Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ghoolish Sights

Before I ordered my Sierra, I was ready to buy a G6 GTP 3.9L/six speed coupe, and I was going to have those chrome trim parts installed in the front end. I haven't seen a G6 in person with those. They look great, imo.

'69 light green Riviera, definitely not restored, being driven by what could have been a retired lady schoolteacher.

Edited by ocnblu

1969 gold Eldorado

Not one, but two Fiero GT's...one black near the University, and one White in the student parking lot...I may snag a pic of it.

2008 black Accord sedan on the way to school this morning.

Red C6 Corvette

I know there's more but I can't remember right now.

Black G6 GXP Street coupe at my local dealer. My salesguy talked to me about it for a few minutes, and offered me a test drive. He says he likes it, especially the mesh grillework, but he kind of got quiet when we got round back and were met with the "hammerhead" spoiler. I wish that hideous spoiler were a delete option, because I like the car except for that... monstrosity.

- 1962 Mercury Monterey ragtop, white/tan

- 1972 Cadillac Sedan deVille, hardtop- the only way they came, tan/brown

- 65% of a sky-blue 1969 Porsche 911, at Holland's junkyard

- decent looking copper metallic 1983 Cadillac Eldorado Biaritz. (I love that stainless steel roof) also at junkyard

- 1979 Lincoln Continental Mk.V, 99% complete with a trunkfull of extra MINT interior parts, also at Hollands' :(

- 2-door '85-ish Caprice Classic, white

- 1953 Plymouth 4-dr sedan

- 1970? BMW 2002, hunter green

- GORGEOUS emerald green 1996? Buick Roadmaster sedan, steel roof

Silver CL63 AMG... what a sexy, beautiful machine.

Hope all four windows were down. :wink:

Today...

A 2nd gen FireBird at Lowell Used Auto...makes me sad to see it there...it was complete except the blown motor

A crushed early 60's T-bird

An all original white `64 T-bird convertible on the highway.

A red Chevy 3100

Behind it a blue GTO both fully restored

Black 1970 Dodge Coronet

- 1978/9 Corvette in two tone silver

- 1940 Ford coupe

- Solstice in black metallic with graphite flames

- gorgeous 1980s elCamino

- International based "Short Bus" with its horn stuck ON. (dude, remove a fuse or unclip the wire to the horn) :rolleyes:

- Some brick-shaped 1985-1995ish Bentley

- 1971 Ford Fairane woody wagon with some serious sounding meat under the hood... like 500HP by the sound/takeoff at a stop sign

- last gen. Rolls Royce ragtop, silver with some cheesy vanity plate

- 2003 Corvette targa 50th Anniv. in the pouring rain w/ the tinted glass roof on

- MINT looking white/blue twin of my '81 MB 240D

- Corolla broken down on the side of the road

- Terraplane 6 hubcap at a yardsale

- Geese flyig south for the winter, a beaver & kingfisher at the cranberry bogs :P

I saw a black w/ black interior mid '90s Eldorado convertible with the top down yesterday...2nd time I've seen this car in the last month.

When I went up in the mountains to see the fall colors last weekend I drove by a field near the tiny village of Pine that had a white '67 Grand Prix and a gold '65 LTD sitting together, probably had been there for many years...I was passed by a white w/ blue stripe Ford GT on the road to Pine (a windy, twisty road from the Conifer area).

Gray '08 Accord EX coupe on the lot. A bit overstyled.

Apple Green '08 Accent SE 3 door hatch on the lot. Sweet looking little sporty econocar, imo, with aluminum rims, fat little tires, foglights, a full compliment of power options... hmmm... :scratchchin:

I seem to have a split automotive personality. I love my truck... I love horsepower and RWD in general, but I also seem to have a perverse interest in tiny, spunky cars... Hyundai Accent SE 3 door, Mini Cooper, Fit Sport... there is something about zipping around in a puddle jumper that's just fun to me. I wish the Aveo were in the same league, but it just seems dull to me, even with the updates. Edited by ocnblu

I seem to have a split automotive personality. I love my truck... I love horsepower and RWD in general, but I also seem to have a perverse interest in tiny, spunky cars... Hyundai Accent SE 3 door, Mini Cooper, Yaris Sport 3 door, Fit Sport... there is something about zipping around in a puddle jumper that's just fun to me. I wish the Aveo were in the same league, but it just seems dull to me, even with the updates.

You can have my Cavalier if you're that desperate... :P

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

God- just came back from 2 days at Hershey... what didn't I see?

How cool was it to see a line of cars looking to turn into the ground Saturday morning.... the occasional hapless plasto-junk drivers thinking "Showcars" meant they could park among them... rejected; vehemently turned out of the line to drive on to who cares where, while all the real cars were ushered in with reverence aplenty. Brass, chrome, heavy-guage sheetmetal, flabbergastingly-complex stampings, real, actual, tactile wood, clear, straightforward engineering, the curious, the iconic, the classic, the time-honored... My list would run a full 'page' here.... {sighs contentedly}

1954 Hudson Italia

Posted Image

1915 Van Blerck (one-off speedster conversion of American-LaFrance fire engine. 17L I-6)

Posted Image

Edited by balthazar

my first new Grand Caravan...it was gold. i gotta say..the rear is it's least flattering angle...the low load height results in a low bumper and tall tailgate...it looks a bit droopy. The rest looks good though.

You just realized that now? :P

I'm seeing G-body coupes more than ever. I've already seen more of those since I've had the Cutlass than I've seen Millenias in the all the time I've had my Milly.

You just realized that now? :P

I'm seeing G-body coupes more than ever. I've already seen more of those since I've had the Cutlass than I've seen Millenias in the all the time I've had my Milly.

Well no, but it's far more apparent in the flesh..and it's the first one I've seen. Still looks better than the bloated Odyssey though. :P

What the hell is a CHevy C2? Some Opel/Daewoo rebadge?

I saw a dude that looked very ZZ-Top-ish in a flatblack & Von-Dutched '49 Ford today.

Also saw a 1950? Chevy pickup. hunter green.