Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Edmunds Follow-Up: '07 Lexus IS250

Bimmer325

Edmunds Follow-Up Test: 2007 Lexus IS250

Posted Image

The X Package improvements also translate to the track, as our slalom test confirms. Although it's down over 100 hp on the IS 350, the IS 250 is nearly 4 mph faster through the cones with a 70.4-mph result. This is blazing speed, and it puts the IS 250 ahead of the BMW 335i, not to mention about a half dozen very capable sports cars.

Full Article

I love the new ISs, even if all of you think the mirrors are huge. After driving one a 350 for a week I was hard pressed to give it up.

That one in the pic up there looks sexy. :) I wish the 250 could have a tad more power, even though Ive never driven one. It seems as though Toyota has done some good to make these heavy cars move though.

Edited by fuel_sipping

Probably one of the nicest looking cars on the road today. It looks modern yet not too overdone with the lines.

And, surprisingly, I would agree that - within its class - its quite attractive except for the mirrors. And I know it sounds like I'm just being a douche, but they really, really, really don't mesh with the car. I swear an RX300 is missing theirs somewhere.

I gotta say, and it actually hurts to say this... I'd take one over a new BMW 3-series. I just don't like the 3-series as much as I used to.

And, surprisingly, I would agree that - within its class - its quite attractive except for the mirrors. And I know it sounds like I'm just being a douche, but they really, really, really don't mesh with the car. I swear an RX300 is missing theirs somewhere.

This is where Toyota does it's cost cutting. NPR did a story months back about the domestics <basically a bash piece> saying how GM had something like 27 rear view mirror designs while Toyota has 4. They were praising Toyota for it, but in my mind I was thinking to myself... well, at least GM's look right.

Think fast... what is each car? I bet you had to spend more than a second to decide.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Considering it took 5 minutes for them to load... :P But I instantly knew what each one was. Oh the joys of being obsessive.

Anyways, I agree, the IS looks like an edgier Grand Prix with its ass cut off. I don't like the Grand Prix and I don't like the IS. Both need makeovers to be attractive in my eyes. Granted, atleast the IS has competitive underpinnings, powertrain and a great interior.

Maybe it's the rear window/D-pillar kink? I forget the formal name.

Lexus really needs to put a manual in the IS350. It doesn't matter if the IS250 manual only sold a few hundred copies...it's the image and preception of a manual transmission in a 300 HP entry-level lux sport sedan.