Camino LS6

I need some geek help

35 posts in this topic

All of the sudden I am having tons of trouble viewing certain websites. Unfortunately, one of them is CZ28.com - a site I really enjoy.

It seems like only those sites with offsite linked ads are giving me trouble, especially "ads by Google".

CZ28 has been one of the most reliable sites I've ever been on until now. This change came at me "out of the blue" and I can't figure out what the trouble is.

Pages can literally take minutes to load if these ads are present, but other pages of the same site without ads seem fine.

WTF?

All of the sudden I am having tons of trouble viewing certain websites. Unfortunately, one of them is CZ28.com - a site I really enjoy.

It seems like only those sites with offsite linked ads are giving me trouble, especially "ads by Google".

CZ28 has been one of the most reliable sites I've ever been on until now. This change came at me "out of the blue" and I can't figure out what the trouble is.

Pages can literally take minutes to load if these ads are present, but other pages of the same site without ads seem fine.

WTF?

Interesting...I wonder if the DNS entry for that site has changed..I tried going to CZ28.com w/ firefox and get this error:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.carch-default.partner.

I tried with IE and got the 'server not available' error dialogs, I tried a second time, and it loads fine now..

I'm using Firefox and it works fine for me...try deleting your browser's cache and cookies...then see if it loads any better.

I know that the web address now has to be camaroz28.com now instead of all of the variants they used to use.

I'm using Firefox and it works fine for me...try deleting your browser's cache and cookies...then see if it loads any better.

No go.

Forum index pages seem to be really bad.

I have the same trouble on the G8 board, they have the same "ads by Google" crap.

Could be.

I loved Netscape back when it was simple and fast.

Yeah but Netscape is pretty lousy these days. download FireFox, one you try it you'll never go back to IE :P

Yeah but Netscape is pretty lousy these days. download FireFox, one you try it you'll never go back to IE :P

Well that was fun. :rolleyes:

Firefox downloaded super fast, but all of my passwords evaporated in both old and new browsers.

I did try it over at CZ28, and it was a little better.

You have been infected with the new GME virus! :rotflmao:

Nah, I'm completely immune to that mess.

How goofy!

CZ28 is now working perfectly on IE. :stupid:

Probably something transient..they may have been updating their website tonight..

Probably something transient..they may have been updating their website tonight..

Nah, this has been going on for a few days. I'm sure it is on my end.

In fact, IE is faster here now as well.

I just tried Firefox again and damn! The scrolling is terrible!

My eyes may never recover, such jittery action.

netscape was a glossed over firefox, they ran the same base code... and it's dead now.... my boss loved it, said it told him to switch to FF. can't wait for 3, hopefully no more memory leaks when you leave it on "forever"

Time for a new Computer, maybe?

God I hope not!

That's not in the budget.

Seems ok now.

God I hope not!

That's not in the budget.

Seems ok now.

Hopefully it's just a flake thing...even my computer has been strange lately....

Beware the GME virus and the Opel worm! Coming to a GMNA dealer near you soon! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I just tried Firefox again and damn! The scrolling is terrible!

My eyes may never recover, such jittery action.

Try this add on. It utilizes Adobe style scrolling w/ the right click. I LOVE it, it makes me wish more programs used it (Word, OneNote).

Beware the GME virus and the Opel worm! Coming to a GMNA dealer near you soon! :AH-HA_wink:

:o

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead