Pet peeves that people do while driving

A lot of people do f*c*ing idiotic things while driving. Several bother me. At the top of my list is this:

DOG OR CAT IN YOUR LAP, BETWEEN YOU AND STEERING WHEEL

Good Gawd, if you love your animal, that is the LAST place you would put them. In those classes you can take (at least in CA) to hide moving violations, they tell you this. In an accident, the animal doesn't have a chance and will be flattened.

Next ones for me:

2. Reading a book, like a paperback novel

3. Make up application

There are others, but these lead my list.

What irks you?

Talk on the cell phone (puts on flame suit)

Drink coffee (I wouldn't have such a hatred of this if I hadn't gotten rear ended by someone who admitted taking their eyes off the road to reach for their coffee)

Drink alcohol (duh)

Pick their nose, especially those who look stick their finger all the way up there

Play their music so loud that it vibrates my mirrors

Talk on the cell phone (puts on flame suit)

Drink coffee

Pick their nose, especially those who look stick their finger all the way up there

I'm guilty of all of these... :)

and the people that play their music really loud at a light or whatever, it always seems to be the $h!tiest music (mindless rap or whatever)..

Some of the most irritating drivers are those that lack lane discipline..they drift over the line, etc..can't stay squarely in their lane. Or they change lanes without signaling. Or they change across 3 lanes w/ no signal to get into an exit lane..proper usage IMHO means get to lane next to the exit lane at least 2-3 exits prior, not at the last minute...

Having front seat passengers with their feet on the dashboard. That'll go real well in a frontal crash. I think there was a lawsuit against Ford regarding this when someone crashed, and Ford had shown a cowboy sitting in a F150 like this in a commercial.

Having front seat passengers with their feet on the dashboard.

Yes, very stupid..I've lately seen several cars driving around with passengers with their feet on the windshield..smart..or one hanging out the window (older cars without working A/C, probably)...

cutting people off

not watching out for others / not paying attention

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Yeah, we got problems here in the land of the free" ... Barbara Mandrell ... 'In Times Like These'

-slowing down to 2 MPH to make a turn, forcing me to have to swerve around the ass end of the car

-braking suddenly for nothing

-not using a signal when making a turn

This pretty much sums up my list too.

Now, on the flip side, things I am guilty of that piss other people on this board off:

- Cell while driving

- Loud music while driving

- Coffee while driving

- Eating while driving (sushi probably being the most bizarre)

I am always extra cautious / nervous when I know I'm distracting myself with one of the above. When it comes down to something important happening on the road and I'm doing something else, the "something else" gets dropped. Literally. I've thrown my cell across my car and retrieved it later. I've spilled food on myself, pull over and clean that up later. I just prioritize and pay attention to the road at that point.

Some of these seem to be Pittsburgh specific as I don't generally encounter this is my travels:

Driving 5 under the limit...consistently.

Driving on the expressway in bad weather <heavy rain, snow> at the speed limit, then when driving through a tunnel, slowing down when there's been no change in the limit!

setting the cruise control for .0001mph faster than the car in front of them, then getting in the left hand lane.

I think the feet on the dashboard thing is especially unclassy.

Where, oh where to start...

• Drivers that drift into other lanes
  • Drivers that change lanes suddenly without signalling and not looking to see that I am right beside them, forcing me to slam on my brakes
  • Drivers who tailgate
  • Driver's who weave in and out of traffic lanes
  • Driver's who pass when it is a no passing zone
  • Driver's who brake suddenly at the last minute to turn
  • Driver's who throw their blinkers on last minute
  • Driver's who do not use their turn signals at all
  • Drover's who take forever to take a turn
  • Driver's who stop at every damn intersection even if they have the right of way
  • Driver's who go 20mph under the speed limit
  • Driver's who cannot keep a constant speed
  • Driver's who run read lights or stop signs
  • Driver's on cell phones
  • Driver's who do not look before backing up or pulling out
  • Driver's who peel around corners, almost hitting you
Driver's who rear end you because they are too f#@$ing stupid to realize the car in front of them is stopped and that you are supposed to yield to rotary traffic. :censored:

People who drive the latest Toyota appliance like it is some hot car. An 'S' on a Corrola is STILL a Corrola. And it does NOT give you the excuse to be an A$$hole and NO! You are not saving the world by doing so. It is a car made by an evil company, by evil people. Go watch a film dated December 7, 1941 if you do not believe that the Japs are evil. Google Bataan.

People who do not signal.

Smokers who throw the butts out of the window... or the ever classy 'clean the ashtray at the light' move. Love that one!

Any multitasking while driving...period. Eating, Make-up application, Reading, Talking to Sally about your date last night while you weave in and out of your lane 10 miles per hour UNDER the limit...these are all things that should make you loose your license for a year if it causes an accident. Second offence - two years. Wreck a hot car in the process -LIFE.

People who do not respect Trucks and give them plenty of room. 20 tons will NOT stop in 170 feet at 60 miles an hour unless it uses YOUR car and a wall to slow it down that quickly.

People that come up like a bat out of behind you and after they pass they suddenly realize how fast they are going and slow down below your speeds

Trucks that try to pass each other and can't do it, so you wait and wait only to have the guy give up and go back behind the truck he tried to pass

Fully-loaded trucks that vary speeds between 65-80 mph; going uphill, they putz at 65, then going downhill they're flying by you at 80

"Tag-alongs"...the ones that purposely speed up and tag behind you when you're speeding

alright I have to admit I am a bit of a tailgater. But the only time I tailgate is when somebody is going slow in the fast lane of a parkway or interstate. The left lane is for people who want to drive fast. The right and or center lanes are meant for people who want to drive slower. It especially drives me nut when on a three lane highway there are three people exactly next to eachother driving hte same speed.

Roadhead also annoys me because I almost got sideswiped by somebody when he busted.

Yup... I pretty much agree with everything posted.

The LEAST annoying are the speeders, they get

the hell out of my way, stay out of my way and act

as a mine-sweeper for 5.0 on the highway... sure

you can speed at 95 mph ahead of me in a 55mph

zone, that just ensures I cen set my cruise to 79 &

not worry about getting bagged-n-tagged.

I've never understood (esp. for this reason) why

people do not surrender the passing lane, WTF?

It's almost as if some people do it on purpose!

Perhaps it's some bull$hit "citizens arrest" type

load of crap where they WANT you to slow down.

Edited by Sixty8panther

^^^ once again I'm right with you on letting people by in the left lane. If they want to go 100 they can act as a rabbit for all I care.

Oh you just reminded me of another thing. It's not just the fast lane. You're supposed to drive in the RIGHT lane if you're not passing anybody. It pisses me off when a column of people doing 105 km/h in the middle lane of a three-lane highway, there's nobody in the right lane and I'm in the fast lane trying to get around them at 115 km/h, with a speeder stuck behind me. I sometimes even throw my right signal on to try to get the morons to move over so I can let the speeder by, but most people don't pay attention. Gave a moron in a Ram pickup the finger for doing this, and him and his buddies followed me around for the next 50 km all giving me the finger when they passed me. Some people just don't get it.