Chevy Cobalt Blue Flash Metallic ( kinda gross to me)

2chevs

Um...how is that blue 'flash'? :scratchchin: Looks like a flat blue to me, similar to what Dodge used on its trucks in the late-90s. I like the deeper blue better.

================================================================================

Exactly, and don't forget the "Pale Iris" that they had on their minivans. Ick! :puke:

It's a love it or hate it shade... I personally liek it and it has a LOT of depth actually!

This color would look awsome on a '77 Firebird or a street rod... IMO.

Posted Image

================================================================================

Exactly, and don't forget the "Pale Iris" that they had on their minivans. Ick! :puke:

Are you referring to the Polar Blue Metallic? That one's a powdery blue that looks great, IMO, should be expanded to more lines. Or are you thinking of the Light Amethyst Metallic (aka Light Quartz on Buick Lucerne, Mystic Gray on Cadillac DTS-love that one too). That Neon matches a Parma Violet colored pencil I have-I always liked that, but hey, that's alright. Already seen a few Imperial Blue Cobalts, they look alright.

They did not have anything this "highliter blue" in the 1980s... :huh:

Oh, and DF: that peeling-paint-violet on the Neons, Voyagers

& Startuses was a flat color... very FLAT. This is a metallic

shade and can not even be compared to that Mopar shade...

it's like comparing White Diamond to Ford Refrigerator White!

They did not have anything this "highliter blue" in the 1980s...

Posted Image

It looks about as metallic as $1 spray paint. It's completely lacking in depth. This one, on the other hand, has depth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They did not have anything this "highliter blue" in the 1980s... :huh:

Or more accurately, comparing blue crap to blue crap with metal flakes in it. Both are ugly shades of blue.

I my rental's Laser Blue Metallic much, much better.

Arrival Blue Metallic FTW!!!

Posted Image

Although, I have to say that recently, Blurple (aka Laser Blue Metallic) has grown on me, at least on the Cobalt.

Well that's why they make chocolate & vanilla.

BV: the lighting on that Alero is not even close to the same.

BV: the lighting on that Alero is not even close to the same.

The hell it's not. In both pictures the sun is clearly shining evidenced by the sharp shadows. How is that not close to same?

As well, I got to see it in person, and yes, it's a very flat color for being metallic. It clearly lacks in depth, especially in comparison to that blue of the Alero/Grand Am. I should, my mom's 00 coupe was that color. I remember it vividly and you can see the obvious difference in pictures. Here are some other light conditions shown with this color since the one I originally posted somehow wasn't "close".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of them clearly show more depth. I don't know what you're smoking.

Edited by blackviper8891

If you call a bright reflection from the sun "depth" then I guess I see your point...? :rolleyes:

If you call a bright reflection from the sun "depth" then I guess I see your point...? :rolleyes:

And let me guess, the fact that "blue flash metallic" is monotone in person and in pictures shows depth? It has no depth. End of story. I don't know why you're inclined to defend a color. It's just a color! :stupid:

So....I gather noone's going to agree with me that Arrival Blue pwns the other two blues. Fine!! *throws hissy fit*

Seriously, though, I'd like to see this new color in person before saying whether or not I like it. The pics in this thread look to have been taken on a very cloudy/hazy day, so we might not be getting the full effect of the color.

I agree with sixty eight, would look good on a street rod. Kind of reminds me of Ford's Grabber Blue from 1970 (think Boss 302). But it does not look good on the Cobalt.

Chris

The darker the metallic color, the more of what yo describe as "depth",

becasuse the more transition to the white reflection.

The darker the metallic color, the more of what yo describe as "depth",

becasuse the more transition to the white reflection.

Do you even know what you are talking about, by any chance? What is your definition of depth? First, you argued that the lighting wasn't similar enough, then you argued that lighting and its caused reflections had nothing to do with depth. Well? I'm curious.

In a sea of silver, platinum, tan, champagne, beige, gold, pewter & refrigerator white

I for one welcome ANY color that adds variety be it "gay" of flat or depth-less.... now

as far as you BV, I'm not sure why you have such a god damn bee in your bonnet? :huh:

In a sea of silver, platinum, tan, champagne, beige, gold, pewter & refrigerator white

I for one welcome ANY color that adds variety be it "gay" of flat or depth-less.... now

as far as you BV, I'm not sure why you have such a god damn bee in your bonnet? :huh:

I'm not the one defending a silly color for some odd reason, and yet, can't even back up statements. My bonnet is completely bee-less. :P

I agree with 68 to the extent that it is different and adds variety...but it seems like a color that is trying to pull off being like a Nogaro or Laguna Seca Blue, and it isn't pulling it off so well...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Nick

I agree with 68 to the extent that it is different and adds variety...but it seems like a color that is trying to pull off being like a Nogaro or Laguna Seca Blue, and it isn't pulling it off so well...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now THOSE are some NICE BLUES.

I like the darker end of the blue spectrum usually. Nissan took their current blue too far however, it's almost black.

As compared to a 1970 Mustang in Grabber Blue the Cobalt has TONS of depth!

It's all relative.

How come a super-exotic quad-turbo V12 Bugatti gets non-metalic blue, huh?

I'm talking about the EB110, not the Veyron.