Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dsuupr

Best news yet on the new Malibu

14 posts in this topic

Automobile. The Ann Arbor-based released its 2008 All-Stars winners list. The winners are: Volkswagen GTI, BMW 3-series, Infiniti G37/G35, Volvo C30 (well, maybe not so much this one), Mazda CX-9, Chevrolet Malibu, Mercedes-Benz S-class, Lotus Elise, Porsche Boxster/Cayman and the Chevrolet Corvette.

Automobile. The Ann Arbor-based released its 2008 All-Stars winners list. The winners are: Volkswagen GTI, BMW 3-series, Infiniti G37/G35, Volvo C30 (well, maybe not so much this one), Mazda CX-9, Chevrolet Malibu, Mercedes-Benz S-class, Lotus Elise, Porsche Boxster/Cayman and the Chevrolet Corvette.

Wow...this has to be the first time ever that the Accord didn't make that list...no Camry either. I'd like to have seen the CTS on there, but I see it's two main competitors made the cut. Good news for the Malibu!

Congrats to Chevrolet, hopefully MT gives them a running chance this year for COTY. Personally, I feel the Malibu is more deserving than the Accord, because the leap made by the Malibu lends far more significance to Chevy than the updated Accord to Honda.

GREAT!

Now with Motor Trend...who knows. I always usually understand the rankings, but with their recent SUV choice of the Mazda CX-9...vs. something actually new for 2008 (not from last year) and with sales so fast you can hardly find one to see, the Enclave.

Either way, the Malibu isn't perfect, but it seems to be so good in many regards, it is getting the praise it deserves.

Now with Motor Trend...who knows. I always usually understand the rankings, but with their recent SUV choice of the Mazda CX-9...vs. something actually new for 2008 (not from last year) and with sales so fast you can hardly find one to see, the Enclave.

Especially considering that the CX-9 is ugly from most angles and that the Enclave is beautiful.

The Malibu deserves it, great car, world class....much better than the Accord or Camry.

Chris

GTI deserves it also...

Would also like to see CTS on the list.

Chris

Congrats to Chevrolet, hopefully MT gives them a running chance this year for COTY. Personally, I feel the Malibu is more deserving than the Accord, because the leap made by the Malibu lends far more significance to Chevy than the updated Accord to Honda.

:yes:

Go Chevrolet! Go VW! I am personally happier that Toyota products are not on the list than Hondas. I have a strong dislike for Toyotas... I don't mind Honda products as much.

Especially considering that the CX-9 is ugly from most angles and that the Enclave is beautiful.

Especially considering it's not and is a superb vehicle. As well, the CX9 didn't make the cut last year, just like the Tundra didn't... That doesn't mean they don't get to compete. :huh:

Good to see the Malibu on it, either way.

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't be able to compete. I get how that works. I will take an Enclave any day over a CX-9. To each his own I guess. I think the Mazda is ugly.

Wow! thats exciting news! I'm so glad to see this! :thumbsup:

i think some hardcore long time auto journalists are upset that the new accord got bigger, and went the way it did on its interior (a step backwards). i also think they take issue with the accords 'premium korean' styling.

new accord likely is a great car if you take away its styling issues and the probable press' resentment of the car 'selling out' what it used to be.

i think some hardcore long time auto journalists are upset that the new accord got bigger, and went the way it did on its interior (a step backwards). i also think they take issue with the accords 'premium korean' styling.

new accord likely is a great car if you take away its styling issues and the probable press' resentment of the car 'selling out' what it used to be.

This is all subjective speculation based on your opinions. The Accord's interior has been a high point in every review, and to a lot of people it looks very nice and upscale.

The Accord may not have made it because it's not a game changer like the Malibu is. The Accord is an evolution, whereas the Malibu is a revolution of the nameplate. It's no longer mediocre and is thoroughly competitive.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0