Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knightfan26917

Things that make you shake your head

77 posts in this topic

I washed/waxed/cleaned the '87 MC LS this past Saturday ... but, didn't get the older 4 MCs out yet. On Sunday, I was feeling too many muscles that I had forgotten to muster the energy and patience to get the older ones out. Ah, well ... perhaps this coming weekend ;).

Anyway ... I went for a short drive in the '87 MC LS Sunday afternoon ... after having lunch and spending some time with my sis and bro-in-law. On the way home, I stopped at a gas station to fill 'er up. As I was doing so, a guy parked next to me at another pump was shaking his head, looking at my car. So, I asked him if something was wrong.... He said something about how "you guys don't seem to get it" ... that driving such "gas guzzlers" are ruining so many things.

I asked him if he knew what my gas mileage was. He said, "Well, I had a '71 MC SS 454 and that only got about 9 or 10 miles per gallon, so I'd say you are getting 10-11 miles per gallon, which is absolutely sickening to me."

My reply: "Well, that might be sickening to you, but it is not what I'm getting. I have regularly managed about 18 miles per gallon."

A guy on the other side, next to me, driving a newer Ford Mustang, looked over and noted, "I don't even get that much..."

The one who was questioning my gas mileage didn't pay any attention to the Mustang driver, but persisted: "Oh, come on now. No way you are getting that good of gas mileage. My wife's Honda Odyssey gets about 18 mpg...."

So, I said, "OK, fine. I'll finish filling up and run the calculations". After I filled it up, I reached in for my gas log book, noted the gallons and the mileage (showed the guy BOTH of them) ... and ran the calculation. The MPG? 18.56. I looked at the guy and queried: "So, what type of gas mileage are you getting on your new Toyota Tundra?"

Yes, true story. He had just bought his Toyota last week ... and his perception was that anything new gets better mpg than anything old. Unfreekingbelievable.

I'll take my older "gas guzzler" with NO car payment, thank you.

Heh ... in other "you're kidding, right?" news ... as of Sunday night, June 10, the Chicago Cubs were 27-34, within 6 games of first place. The Chicago White Sox were 27-32, 9 games out of first place. Yet, based on the sports reports ... you'd think the White Sox were only a game out. Hmmm....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"This is not where you belong" ... Restless Heart ... 'Why Does It Have To Be (Wrong or Right)?'

i seriously would have beat the crap out of that c-sker for berating you and I might have even keyed his turd for being a pompous ass.

did you aks him if he enjoys sending money to japan and if he enjoys shredded camshafts and piss poor crash test ratings?

Edited by regfootball

Not too long ago, some guy driving one of these things that Shrek puked on...

Posted Image

...took it upon himself to lean over and look at my pump readout, saw my 19 gallon/$60.00 fullup, and said, "Does it feel good driving something that uses so much gas? Its such a waste."

I asked him if he just took a $h! on his car or did he buy it like that.

Posted Image

...took it upon himself to lean over and look at my pump readout, saw my 19 gallon/$60.00 fullup, and said, "Does it feel good driving something that uses so much gas? Its such a waste."

I asked him if he just took a $h! on his car or did he buy it like that.

LOL!!!

Hey knightfan, you should have asked him why he bought a less fuel efficient truck, and if he's so concerned about fuel economy why he is driving that big ugly $h!brick in the first place. Then tell him you hope the camshaft explodes and flies through his head.

I have not had the pleasure of meetings someone like that yet.

Posted Image

So that's why it's green! :smilewide:

Ugh, dude is a pathetic assbandit. <_<

There is a condo here in Toronto that has a giant boulder stuck in the cement between the building itself and the sidewalk. It's probably about 30 feet long by 20 feet wide, and about 8 feet tall. I have ridden my bike there a few times. I wait until there are no people on top, and ride up and down the sides (it's kind of difficult but I do it slowly so as to not endanger anyone walking).

There was a fat guy sitting there in a chair near the rock when I was doing this one day. He yells at me that it's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk. First of all, that's not true, second of all, I'm not technically even on the sidewalk. I told him that I would be dead if I didn't ride on the sidewalk sometimes in Toronto, and he then told me "You need your head examined". This pissed me off pretty good, so I told him, "Just because you're a fat slob and want to enjoy the park by sitting here, doesn't give you the right to bitch at those who want to enjoy the park by being active", then politely requested that he choke on his next burger and fries. ^_^

Yeah, I had the same problem, when I was filling my "Gas Guzzling" Corvette (According to a MILF driving a 4-Runner). She asked me, does not hurt to fill the gas in it?

