Super hot weather or super cold weather

Can you handle prolonged super hot or super cold weather better?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Can you handle prolonged super hot or super cold weather better?

• Super hot
    • Super cold
    • Other - explain

I spent 6 days in Las Vegas (106 to 108) every day. You walk out the door and it's like an oven. One day, walking around the strip with a friend, it started to rain from a thunderstorm. It was great.

Followed by 2 days in Rancho Mirage (Palm Springs)...same thing. I will say that the mountains shooting out of the desert floor is quite dramatic but that weather just knocks you out.

Now, I went to grad school somewhere reasonably cold. I remember that as being painful and that driving in snow was kind of scary.

However, most really hot places have a great other 9 months and you can stay in A/C for the remainder.

Which could you handle better...living somewhere really hot (PHX or LAS) or somewhere really cold (Minneapolis or Montreal) if you had a choice?

Edited by trinacriabob

Super hot, but you already knew that, didn't you Bob?

I'll gladly take LAS or PHX over what I'm dealing with now (85* with 70% humidity), and if I never see another snowflake ever again, I don't think I'll shed a tear.

I hate both extremes. Give me 75 in the day (zero/low humidity) and 60s at night. I love it being cold at night and nice in the day because nighttime just feels right for jeans/jogging pants and a hoodie/button up/something.

If there is a place like that year 'round, I want to go there and never leave.

Prefer Super Cold. I can NOT handle the heat.

I remember once I waited at my bus stop (for high school), when the temperature was -3F, and the wind chill was something like -25F. Of course after 45 minutes at the stop we gave up, and then found out the bus driver called in sick.

I'd definitely take heat over cold...and sun over gray. I despise cold... I've lived in Phoenix and it doesn't bother me, just have to have good central air, a pool, and cars w/ good A/C.

I really like the Colorado Front Range climate...never gets too cold or too hot, some snow, but sunny and dry pretty much all the time..

Edited by moltar

If there is a place like that year 'round, I want to go there and never leave.

There is, but here's the catch - it's in San Diego, CA. Your favorite state. :AH-HA_wink:

There is, but here's the catch - it's in San Diego, CA. Your favorite state. :AH-HA_wink:

Yes, San Diego has a great climate.. I like it there a lot..have thought of moving there (though Nor Cal (SF Bay Area) would be better careerwise.

Yes, San Diego has a great climate.. I like it there a lot..have thought of moving there

Here as we speak at a college friend's house. He moved here from LA and never looked back.

The only problem: in HS, the smart people headed north to Berkeley, Stanford, Santa Clara, etc. and the stupid BPs headed to San Diego State to major in communications and marketing, so SD is not chock full of the sharpest tools in the shed.

Cold by far...I got my grandpa's genes where I get hot easily. I hate being in hot, humid places...give me -20 wind chills and I can tough it out, but sweltering in your own sweat just sucks. I have a hard time getting to sleep when it's hot, but I can easily fall asleep when it's cold. I think working in a meatpacking plant for 6 1/2 years also increased my defense against cold temps...I don't get cold as easily as most people.

I'd take super hot because I can get as close to naked as possible in public and go swimming, lmao!