My LeSabre...

Flybrian

Yeah, I'm an a-hole. :P

Just doing some work on it today, though. Finally got it running smooooth with no surging or chugging at idle. New EGR valve, a few new hoses. Oh, and for the investors out there, buy stock in NEV-R-DULL because I plan on shining the chrome.

Whenever I drove the now famous C&G Bicentenial LeSabre I welcomed

a Toyota hitting me, esp. a rear end, which would mean the misaligned

rear bumpewr would be replaced on their dime, as well asd their ENTIRE

Toyota. I'd love to see a wedge-shaped Prius lodge its ugly nose under

the rear I-beam bumper of that yank-tank. Damn A-pillar would be in the

back seat at any amount of serious speed.

Wow, low mileage car. Did you buy it from a little old lady who just drove it to church on Sundays?

Not sure weather you're being sarcastic but Fly bought the LeSabre from me.

I picked it up in a fishing town in north-estern Massachusetts from a kid who

bought it off a guy who brought it out to New England from Nebraska.

At one point, this past May I owned THREE Buicks. Not bad considering that

I only bought my first Buick ever, my '59 on April 4th of this year. What can

I say, they're addictive. And I'll probably be trading my 2-door post LeSabre

for a black 4-door hardtop soon. Low-mi. Colorado car now living in Arizona.

Posted Image

That's at the old domiscile, the ex. still lives there with my daughter.

K.C. Fly's LeSabre has quite the story to it...it's been in the hands of 4 C&G members, which includes spending time with a Mopar or 5 and a Toyota next to it :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So Fly, is the idling at startup fixed now as well so you don't have to run it for like 10 minutes before it runs smooth? I should invest in some of hat stuff, as that boat will go through a store's worth :P

Edited by Dodgefan

K.C. Fly's LeSabre has quite the story to it...it's been in the hands of 4 C&G members, which includes spending time with a Mopar or 5 and a Toyota next to it :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So Fly, is the idling at startup fixed now as well so you don't have to run it for like 10 minutes before it runs smooth? I should invest in some of hat stuff, as that boat will go through a store's worth :P

Much of that was remedied here during its brief stay in the barn.

If I had kept the car I would have done a vaccum hose delete.

All that emissions B.S. just screws up those '70s boats. S.P.'s

1981 Chevrolet Malibu never ran better than AFTER he deleted

all the emissions hoses/charcoal canister, ECM & computer.

XP and him did the emissions delete job.

Actually, I've heard from folks that work with these 455s (V8Buick.com) that its best not to take off all the smogging equipment because it does give you a little better economy and most poigniently, these later-model 455s have lower compression to deal with unleaded gas anyway. You won't see a real massive boost in performance outside the exhaust.

I really don't care for a monster rumbler or an asphalt-ripper anyway. I also hate some of these old boats from the 70s that just can't STFU even at low idle; it gets annyoing (and I don't mean a nice exhaust rumble like Ocn's Sierra; I mean plain loud and irritating). Totally not by bad. If it were, I wouldn't have bought a LeSabre. I'm just going to enjoy preserving one of the last old dinosaurs. Its such a great cruiser. All its needs is a tilt wheel.

I had a 250hp 455 Buick LeSabre 2 dr, just over 24,000 original miles. It was MINT inside and out.

Came home one day and it was gone. I yelled at my brother and grabbed the phone, told him I was reporting it stolen... he was mummbling away and finally told me NOT to phone.

He gave the car away to a tow truck driver in exchange for a $25 tow.

NIIICE.

The tow truck driver phoned me a few years later for the papers. I laughed and hung up on him.

My brother once got a 1960 Buick 2 door hardtop with LOW miles off the original owner. He paid $90 and two junk car frames. The guy also had a VW delivery bus in his back yard, it was less than 10,000 original miles, you couldn't walk to the rear inside, it had a wall behind the front seats. The guy drove it around his house and then the side of his yard washed out, when the truck was a little over a year old. He couldn't get it out, and we stumbled upon it 30 years later.

I like big Buicks!

Oh my goodness ... the thoughts I had when I read the title of this thread ;).

Phew!

*wipes brow*

Thank goodness you were reporting a mileage marker, Fly :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Do I really feel the way I feel?" ... Marc Cohn ... 'Walking In Memphis'

I used to have the brochure and remember the Bicentennial themed names of colors. Yours is Musket Brown since my Dad's Regal coupe of the same year with the funky firing 3.8 2bbl. V6 was Musket Brown with a tan landau top. Other interesting names included Colonial Cream, Potomac Blue, Independence Blue, among others.

I do like the full size RWD GM cars of that era but the Bonneville Brougham and Grandville Brougham, particularly in coupe form and with a vinyl roof, go to "the head of the class."

Fly:

So are you running bias ply tires or radials on that thing? Seems to me some of the older Iron rode better on Bias Ply, but that probably came from the factory with radials, right?

Chris

I like those Pontiacs, too, only without the vinyl top.

PB, babe, the reason why I think the vinyl top helps is because the bottom part of the vinyl top assembly aligns with the greenhouse's beltine. On the coupe, particularly, the beltine of the fixed "opera" window was way off that of the doors and, "architecturally," it didn't flow. The vinyl evens it all out, though they are prone to rust at the edges...

...back to the Buick