I told her that I got 23 mpg in the city, and my average on highways is often 29-30 mpg. She is said with a red face, "man that is how much our Crapry gives."

I asked her yeah it has about 55% of my engine size and 60% of my power (I was assuming a V-6) and same gas mileage?? Doesn't sound right does it? And then came the corker, I asked her how much does your Gas-hog (4-Runner) give? She said I am lucky if I get 17 mpg on highway. She did not talk to me later.

:pokeowned:

Pretty sad that americans are so f**king ignorant these days.

I know what will happen if someone sneers or comments at me... Probably a very heated yelling match and then me getting arrested for assault.

REMEMBER: Violence solves everything! (Or so our government tells us)

Much sarcasm implied.

I've never had a comment from others when I put $50+ in my Jeep, since more often than not the person at the pump next to me has a bigger SUV.. (Colorado has the highest concentration of SUVs anywhere, I think)..

I really hate when important issues like the environment get reduced to political rhetoric. Then people just do what the talking heads tell them to do instead of actually thinking and learning for themselves.

Pretty sad that americans are so f**king ignorant these days.

I know what will happen if someone sneers or comments at me... Probably a very heated yelling match and then me getting arrested for assault.

REMEMBER: Violence solves everything! (Or so our government tells us)

Much sarcasm implied.

ditto

I had a guy tell me I should consider getting a newer, more fuel efficient vehicle when he saw me putting $55 into the Rodeo (the one time I fill it :rolleyes:). I told him that a car payment and insurance for a 17-year old would be through the roof, and that concerning yourself with other peoples monetary issues is incredibly rude. That put him in his place.

Then I had the lady at the stoplight. She motioned me to put down my window, which doesn't go down (bad window motor). I motioned that I couldn't, so maybe she though I was being an asshole. She had the balls to write "UR SUV IS RUINING THE OZONE JERK!!!!" on a piece of lined paper and wave it at my window. It took all my effort not get out of the car and slap that ho back to reality.

Some people should be punched in the face. Repeatedly.

I'd love to break that guy's fu$%in' head of & piss down his neck.

But violance is not the answer so instead I will think of him every

time I fill up my '59 Buick between Boston & Tulsa as I'm getting

all of 11.8mpg.

I'd love to break that guy's fu$%in' head of & piss down his neck.

But violance is not the answer so instead I will think of him every

time I fill up my '59 Buick between Boston & Tulsa as I'm getting

all of 11.8mpg.

Yeesh. That's just masochism.

Masochism is alowing your self worth to be so low that

you manage to justify in (your) warped mind driving

some piece of $hit sub-compact Toyota or HondAcura.

I witnessed a dirty hippie type guy in an older Jetta (complete with politically liberal bumper stickers) tell a man getting out his Land Cruiser "Global warming, sir. Global warming."

It made me ashamed to be a VW owner.

I witnessed a dirty hippie type guy in an older Jetta (complete with politically liberal bumper stickers) tell a man getting out his Land Cruiser "Global warming, sir. Global warming."

It made me ashamed to be a VW owner.

The slave labor (Jews, Gypsies and Gays) VW used during World War II didn't bother you? Just asking?

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

The slave labor (Jews, Gypsies and Gays) VW used during World War II didn't bother you? Just asking?

How would something that happened over 60 years ago have any relevance today? Similar kinds of things could be said about Mercedes, Opel, Mitsubishi, etc..

How would something that happened over 60 years ago have any relevance today? Similar kinds of things could be said about Mercedes, Opel, Mitsubishi, etc..

History has a bad habit of repeating itself, at least to the uninformed! VW was the worst offender. :scratchchin:

No, can't say that it does. That was 60 years ago.

On the other hand, does the fact that your Pontiac is manufactured by unionized workers bother you?

No, can't say that it does. That was 60 years ago.

On the other hand, does the fact that your Pontiac is manufactured by unionized workers bother you?

No, I happen to love Canadians!

Canadian or American, it was manufactured in a UAW facility. I tend to avoid products/services from companies with organized labor wherever possible, for personal reasons.

EDIT: Sorry, the Ontario Plant is organized by CAW. My mistake.

Edited by Hollingsworth

Canadian or American, it was manufactured in a UAW facility. I tend to avoid products/services from companies with organized labor wherever possible, for personal reasons.

Actually it was the CAW. Have you seen the German Auto Unions? I have! :smilewide:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0