(NW9) traction control

(MN5) 4-speed automatic transmission

Exterior color (15U) Golden Cashmere

Exterior color (40U) Cream White

Exterior color (53U) Bronzed Pewter

Exterior color (67U) Silver Pearl

(19B) Black cloth

New Features

(QGG) P215/55R17 touring, blackwall tires are standard on all models but XR V6 Sedan

Exterior paint color (17U) Quick Silver

Exterior paint color (50U) Polar White

Exterior paint color (51U) Gold Mist

Exterior paint color (92U) Silver Moss

(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system is included and only available with (PCM) Preferred Package on XE Sedan and standard on XR Sedans

Changes

ZZV69 is now the XR 4-cylinder model

ZZX69 is the XR V6 model

Aura Greenline:

Deletions

(QPE) P215/60R16 touring, blackwall tires

(QD1) 16" 5-spoke machined alloy wheels

Exterior color (15U) Golden Cashmere

Exterior color (40U) Cream White

Exterior color (53U) Bronzed Pewter

Exterior color (67U) Silver Pearl

New Features

Exterior paint color (17U) Quick Silver

Exterior paint color (50U) Polar White

Exterior paint color (51U) Gold Mist

Exterior paint color (92U) Silver Moss

(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system is included and only available with (PCM) Preferred Package

(QGG) P215/55R17 touring, blackwall tires

(PFG) Wheels 17" (43.2 cm) twin-spoke machined alloy

07sataurapfg_xe_wheel_nf.jpg

As talked about before, no more 3.5L and now the 2.4L is standard in both XE and XR trims--and gets the 6-speed on ALL, unlike the Malibu which still uses the 4-speed on some trims. Also, Bluetooth on everything.

Pretty good, especially the XR-4 which a lot of people have been wishing for, and though some may carp about the 3.5L going away...everyone who drives a 2.4L Aura seems to love it, and it will only help with CAFE, etc.

I like how they simplified the model line. A 4 cylinder XR is something that should have happened at launch. The 3.5 going away is a good thing, as is the 6 speed auto standard on the Aura. You can tell that GM is serious about making this brand a volume player.

Now, all we need is a Saturn dealership in the state of Montana so I don't have to drive 9 hours to Boise to buy my daughter her Astra.

Now, all we need is a Saturn dealership in the state of Montana so I don't have to drive 9 hours to Boise to buy my daughter her Astra.

Yes, there needs to be more everywhere. Not that we miss it, but another reason why mom is not driving a new Saturn right now...one dealer, and not exactly that close.

Otherwise, great--but small--changes for the Aura. The 2.4L models that dealers get seem to be the only ones that sell quickly, so giving that engine more features, trims, and the 6-speed can only be a great thing.

with fewer 3.5's , it should definitely be put in the impy for 09... oh well. the 6 speed standard sounds like it just might be better than all others in this segment.

too bad i guess the GL doesn't get the 6speed though....too soon?

You might check & see if a dealer in northern utah might be closer - it is for me.

+1 for them needing more locations. 2hrs is closest for me (northern utah), and Idaho only has one dealer (boise).

any improvements to the BAS like on the vue?

No. Just ditched the 16" wheels for the regular Aura 17's, and a few detail changes like the rest of the Auras.

Then again...there were NO '08 Aura or Malibu Hybrids literally except for a handful that sneaked through (and were never seen except for by a few people) to an exec here or there. Battery supply an other issues, I guess. But a whole model year of waiting...and still nothing.

Hopefully for '09 they can actually produce Hybrids from day one because, even without the system being that spectacular, some people still would like them...me included.

I think the Aura still has more standard features, but yeah, there's a lot of overlap. Next gen Aura (Insignia) should help differentiate.

Haha, then my concern will be the overlap between the LaCrosse and Aura.

Haha, then my concern will be the overlap between the LaCrosse and Aura.

probably better to have upward overlap than the circular overlap that seems to exist now between Malibu/G6/Aura. Plus hopefully the Insignia will be that much more differentiated simply by being designed by Opel instead of GMNA.

True, I just want what's best for GM. Right now, I see G6, Malibu, Aura, Impala, and even the LaCrosse all overlapping each other, and that's just too much--way out of control.

No. Just ditched the 16" wheels for the regular Aura 17's, and a few detail changes like the rest of the Auras.

Then again...there were NO '08 Aura or Malibu Hybrids literally except for a handful that sneaked through (and were never seen except for by a few people) to an exec here or there. Battery supply an other issues, I guess. But a whole model year of waiting...and still nothing.

Hopefully for '09 they can actually produce Hybrids from day one because, even without the system being that spectacular, some people still would like them...me included.

i can attest to having touched an aura hybrid at a dealer one time. they may be few but there are some!

I like how they simplified the model line. A 4 cylinder XR is something that should have happened at launch. The 3.5 going away is a good thing, as is the 6 speed auto standard on the Aura. You can tell that GM is serious about making this brand a volume player.

