(PDX) Sport Package

(PCM) Preferred Package

(PCQ) Premium Package

(NZ6) 16" (40.6 cm) custom spoke wheels

Exterior color (39U) Nitrous Blue Metallic

Exterior color (95U) Titanium Metallic

(LE5) ECOTEC 2.4L Variable Valve Timing DOHC 4-cylinder SFI engine

(L61) ECOTEC 2.2L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder SFI engine

(AK5) Air bags, dual-stage frontal, driver and front passenger with Passenger Sensing System

(US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback,

New Features

Exterior color (17U) Quicksilver Metallic

09pong5_gm17wa636r_nf.jpg

Exterior color (92U) Silver Green Metallic

09pong5_gm92wa633r_nf.jpg

Interior color (473) Ebony/Red leather-appointed seating (available on 2AN37 G8 GT only)

wgteab167a_wgtegn341m_nf.jpg

(LAP) ECOTEC 2.2L Continuous Variable Valve Timing DOHC 4-cylinder MFI engine is standard on both models

(PDP) Preferred Plus Package, includes (NZ0) 16" (40.6 cm) machine-faced aluminum wheels, (JM4) 4-wheel antilock front disc/rear drum brakes, (B84) body-color bodyside moldings, (AP9) cargo net , (K34) cruise control, (N11) single outlet stainless-steel exhaust with chrome tip, (T37) front fog lamps, (N34) leather-wrapped steering wheel, (VY7) leather-wrapped shift knob, (UK3) steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, (UPF) Bluetooth for phone and level 2 body-color front fascia

(ASA) Dual-stage frontal, driver and front passenger air bags with infant only suppression is standard on all models

(UUI) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), automatic volume, TheftLock, auxiliary input jack, USB port and 36 cross-band presets is included and only available with (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package on 2AL37 G5 and free-flow on 2AN37 G5 GT

25968102_uui_nf.jpg

(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface) is included and only available with (PDP) Preferred Plus Package on G5 Coupe and standard on G5 GT

(UE0) OnStar, not-installed is available on 2AL37 G5 Coupe and requires a Fleet or Government order type

(WTC) Tire sealant and inflator kit, in place of spare tire is standard on both models

(ZAE) Spare tire, includes spare wheel is available on 2AL37 G5 Coupe and requires (PG1) 15" (38.1 cm) steel wheels with full bolt-on wheel covers. (ZAE) replaces (WTC) tire sealant and inflator kit.

(ZAG) Spare tire, includes spare wheel is available on 2AL37 G5 Coupe and requires (NZ0) 16" (40.6 cm) machine-faced aluminum wheels. (ZAG) replaces (WTC) tire sealant and inflator kit.

(ZAH) Spare tire, includes spare wheel is available on 2AN37 G5 GT Coupe and requires (PFE) 17" (43.2 cm) painted aluminum wheels. (ZAH) replaces (WTC) tire sealant and inflator kit.

(SGC) Spare tire and wheel, not desired is available on both models.

Changes

(UE1) OnStar is now standard on 2AL37 G5 Coupe (was available as a flee flow in 2008)

(192) Ebony leather-appointed seating and (KA1) driver and front passenger heated seats are no longer available on 2AL37 G5 Coupe

(PCJ) Sun and Sound Package contains new content. (PCJ) now includes (US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback, (CF5) power sunroof and (UQ3) Pioneer premium 7-speaker system

(PG1) Wheels, 15" (38.1 cm) steel with full bolt-on wheel covers appearance has changed

(US9) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 playback is now included and only available with (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package on 2AL37 G5 (was free-flow in 2008)

(K34) Cruise control is now part of (PDP) Preferred Plus Package and an available free-flow option (was only included with (PCM) Preferred Package in 2008)

