Pimp My Ride never ceases to...

Variance

....make me say "WTF?" :blink:

As I'm watching them now, they're currently "pimping" an 80s Toyota van. So far they've painted the exterior with a blue fade....with orange flames. :huh:

On the interior, they've installed two dog bowls (the owner carries around dogs) with a TV for the dogs to watch...ok.

Plus, they've done the panels and seats in an ugly gray and blue scheme.

But then, what do I expect? They rarely do up a car tastefully. <_<

My favorite PMR jobs were the Ranger, the Legend, that Microbus, and especially that Chevelle (which could have stepped to Overhaulin's work) I hate their work on brand new cars, and that ridiculous Pacer (which is almost blatantly a car someone bought at a boneyard just to get on the show)

:unsure: do they ever do anything about the engine and tranny.  :unsure:

I mean I think I saw them replace one once but otherwise they put all that stuff in a vehicle that is going to break down in a few months anyway.

WTF :omfg:

[post="32588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

they fix them clean them up or drop in new ones its just that "The New Generation of kids" dont care whats under the hood. They just want it to look cool, so the engine gets very little t.v. time.

I want to doubt they would give a person a car that had absolutely nothing done to the engine....it may not be modified, but it should be at least brought to like new condition. In the cases the engines are modified, it's usually because they see the car in the musclecar or Fast-And-Furious boy racer mold.

Oh, we like what's under the hood, alright...at least in Oklahoma. I dont know about those coastal types. I'm 17, and i think the whole TV/DVD in the dash thing is pretty stupid. You cant watch while you're driving. So who really gives a crap? It's a car, not a theater. Make it go faster and then we'll talk. PMR just makes me laugh. Case closed.

There's only been two Pimp My Ride episodes where the result actually impressed me: the one with the 1955 Bel Air and the 195x Chevy Panel Truck. Both were done very tastefully, and they actually bothered to do something under the hood.

I think they do the ridiculous things they do to some of these cars simply because MTV is paying for it, and hey, it's entertainment..... I remember one episode where a cat had a Mitsubishi Mirage sedan (for sure, definitely a model that's pretty throwaway and nowhere near sporty)...when reveal time came, Q said something to the effect of "we put $20,000 worth of work into a $900 car." The tone of his voice seemed to declare that it really was a waste of time. It's probably why they get so giddy over brand new cars, as they probably feel those are more worth all those expensive gadgets. I have to think they prefer to be unleashed on more interesting iron, even if it is just a TV show about hooking up college-age kids. I know this much, regardless of what I push, if it goes on that show, it's got the get the drivetrain addressed, I want to be able to actually use my trunk, and I could give two turds about an Xbox. A laptop mounted up front, however, that might be pretty swift....

I admit that I can't NOT watch that show when I stumble on it, and the I admire the craftmanship they put into the car, even if some of it is "ghetto chic". But I don't ever recall them ever saying, even briefly, "oh , btw, we also did a valve job and replaced the oil pump". But I also agree that it's unlikley that they would put so much money and effort into a car that might not be able to drive out of the garage, so...hmmm. I also don't get the X box thing. They must be the big sponsor of the show. I've even seen the "guest" get a puzzled look on their face when they proclaim "and you got not two, but THREE xboxes in your trunk dawg!" The guest looks like "um, ok, but why? I guess it will keep my younger brother away from the gear shift..." HAHA! Cool show though...amazing work. I'd like to have them do a thing or two to my cars...but something a bit more, subtle?

Oh, we like what's under the hood, alright...at least in Oklahoma.  I dont know about those coastal types.

I'm 17, and i think the whole TV/DVD in the dash thing is pretty stupid.  You cant watch while you're driving.  So who really gives a crap?  It's a car, not a theater.  Make it go faster and then we'll talk.

PMR just makes me laugh.  Case closed.

[post="32696"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

YAY NORMAL!!!!

I didnt mean all the kids just most of the MTV wathcing type that have 4 billion dollars in clothes alone. I love engine i think they should just "sup it up" and give it to them with new paint.

I Only think a tv in the backseat or a lap top in a car is it. Thats enough, but you camaro fans i saw a awesome sub. today. My brother bought a JL Audio W7 10 inch an the box fits right in that little compartmen in the trunk on the driverside. AND IT "BUMPS". For a 10.

I think MTV's kind of saying to make it look nice w/out souping it up. That will make them not so fast on the street. Maybe? Nope. But I think the show's cool once in awhile. Then again, I much rather play with an engine than redesign the seat covers. Edited by NOS2006

I can't imagine having my Camaro get done over by one of these shows... either it would be like WTF? Shagg Carpeting & a disco ball are you motherf***ers on crack!?!?! or it might be a pleasant surprise: 572 crate motor and a 6-speed with a gear vendors kit good for 0-100mph in 10 sec. AND 200+mph. How sweet. I'm buying you all a cup of coffee! :wub: :P

I love that show- It's so ridiculous... they take a total beater and add 25k worth of video equipment (but don't change the oil), add a silly paint job and some rims and send the lucky owner off on his way. Where the car will be stolen in about ten minutes.

I can't imagine having my Camaro get done over by one of these shows... either it would be like WTF? Shagg Carpeting & a disco ball are you motherf***ers on crack!?!?!

or it might be a pleasant surprise: 572 crate motor and a 6-speed with a gear vendors kit good for 0-100mph in 10 sec. AND 200+mph. How sweet. I'm buying you all a cup of coffee! :wub: :P

[post="33150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You defintely want Chip Foose "Stealing your car" and doing it over then. Doubt you'll get a 572 Crate and a 6 speed from PMR. Although you might get a tv that faces the road from beneath the trunk so you can watch tv while broke down on the side of the road from their shoddy work. Oh whats that? The TV is focked beyond belief because its on the bottom of the car? You dont say? :P

Random thought... I'd hate to know what they would do to a Fiero. Oh my... I can only imagine... a flames paint job!?!?!?!?!?1/1/1/oneslashoneshash1/1/1/!?!?!? Oh the horror and teasing it would recieve.... http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotflmao.gif

[post="33194"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

WTH is this 1/1/1/1 thing? Is it an inside joke I'm not in on?? I remember the OJ joke where he has a website... the address being www.///\\///\\.com

(slash, slash, back-slash etc.)

No... hold the shift key when you press those keys. What do you get? "!?!?!?!?". All it is is mocking sloppy typers that end up putting "!!!!!!1!!!111" or something like that. Usually by putting "!!!!1!1!111oneone". Since it was "?!?!?!?", I put "!?!?!?1/1/1/1/oneslashoneslash...". See? No inside joke, just capitalizing on being bored and stupid.

God, I wish my car could go on there just to get a new dash (it was cracked when someone broke into my car to steal my CD player) and a new exterior paint job (no flames on the side... don't need to advertise I'm a flamer LOL), just a nice little dark blue paint job. Maybe some conservative rims (c'mon, it's a Century--there's no point in trying to make it look like it might be a fast car). Other than that, the car is maintained, and the engine is still fairly young (only 95,600 miles)

Would love to get the Safari van, the LeMans, or my mom's Accord on either show....respectively, too many broken doors and it needs a new seat and roof, just a wallop of restoration to do, and airbags are expensive to replace and reset. Basically, three vehicles with big potential...the GMs could definitely be some great entertainers. Maybe I'll work out a deal with my little brother or one of my cousins in their late teens. In Overhaulin's case, I can just write a letter for my mom.

I looked into getting my Camaro on Overhaulin' waht I got after a few days of email writing was an email response from the Discovery Channel & TLC saying the channels and or producers of the show do not take public solicitations or ideas. <_<

I looked into getting my Camaro on Overhaulin' waht I got after a few days of email writing was an email response from the Discovery Channel & TLC saying the channels and or producers of the show do not take public solicitations or ideas. <_<

[post="33765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Have your girl write it...

But do you have that story about what a great guy you are and something selfless you're doing or a disease you're currently suffering?

I wish they would have a show called "Fix My Ride", where they would do just that: fix everything that's wrong w/ your car and give it back to you good as new. That's what I tell my wife: if she ever wants to get my car "pimped" or "Overhauled", or whatever, don't let them go nuts w/ it, I don't want 10,000 watts of stereo or a paint job you can see from space. I just want my AC to work. And my power locks. And I want the handful of rust spots fixed. And the trunk to stop leaking. And the engine temp sensor replaced. <sigh>

Have your girl write it...

But do you have that story about what a great guy you are and something selfless you're doing or a disease you're currently suffering?

[post="33767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

he has OverC&Gsicoses (Spends why to much time on C&G that he might be addicted or somthing)

I think we all have that!