99.967 cents Canadian

Wow... crazy. Nothing against Canada but that's pathetic on the USA's part. :(

And I'm going to Vegas and L.A. in two weeks!!!! :CanadaEmoticon:

Last time I was in the U.S., I cashed in $1,000 Can. and got back $650! This time it will be par.!!!

And I'm going to Vegas and L.A. in two weeks!!!! :CanadaEmoticon:

Last time I was in the U.S., I cashed in $1,000 Can. and got back $650! This time it will be par.!!!

What's really alarming is how fast it's risen. From just over 61 cents US in 2002 to even in 5 years.

Posted Image

A 5 year inventment in straight Canadian cash would have earned an American 62%. Crazy.

BUT THE $64,000 QUESTION IS:

When are Canadian car prices going to come down? We're still paying $65k for a Corvette coupe; $55k for a LTZ Silverado; $21k for a LT Cobalt. That's the same prices as 4 years ago when the $C was .67

When are Canadian car prices going to come down? We're still paying $65k for a Corvette coupe; $55k for a LTZ Silverado; $21k for a LT Cobalt. That's the same prices as 4 years ago when the $C was .67

ding ding ding

The crappy part is, this will cut into GM's bottom line if they do it.

:retard: And I'm the moron who moved back to the USA from Canada. Seriously though, Canada is a good place, with good people and I miss living in Cochran.

Cochrane, Alberta?

Ever have Ice Cream @ McKay's?

The money for this spring's Phoenix trip is gonna be purchased tomorrow BTW.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

There is a Cochrane, Ontario too: gateway to the Polar Bear Express and Metropolitan Moosenee!!

• 1 month later...

If the CD had risen more slowly, then maybe prices would be closer to the US, but with such a dramatic change you won't see much difference. The impact on people who bought vehicles a few months ago would be too great. How would you like to lose half your car's value in 6 months instead of three years? You'll have everyone walking into a dealership looking to upgrade, but finding out they're so far upside down on their loan payments they have to borrow $25K to buy a $20K vehicle. What will that do to your sales?

So, this means an igloo that used to cost $60,000USD now costs $62,000USD? Will it cost me more to take the dogsled to work at the lumber mill? Should I just buy a plaid shirt and jeans here in the States rather than cross the border to the capital, Toronto, if I want a Canadian tuxedo?

I demand to know these answers, eh?

It hit CDN$ 1.09 today, I heard on the news that many automotive manufacturers are giving away incentives 5-7 thousand dollars, I think it's Ford and Honda for now, and then many will have to follow. Too many ppl are shopping in Buffalo, that Canada Customs are searching every car at the border coming back in.

You'd be seriously lucky to even find a $60,000 igloo, especially in Alberta or British Columbia.

That's forsure, with global warming the demand has increased tenfold! Ive seen go for as high as 105,000 for a basic and that's without the smoke hut!

:CanadaEmoticon:

OK guys, gather around. Here's the latest rumor......

The Canadian dollar is worth SO MUCH now that soon Canadians will follow Cerberus's example. Canada is poised to buy the entire United States, pick out whatever Canadians find useful, and toss the remainder to the dogs.

I heard it on the internet.

It MUST be true!!!!!!

The Canadian dollar is worth SO MUCH now that soon Canadians will follow Cerberus's example. Canada is poised to buy the entire United States, pick out whatever Canadians find useful, and toss the remainder to the dogs.

It MUST be true!!!!!!

That actually might do us some good. :AH-HA_wink:

It MUST be true!!!!!!

That reminds me of this, though Alberta would probably end up as part of Jesusland.

Posted Image

Edited by frogger

It MUST be true!!!!!!

Idiotic. If you buy American, it drives the USD UP!