Are there enough people in Montana to support a car dealership?

I would think so, especially around Great Falls. Just surprised since some smaller markets have a Saturn dealership and there is not one in the Great Falls area.

I would think so, especially around Great Falls. Just surprised since some smaller markets have a Saturn dealership and there is not one in the Great Falls area.

i got my aztek at the dealer in GF, ND. they have since taken on saturn in addition to all other GM brands except hummer and saab, the saturn part is a little place off to the side in their main facility. maybe your local GM shop could just do that. that is where i saw the green line.

It's great to see that the 4 speed automatic transmission/4 cylinder engine combo is being upgraded to 6 speed auto/4 cylinder combo. I also like the fact that the 4 cylinder will be available on the uplevel XR trim; with gas prices continuing to increase, uplevel trims with smaller engine choices will become more popular in our market. These changes alone should put the Aura back on the shopping list of midsize sedan buyers (along with the fact that this car is much better looking than the Camry and Accord).

The Bluetooth connectivity package is also a great addition. Unfortunately, a navigation package is still not offered; this may still turn off a lot of customers who think this option is a necessary feature.

Thats a joke right....ND has three and I see a lot of Saturns rollin around, so Montana is missing out for sure.

i got my aztek at the dealer in GF, ND. they have since taken on saturn in addition to all other GM brands except hummer and saab, the saturn part is a little place off to the side in their main facility. maybe your local GM shop could just do that. that is where i saw the green line.

I think that needs to happen in more places. The little Saturn section of Rydell's works perfectly.

Edited by scharmer05

define "a lot"

I don't know for sure. I do see a lot of negative posts on auto forums about the lack of availability of a navigation system in the Aura and Malibu. I personally don't see the inclusion of a navigation system as a necessity. I don't have one now and certainly wouldn't consider the lack of one as a deal breaker in the future.

Oh, power is back up to 169 hp for the 2.4 L engine, at least with the 6-speed auto standard in the Aura and optional in the Malibu (LTZ) and G6 (sport pack)

The '08 2.4L's are rated at that too...nothing changed, except for the 6-speed availability.

I don't know for sure. I do see a lot of negative posts on auto forums about the lack of availability of a navigation system in the Aura and Malibu. I personally don't see the inclusion of a navigation system as a necessity. I don't have one now and certainly wouldn't consider the lack of one as a deal breaker in the future.

It's a major question (one that's important to the automakers). Yes, reviewers whine about no nav, and sometimes people whine right along, but how many people actually will/would shell out for it when it comes time to buy? IIRC, the #s from those cars that do offer it show a very small percentage of cars selling with it. If GM offered it, would it be because it makes good business sense, or because the reviewers whine about it? I honestly don't know...

It's a major question (one that's important to the automakers). Yes, reviewers whine about no nav, and sometimes people whine right along, but how many people actually will/would shell out for it when it comes time to buy? IIRC, the #s from those cars that do offer it show a very small percentage of cars selling with it. If GM offered it, would it be because it makes good business sense, or because the reviewers whine about it? I honestly don't know...

Very true--only a handful. Still, it hurts a touch that it isn't on the options list, but in reality, only a handful would splurge on it in the first place.

Wow, now there's no reason whatsoever to buy this over Malibu, nice job GM, way to make Saturn near-useless for the time being. So much for it having premium aspirations.....

The '08 2.4L's are rated at that too...nothing changed, except for the 6-speed availability.

Power was reduced for the 2.4 L across the board in 2007. For the Epsilon sedans that meant down to 164 hp, at which the 4-speed autos are still rated. The reason given was a change in cat for reduced emissions, which increased back pressure and reduced power.

Power was reduced for the 2.4 L across the board in 2007. For the Epsilon sedans that meant down to 164 hp, at which the 4-speed autos are still rated. The reason given was a change in cat for reduced emissions, which increased back pressure and reduced power.

I don't follow--according to the Chevy website, the 2.4L is 169hp (164hp in the hybrid).

In June 2007 the 2.4 in the G6 was decreased to 164 hp, carried over to the new Malibu and the introduction in the Aura. In late August the output for the Aura was increased to 169 hp again, and the Malibu followed in Sept. The G6 is still listed as 164 hp.

Edited by thegriffon

Now they just need to address the lack of rear seat fold down armrest, overhead assist handles, no glovebox light(even a Kia Optima has this), poor fuel economy on the 3.6 and Hybrid, no 6 speed auto for the Hybrid and poor interior fit and finish. We test drove a 2008 XE 3500 and liked the way this car drove and it's features but interior fits were terrible in spots and the lack of rear seat armrest was very noticeable when every single other competitors car has these things. My buddy actually specified the 3500 V6 because of it's superior mileage and it was plenty fast enough with it's 224 HP. A 6 speed would have made it even better. At least the now std 6 speed/2.4 setup will make this competitive with the 09 Sonota at 32 highway and better than the Accord and Camry 4 banger automatics.