

I mean, only Corvettes have those! Odd but neat descion

Cool. Congrats. It's no Grand National but it's a neat car.

If Razoredge was still around here he'd be salvinating.

If Razoredge was still around here he'd be salvinating.

Where IS razor anyway?!

I miss the guy. I often didn't agree with his posts, but he always had some awesome music discussions, and suggestions.

Damn dude, nice car! I've always been a fan of T-Type Regals...from certain angles it almost does look like a Grand National, especially since it's a dark color. I agree, keep it stock...these puppies are rare.

Damn dude, nice car! I've always been a fan of T-Type Regals...from certain angles it almost does look like a Grand National, especially since it's a dark color. I agree, keep it stock...these puppies are rare.

Yes T-Type Regals look like Grand Nationals because they are the same car....this is a T-Type LeSabre :AH-HA_wink:

Yes T-Type Regals look like Grand Nationals because they are the same car....this is a T-Type LeSabre :AH-HA_wink:

Yeah, I knew it was a LeSabre....but I really did mean I've always been a fan of T-type G-body Regals. Bad choice of wording.... :) Edited by mustang84

I have always liked those I would drop in a Caddy 4.9L OHV V8 in it tho or supercharge/turbo it. Congrats great car I am jealous!

I remember those.. That is when Buick was in its European phase.. It is rare when you see one of those. Good car. I remember the clam shell hoods and the shifter that all the Buicks shared and the Park Avenue taillamps.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room