MEIMS: 2008 GMC Terrain

Flybrian

GM @ Middle East Intl. Motor Show
2008 GMC Terrain
Posted Image
Link to Original Article @ DriveArabia

The 2007 Middle East International Motor Show in Dubai played host to its very own “world premiere” by General Motors. The new vehicle is the 2008 GMC Terrain for the Middle East market. Of course, this new compact 4WD is already on sale in Europe as the Opel Antara.

The softroader is largely based on the Korean-built Chevy Captiva, so we expect similar engine options. It rounds off the GMC line-up perfectly, since the expensive Acadia is too large for most people.

ughhhh is that gonna come here as a GMC too?

Just for the ME, I think: the Gulf is a market where doing a nose job will not damage brands as it does in the US or Europe where people are more brand conscious. Edited by ZL-1

Saturn dealers would be furious!!! If that was brought here as-is, it isn't much different from the Saturn VUE (basically it's just a new grille insert). I for one can't wait to see what GMC offers when Pontiac no longer sells the Torrent, but if we're just getting a re-grilled VUE for GMC, then keep the Torrent in Pontiac's stable. I do however like the name "Terrain", but feel it would need something better for the NA market.

Well that's interesting...its called Terrain, and yet its a car-based crossover SUV, and thus not a real truck-based SUV that would dare tackle off-road terrain, and oh yeah.....ITS ANOTHER GMC CAR!!! Keep it there, please!

I love the Acadia-far and away the best GMC right now even though I've always been fully against any GMC (or Jeep) cars, and that's considering the lack of design advancement (all GMT900's), or they're old and/or crap (the rest of the line). Nice way to insert an Acadia-like front to the VUE, but yeah.....like I said...keep it there....

To me, the new VUE is a bit of a step backwards (looks-wise only) after the first-gen, but this is totally gorgeous, and totally different than the Saturn. This is a real GMC! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: <_< :AH-HA_wink:

Why can't the brands distinguish themselves from each other.... brothers and sisters can't share the same coat at the same time... DUH... If they are going to continue this crap, then why not just kill the brands and Label the cars GM, a consolidated brand.

Why can't the brands distinguish themselves from each other.... brothers and sisters can't share the same coat at the same time... DUH... If they are going to continue this crap, then why not just kill the brands and Label the cars GM, a consolidated brand.

This GMC is not coming to America... you'll never see it here. I don't see anything wrong with having a rebadged VUE in the middle east.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, according to that article, the '09 NA GMC Terrain is going to share a lot with the all-new Equinox, but have it's own interior and exterior. Now the question is how much of the new Equinox is shared with the Saturn VUE? This will answer how much more different the Equinox and NA Terrain will be from the Saturn VUE. I'm betting that the Equinox & Terrain will not be clones of the VUE or ME Terrain; however, do any of our insiders care to comment on that theory??? :AH-HA_wink:

Well, according to that article, the '09 NA GMC Terrain is going to share a lot with the all-new Equinox, but have it's own interior and exterior. Now the question is how much of the new Equinox is shared with the Saturn VUE? This will answer how much more different the Equinox and NA Terrain will be from the Saturn VUE. I'm betting that the Equinox & Terrain will not be clones of the VUE or ME Terrain; however, do any of our insiders care to comment on that theory??? :AH-HA_wink:

I hope none of the Equinox is shared with the Vue. Because it will end up being an overweight Koreo-German pig. The current Equinox is not a bad platform, just tweak it, upgrade the interior and exterior it will be a good vehicle.