I need some geek help

All of the sudden I am having tons of trouble viewing certain websites. Unfortunately, one of them is CZ28.com - a site I really enjoy.

It seems like only those sites with offsite linked ads are giving me trouble, especially "ads by Google".

CZ28 has been one of the most reliable sites I've ever been on until now. This change came at me "out of the blue" and I can't figure out what the trouble is.

Pages can literally take minutes to load if these ads are present, but other pages of the same site without ads seem fine.

WTF?

All of the sudden I am having tons of trouble viewing certain websites. Unfortunately, one of them is CZ28.com - a site I really enjoy.

It seems like only those sites with offsite linked ads are giving me trouble, especially "ads by Google".

CZ28 has been one of the most reliable sites I've ever been on until now. This change came at me "out of the blue" and I can't figure out what the trouble is.

Pages can literally take minutes to load if these ads are present, but other pages of the same site without ads seem fine.

WTF?

Interesting...I wonder if the DNS entry for that site has changed..I tried going to CZ28.com w/ firefox and get this error:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.carch-default.partner.

I tried with IE and got the 'server not available' error dialogs, I tried a second time, and it loads fine now..

Yeah but Netscape is pretty lousy these days. download FireFox, one you try it you'll never go back to IE :P

Well that was fun. :rolleyes:

Firefox downloaded super fast, but all of my passwords evaporated in both old and new browsers.

I did try it over at CZ28, and it was a little better.

Yeah but Netscape is pretty lousy these days. download FireFox, one you try it you'll never go back to IE :P

netscape was a glossed over firefox, they ran the same base code... and it's dead now.... my boss loved it, said it told him to switch to FF. can't wait for 3, hopefully no more memory leaks when you leave it on "forever"

M$ is well known for randomly breaking things with their patches and bugfixes, and mysteriously fixing them with subsequent updates. For a week or so the IE icon on my Start menu disappeared and was replaced by a generic Windows icon. It's fine now.

I'm seriously pondering a wholesale move away from M$ sometime soon. I'm running Ubuntu Linux on a laptop and it works great right out of the box, and I've been impressed by the seat time I've had with Mac OS X.

FireFox is so much better than IE. The scrolling thing actually never bothered me, but that add-on is pretty cool. What makes FireFox so good is besides being more secure than IE, it also has better features, like Session Restore. If FF ever crashes you can choose to restore the session...so every webpage and tab you were looking at comesback. You can also set it to ask to restore the session whenever you restart FF from a computer shutdown or after previously closing the browser.

The of course there is the multitude of add-ons to make FF even better. This includes DownloadThemAll (my favorite add-on), which is a download manager than can pause and resume downloads, keep track of downloads, and you can tell it where to download things to and it will remember the locations so you can quick select frequently used destination folders. There's also FireFTP (good for us web designers) Adblock Plus, and FoxForcast which keeps current weather conditions and tomorrow's forecast in the status bar. I prefer it to things like weatherbug which run in you taskbar/background.

IE is only good for those rare occasions that websites like msn require it. Other than that I just find FireFox to be a far superior product...plus the updates don't require you to restart your computer!