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...862&type=0#

G6

Deletions

Model (2ZF69) G6 1SV Value Leader Sedan

(QC1) 16" (40.6 cm) steel with bolt-on wheel covers

(QPE) P215/60R16 touring, blackwall tires

(PCM) GXP Preferred Package

(JF4) Power-adjustable pedals

(VPZ) Regular production accessory, Chrome Appearance Package

Exterior color (40U) Ivory White

Exterior color (67U) Liquid Silver Metallic

New Features

09pong6_gm17wa636r_nf.jpg

Exterior color (50U) Summit White

09pong6_gm50wa8624_nf.jpg

Exterior color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic

09pong6_gm51wa316n_nf.jpg

Exterior color (92U) Silver Green Metallic

09pong6_gm92wa633r_nf.jpg

(PDZ) Sport Package 2, includes (LZ4) 3.5L Variable Valve Timing V6 SFI engine, (PFF) 17" (43.2 cm) painted cast aluminum wheels, (QAD) P225/50R17 touring, blackwall tires, (F83) 3.05 axle ratio, Hydraulic Power Steering (HPS), (T96) front fog lamps and (T43) rear spoiler. (PDZ) is available on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan

(PCN) Sun and Sound Plus Package, includes (UBK) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD changer, (CF5) power sunroof and either (PFE) 17" (43.2 cm) Chrome-Tech cast aluminum wheels on GT models or (P79) 18" (45.7 cm) 5-spoke, flangeless Black Chrome-Tech wheels on GXP models. (PCN) is available on GT and GXP Sedan & Coupe models

(MH8) 6-speed automatic transmission, electronically controlled with overdrive, includes Driver Shift Control (included with {PDX} Sport Package 1 on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan)

(QGG) P215/55R17 touring, blackwall tires (standard on G6 Sedan)

(FXK) 2.89 axle ratio (included with [PDX] Sport Package 1 on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan)

(UE0) OnStar, not installed (available for Fleet or Government order types only on G6 Sedan)

Changes

(PDX) Sport Package 1 contains new content. On 2ZG69 G6 Sedan, (PDX) includes (FX3) StabiliTrak, Dynamic Control System, (MH8) 6-speed automatic transmission, (T43) rear spoiler and (FXK) 2.89 axle ratio. On 2ZH67 GT Convertible, (PDX) contains (LZ9) 3.9L Variable Valve Timing V6 SFI engine, exhaust outlets with dual chrome tips, (M15) 4-speed automatic transmission, (FR3) 3.69 axle ratio, (C68) front automatic air conditioning, (QR2) 18" (45.7 cm) 5-spoke, bright Chrome-Tech wheels and (AG1) 6-way power driver seat adjuster

(PCM) Preferred Package, available on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan, contains new content, which now includes (K34) cruise control, (AP8) extended-range remote keyless entry, (AP3) Remote vehicle starter system, (JA7) leather-wrapped brake handle, (VY7) leather-wrapped shift knob, (UK3) steering-wheel mounted audio controls and (N34) leather-wrapped steering wheel

(PCJ) Sun and Sound Package is now only available on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan and now includes (UBK) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD changer, (CF5) power sunroof and (DD7) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with compass display and driver and front passenger visor vanity mirrors (was available on GT & GXP Sedan and Coupe models in 2008)

(PCQ) Premium Package is now available on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan and contains new content. (PCQ) now includes front bucket leather-appointed seats, (AG1) 6-way power driver seat adjuster and (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats

(U2K) XM Radio is now standard on G6 Sedan (was available in 2008)

(AP3) Remote vehicle starter system is now standard on GT models and GXP Sedan and Coupe models and is included and only available with (PCM) Preferred Package on G6 Sedan

(AP9) Trunk cargo nets is now standard on GT and GXP Sedan and Coupe models and available on G6 Sedan (was available and part of [PCQ] Premium Package on GT models and [PCM] Preferred Package on GXP models and G6 Sedan in 2008)

(DD7) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with compass display is now included and only available with (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package on G6 Sedan and is now standard on GT Sedan and Coupe models (Replaces manual inside rearview mirror)

