Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2009 Kia Borrego caught in every angle.

Quickening of GMI boards have posted the link where ALL the angles of the un-coverred 2009 Kia Borrego(called the Mohave in Korea) inside and out are posted. Korean market version, but I think this is the first time that EVERY angle of the car has been revealed. It's pretty dull, plain and bland, and yes, it's derivative in a way, but I think this is way LESS derivative than the Hyundai's latest Genesis Trash is.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-kia-borrego/509383/

Just wanted to share it here as well. Sorry if anyone posted this before. I am not myself right now. :unsure:

Actually I don't find it very derivative at all. It doesn't knockoff any BOF SUV that I can think of directly. The lower body moldings, rear end, rear windows and such all seem pretty original the front is a bit bland and the SUV as a whole doesn't exactly set new standards for design but it's pretty attractive and 100x better than anything coming out of Japan right now.

The interior looks really impressive...the Koreans have come so far in a such a short time.

BUt I question the need for such a vehicle at a time when the BOF SUV market is shrinking.

Well, at first, I thought it kinda look like the Lexus RX350 on the frontend, well, uglier version that is, so.....

I can tell that this SUV is loosely based on one of Kia's old concept, the MESA, by the look of it, but I sure hope they make some updates in styling(and I pray to god they DON'T follow Hyundai and actually ruin it) before they sell these things.

KiaMesa.jpg

The Kia Mesa Concept.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

Part Lexus, part Nissan, part Hyundai

no, not derivative at all

So which part looks like a Nissan or a Hyundai? (especially considering Hyundai has no BOF SUV). I can see a little Lexus up front but it's not a dead ringer. It's amazing how far some of you guys will stretch the truth just to claim it's a knockoff of everything else because it's not GM...so does it look like an Ion too? :rolleyes:

So which part looks like a Nissan or a Hyundai? (especially considering Hyundai has no BOF SUV). I can see a little Lexus up front but it's not a dead ringer. It's amazing how far some of you guys will stretch the truth just to claim it's a knockoff of everything else because it's not GM...so does it look like an Ion too? :rolleyes:

What does it's frame construction have to do with it's looks?

Lexus in the headlights and grill

Nissan in the beltline and roofline. Basically a Pathfinder front end glued to a Murano back end

Hyundai mini-van tailgate

Nissan in the beltline and roofline. Basically a Pathfinder front end glued to a Murano back end

Let's Compare.

nissan_murano_2007_01.jpg

27_1.jpg

Wow man, they are like, TOTALLY alike. I suppose since the Traverse will have an upkick in the rear window it will be a knockoff of the Murano too right?

You just contradicted yourself by saying the the front end looked like a Lexus, now it's a Pathfinder? I can give you the Lexus but not the Nissan.

2008-nissan-pathfinder-front-rightj.jpg

25_3.jpg

As for the tailgate...

2007hyundaientouragepicturesideview.jpg

26_4.jpg

HOLY $h! BATMAN! TH3Y AR3 LIK3 S00000 ID3NTICAL!!1

Seriously, did you even look at the vehicles you're "comparing" it too before declaring OMG T3H A$$ LOOKS S0 MUCH LIKE A MINIVAN...(don't mind the fact that the tail lights are vertical on the van VS horizontal on the SUV) C'mon, you can do better than that. :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Actually, no. It's more like this.. :P

GMC Acadia up front.

BMW X3 in the sides.

BMW 3er wagon/Hyundai Veracruz out back.

Well, the one that I am actually waiting to see more, is the Kia Soul. The concept was awesome, and based on what we've seen so far of the coverred-up spy photos and stuff, it looked as if the production version did not changed much from the concept, which can be a good news. It was like my favorite of all the Kia concepts they made so far since to me, all the others they have showed were kinda blah.... dull, and well.... boring, except this one..

No, I won't buy it, but it is one model that I am waiting to see on the streets, that is, IF anyone will fork over their money and buy this thing. I am not sure if this concept is derivative or not(maybe it is), but if Kia can keep it mostly as is, I think it will turn out pretty decent looking. Though it will be nice if they can keep the suicide door, although they confirmed that it won't make it due to safety issue.

042696.3-lg.jpg

Now, only if they don't screw it up like Hyundai did......

There is a new CF(Commercial) out for Korea for the Borrego.

The translation: (Not sure about the correct spelling for the people listed however)

Peter Schreyer....

George Fischer....

Michael Micke....

January 3rd, 2008....

Finally....

The masters of automobiles meet....

Mohave....

It's just a teaser, but I guess the Korean version gets sold in home on January.

Motor Trend Magazine have posted some new infos on the Kia Mohave(Korean)/Borrego(N.A). They are saying that this SUV will start at around mid $20K, and will have an option of V8 that will be used on the upcomming Hyundai Genesis that produces 375 HP.

Here is the link that you can click on to read in its entirely:

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve...ego_first_look/

Most of you probably have seen it. Not a fan of Hyundai nor Kia but it will be interesting if this will sell in the tough market like North America.