(K34) Cruise control is now included and only available with (PCM) Preferred Package on G6 Sedan (was standard in 2008)

(B37) Front and rear carpeted floor mats is now standard on GT and GXP models and available on G6 Sedan (was available and part of [PCQ] Premium Package on GT models and [PCM] Preferred Package on GXP models and G6 Sedan in 2008)

(T43) rear spoiler is now standard on 2ZH69 GT Sedan (was available in 2008)

(PFF) 17" (43.2 cm) painted cast aluminum wheels is now standard on GT Sedan and Coupe models (was available on 2ZG69 G6 Sedan with [PDX] Sport Package in 2008)

(PFE) 17" (43.2 cm) Chrome-Tech cast aluminum wheels is now available and part of (PCN) Sun and Sound Plus Package on GT Sedan and Coupe models (was standard in 2008)

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...863&type=0#

G8

Deletions

Exterior color (25U) Stealth Blue Metallic

Exterior color (77U) Ignition Orange Metallic

New Features

Exterior color (17U) Maverick Silver Metallic

09pong8_gm17wa636r_nf.jpg

Exterior color (26U) Sport Red Metallic

09pong8_gm26wa352n_nf.jpg

Exterior color (39U) Stryker Blue Metallic

09pong8_gm39wa608r_nf.jpg

Exterior color (64U) Pacific Slate Metallic

09pong8_gm64wa610r_nf.jpg

(U2K) XM Radio (standard on all models)

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...864&type=0#

Solstice

Deletions

(J65) 4-wheel disc brakes

Exterior color (25U) Deep (Dark Blue Metallic)

New Features

(Q9X) 18" (45.7 cm) Pearl Nickel painted aluminum wheels (available on both models)

Exterior color (48U) Deep (Blue)

Exterior color (79U) Wicked (Merlot Jewel Metallic)

(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface) (included and only available with (PCQ) Premium Package and (UE1) OnStar on 2MB67 Solstice and standard on 2MG67 Solstice GXP)

Changes

(JL9) 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc brakes with Stabilitrak and all-speed traction control are now standard on 2MB67 Solstice (was available in 2008)

(G80) limited slip rear differential is now standard on 2MB67 Solstice (was available in 2008)

(N87) 18" silver-painted aluminum wheel appearance has changed

(QF8) 18" polished aluminum wheel appearance has changed

(PD5) 18" chrome aluminum wheel appearance has changed

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...775&type=0#

Torrent

Deletions

Exterior color (15U) Sedona Beige Metallic

Exterior color (44U) Granite Gray Metallic

Exterior color (67U) Liquid Silver Metallic

New Features

09pontor_gm17wa636r_nf.jpg

Exterior color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic

09pontor_gm51wa316n_nf.jpg

Exterior color (57U) Cyber Gray Metallic

09pontor_gm57wa637r_nf.jpg

(U1C) AM/FM stereo with CD player is available on all models and is included and only available with (U2J) XM Satellite Radio delete and a Fleet or Government order type

06u1c-radio_nf.jpg

(U2J) XM Satellite Radio delete is available on all models and includes (U1C) AM/FM stereo with CD player (Requires a Fleet or Government order type)

(U80) 8-point digital compass, located in the Driver Information Center is standard on all models

(UPF) Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)

Changes

(U2K) XM Radio is now standard on all models (was available on all models in 2008)

(ASF) dual-stage frontal and head curtain side-impact air bags are now standard on all models (was available on all models in 2008)

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...836&type=0#

Vibe

All new for 2009

HALLELUJAH THE G6 IS GETTING A 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC!! This car has deserved some serious upgrades to the point that I thought GM was abandoning it.

The G6 always had it... just that you had to get the most expensive one.

This time the change was the mass market 6T40 version.

the g5 loses the 2.4L? hm. getting ready for DII?

The Cobalt doesn't have the 2.4 for 2009, either. I believe that the LAP direct injected 2.2 replaces the L61. What does this mean for the G5 GT? Will it be dropped? Or will they be getting an LNF version of the GT?

No wonder Pontiac is losing market share. The Torrent, which is just a badge engineered Equinox, STILL uses the China 3400 for 2009 with 1996 power levels! The G5, which is a Cobalt with a different grille and taillights, loses it's more powerful 2.4 and only offers the Cobalts base engine while the lower end Chevy offers a superchared coupe and sedan! The G6 is still much the same save for better availability of the 6 speed automatic finally! The other changes are useless for the most part and do nothing for what really needs to be changed in this car, the dash, lack of pleasing interior colors, a Malibu like interior light package and more cohesive design with bodyside moldings offered on the coupe as at least an option. The Toyota Vibe- need I say more! And lastly the silly named G8 with it's Holden clone BMW like exterior styling which just isn't Pontiac to me. At least this model offers some rear drive driving excitement and an interior that GM only dreamed of making a few years back. Too bad production is so limited and V6 mileage so low.

The Cobalt doesn't have the 2.4 for 2009, either. I believe that the LAP direct injected 2.2 replaces the L61. What does this mean for the G5 GT? Will it be dropped? Or will they be getting an LNF version of the GT?

the LAP isn't DI...only VVT

if the 2.4 is being dropped, it must be for kappa and the maybe the switch to the e85 capable 2.4L in the HHR. anyone verify this?

No wonder Pontiac is losing market share. The Torrent, which is just a badge engineered Equinox, STILL uses the China 3400 for 2009 with 1996 power levels!

Poncho man unlike some people on her I really enjoy my Torrent and I always have and always will put my money where my mouth is. You might be suprised at how much kick the Torrent has and how well it drives. I drove a 4-cylinder Rav and Escape nothing could match the great price a mere 16,330 new and have the kind of performance at that kind of price point. The Torrent is an excellent vehicle and if Pontiac gets rid of an SUV (not the Vibe) the Torrent that would be stupid. Some people want something other than an Equinox but don't want a Buick or GMC.

No wonder Pontiac is losing market share. The Torrent, which is just a badge engineered Equinox, STILL uses the China 3400 for 2009 with 1996 power levels!

Poncho man unlike some people on her I really enjoy my Torrent and I always have and always will put my money where my mouth is. You might be suprised at how much kick the Torrent has and how well it drives. I drove a 4-cylinder Rav and Escape nothing could match the great price a mere 16,330 new and have the kind of performance at that kind of price point. The Torrent is an excellent vehicle and if Pontiac gets rid of an SUV (not the Vibe) the Torrent that would be stupid. Some people want something other than an Equinox but don't want a Buick or GMC.

I like the Torrent, but would avoid it (at least for now)

I'm hearing too many horror stories about it.....

The day I had my Cobalt in for work there was two torrents being traded in that day (one got a truck, and other a car)

Both had issues (overheating, trans), and the dealership had those on the rig ready to go by the end of the day.....

What are the problems... Overheating tranny? I haven't heard anything about motor problems, but what are they. I am curious.

It just depends...mostly bugs...lots and lots of them...

Trans, and the sensors seem to be big issues on this car. Which to me is odd, considering its twin (Nox) doesn't seem to have this many issues....

The Nox and Torrent also suffer from the dreaded electric steering with clunks/pops and various noises. My 07 Malibu currently has this issue with the same steering setup and 4 trips to the dealer remains unresolved. The 3400 performs ok in these vehicles mainly due to the 5 speed automatic. Better engines exist such as the 217 HP 3500 in my Malibu that would make the Nox/Torrent a much better drive than the noisier China built 3400 that can only muster 185 HP. Heck even GM's own 2.9 liter 4 cylinder in the Colorado has 185 HP! That is a power figure from 12 years ago (13 when it's 2009). The 3400 engine should never have been offered in these vehicles back in 2005 when the superior 3500 existed. The mere fact that they are STILL offering it for 2009 is almost surreal.